• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official The 20XX Melee Training Hack Pack (v5.0.2 - 1/20/2023)

WestStar

Smash Cadet
Achilles, I was messing around with 2.05 (latest ver I had on extra SD card) in my Wii U with Nintendont and it worked perfectly. I updated to 3.02 and now, it freezes randomly when I pick a stage. I have cheats turned off, and force widescreen/progressive scan on. I know the Wii U isn't a priority, but just thought I'd mention.

Also, I wrote the guide for Mac. I just saw it on the frontpage now.

Thanks for everything you and the other guys do :)

Achilles1515

Smash Master
Achilles, I was messing around with 2.05 (latest ver I had on extra SD card) in my Wii U with Nintendont and it worked perfectly. I updated to 3.02 and now, it freezes randomly when I pick a stage. I have cheats turned off, and force widescreen/progressive scan on. I know the Wii U isn't a priority, but just thought I'd mention.

Also, I wrote the guide for Mac. I just saw it on the frontpage now.

Thanks for everything you and the other guys do :)
Hmm. I haven't heard of that being a common problem. There might have been a problem with the ISO rebuild or something. Check your private messages.

Thanks for writing the Mac guide btw! Do you want me to change your name, as the writer of the guide, to WestStar?

Last edited:

WestStar

Smash Cadet
Hmm. I haven't heard of that being a common problem. There might have been a problem with the ISO rebuild or something. Check your private messages.

Thanks for writing the Mac guide btw! Do you want me to change your name, as the writer of the guide, to WestStar?
Seems like the rebuilt ISO works for now at least. I'll report back if anything happens again. Thanks!

schmooblidon

Smash Journeyman
Will this memory card method work with PAL melee? I believe there aren't PAL codes for all 20XX stuff (maybe future project), but even just using unlock all stages/chars and debug menu (which there are codes for) would be sweet, and maybe a pal code for ps no transformation would be great.

UniClown

Smash Rookie
So here is what I came up with after messing with teching stuff today.
Code:
All CPUs Randomize Tech Options (1.02) [Achilles]

C2098A1C 0000000B
89DD0678 1DCE0E90
3DE08045 61EF3088
7DEF702E 2C0F0001
40820034 3DE0804D
89EF5F91 2C0F0055
4080000C 388000C7
48000020 2C0F00AA
4080000C 388000C8
48000010 388000C9
48000008 7FC4F378
60000000 00000000
C2098714 00000008
89DE0678 1DCE0E90
3DE08045 61EF3088
7DEF702E 2C0F0001
4082001C 3DE0804D
89EF5F90 2C0F00E0
4080000C 38600001
48000008 38600000
60000000 00000000
Test it out!
How would I go about testing this code?

Sorry:(

Smash Apprentice
The new Termina Great Bay hacked stage gives fox an infinity when the turtle's head is facing inward.

Really like the stage though. I have a love/hate relationship with the old one because of SDs. My brother and I would always yell in horror when our random selector picked it

Anutim

Smash Apprentice
Will this memory card method work with PAL melee? I believe there aren't PAL codes for all 20XX stuff (maybe future project), but even just using unlock all stages/chars and debug menu (which there are codes for) would be sweet, and maybe a pal code for ps no transformation would be great.
For less hassle, just replace all the characters and stuff with PAL characters. :p So then you have NTSC but with PAL properties. (Or at least, the PAL parts that matter.)

EDIT: LOL, somehow I missed the fact that this was about using the memory card! My apologies.

Last edited:

Fizzi

Smash Ace
Slippi.gg
FIZZI#36
Has enforced neutral spawn points in 1v1s been discussed as a potential future feature? Would be pretty cool.

Also I just tried the newest version yesterday. I had never tried the screen shake remove feature before and holy **** is it cool. It felt so weird but so awesome at the same time. I never even knew the screen shook lol.

Last edited:

Achilles1515

Smash Master
Has enforced neutral spawn points in 1v1s been discussed as a potential future feature? Would be pretty cool.

Also I just tried the newest version yesterday. I had never tried the screen shake remove feature before and holy **** is it cool. It felt so weird but so awesome at the same time. I never even knew the screen shook lol.
There already is neutral spawn points for 1v1s. Just make sure the debug toggle in "Gameplays Codes" is on.

