• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

TGP Halloween Triple Smash!//10-25-08//Scranton PA GARUNTEED PRIZES

TGPAdmin

Smash Ace
Hello Everyone,

I am happy to announce Halloween Triple Smash

The Date is going to be Oct 25th, more info to come

The Torunament will take place on
@ThatGamingPlace
1608 North Main Ave Scranton PA 18508

TGP Rules

Double Elimination
All matches are best 2 out of 3, finals are best 3 out of 5
3 stock, 8 minute limit
Ties broken by lives/percentage
Items OFF
Life stealing is allowed in doubles
Team attack is ON in doubles
Anti-exploit Rule- If a character is released from a grab (not thrown) and then grabbed again, it will be seen as the exploitation of a glitch and you will lose the current match( this is to combat the Ness\Lucas Glitch and does not effect chain grabbing)

Random Stages: These will be on random.
Battlefield
Final Destination
Smashville
Brawl Yoshi's Island

Counterpicks available:
Luigi's Mansion
Delfino Plaza
Norfair (Teams Only)
Lylat Cruise
Halberd
Castle Siege
Corneria
Rainbow Cruise
Green Greens (Teams Only)
Brinstar
Frigate Orpheon
Pokemon Stadium
Electro Plankton
pirate ship

All other stages are BANNED.

(Each Set is Best of 3, except winners and losers finals are best of 5)(3 stock, 8mins)
{
The first map is choosen at random

at the start of match 2 the loser of match one chooses the stage, then the winner of match on chooses a character to use, then the loser of match one chooses a character.
}

Each player may ban one stage per set

** Rules are subject to change up till 1 day before the event **

Cost
__________________________________________________ _________________
$5 venue fee ( Covers free play on non tournament TV's, and access to lan center resources)-Requried

Remaining Prize Pool = (Prize Pool - Garunteed Money)
__________________________________________________ _________________
Schedule of Events (we will have two areas set up so some events will be running concurrently)

Noon - 1:00- Registration

1:00- Brawl Teams- $10/team

2:00- Smash 64 Singles-$5/person(Garunteed $50)
1st- $30 + %60 of Remaining Prize Pool
2nd- $20 + %30 of Remaining Prize Pool
3rd- %10 of Remaining Prize Pool

3:00 SSB Melee Singels- $10/person(Garunteed $150)As Per Wife's Request!
1st- $100 + %60 of Remaining Prize Pool
2nd- $40 + %30 of Remaining Prize Pool
3rd- $10 +%10 of Remaining Prize Pool

4:00 Brawl Singles - $15/person(Pool to seading if over 32 entrants) ($250 Garunteed)
1st- $150 + %55 of Remaining Prize Pool
2nd- $75 + %30of Remaining Prize Pool
3rd- $25+%10 of Remaining Prize Pool
4th- %5 of Remaining Prize Pool

7:00 Melee teams- $10/team
1st-%60 of prize pool
2nd-%30 of prize pool
3rd-%10 of prize pool

9:00 Brawl Costume Contest- Free if you come dressed as a character from Brawl
Entrants can only play as the character they come dressed as.
The format will be 4 player FFA's with some Items turned on for Haloween!
$20 Prize for the winner

This event should be alot of fun, We are in the process of adding a new section to our store that gives us more console space, and has some pool table and such that will be able to be used while waiting for matching, which will be ready for this event.

Hope to see lot of people there!

Nick

TGPAdmin

Smash Ace
??? this is a one day event, everything will be on Sat Either the 18th,25th or Nov 1st. Didn't post a final date yet cause I am trying to get a feel of what works best for everyone

Wife

Smash Lord
just a heads up there is a real big mw melee tournament on the 18th of october or something. So don't take that weekend.

Max Ketchum

Collegiate Starleague Smash Director
Hmm...it's only an hour and 10 minutes from Rhyme's place. Depending on his work schedule and willingness to drive (which is almost always a yes), we might be here. I'm fairly sure all three of those dates work just fine for us.

TGPAdmin

Smash Ace
Hello everyone,

We have plenty of TVs for this, but we would apprciate if people could bring any of the follow

Wii & Brawl
GC & Melee
N64 and Smash

Thanks

Nick

missedwithtruestrike

Smash Journeyman
hey guys, i need a ride, i live in washington (warren county) if someone is going through or can swing by it would much appreciated also, i should be able to give some gas money. ill give all the details if someones willing to help me out. thanx!

edit: i would also need a ride back

D

Deleted member

I'll look into this.

