• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official The 20XX Melee Training Hack Pack (v5.0.2 - 1/20/2023)

zz_halim

Smash Apprentice
I mean like in CFG, the Melee ISO/20XX ISO didn't show up as a game, and DIOS-MIOS Booster kept saying I didn't have some Lite or regular DM version.
i don't know about cfg loader, but when dios-mios booter complains about you not having dios mios installed, there has to be a problem. :D

if you want to load from sd you need dios mios lite. install it as a wad file via wad manager.
the same goes for loading from usb. you then need "regular" dios mios.
also you need another wad installed called RVL-BC-v6.wad.

victinivcreate1

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Wiiu4ssb4
3DS FC
3007-8585-6950
i don't know about cfg loader, but when dios-mios booter complains about you not having dios mios installed, there has to be a problem. :D

if you want to load from sd you need dios mios lite. install it as a wad file via wad manager.
the same goes for loading from usb. you then need "regular" dios mios.
also you need another wad installed called RVL-BC-v6.wad.
Where would I get the file for DIOS-MIOS lite?

victinivcreate1

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Wiiu4ssb4
3DS FC
3007-8585-6950
Ok bac again still having problems oading 20XX

So when I go into DM Booster it says Dios Mios Lite 2.10 not detected and if i click boot game disc or super smash bros melee iso it just sends me to wii menu.

Here is my SD card files in case its needed. Would screenshot my SD but i forgot how to do that on Mac lol
Sandisk 2GB

Apps: Inside is dios-mios-booster folder, IOS236-v5-Mod, USBLoader_cfg, WAD-Manager_v1.7
DIOSMIOSLITE_v2.10.wad
dm_booster
games
IOS36-64-v3351.wad
usb-loader
WAD-Inside is DIOSMIOSLITE_2.10.wad and DM Booster FOrwarder Dark -DMLF.wad

zz_halim

Smash Apprentice
He said he was booting off USB, so he shouldn't use Dios Mios Lite. Unless I'm missing something...
No, no, you're not missing something and you're probably right, but I'm not really able to make sense out of his posts.
And we've already stated which is required for which device, but he kept talking about dios mios lite. i just uploaded both for good measure

Fenrir

Smash Ace
NNID
FenrirW0lf
3DS FC
3523-2051-9785
Screw confusion.
Use Nintendont.
This. I'd been using Dios Mios for years, but it requires a different version for SD and USB and even the newest versions were somewhat buggy and prone to having boot errors.

Then I decided to try out Nintendont today. Everything works flawlessly and configuring your options and setup is the easiest thing. Just do it man.

Last edited:

GCS Gaming Customs

https://gcsgamingcustoms.storenvy.com
I am using a mac, os x yosemite software. Whenever I open GCR and choose "Image", and choose my file, it says "Not a gamecube image"

I've tried just file name "SSBM", SSBM.iso, SSBM.iso.iso

Nothing works, I keep getting error "Not a Gamecube Image"

What is going on here??

GCS Gaming Customs

with wine it runs fine
Im using wine. I used the method mentioned at the beginning of this thread to setup for macs. I have redownloaded the rom twice now, and it reads type:"ISO Disk Image" under finder.

Wine also doesn't seem to work to check the file, as I tried to use the toolkit to confirm the authenticity of my rom and it froze when I clicked the file.

What the heck is going on?

Last edited:

shuall

Smash Apprentice
Im using wine. I used the method mentioned at the beginning of this thread to setup for macs. I have redownloaded the rom twice now, and it reads type:"ISO Disk Image" under finder.

Wine also doesn't seem to work to check the file, as I tried to use the toolkit to confirm the authenticity of my rom and it froze when I clicked the file.

What the heck is going on?

Could be a bad rip, does the iso play fine on your wii?

Last edited:

Doq

Smash Lord
I haven't tried this... this is the dope roms melee 1.02 rom. Could it be a problem with Wine?
1. Please do not talk about pirating.
2. It may as well be a bad rip. Try using CleanRip with your Melee disc. This will make a good rip 100% of the time.

It is not a problem with Wine. I tried it in Fedora 21.