And the screen rumble thing...I know, man. It's so interesting. I was just [educationally] poking around random values and then I up-threw with Fox and was like "whoa...something was weird about that".

Achilles1515

Smash Master
Alright, so here is what I finished working on last week that I was excited about!

Player Flags

Download link to test for 20XX Backroom Members (lol, everyone). I'm not going to go over everything right now, but feel free to play around with it! The menus dynamically change as you switch the player number at the top, and it may look a little buggy after the switch, but as soon as you move the cursor down it will refresh and look normal.

You're going to need to add those three files (MnSlChr.usd/dat & Start.dol) to the 3.02 files and then rebuild the ISO.
This WIP-3.03 version also includes the custom CSS toggle and also IE's new extended name tag hack.

Oh, and also a new code that will make the percent displays smaller if playing a four player match on Dreamland :)

Note: These debug menu values are NOT saved to memory card.

EDIT: I think this freezes while sitting at the CSS/ start screen for too long. Use at your own risk until the next stable update.

Last edited:

Acryte

Smash Ace
yo @ Achilles1515 Achilles1515 I have a question... would it be possible to change the Item switch to be a random stage music menu? So that we can turn off the tracks we don't like :) ?

Also invisible will be cool using the new menus when using frame counter so that I can make those annoying extra cpus hidden from view (or is it like cloaking?).

Also, Termina GB freezes my hardmodded wii for some reason. It doesn't freeze on any of the other custom stages. Only GB. I'm on 3.02 that I upgraded from 3.0 and I've never had any issues of it freezing when loading any other stages prior. It happens after you select it and before it changes to the actual level.

Last edited:

flieskiller

Smash Journeyman
Oh, and also a new code that will make the percent displays smaller if playing a four player match on Dreamland :)
Can it be a transparent percent, where we can see through these? Smaller seems a little wrong to me, but seeing it in-game would confirm if it's cool or not.

flieskiller

Smash Journeyman
I have a complaint also about a custom map: The ceiling in the custom Hyrule Temple is too high, it's even higher than Dreamland, without the camera going higher (which is maybe to prevent the percent numbers to hide the player, even for that the ceiling is still too high).

Am I the only one finding that annoying?

shuall

Smash Apprentice
Wow...I never noticed this. S**t.

You're right. Wii hacking will always be superior because you can use modified game files. Hacked stages, characters, costume files, etc. can't be used with GC hacking of this manner. That's why I've been calling it 20XX Lite. It's limited in comparison, but still has a lot of uses.

The only thing new with this development is the injected Gecko codehandler. We already knew how to inject custom ASM using the exploit, IE just wanted this codehandler to make adding new codes easier. The only issue I have with this method is that it is technically less efficient than just injecting it manually. It's basically using a middle man to get your work done instead of just doing it yourself, and that middle man is doing a bunch of other things [every frame of the game] that may be totally unnecessary for the task at hand. For example, any 32-bit write code in the form of "04XXXXXX YYYYYYYY" writes YYYYYYYY to 0x80000000+XXXXXXX every single frame of the game no matter what you are doing or where you are at. So say all that was necessary is to change a line of code once and just leave it alone (as in it never gets written to again by the game's code), the Gecko codehandler ignores this fact and every frame of the game will still run through the codehandler code and also make that 32-bit overwrite even though it doesn't need to. So how I see it, you lose some efficiency by purely using Gecko codes.

The benefit is that it makes it more straightforward to add codes into the game.

This is a really cool development, though!! IE is quite awesome.

I'll try and get it as a debug toggle in the next release.
Looks like 3 versions: Release (full, texture hacks, etc), Lite (GCmem, with injected asm), and Debug (GCmem, with gecko loader)

Though, Debug seems more useful for just making your own custom tournament version of melee (like Hectohertz's), and you don't want to convert all your gecko codes to asm injections.

DJLO

Smash Journeyman
finally got this working thanks to nintendont! stupid question:

how do i access the custom debug menu? i may have an older version of the hack pack because i downloaded a premade .iso from darkumbra forums. when i go back to the debug menu from the css, its just the normal debug menu.

thanks for this achilles, i love it!

