• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official The 20XX Melee Training Hack Pack (v5.0.2 - 1/20/2023)

zz_halim

Smash Apprentice
So i tried "updating" my 20xx by opening the GALE01 folder on my usb and replacing the files in that folder. I was so happy it loaded the character select
and then it froze
RIP i was dreading having to make an entirely new ISO
The following supposes you have the game extracted with GCReEx on your USB:
Problem with this is that the files have different sizes, compared to how you get them from Achilles.
I have this issue often with custom textures i got from the internet, that they're X bytes smaller than the regular file which has been extracted with GCReEx. Like most of the time it's a difference about 3 or 4 bytes.
When replacing many files (like when you update 20xx) it may be more efficient to remake the iso.
But you can fill the gap at the end of these files VERY easily with a Hex-Editor. Just compare the actual filesize (not the filesize on disc which depends on your filesystem). Then add a 00 for every byte thats missing at the end of the file.
I do this often with textures which saves a lot of time and is very flexible since you can have the textures on your usb stick and then just switch them in and out like you want.
Not 100% sure if this works for dols and other filetypes, too, but for dat und usd it worked every single time.

Fishaman P

Smash Apprentice
A brand new Smash game came out, including a mobile version, and I'm just sitting here getting hyped over Melee hacks and an official GC adapter for PC.

samoht

Smash Rookie
I just found a pretty weird glitch on the character select screen.
Select zelda. Press B to unselect her, then press Z change her into shiek. Press B again instead of selecting shiek and the 2nd controller port on the bottom will flash through all the characters in about 2 seconds with a yellow background on the 2nd player port (and the other 2 ports go yellow but no characters on them) and the announcer say captain falcon. and then random characters become ? on the screen. It doesnt crash or anything and you can select the ?s for the characters to go back to their slots but its just kinda weird. It also changes the game mode to Team Slo-mo

Espi

Smash Journeyman
How do I replace the custom character textures. I know that it uses trophy files, so I'm guessing that its complicated.

CeLL

Smash Lord
How do I replace the custom character textures. I know that it uses trophy files, so I'm guessing that its complicated.
It's just like replacing the normal character textures, except in GCR, you replace the file listed in the OP rather than the original character texture file.

For example, if I wanted to replace Fox's neutral alt costume, I'd open GCR, find TyRoyR.dat, right click it, choose import, and then choose the texture I wanted to replace it with.

@ Achilles1515 Achilles1515
When you start as Zelda by holding A while the stage is loading after selecting Sheik on the CSS, save states do not work for you. They still work for other players in the match though lol

Last edited:

Achilles1515

Smash Master
I just found a pretty weird glitch on the character select screen.
Select zelda. Press B to unselect her, then press Z change her into shiek. Press B again instead of selecting shiek and the 2nd controller port on the bottom will flash through all the characters in about 2 seconds with a yellow background on the 2nd player port (and the other 2 ports go yellow but no characters on them) and the announcer say captain falcon. and then random characters become ? on the screen. It doesnt crash or anything and you can select the ?s for the characters to go back to their slots but its just kinda weird. It also changes the game mode to Team Slo-mo
Ahhhh. I've seen this happen before but didn't know how to reproduce it. So it happens when the cursor is trying to revert back to the previously selected character, but they no longer exist because they've been toggled. Interesting.
It's explained at the bottom of the alternate costumes section on the main post.

Achilles1515

Smash Master
@ Achilles1515 Achilles1515
When you start as Zelda by holding A while the stage is loading after selecting Sheik on the CSS, save states do not work for you. They still work for other players in the match though lol
Yeah. I didn't have a good grip on secondary player flags when I wrote that code. Or well, I did it for Icies but not for Sheik/Zelda. I could probably fix this pretty easily. Thanks for reminding me.

CeLL

Smash Lord
How possible would it be to change the color of shine during a match? If it is possible, I have two ideas:

1. Have shine turn a different color on frame 4, to indicate that it wasn't jump cancelled frame perfectly.

2. Rainbow shine :O

Starreaver1

Smash Apprentice
No, rainbow shine like rainbow FD.
I believe Achilles mentioned this a while back, writing a code that overwrites values in the in-game RAM data for shine (PlFx.dat, PlFalcowhateveritscalled.dat?) and basically runs the rainbow FD code on the shine. I actually have notes on this but I never bothered looking more into it since I'm more into practical mods lol.
So it's basically applying the Marth sword color swing mod to shine, then applying the FD code to that. At least that's my understanding of it.
Edit: I think the shine data you'd need to overwrite is actually located in the effects .dat, unlike sword swings.
Edit again: Didn't read previous page, I think Achilles is gonna have everything covered...