Last edited:

GCS Gaming Customs

1. Please do not talk about pirating.
Alright, sorry. I didn't realize it was still pirating if you also owned a copy of the game.

2. It may as well be a bad rip. Try using CleanRip with your Melee disc. This will make a good rip 100% of the time.
Achilles sent me the link to the ISO he has put together. It seems to work now. It just seemed highly unlikely that both roms would fail. I don't really know a whole lot about this stuff, so Im definitely not able to accurately make the correct calls all the time.

Thanks for the quick advice/help everyone!

Doq

Smash Lord
Alright, sorry. I didn't realize it was still pirating if you also owned a copy of the game.
It's not pirating to have a backup copy when you have a physical. It is to be talking about/utilizing ROM-sharing sites (the part I underlined) :)

Achilles sent me the link to the ISO he has put together. It seems to work now. It just seemed highly unlikely that both roms would fail. I don't really know a whole lot about this stuff, so Im definitely not able to accurately make the correct calls all the time.

Thanks for the quick advice/help everyone!
:)

Last edited:

GCS Gaming Customs

How am I supposed to find my root file under the confusing wine search version? I go to "my computer" but I can find it under any of the C,D,E... files

zz_halim

Smash Apprentice
How am I supposed to find my root file under the confusing wine search version? I go to "my computer" but I can find it under any of the C,D,E... files
if you mean the root folder, which contains the iso's files, then it's there where you have extracted it. you could theoretically just open a terminal and start a search with
Code:
find / -name "root"
or
Code:
find yourwinedirectory -name "root"
but that would be kinda nerdy :D

Last edited:

Achilles1515

Smash Master
works fine for me.
switching on and off while the game runs also works.
looking forward to the possibilities this may give in the future :)

edit: the altcostume toggles stay untouched when switching which is nice.

edit: game froze when leaving the custom css open long enough
I changed the way in which the custom code is branched to and the freezing problem seems to be fixed now, which is fantastic news. Thanks again for testing this.

Sebovich

Smash Apprentice
The PAL-characters are an extremely welcome addition, the 20XX Hack Pack is run on 2 out of 4 machines at our weeklies! Later on, it will run on 3 out of 5. Keep it coming, you´re helping me build a smash army! :D
Do you plan on adding support for PAL Samus (two samus mains in my group) and PAL Ganon (for myself) anytime soon? :)
Keep up the good work!

zz_halim

Smash Apprentice
PAL Ganon would be very nice. F-Air requires different spacing afaik.

So i tried nintendont, but I don't get a video signal. I have to force PAL60, which doesn't work unfortunately. BUT If i leave the video option on "auto", i get a black and white video signal which leaves me unable to tell if Blue PS works lmao :D:D:D

Sickolas

Smash Apprentice
PAL Ganon would be very nice. F-Air requires different spacing afaik.

So i tried nintendont, but I don't get a video signal. I have to force PAL60, which doesn't work unfortunately. BUT If i leave the video option on "auto", i get a black and white video signal which leaves me unable to tell if Blue PS works lmao :D:D:D
Fair doesn't require different spacing. It's just nerfed. A lot. PAL ganon is really bad.

Achilles1515

Smash Master
The PAL-characters are an extremely welcome addition, the 20XX Hack Pack is run on 2 out of 4 machines at our weeklies! Later on, it will run on 3 out of 5. Keep it coming, you´re helping me build a smash army! :D
Do you plan on adding support for PAL Samus (two samus mains in my group) and PAL Ganon (for myself) anytime soon? :)
Keep up the good work!
Is there anything really different for PAL Samus? These are the version differences from the thread I linked in the main post.
Code:
Properties:
Weighs 110 (All NTSC & PAL)
Abilities:
Can use Extended Grapple Beam (All NTSC)
Can bomb jump out of grapple beam (All NTSC)
Moveset:
It seems like both of those things you would need to intentionally do, which you just naturally wouldn't if you were used to PAL.

Doq

Smash Lord
NTSC games are very finicky in Europe, as the converse is true as well. Try forcing NTSC instead.