Achilles1515

Smash Master
yo @ Achilles1515 Achilles1515 I have a question... would it be possible to change the Item switch to be a random stage music menu? So that we can turn off the tracks we don't like :) ?

Also invisible will be cool using the new menus when using frame counter so that I can make those annoying extra cpus hidden from view (or is it like cloaking?).

Also, Termina GB freezes my hardmodded wii for some reason. It doesn't freeze on any of the other custom stages. Only GB. I'm on 3.02 that I upgraded from 3.0 and I've never had any issues of it freezing when loading any other stages prior. It happens after you select it and before it changes to the actual level.
The item switch idea is interesting but I wouldn't want to take that functionality away at the moment. I'm also not too concerned about music right now. Do you know how to manually take out songs from the "random" list (hex editing)?

It's cloaking.

Check your pm's.

Can it be a transparent percent, where we can see through these? Smaller seems a little wrong to me, but seeing it in-game would confirm if it's cool or not.

Imo it looks pretty good. Idk how to make it transparent. I just found a byte that I could change to make the percents the same size as in a 6 player match, but still with only four on the screen.
finally got this working thanks to nintendont! stupid question:

how do i access the custom debug menu? i may have an older version of the hack pack because i downloaded a premade .iso from darkumbra forums. when i go back to the debug menu from the css, its just the normal debug menu.

thanks for this achilles, i love it!
You need a newer version. Check pm. I sent you instructions.

♡ⓛⓞⓥⓔ♡

Anti-Illuminati
Apparently there seems to be quite a few bugs with 20xx. It's a question whether this mod could be used in a tournament setting, which is very relevant after IE's breaktrough. Here's a Facebook thread with various bugs being mentioned, I post it here because otherwise the information might not reach this thread. Check the comments.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/MeleeItOnMe/579802592120813/?notif_t=group_activity (Hugs's post)

On another note, I made a Facebook page for 20xx Hackpack since I could not find an existent one.
Please contact me on PM or via Facebook if you want administer rights (Achilles, IE, BR members).
For now I won't be making any posts (unless approved by Achilles) but just trying to get people to like the page.

https://www.facebook.com/20xxhackpack/

Last edited:

Oddyesy

Smash Ace
NNID
Oddyesy
So I just got the new version, and it'd be great, except for one thing: when I go into debug mode and change things, I get sent back to the Start menu. No problem, except Dolphin freezes when I press Start. It's a problem that occurs when I'm on the start menu for any reason at all. Any help?

Myougi

My posts are gluten free.
So I just got the new version, and it'd be great, except for one thing: when I go into debug mode and change things, I get sent back to the Start menu. No problem, except Dolphin freezes when I press Start. It's a problem that occurs when I'm on the start menu for any reason at all. Any help?
It's normal for the debug menu to kick players back to the start screen. The debug menu has always been like that. the freezing in Dolphin Emu isn't suppost to happen however, and that probably means you didn't compile your ISO correctly. Get a fresh Super Smash Bros. Melee 1.2 iso (It must be 1.2) from your disk and then use GCR to replace all the files. You might be missing some of the file replacements/additions and that's why the game crashes after exiting the new debug menu.

Oddyesy

Smash Ace
NNID
Oddyesy
It's normal for the debug menu to kick players back to the start screen. The debug menu has always been like that. the freezing in Dolphin Emu isn't suppost to happen however, and that probably means you didn't compile your ISO correctly. Get a fresh Super Smash Bros. Melee 1.2 iso (It must be 1.2) from your disk and then use GCR to replace all the files. You might be missing some of the file replacements/additions and that's why the game crashes after exiting the new debug menu.
I know that it's normal to take me back to the start screen. I just included it. I do have 1.2, but I'll try and rebuild the ISO.

Smash Apprentice
I thought those were stored in the PL dat and not Ef dat. Could be wrong though.
Well, both the rainbow shine and the sword swing colors can be found pretty early in the "Changing Color Effects in Melee!" guide pinned at the top of the Melee workshop forum:
http://smashboards.com/threads/changing-color-effects-in-melee.313177/

For this reason I believe both would be considered effect mods. There does seem to be slightly different procedures for modifying these two effects though.

