• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official The 20XX Melee Training Hack Pack (v5.0.2 - 1/20/2023)

Achilles1515

Smash Master
Achilles,

I almost hate to make suggestions because I know you have a lot on your plate, but I'm just going to throw some things out there anyway.

-Debug option to change action out of hitstun/ more options out of hitstun.
Right now they jump immediately, which has some problems. To give you a scenario, if Falcon tries down throw knee on Marth, it can be avoided by DI away. The thing is Marth will jump into it every time rather than just tech or autocancel an aerial or something. There are a number of things like this where a fair or nair or even nothing is better than jumping. It'd be a really useful to be able to practice against certain options or if they mixed up their options.

-Spotdodge/Shield after techs
This could also be a debug option or just standard, but it'd be awesome if the CPU would spotdodge so I can practice techchasing Sheik and actually tell if I'm getting there in time (right now only Fox/Falco do anything worthwhile after a tech). They could either mix up spotdodge and grab or you could just choose which one. Another alternate thing that could help is that "turn" counts as green colored. The reason for this is that CPUs tend to turn towards you immediately and the turn doesn't register as a color right now so you can't really tell if you are a few frames late because they don't flash green or anything...

-Choose a DI
Much like "repeat an action," if you could do a button combo and then have a chance to input a DI and then P2 will always DI that particularly way. This is useful for practicing against a particular DI or testing to see if a combo is escape-able with certain DI.

-Choose a tech option
I particularly want to practice against no tech get-up options. I tried to set-up a good way to do this, but It'd be pretty cool if maybe teching could be disabled so you can get more isolated practice against the get-up options. It could also be cool if you could set them to always tech a certain way or such so, for example, you can grind out the spacing of stomping tech roll behind. You can do this by hitting the air most of the time, but you know this would be kind of cool.

I think these things could really help us improve our punish game/ option coverage. If I can help you out, let me know.

Edit: Didn't see the update. Great work on 3.02!
Oh and Happy Birthday Achilles1515 Achilles1515 !!
It would be great to have out of hitstun options. The limitation with the jump out of hitstun code is in the framework of how I originally coded it. As we discussed previously, when the CPU is hit, they are changed to a human and given a direction input. While this is happening they are actually holding the Y button as well. I figured out if you write 0 to their "digital button data" memory address every frame of the game, that is has an effect of acting like they are spamming the button input ( I figured this out by writing a 32-bit write code of zeroes to this address [before I really knew what it was for], and realized I could buffer jumps with X/Y).

Where I'm getting at with all this is that I need some way to turn the CPU (human) back into a CPU (cpu). And the majority of the time, this is accomplished when they start an aerial jump. Other times include if they are at a certain point below the stage, and if all their jumps have been used.

This is NOT a good way to make the CPU jump out of hitstun....but it was the best I could do at the time, because I was unaware of the address that relates to how many frames of hitstun they have left.

The other items on your list are great suggestions as well. I probably won't implement them until I get around to rewriting the P2 action codes, but I'll definitely write them with these suggestions in mind. Spotdodging after a tech would be especially great and a good option cast-wide.

Last edited:

zz_halim

Smash Apprentice
First off I'd like to say thank you achilles for everything you've done. This whole project is amazing.

Secondly, would it be possible to implement an l-cancel everything hack as seen in this video?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JLuFpmoKUVQ

Thanks!
This is actually already implemented :)
Just go into the Debug Menu -> Gameplay Codes -> L-Cancel.

EDIT: Oh, I misunderstood this :D Thought you just meant aerials

Last edited:

Achilles1515

Smash Master
New test version for the loyals.

20XX 3.02 - New CSS File Replacements.zip
Includes:
Start.dol
MnSlChr.usd
MnSlChr.dat

(you will need to rebuild the ISO)

New code category: Texture Hacks

• Custom CSS
    • Uses an alternative Character Select Screen file when turned to ON.
    • File used when OFF: MnSlChr.usd (default)
    • File used when ON: MnSlChr.dat

The 20XX Alt CSS in the download link is Goxplex's New CSS. Retouched by Ohsm and with the 20XX closed port texture. @Goxplex @Ohsm

The most important change in this update is that the main CSS code of mine, that controls everything like alt costumes, extra characters, PAL characters, etc., has been added to the end of the MnSlChr files. I need testing done to ensure this method of adding code is stable.

The only changes made to the CSS are the very first four bytes (0x0 - 0x3) and at the end of the vanilla MnSlChr file from 0x3a2849 and onward (so texture offsets are the same). If you want to edit the alt CSS, copy and paste (overwrite) your entire custom file from the beginning, but make sure to leave the first four bytes as 0x003a3bcd.

The only potential bug I've noticed is when I left my Wii sitting on at the CSS for like 15 minutes and it froze.

Please give me feedback.

Last edited:

zz_halim

Smash Apprentice
New test version for the loyals.