Steelia

Smash Champion
That addition of more palettes per char is the best. Are there any guides floating around that describe the process on how to do that? Would love to give more colors to ones that don't currently have any extras, like Doc and Mewtwo.

noft

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
1345-3004-6632
This is actually pretty cool. You should leave it in the game for lols. haha

Oh yea in case u were wondering how to do this.. Throw the character a few frames before u catch the boomerang. If u catch the boomerang as link is kicking the victim, it will stick to the foot. If u miss the window it will crash ur game so u will have to reset the console entirely.

Doq

Smash Lord
That addition of more palettes per char is the best. Are there any guides floating around that describe the process on how to do that? Would love to give more colors to ones that don't currently have any extras, like Doc and Mewtwo.
Not much, but it should be enough to get what you want.
Main base code http://smashboards.com/threads/the-...s-new-debug-menu.351221/page-39#post-17309927
And read these series of posts
http://smashboards.com/threads/the-...s-new-debug-menu.351221/page-43#post-17447950
Hope it helps.

Achilles1515

Smash Master
No, there is not a guide. It's just a whole lot of custom ASM I wrote that changes the "to be loaded" costume file name. It’s pure ASM instructions so it’s not coded in a user friendly way. I was previously limited by available space for custom code but I think I have solved that issue for the time being. Next time I get a big chunk of free time, I may work on just powering through the rest of the characters.

But there's a **** ton of other important stuff to do as well. I started working on Player Flags recently (setting up the Debug Menu to display the options in a creative way) but it seems that whenever I get in the groove, rolling with the code, it somehow provides the perfect time for my girlfriend to talk to me for three hours about politics. So it’s been a slow process as of recent, but things are getting done.

I see the to-do list right now as being:

Player flags
A few other new debug menu options/toggles while I’m in the debug menu modifying mood.
Couple more PAL characters
More Alt Costumes
SD Remix (hopefully I’m not running out of replaceable trophy/Japanese files at this point…)
Possibly modify a few event matches (been thinking about this a lot recently)

(at this point, theres so much cool stuff in the hack pack that people can find something new to do with it every time they boot it up)

!!! REWRITE P2 ACTION TOGGLES / START MAKING SOME CPU AI (huge project)

But this is just a theoretical list. It’s doubtful that it will actually be in that order, but that’s my general thought at the moment.

As always, I’ll never stop researching hacks. If I come up with a crazy idea and a way to test it or a way to find some memory address of interest, then I’ll just do it immediately because I’m sporadic like that. But because of this constant curiosity, I feel like I know how to do a lot of cool stuff and this is how I develop new/better ways of doing things.

For example, I’m just now realizing that I can probably write a code to make all CPUs tech and L-cancel (I’m 100% sure I can make them always l-cancel). And yeah….those would be fantastic codes. So I’m probably just going to do that in the next couple of days if it turns out to not be too complicated.

The future is bright.

And btw Steelia, with my experimentation of event matches recently, I tried out the HQ Giga-Bowser and it is super awesome and definitely going in the pack! What are your thoughts about all the new texture hacking tools available that make texture hacking MUCH easier than in the past (Melee Toolkit & DRGN’s new stuff)? Do you plan on making any new textures outside of the HQ ones? All your work is top tier.

Oh yea in case u were wondering how to do this.. Throw the character a few frames before u catch the boomerang. If u catch the boomerang as link is kicking the victim, it will stick to the foot. If u miss the window it will crash ur game so u will have to reset the console entirely.
Glitch tech skill is new meta.

Fair doesn't require different spacing. It's just nerfed. A lot. PAL ganon is really bad.
Ganon:
Code:
Properties:
Weighs 109 (All NTSC & PAL)
Abilities:
Moveset:
Down Aerial does 22% (All NTSC)
Down Aerial does 21% (PAL)
Forward Aerial's Base Knockback is 60 (All NTSC)
Forward Aerial's Base Knockback is 40 (PAL)
Neutral Aerial hits frames 7-8, then 16-17 (1.0 NTSC)
Neutral Aerial hits frames 7-8, then 20-21 (1.1, 1.2 NTSC & PAL)
Up B has a throw speed dependent on the opponent's weight
Fair base knockback of 1/3 less is r.u.f.f. rough.