Last edited:

tubes

Smash Ace
Ok so I encountered a weird bug just now. I was trying to do the old plug the controller in while holding the stick trick so I could practice some DI specific things, and as soon as I plugged my controller in my character started running instead of standing in neutral like he's supposed to. The game doesn't consider the control stick in neutral when I plug it in and just inputs a run instead. Further testing showed that this only happened if I held the control stick to the right while plugging it in. If I hold left, up, or down, the control stick registers as in neutral like it's supposed too and my character will auto crouch/jump/run to the right when I let go of the stick. But If I hold right while I plug in, it just inputs a run immediately and if I let go of the control stick my character just stands there. All ports are working like this. What a weird bug...

CeLL

Smash Lord
Toggle - bind a certain button combination to death

Sort of like death on roll, except you do it manually. Like I can ledgedash pretty well, but I have a habit of doing anything else from the ledge in a match. So I could press this combo every time I don't ledgedash from the ledge. Could be used for all sorts of things: missing some sort of tech, like SDIing Fox's uair, breaking bad habits, dropping tech chases or chaingrabs, getting grabbed by Marth, etc.

Also if/when you get around to rewriting the P2 commands, I think the SHL spam command would be better with a random wait between each SHL. As it stands you can almost get into a sort of rhythm and get easy powershields.

undergroundmonorail

Smash Cadet
I'm having an issue with the CPUs in 3.02. Occasionally, the computer players' AI will just stop. They'll sit there and do nothing. Sometimes hitting them makes them work again, but other times they just still don't do anything.

It appears to happen every time a CPU dies, and randomly other times. I haven't done much testing, though.

EDIT: It looks like the thing that kickstarts the AI into working again is knocking them off the stage. I'm absolutely no expert, but I think that Melee CPUs have a few different states they can be in, where they're trying to accomplish something? Like, there's the "Rack up damage" state and the "Grab all items" state? I think. It looks like forcing them into the "Get back on the stage" state is what's fixing them.
It's been a while, but last night I think I finally figured this out. This happens to CPUs in the player 2 slot when P2's "spoof controller" setting is turned off. Turning it on fixes it. It might also work if you have a controller in port 2, but I couldn't test that.

I don't have a use for controller spoofing and I find it annoying to have it on, so the workaround is to enable CPUs as player 3 or 4 instead.

TheKobanator

Smash Rookie
How possible would it be to change the color of shine during a match? If it is possible, I have two ideas:

1. Have shine turn a different color on frame 4, to indicate that it wasn't jump cancelled frame perfectly.

Oh, man, that would be huge! I feel like that has to be impossible though...

@ Achilles1515 Achilles1515 please shed some light.

CeLL

Smash Lord
When I try to replace the alternate costume file, it says that the file size does not match.
You must be using an older version of 20XX or are replacing the wrong trophy file. Triple check that you're replacing the right file, and if it's still telling you that, build a new updated iso.

FriendGuy

Smash Cadet
How to put vanilla on same SD as hack pack???

I can't make more than one GALE01 folder and I don't know if putting both versions in one GALE01 folder will work :(

flieskiller

Smash Journeyman

I can't make more than one GALE01 folder and I don't know if putting both versions in one GALE01 folder will work :(
In the folder "&&SystemData" of the iso, there is a file called ISO.hdr. Open it with a hexadecimal editor and modify the unique ID at the beginning. For Melee, you will see "GALE01", so rename it to "GALEXX" (or any other name you want).

Be careful to not change the size of the file by not adding any characters.

You can also change the name below that code to differentiate between the two versions. you can add 20XX after "Super Smash Bros Melee" to "Super Smash Bros Melee 20XX".

After that modification, recompile your iso with the new ISO.hdr inside the &&SystemData folder

Stratocaster

Smash Ace
"1. Have shine turn a different color on frame 4, to indicate that it wasn't jump cancelled frame perfectly."

Oh, man, that would be huge! I feel like that has to be impossible though...

@ Achilles1515 Achilles1515 please shed some light.
Not Achilles, but I could do this myself (as I'm sure could he). frames 1-3 and frames 4+ are different states so all you have to do is assign a flash or coloring to that action state that is 4+. Honestly though you can tell if you did it perfectly by whether the Blue hexagon with the empty middle comes up. Before that is the white flashing hexagon. I included frames 3 and 4 below. I think the only way to JC perfectly is to just hit up after B ASAP. It buffers that way.

