• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

TGP Halloween Triple Smash!//10-25-08//Scranton PA GARUNTEED PRIZES

Plairnkk

Smash Legend
gonna try to find a ride up... u guys sure u can payout those guaranteed prizes? how the hell are u gonna make any money from this? =(

zachyjcosta

Smash Apprentice
gonna try to find a ride up... u guys sure u can payout those guaranteed prizes? how the hell are u gonna make any money from this? =(
Well i think personally at this point it's about the fun of it and trying to get many people down to enjoy the experience...rather less than trying to earn money from event. Guaranteed prizes may give many people an incentive to participate.

Plairnkk

Smash Legend
very true, ive just been to tournaments where guaranteed prizes didnt get paid out (granted, those prizes were guaranteed MUCh higher :p) not doubting you guys, im just saying i dont wanna see u guys get hit.

it should be fun either way, do u guys need setups?

_umbra_

Smash Champion
they definetely do need setups Plairnkk, if u could bring 1 or 2 it would be really appreciated.

PLEASE BRING THE CAMERA!!! For the love of Bob Saget, bring your camera!!! We need to get some footage of the last TGP tourney.
No, they have enough tvs, don't they? They will need cubes/wiis/64s and games.

As for the cameras, please bring them whoever has one lol

zachyjcosta

Smash Apprentice
No, they have enough tvs, don't they? They will need cubes/wiis/64s and games.

As for the cameras, please bring them whoever has one lol
well Kite91 is coming with me, he's gonna try and get a recorder but can't make any promises...Hello Umbra, you're the peach player that AJ(kite91) told me about, i'm looking forward to vs you on the 25th. Hope to get in a good match against you and possibly see you in the tournament.

_umbra_

Smash Champion
Yeah, we should definitely play for a while. Kite told me you're really good lol. Looking forward to it :)

Kite91

Mada Mada Dane
I hope to get a charger but the camera only has a 2gb memory stick so lets hope its enough and its a digital camera not a video camera so lets hope quality is good

zachyjcosta

Smash Apprentice
Yeah, we should definitely play for a while. Kite told me you're really good lol. Looking forward to it :)

Yes, Kite would be correct in that assessment. I'm not in any position to brag considering the large number of professional gamers melee in a whole has to offer.

However, so you can get an idea where I stand, My marth goes back and forth with Javi's fox and marth.

hey if you have aol you can reach me anytime, my aol sn is:

zachyjcosta

ttyl Umbra ^.^/

zachyjcosta

Smash Apprentice
I hope to get a charger but the camera only has a 2gb memory stick so lets hope its enough and its a digital camera not a video camera so lets hope quality is good

Oh yeah AJ that reminds me. I have a 2GB memory card with the adapter. so chances are it'll work with your cam-corder. You would definitely use it to record my matches, that should work good right?

_umbra_

Smash Champion
I doubt I'll be able to stay overnight, it really depends on how i'm getting there in the first place. If kruton and az go, I'm assuming we'll be going home that night. My parents might pick me up and have me stay home for the weekend though, so if I have money/a ride home in the morning I will stay. I'll probably end up deciding the day of lol

Kite91

Mada Mada Dane
ok and for cres lol well ima join with my friend if u dont mind this way we can play u guys lol just wanna know whos in ur lineup of the ppl coming

_umbra_

Smash Champion
not sure about the crew lineups, we'll probably decide when we all get there. Melee will probably be some combination of me, javi, pav, devl, prodigy, powerdolphin, kadiev, etc. Brawl will probably be like me, pav, prodigy, kadiev, kruton, melon, etc. Honestly, it depends on who shows up.

_umbra_

Smash Champion
idk what other crews will be there... and those videos were on dave's camera, which hasn't worked right since we took those videos. :( I'll ask him if he can bring it, but don't expect him to unless a miracle happens and it works again lol

zachyjcosta

Smash Apprentice
not sure about the crew lineups, we'll probably decide when we all get there. Melee will probably be some combination of me, javi, pav, devl, prodigy, powerdolphin, kadiev, etc. Brawl will probably be like me, pav, prodigy, kadiev, kruton, melon, etc. Honestly, it depends on who shows up.
Ok i like count 7 ppl named off there....gotta throw 2 out...and if Kadiev and Justin both come i'll be somewhat surprised considering Kadiev said he wasn't coming. Hopefully, he does. *fingers & toes crosses*

Who is powerdolphin, i've never heard of him?

Well hey look on your crew you've got a really good falco and marth player...sounds a little like my crew (S.T.A.R.S.) This should be interesting.

Oh and what's your crew name Umbra?

Are Crew name is S.T.A.R.S based off of the game franchise Resident Evil, but for us it's:

Synchronized Tyranny And Ruination Squadron

GOTM

Smash Champion
Also, any crews coming to this, Teched Out Enterprises wants to crew battle! Anyone interested?
you guys should do draft crews instead, they are like the most fun thing ever.

also, i really doubt i can come still but i mean it does sound kinda fun and i dont think im doing anything else that weekend, so if someone is driving from philly ill prob try and tag along

_umbra_

Smash Champion
yeah, we'll probably end up doing draft crews if there's time. I haven't done those forever lol

Ok i like count 7 ppl named off there....gotta throw 2 out...and if Kadiev and Justin both come i'll be somewhat surprised considering Kadiev said he wasn't coming. Hopefully, he does. *fingers & toes crosses*

Who is powerdolphin, i've never heard of him?