20XX 3.02 - New CSS File Replacements.zip
Includes:
Start.dol
MnSlChr.usd
MnSlChr.dat

(you will need to rebuild the ISO)

New code category: Texture Hacks

• Custom CSS
    • Uses an alternative Character Select Screen file when turned to ON.
    • File used when OFF: MnSlChr.usd (default)
    • File used when ON: MnSlChr.dat

The 20XX Alt CSS in the download link is Goxplex's New CSS. Retouched by Ohsm and with the 20XX closed port texture. @Goxplex @Ohsm

The most important change in this update is that the main CSS code of mine, that controls everything like alt costumes, extra characters, PAL characters, etc., has been added to the end of the MnSlChr files. I need testing done to ensure this method of adding code is stable.

The only changes made to the CSS are the very first four bytes (0x0 - 0x3) and at the end of the vanilla MnSlChr file from 0x3a2849 and onward (so texture offsets are the same). If you want to edit the alt CSS, copy and paste (overwrite) your entire custom file from the beginning, but make sure to leave the first four bytes as 0x003a3bcd.

The only potential bug I've noticed is when I left my Wii sitting on at the CSS for like 15 minutes and it froze.

Please give me feedback.
works fine for me.
switching on and off while the game runs also works.
looking forward to the possibilities this may give in the future :)

edit: the altcostume toggles stay untouched when switching which is nice.

edit: game froze when leaving the custom css open long enough

Last edited:

TechMage299

Smash Apprentice
NNID
TechMage299
3DS FC
3497-1921-5527

Wumbology

Smash Rookie
For some reason i cant get the alternate red falcon costume to load the csp changes colors and the alt costume loaded in dolphin the last time i checked but when i start the match it just loads the normal falcon costume. anyone have any advice? i know i followed the instructions correctly

zz_halim

Smash Apprentice
For some reason i cant get the alternate red falcon costume to load the csp changes colors and the alt costume loaded in dolphin the last time i checked but when i start the match it just loads the normal falcon costume. anyone have any advice? i know i followed the instructions correctly
it's a common problem, many people, me included, can't get it to work.
speculation is spreading it has something to do with the device the game loads from.

Last edited:

zz_halim

Smash Apprentice
oh i see thanks alot :D i guess ill just have to wait it out
actually, you don't. if you like the custom texture more than the original red you can just replace the original red costume with the custom one. ;)
http://smashboards.com/threads/official-melee-texture-hack-thread.361190/

@ Achilles1515 Achilles1515
it seems like a dumb idea since it's so simple, but have you ever tried to use another trophy file for the red falcon alt?
maybe you didn't because it always worked for you.

Achilles1515

Smash Master
actually, you don't. if you like the custom texture more than the original red you can just replace the original red costume with the custom one. ;)
http://smashboards.com/threads/official-melee-texture-hack-thread.361190/

@ Achilles1515 Achilles1515
it seems like a dumb idea since it's so simple, but have you ever tried to use another trophy file for the red falcon alt?
maybe you didn't because it always worked for you.
I'm not using a trophy file for red Falcon alt. It is PlCaRe.dat which is the japanese red Falcon costume. It is not as straight forward to use a trophy file instead because of how the game appends the file extensions based on what language it is currently in.

And thanks for testing the new CSS version! I'll need to look to make a few changes. I wonder what is happening in the RAM after it sits for 8+ minutes...

Last edited:

Wumbology

Smash Rookie
also was just wondering how hard itd be to add ledge grab boxes to the sides of the trophy grab stage? it sounds like it might not be possible but i was thinking if it had ledge grab boxes that stage would be pretty legit

zz_halim

Smash Apprentice
I'm not using a trophy file for red Falcon alt. It is PlCaRe.dat which is the japanese red Falcon costume. It is not as straight forward to use a trophy file instead because of how the game appends the file extensions based on what language it is currently in.

And thanks for testing the new CSS version! I'll need to look to make a few changes. I wonder what is happening in the RAM after it sits for 8+ minutes...
Oh okay, i just thought that because you use a trophy file for all the other alts and didn't look carefully enough in the main post.
WHAT THE HECK is going on with Nintendo programming only red Falcon in such a different way.

The normal CSS also freezes btw, but i think you might already know that :D

Achilles1515

Smash Master
Should link my Nintendont guide in the OP. Get this to as many people as you can hype.
Added.
First off I'd like to say thank you achilles for everything you've done. This whole project is amazing.

Secondly, would it be possible to implement an l-cancel everything hack as seen in this video?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JLuFpmoKUVQ

Thanks!
A couple weeks ago I started testing a hack similar to this but more like Turbo Mode from PM. It worked the majority of the time but didn't cancel some special moves. I may look back into it at some point.
That is a simple gecko code where moves can cancel in other moves. It shouldn't be too much to ask for.
How do you know that this is a "simple" code?