Attachments

CeLL

Smash Lord

In the folder "&&SystemData" of the iso, there is a file called ISO.hdr. Open it with a hexadecimal editor and modify the unique ID at the beginning. For Melee, you will see "GALE01", so rename it to "GALEXX" (or any other name you want).

Be careful to not change the size of the file by not adding any characters.

You can also change the name below that code to differentiate between the two versions. you can add 20XX after "Super Smash Bros Melee" to "Super Smash Bros Melee 20XX".

After that modification, recompile your iso with the new ISO.hdr inside the &&SystemData folder
No need to do anything fancy with GCR. ISO.hdr is located at offset 0x0 in the iso, aka the first thing. Just open the entire iso in a hex editor, and the first 6 bytes are the game ID. Or just use this.

Twilight Emblem

Banned via Warnings
Is there anything that can be done to allow saving multiple savestates to be stored and cycle through those for selection?

For example cycling between upthrowing different characters with training DI at different percents with marth with a single button would be nice

Last edited:

zz_halim

Smash Apprentice
Is there anything that can be done to allow saving multiple savestates to be stored and cycle through those for selection?

For example cycling between upthrowing different characters with training DI at different percents with marth with a single button would be nice
This is currently not possible

You can name the folder containing the iso/extracted game data whatever you want AFAIK

CeLL

Smash Lord
This is currently not possible

You can name the folder containing the iso/extracted game data whatever you want AFAIK
That's true, but then Dios Mios will show the same info for both, making it hard to tell them apart.

zz_halim

Smash Apprentice
That's one of the reasons i prefer dios mios booter, the games are listed and always in the same order, so i got that going for me which is nice

FriendGuy

Smash Cadet
No need to do anything fancy with GCR. ISO.hdr is located at offset 0x0 in the iso, aka the first thing. Just open the entire iso in a hex editor, and the first 6 bytes are the game ID. Or just use this.
I'm not familiar at all with the coding world. Will something called HxD work for this?

Achilles1515

Smash Master
Alright, hold on a minute. Let me do some investigating.
I'm not familiar at all with the coding world. Will something called HxD work for this?
Yes. or Hex Editor Neo which is what I use.

Yeah, there's just the one save state right now. I don't plan on adding a multi-save state function at the moment, but it's definitely a thought to consider.

Last edited:

Achilles1515

Smash Master

Code:
Fox Grounded Shine is Red when Able to be Jump Cancelled
- make sure player 1 is Fox

C20E8560 00000005
39C00000 61CEAB9F
3DE08120 61F0918C
61EF90E0 B5CF0004
7C0F8000 40A2FFF8
7C0802A6 00000000
C20E8E60 00000005
39C00000 61CEFC00
3DE08120 61F0918C
61EF90E0 B5CF0004
7C0F8000 40A2FFF8
7C0802A6 00000000
When P1 is Fox, shine color data starts at 0x812090e0 in RAM. (may not always be true, I didn't exactly thoroughly test...)

This isn't a really well written code. Just showing thats its possible. I really don't know how helpful it is though.
And make sure to have P1 as Fox, otherwise this will happen...
Capture.PNG

Last edited:

Tee ay eye

Smash Hero
so how far along are you on developing a code to remove white marth from 3.03? or alternately, just disabling all his active hitboxes.

Last edited:

CeLL

Smash Lord
Code:
Fox Grounded Shine is Red when Able to be Jump Cancelled
- make sure player 1 is Fox

C20E8560 00000005
39C00000 61CEAB9F
3DE08120 61F0918C
61EF90E0 B5CF0004
7C0F8000 40A2FFF8
7C0802A6 00000000
C20E8E60 00000005
39C00000 61CEFC00
3DE08120 61F0918C
61EF90E0 B5CF0004
7C0F8000 40A2FFF8
7C0802A6 00000000
Awesome! But when I try to use it in Dolphin I get an error about a master code or something or other. I assume I'm doing something wrong.

zz_halim

Smash Apprentice
What happened to the frame counter video?

Also, do any PAL folks know how I can get either DM or Nintendont to work with 20XX when I force PAL60 in USB loader GX options? (or is the problem being the fact I'm not using wiiflow?)
I couldnt get nintendont to work with 20xx by forcing PAL60, just in black and white with ntsc video.

It works fine though with Dios mios Booter and DiosMios 2.10. just force PAL60, no video patch stuff or anything necessary.

UsbLoader GX could work if you mess with some settings, but i had problems with it so i just used DML-Booter instead

Last edited:

CeLL

Smash Lord
To install Dios Mios Lite over Dios Mios, do I just install the wad as though I hadn't installed Dios Mios?

Top Bottom