Last edited:

Sebovich

Smash Apprentice
Is there anything really different for PAL Samus? These are the version differences from the thread I linked in the main post.
Code:
Properties:
Weighs 110 (All NTSC & PAL)
Abilities:
Can use Extended Grapple Beam (All NTSC)
Can bomb jump out of grapple beam (All NTSC)
Moveset:
It seems like both of those things you would need to intentionally do, which you just naturally wouldn't if you were used to PAL.
Oh really? Wow, I must´ve been drunk or something. I was positive that there were more differences to Samus than that! Like a totally different weight etc. Thanks for clearing that up, now 20XX got even better! :D

Steelia

Smash Champion
*snipped for space*~

And btw Steelia, with my experimentation of event matches recently, I tried out the HQ Giga-Bowser and it is super awesome and definitely going in the pack! What are your thoughts about all the new texture hacking tools available that make texture hacking MUCH easier than in the past (Melee Toolkit & DRGN’s new stuff)? Do you plan on making any new textures outside of the HQ ones? All your work is top tier.
I'd noticed in earlier posts how you mentioned making costumes for more/all characters would use up too much code, but good to hear there may be a solution to that. And I figured it all wasn't user-friendly, but I was definitely curious on how it all worked :)

The main reason I ask is that I'd really enjoy making more alt colors for characters in the HQ project whom have spaces available (for people who may want to want extra recolors that don't go over team battle-oriented alts). So yeah, I'm very interested in making more costumes in the future. *Maybe* nothing too extreme like all the crazy stuff in the past, but we'll see.

As far as tools making hacking easier . . . I actually didn't know about any of them! Even now, I've been doing it the semi-manual way, using things like tpl_insert and ripping everything via Dolphin in OpenGL for TGA formats. Old habits die hard :p I'll have to check these programs...

Achilles1515

Smash Master
I'd noticed in earlier posts how you mentioned making costumes for more/all characters would use up too much code, but good to hear there may be a solution to that. And I figured it all wasn't user-friendly, but I was definitely curious on how it all worked :)

The main reason I ask is that I'd really enjoy making more alt colors for characters in the HQ project whom have spaces available (for people who may want to want extra recolors that don't go over team battle-oriented alts). So yeah, I'm very interested in making more costumes in the future. *Maybe* nothing too extreme like all the crazy stuff in the past, but we'll see.

As far as tools making hacking easier . . . I actually didn't know about any of them! Even now, I've been doing it the semi-manual way, using things like tpl_insert and ripping everything via Dolphin in OpenGL for TGA formats. Old habits die hard :p I'll have to check these programs...
Word. Start with this. But some textures are missed in the program.

DRGN's programs are more flexible and provide conversion from PNG-to-TPL and vice versa, TPL --> DAT overwriting (using your Placement files!), drag-and-drop functionality, batch overwriting, and more.

Last edited:

SuperUltraDX

Smash Rookie
I have a suggestion to maybe reduce the "bugginess" stigma around 20XX. If any menu items are broken because of custom code (I believe trophies crashes the game?), just direct those items to the Debug Menu or something. People in my area can be real babies about it when more than one person is trying to flip through the menus, and they end up crashing the game.

"QQ I just wanna play! 20XX so buggy QQ! Where's normal Melee?!"

Annoys me to no end :p

Last edited:

Achilles1515

Smash Master
I have a suggestion to maybe reduce the "bugginess" stigma around 20XX. If any menu items are broken because of custom code (I believe trophies crashes the game?), just direct those items to the Debug Menu or something. People in my area can be real babies about it when more than one person is trying to flip through the menus, and they end up crashing the game.

"QQ I just wanna play! 20XX so buggy QQ! Where's normal Melee?!"

Annoys me to no end :p
I got you.

Trophy Gallery/Lottery/Collection Screens Never Load (1.02) [Achilles]
Version ── DOL Offset ────── Hex to Replace ──────────
1.02 ────── 0x229ffc ──── 4bf77745 -> 60000000 ────
───────── 0x22a018 ──── 4bf77729 -> 60000000 ────
───────── 0x22a034 ──── 4bf7770d -> 60000000 ────

It will be in the next update. Those are the offsets if you want to change it on your current ISO.

Last edited:
Top Bottom