The hack is not a cancel on successful hit, but a cancel at will. Because of such, it’s probably not even a feasible thing to apply to actual human play. You would either need to 1) have a button activator to perform the cancel, or 2) manually cancel it by having editable access to the RAM right in front of you. If you have it as a button activator (d-pad command?, something that doesn’t actually make your character execute an action) would be obnoxious to constantly hit, hard to perfectly time, and you would not be able to have access to your joystick while doing so. This is why it is purely a code for TAS and likely why he didn’t make any other videos of the code. If I had to guess, I bet the code is similar to IE’s Action State Hack which is an ASM code hooked into the action state engine that lets you force an action state for a character by plugging the ID into a specific memory address that the game would read next frame. In terms of human fighting, it doesn’t really have an application outside of TAS, other than just manually cancelling things every now and then which...idk…could be fun I guess, but would just be hassle.

Achilles1515

Smash Master
So is there any reason why I should not add this to the hack pack?
Players Can Choose the Same Costume Color for One Character (1.02) [Achilles]
Version ── DOL Offset ────── Hex to Replace ──────────
1.02 ────── 0x25ce2c ──── 4082000c -> 4800000c ────
───────── 0x25a6f4 ───── 4082000c -> 4800000c ────

Roche_CL

Smash Journeyman
Hey guys, i just finished installing this awesome Hack Pack following Beanwolfs tutorials, but I got some problems:

I could load the game, showing the 20xx hack pack logo with the text in the "ssbm press start" screen. It also shows the stages with the border changed.
The thing is I can't use commands, I tried to press Dpad in all directions and mixing with buttons, but nothing happened.

Also I find it rare that the game needed my memory card (I thought the hack pack included the locked chars and stages and that you didn't need a memory card).

Any help is appreciated, I really want to practice using this :D

Achilles1515

Smash Master
Hey guys, i just finished installing this awesome Hack Pack following Beanwolfs tutorials, but I got some problems:

I could load the game, showing the 20xx hack pack logo with the text in the "ssbm press start" screen. It also shows the stages with the border changed.
The thing is I can't use commands, I tried to press Dpad in all directions and mixing with buttons, but nothing happened.

Also I find it rare that the game needed my memory card (I thought the hack pack included the locked chars and stages and that you didn't need a memory card).

Any help is appreciated, I really want to practice using this :D
It sounds like you didn’t replace the DOL file. Just follow the guide for replacing a single file within the ISO on the main post. You don’t need to rebuild the entire 20XX ISO again if all you need to do is replace the DOL. The hacked DOL file is in the file replacements download with the filename Start.dol.

Also, when you made your 20XX ISO, you used the newest 3.02 file replacements, right?
If one could choose regular a regular costume, and another an alt costume for the same color this would even make sense :D
In our dreams.

CeLL

Smash Lord
In our dreams.
So if someone wants to play C9 Fox and the other wants to play blue Fox, what if you made red Fox temporarily load TyFood.dat, and automatically switched them to that color, and made red Fox's CSP the one for C9 Fox?

Just an idea I had, probably wouldn't work/would be waaaaaaay to much work for not enough reward.

Roche_CL

Smash Journeyman
Thx achilles! I had to replace start.dol and make the ISO again, thanks a lot ;)!

Achilles1515

Smash Master
So if someone wants to play C9 Fox and the other wants to play blue Fox, what if you made red Fox temporarily load TyFood.dat, and automatically switched them to that color, and made red Fox's CSP the one for C9 Fox?

Just an idea I had, probably wouldn't work/would be waaaaaaay to much work for not enough reward.
I don’t think this will work. Similar to why you can’t just replace a blue Fox costume over top of a red one. You would need to have a C9 textured PlFxOr.dat to do this. But yeah…a lot of work for not too much benefit.

Goatlink

Smash Apprentice
Has anyone suggested a samus side B spam code yet? It would be good for practicing powershilding her missiles and also a good way to ease newer players into powershilding falcos lasers. Bonus points if you could make it random weather she shoots a super missile or homing missile.

zz_halim

Smash Apprentice
Has anyone suggested a samus side B spam code yet? It would be good for practicing powershilding her missiles and also a good way to ease newer players into powershilding falcos lasers. Bonus points if you could make it random weather she shoots a super missile or homing missile.
You can do this for yourself with the P2 Action Spam toggle. R+L+D-Pad Up. Then, P2 spams the input given 3 seconds after having activated the toggle.

Random tilt or not is not possible with this though

Stride

Smash Ace
North-west England (near Manchester/Liverpool)
I'd like to suggest that the player 2 Falco laser spam code makes the Falco vary the timings and heights of the lasers. As it is now I feel like I've ended up powershielding mainly off of rhythm rather than anticipation/reaction when I've practiced with it, and a similar function is already accomplished by the normal action spam code set to spam neutral B.

Last edited:

Acryte

Smash Ace
Why powershield samus missiles when you can just aerial through them lol. Samus so bad :(

Also 2 things, Achilles:
1) That CSS is hot dude.
2) Why has noone suggested removing the Klap Trap (or his hitboxes) from Japes? That would be so sick.

Last edited:

victinivcreate1

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Wiiu4ssb4
3DS FC
3007-8585-6950
I am struggling trying to get 20XX to work.

I tried to USB Load it using CFG. Didn't work.

DIOS-MIOS lite didn't work.

I've built my ISO properly, I've even downloaded another one and rebuilt that one again. IDK whats up

Top Bottom