Well hey look on your crew you've got a really good falco and marth player...sounds a little like my crew (S.T.A.R.S.) This should be interesting.

Oh and what's your crew name Umbra?

Are Crew name is S.T.A.R.S based off of the game franchise Resident Evil, but for us it's:

Synchronized Tyranny And Ruination Squadron
we really don't have a set lineup now, since most of us just got back into melee. We don't know how we stand against eachother to well yet (or at least I don't because I'm so far away) It's probably going to be some combination of the people I listed, I only put 7 because I don't know who to take out right now.

Yeah, I doubt kadiev and justin are coming, but we're still hopeful lol. If they did come they would be in the lineup. :)

Powerdolphin is devl's brother, he's a really good peach.

our crew name is teched out enterprises.

zachyjcosta

Smash Apprentice
yeah, we'll probably end up doing draft crews if there's time. I haven't done those forever lol

we really don't have a set lineup now, since most of us just got back into melee. We don't know how we stand against eachother to well yet (or at least I don't because I'm so far away) It's probably going to be some combination of the people I listed, I only put 7 because I don't know who to take out right now.

Yeah, I doubt kadiev and justin are coming, but we're still hopeful lol. If they did come they would be in the lineup. :)

Powerdolphin is devl's brother, he's a really good peach.

our crew name is teched out enterprises.
Devl's bro? you mean Luke? I think i remember him, but im not sure. Sorry but what is draft crew, i've never heard of that before?

All-in-all looks like alot of good locals are gonna be at this one. Should be good!

zachyjcosta

Smash Apprentice
Originally Posted by _umbra_ View Post
Also, any crews coming to this, Teched Out Enterprises wants to crew battle! Anyone interested?
Well you can guarantee that S.T.A.R.S. will be up for that challenge, i'm going to bring my GC and MELEE so we can set it up at our own station. Best do it that way so there's no need to share another persons GC.

Also, we can try out this draft crew, How does this work?

_umbra_

Smash Champion
draft crews are when we get a bunch of us together, pick 2 crew leaders, have them take turns picking people, and do a crew battle. It's a pretty good time.

Yeah, that's luke. Who all is in your crew? Crew battles should be fun :)

zachyjcosta

Smash Apprentice
draft crews are when we get a bunch of us together, pick 2 crew leaders, have them take turns picking people, and do a crew battle. It's a pretty good time.

Yeah, that's luke. Who all is in your crew? Crew battles should be fun :)
well that's fun, the way draft works out. My crew consist of 4 members, 5th spot is always tentative:

1) Leader - Myself - Zachary J Costa (Marth) *I Have no Tourney alias anymore*

2) Sephy (Matt Englert) - (Fox/Falco/Marth)

3) Kite (AJ Ferraro) - (Fox/Falco)

4) FI$T (Santino Costa) - (Shiek/Mario) *That's my little brother*

5) This spot is usually Tentative depending on who comes with us or who backs out.

Kruton

Smash Ace
I am most likely going to this. If Jesse won't want to go up to it, I'll probably take a bus.

~Nasty~

Smash Lord
You can count me and my crew in. You's probably never heard of me but me and my parnter went to the last TGP tourney back in Aug and took second place.. to pav and javi of course (d*mn them) haha. but we are coming from penn state and we're looking forward to a good tourney. Unfortunately, my partner wont' be there but i think i found a suitable substitute. So yeah, count me in with a total of 6 ppl (including myself).

zachyjcosta

Smash Apprentice
You can count me and my crew in. You's probably never heard of me but me and my parnter went to the last TGP tourney back in Aug and took second place.. to pav and javi of course (d*mn them) haha. but we are coming from penn state and we're looking forward to a good tourney. Unfortunately, my partner wont' be there but i think i found a suitable substitute. So yeah, count me in with a total of 6 ppl (including myself).
That's great to hear! Good to see more players are coming as the days go by, Are you and your crew more melee or brawl? You should definitely play with our Crew too that day, my Crew is staying overnight for the lockin. S.T.A.R.S. (Synchronized Tyranny And Ruination Squadron)

zachyjcosta

Smash Apprentice
i actually might be able to come
Hi Chibo, i'll be there for this event so perhaps we can spar sometime, i'm coming to ANMC too since the 1st event is 15 min from my house, it is that place in fair lawn, NJ correct? I just wanna make sure that's right so i dont end up missing it.

~Nasty~

Smash Lord
Umbra will you be there? and zach we are more brawl but we do have a few good melee ppl. Some of us will be playing in all the tourney's whereas others are just playing in a few. what will S.T.A.R.S. be playing in? are yous more melee or brawl?

TGPAdmin

Smash Ace
Looks like this will have a great turnout, I am glad to hear that! We are going to have lots of games and stuff for sale from the old store, while we are transitioning to the new concept.

thanks

Nick

Top Bottom