• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Texas Tech/Lubbock Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

BOBA

Smash Journeyman
me and matt got 2nd in teams

we decided to just do one set, and they won it

stupid falco suiciding :*(

AHH! That is the same reason you lost the last match of the set we played, well somehow someone needs to take Ryan out in singles and I can't trust myself to be able to do that... Or Matt because he always plays worse towards the end of tournaments and Andrew plays marth and it seems Ryan is good against marth, why don't you play singles Sint? I think I need practice vs fastfallers soon.

...Stupid bird...

Sintenal

Ostin
BRoomer
singles arent fun, besides Ryan plays CF and I cant beat CF :/

i dont even really play smash anymore really, only on the day of these tournies, too much TF2 to play ;x

felix45

Smash Lord
Street Fighter IV will be better then Brawl by the way Matt, right?
pfft whatever smash is where it is at. SF got nothing on smash 64!

also I got 2nd whoooooooo
I also can say I beat ryan in one of our tourney matches, it was 2-1!

corneria kicks ***! I was playing the best I ever have last tourney no doubt. minus the suicides >.>

but yeah good games everyone I had a good time. looking forward to the next tourney or smashfest, whichever comes first.

also I was a bit drunk last night when we were playing smash so if I made anyone feel bad or gave you a bad impression I'll just say that I dont constantly act like a complete ****** when I'm sober.

man though when I bring my N64 up we are going to have to have a TGL tourney or something with mario kart, ssb 64, or starfox 64. something on the N64. I'm sure if we did tech announce and had a N64 tourney with some game (it would have to be free but yea) I bet a ton of people would show. it could be great fun. I just gotta bring up my N64 after thanksgiving.

oh and andrew I took the controller sorry. also i need to get my memory card still so next time we play I'll bring your controler and you bring my memory card.

BOBA

Smash Journeyman
singles arent fun, besides Ryan plays CF and I cant beat CF :/

i dont even really play smash anymore really, only on the day of these tournies, too much TF2 to play ;x
Yeah singles can be boring to me unless I am not fighting a fastfaller, lightweight characters are fun whether I am winning or not.

But Ryan probably wouldn't go falcon on your falco, there is no way his falcon can beat a falco unless you are really that bad vs falcon, Roy can beat a good falco but I can't expect another falcon to be that good.:psycho: Ehh so I guess it is up to Matt, Andrew, Felix or I to win a TGL this season. Although count me out of that if they are not on Satudays... BTW 2d fighting games rule, I just suck at them.:ohwell:

felix45

Smash Lord
Okay, so you got the extra controller right Felix, meaning you should have 3 at your place right? Do you always take our beer and alcohol?
lol not my fault thomas put up the offer for free alcohol :p

yeah I got 3, my controlers have little dots on the D pad so I can tell they are mine. the one that doesn't is yours.

edit: boba you sure ryan isn't coming on saturdays?

BOBA

Smash Journeyman
Psh, nevermind he emailed me, he was just lying to be an ******* I guess. -_-' I guess I will be going to upcoming TGLs if they are on Saturday, still would be funner if Sint and Crono played but oh well.

I am going to own Ryan so hard! Or you do it... either way is fine, just kill him.:lick:

EDIT: Btw Matt, when is the next TGL?

Sintenal

Ostin
BRoomer
sorry but ive lost my competitive spirit for melee ;x

and thats all i see 1v1s as, not entertaining for me, seem more like work

now teams and FFAs, jolly good fun :D

BOBA

Smash Journeyman
I agree with Felix, teams is more work, you have to worry about 2 people plus saving your teammate, and you can't do alot of the gay stuff you can on singles. Singles is alot less pressure on you, because you can do whatever you want and nobody will get in the way or try to save them. Teams is always harder for me, unless you are teaming with Roy, you just grab someone and wait till he comes and knees them out of your grab, easy easy. ;)

Sintenal

Ostin
BRoomer
dont think you guys mean by work ;x

by work i mean, "i have to do it"

teams/FFAs I have always enjoyed

meh idk, 1v1s require more thought imo, you dont have a partner to help you out with someone

felix45

Smash Lord
if 2v2 was easier for me I'd be able to do all the same stuff that I can do in 1v1 in 2v2.

guess it is a matter of opinion but I really have trouble concentrating in 2v2. add doesn't help with all that crap going on lol :p

Vitamin X

Smash Journeyman
I was told that TechAnnounce is available to anyone. If so, I'm going to try it. But I need to know the exact date and time for the next tournament, as well as the location (same place?)

samusedaway

Smash Journeyman
Really? I though only student orgs could use it. Well if you get through, the next tournament is Nov. 10th, same place, same time, no entry though.