If 20XX in fact doesn't do effect mods, I think Achilles should make an exception for the "pride shine". It would compliment "pride destination" (rainbow FD) quite well.

Achilles1515

Smash Master
Disable Netplay codes or just codes all together.

Achilles1515

Smash Master
I thought those were stored in the PL dat and not Ef dat. Could be wrong though.
You're right. Sword swing color is in PlMs.dat, not an effect file.

Well, both the rainbow shine and the sword swing colors can be found pretty early in the "Changing Color Effects in Melee!" guide pinned at the top of the Melee workshop forum:
http://smashboards.com/threads/changing-color-effects-in-melee.313177/

For this reason I believe both would be considered effect mods. There does seem to be slightly different procedures for modifying these two effects though.

If 20XX in fact doesn't do effect mods, I think Achilles should make an exception for the "pride shine". It would compliment "pride destination" (rainbow FD) quite well.
Guys,
Because of Sham Rock's file adding discovery, I can add whatever the **** I want to the ISO in really efficient ways.

For example, I've started rewriting the CSS toggles and every single PAL character is now included. This new code is a little less than half as long as the previous code that only did 5 characters...

I'll try and get rainbow shine in the next release.

I think this release will be the "fun" one.

Last edited:

Y-L

Smash Champion
Has the idea of all spoof controllers following the p2 codes been explored? (i.e. having spoof controllers on ports 2 and 3 and p1 activating the shine OoS command activates for both spoof controllers) Would be great to be able to practice with a friend without sharing a dummy.

On another note, where did you start with melee hacking? I want to learn about it but I have no idea where to start.

Smash Apprentice
For example, I've started rewriting the CSS toggles and every single PAL character is now included. This new code is a little less than half as long as the previous code that only did 5 characters...
This exciting news. Any plans for SD remix characters in the near future?

Goatlink

Smash Apprentice
You're right. Sword swing color is in PlMs.dat, not an effect file.

Guys,
Because of Sham Rock's file adding discovery, I can add whatever the **** I want to the ISO in really efficient ways.

I'll try and get rainbow shine in the next release.

I think this release will be the "fun" one.
why not go all out and make a custom shine color sub menu? is it possible to have 2 different spacies have different shine colors in the same match like with marths sword colors?

Achilles1515

Smash Master
This exciting news. Any plans for SD remix characters in the near future?
Yes, but it will be more complex. There's a lot of "extras" involved with that project that will take a lot of coordination and planning to execute properly.

I definitely want to try and do it, though.
why not go all out and make a custom shine color sub menu? is it possible to have 2 different spacies have different shine colors in the same match like with marths sword colors?
As of right now, it is not possible. Shine graphic information is shared among all space animals in a match.

Achilles1515

Smash Master
Has the idea of all spoof controllers following the p2 codes been explored? (i.e. having spoof controllers on ports 2 and 3 and p1 activating the shine OoS command activates for both spoof controllers) Would be great to be able to practice with a friend without sharing a dummy.

On another note, where did you start with melee hacking? I want to learn about it but I have no idea where to start.
Copied from part of a conversation with Ripple yesterday:

"Really though, you should just start with this video by Internetexplorer. It's long, but really good. He goes over how to use the basics of Debug Dolphin including direct RAM editing, cheat search, ASM instructions, breakpoints, and more.

I watched this when I had no hacking experience and afterward was just like "holy s**t....this is amazing. It all makes sense now". And then after many sleepless nights of being over-excited about this newfound power, 20XX was born.

And the research and testing has never stopped since and I've learned so much. But it all started with that video."

DJLO

Smash Journeyman
question regarding alternate costumes:

is there a way to add more of them? i know how to replace costume files, but im wondering if there is a way to add more /alternate/ costumes? thanks

samoht

Smash Rookie
So i tried "updating" my 20xx by opening the GALE01 folder on my usb and replacing the files in that folder. I was so happy it loaded the character select
and then it froze
RIP i was dreading having to make an entirely new ISO

Top Bottom