I would highly advise against banning grab releases. Or if you do, at least also ban DDD's infinite CG or other infinites/stalls.

I can help you enforce this if you want, since I know and recognize all of them.

edit:
electro plankton/hanenbow is -extremely- banned.

TGPAdmin

Smash Ace
Mow We miss you!!!!! Come back to us :)

I will talk to the guys about this, and then talk to you on aim about making those changes

Voidious

Smash Apprentice
It'd be kinda nice to see the rules / stage list updated to be based off the SBR recommended rule list. Any chance of that happening? My main issues are with Norfair and Yoshi's Island (Melee) stages being banned.

Pk_Starstorm11

Smash Cadet
^i'll go but you should make an entry fee, not many people are going to want to drive out there for maybe money in the pool.

I kind of dont get where the prize pool forms? like if I go oh heres $20 for that and someone else can go here is $5 for the prize pool that is the prize pool? Why not just make it like $25 to enter instead of $15 and that will be all the money.

Also you have Brawl Teams at 1pm and the next thing starting an hour later. I don't think that will be enough time to complete a whole section. With just 25 people a 1 on 1 Brawl best of 3 tourney would take a lot longer than an hour.

im not trying to say im right lol im just asking the questions of how this will work really.

either way I can make it, just got to hear a date so I can take off of work. me and a friend will def be heading down. keep us updated :)

I can most likly bring a N64 and Smash Brothers 64 to even though I wouldn't take part in that part of the tourny.

D

Deleted member

I should be able to pick justin up if he has no ride.

nick, I'll pay entry fee to boost your pot and then help run the tournament if that works for you. I'm not very good at Brawl, and playing would be a waste of time.

TGPAdmin

Smash Ace
^i'll go but you should make an entry fee, not many people are going to want to drive out there for maybe money in the pool.

I kind of dont get where the prize pool forms? like if I go oh heres $20 for that and someone else can go here is $5 for the prize pool that is the prize pool? Why not just make it like $25 to enter instead of $15 and that will be all the money.

Also you have Brawl Teams at 1pm and the next thing starting an hour later. I don't think that will be enough time to complete a whole section. With just 25 people a 1 on 1 Brawl best of 3 tourney would take a lot longer than an hour.

im not trying to say im right lol im just asking the questions of how this will work really.

either way I can make it, just got to hear a date so I can take off of work. me and a friend will def be heading down. keep us updated :)

I can most likly bring a N64 and Smash Brothers 64 to even though I wouldn't take part in that part of the tourny.

OK let me try and see if I can answer you , The date is Sat Oct 25

The prize pool is the( Number of Entrants X the entry fee of the tournament)

The garunteed money is just the ammount we would def pay even if the prize pool didn't make it that high, so pretty much we are saying even if you show up and there are 8 people for singles you would still win at least the garunteed money.

So for example say there was 40 people for singles the prize pool would be $600
Remaining prize pool( 600- 250) $350
Payout would be:
1st- $150 + %55 of Remaining Prize Pool($192)= $342
2nd- $75 + %30of Remaining Prize Pool($105)= $180
3rd- $25+%10 of Remaining Prize Pool($35) = $60
4th- %5 of Remaining Prize Pool =($17)\

As for timing we are going to have two different section of the store broken apart we will have the main area with the featured tournament and then we will have another area with around 6 setups that will be used for free play or a second tournament if two are going on at the same time. We have done this before, it will be fine. PLUS we have MOW!!!!!!!

I hope that clears it up for you.

Thanks

Nick

D

Deleted member

I do not recall ditching anyone at all? Not only do I not remember this event, but leaving someone I respect behind and not covering for them completely isn't even my style. I actually give other people **** for this sort of thing.

Explain yourself?

edit: after talking with the other 2 guys I went with, both of them told me that justin distinctly said that he had a ride home and not to worry about him. They both said this without talking to each other, so that's a double verification. I also think justin is quite aware that I would get him a ride home somehow, via taking him, buying a cab, taxi, etc. I don't ditch people.

ContageMK

Smash Rookie
How many people plan on doing Team battles for Brawl?? Thinking about doing both doubles and singles.

TGPAdmin

Smash Ace
Mow are you going to enter the 64 tournament? Please say yes I wanna get some popcorn ready to watch some of those matches.

Nick

Top Bottom