BOBA

Smash Journeyman
No prizes? Man, I choose to come at the wrong times.:psycho: But I can always find other ways to make 2 bucks. See you guys there hopefully. I will not be using sheik but another character I have been training. So I expect get first or last. O_o

Yum_Cha

Smash Apprentice
Had fun on Wednesday night, we had some low-mid tier fun. Gannon is one crazy mofo, but still fun as hell. We should do more CF vs Gannon, lol. Also, Green Green and Coneria are gay because they require no mindgames right?

I should be availabe anytime Friday, and in the evening Saturday. I don't know about Saturday night though.

BOBA

Smash Journeyman
if it is a new char. you should expect last.

I do, but we will see if it goes down that way.:cool: I have a crapload of experience with this character, but I just never trained him... Match ups and everything, practicing alone is hard though. Roy told me to practice alot of things in my head.

What is so wrong with last place btw?:p

felix45

Smash Lord
@andrew - I'm up for smash tommorow or sat. so if you wanna play IM me or call me or something.

@boba - I'm going to guess you play CF. nothing wrong w/ last in a tourney w/ no entry.

Sintenal

Ostin
BRoomer
last place means you suck obv :p

better be bowser, and you should not worry about getting last, cause he is awesome. plus there are plenty of bad people at these tournies ;x. I mean i comboed a fox 0-death with DK. and I dont play DK :p

Vitamin X

Smash Journeyman
@andrew - I'm up for smash tommorow or sat. so if you wanna play IM me or call me or something.

@boba - I'm going to guess you play CF. nothing wrong w/ last in a tourney w/ no entry.
If you decide to meet, don't forget to inform me. Unless you really hate boomerangs and bombs that much.

Prime Time

Smash Apprentice
Hey guys, I saw your posting on Tech Announcement...sadly a week late...I jsut transfered here...lookign to meet some new people to smash with...i am going to go buy smash bros and two gc controllers tomorrow...i need to start unlocking characters...unless someone is nice enought ot transfer the memory for me...let me know! i jsut bought a wii...so i got nothing

Raider Power!

Prime Time

Smash Apprentice
also...if anyone is down to smash tonight...let me know...i have no class...i live in gates tho...and car is parked by the rec... yeah....

BOBA

Smash Journeyman
last place means you suck obv :p

better be bowser, and you should not worry about getting last, cause he is awesome. plus there are plenty of bad people at these tournies ;x. I mean i comboed a fox 0-death with DK. and I dont play DK :p

My personal belief is that he is the best character in the game... I will definately be going Bowser this tourney, at least on some people I don't know. And your peach in a friendly maybe? Also Matt! :lick: Kinda glad there is no prize, I won't be competitive... Though I will definately try my hardest on Ryan and Felix since I have never taken a set from either, and they will both be in the singles tournament probably. ;)

Sintenal

Ostin
BRoomer
pffft like I would play peach against bowser, he always kidnaps her, obviously he is a counter to peach

felix45

Smash Lord
edit: smashfest at Jake's 5:30 today.

He lives in the Ulofts and his room is 5102, tell the people downstairs that you are going to see jake in room 5102.

if you dont know where ulofts are call my cell at 817-734-3680

ima IM/call all the people that i know what to play but if you want to play call me or just show up at 5:30. hope a bunch of people come.

Sintenal

Ostin
BRoomer
haha pmatt play smash you are funny kid

that kid doesnt play smash, he jsut likes watching people play for god knows why

BOBA

Smash Journeyman
PMatt plays in friendly matches and at peoples houses, though it does seem he likes to watch more than play... PMatt are you going to the next tournament? :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom