• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Texas Tech/Lubbock Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

felix45

Smash Lord
yeah apparently that was for 3rd & 4th place, not 2nd & 3rd heh.

and may I also say that toadies are badass! I pray for shade and rain, I pray to live again! :p

also I have no idea what I'm doing in doubles anymore. I'm fine w/ being your partner but during the last tourney adam and I decided we'd just team so i wouldnt have to go looking for a partner every tourney from now on. I dont want to just say no now that I said I would be his partner so yeah....sorry :(

Yum_Cha

Smash Apprentice
Had fun at the tournament, I know we had 44 people for the teams tournament, but what was the exact number for singles? I think that was the biggest turnout yet, it was so bad it started stinking. Thanks to Austin for all his advice on Marth.

Good times at IHOP, talking in the parking lot for hours on end while people almost running over us. Everyone should order the breakfast sampler and Ryan you should watch Naruto even though it's really stupid at times.

Sintenal

Ostin
BRoomer
no one should watch naruto, if you are gonna watch an anime, watch Gurren Lagann

and you're welcome, utilt is too good :)

felix45

Smash Lord
salt jutsu go!

I'll pass on naruto though. I always thought anime fights were cool but pretty much every anime ever has storys that dont interest me so I kinda dont watch any anime at all. I havent since like...4 years ago.
edit: just as an example I really like the matrix, great story and action. I also like the animatrix. so yea

yeah utilt is a *****. utilt is good really with most characters, people just neglect it though because they will accidently jump when trying it because they dont know how to use it.

samusedaway

Smash Journeyman
I believe there were 21 people for singles or something like that. Also Naruto is not my favorite anime. Gurren Lagann has taken that place since the beginning of summer

felix45

Smash Lord
yeah I think it was 22 because I remember saying same amt. of singles players and doubles teams or something like that.

also andrew and I are playing tomorrow at his place after 4 sometime for anyone who wants to come message me on AIM @felix45 or andrew @ coolguydrew04

samusedaway

Smash Journeyman
TGL=Tech Gaming League. i.e. the people who run this stuff. Technically I'm not really an officer. I just run the smash tournaments cause the other guys don't know how. The next tournament is the 19th, so hopefully we'll have the same amount of people. More TVs and cubes would be nice though.

Nice to hear from you Roy. I've heard big things about you recently. Grats on beating Caveman. We actually did an entry fee last time too, and we still got 40 people. It was pretty ridiculous.

Sintenal

Ostin
BRoomer
interesting, always thought smash people would complain more ;x

gogo smash w00t

also, co op mode LOLZ

felix45

Smash Lord
just so you guys know, the registration on tech gaming is fked up. you have your links all messed up on there, I had to edit the url so I could register rofl

samusedaway

Smash Journeyman
Yeah...the guy that usually does all the website stuff is really slacking this year. He also used to help me run the brackets at the tournament, but he hasn't even done that .....yet.

Anyway don't worry about registering. We just used that back when we didn't know if we could get even 3 TVs to play on so we were capping the tournaments. Looks like this year we have enough, so no worries.

BOBA

Smash Journeyman
You get more than 3 tvs everytime now? How many do you usually get?

BOBA

Smash Journeyman
Wow, you are the man Andrew!

Haha, oh I will try my best this next time fo sho Felix. :psycho: Although last couple of times it hasn't worked out, even when I thought it was a sure thing. This time I will most likely be there, unless I am sick or something... Or if Sintenal or someone starts intimidating me alot. jk But now that there are prizes through 4th, who cares if I don't like getting 3 stocked. $ is good, and better than giftcards, even if its like 5 bucks. =D And now that more people are showing I bet even without the prizes it would be super fun.

felix45

Smash Lord
yeah prizes arent even the good part lol. I mean, maybe if you get first with a crazy amount of people like last time your net profit is still only like 10-15 dollars. 4th place pretty much just gets a refund.

but yeah dollar entry tourneys not so much about the money.

edit: smash today at 6pm rob's place

me, rob, adam, possibly andrew will be there.
edit 2: and possibly fmatt too.

Yum_Cha

Smash Apprentice
We usually game at Robby's place on Wednesday if people want to come. I hold it at my place, with my 52" but people are always playing Halo 3 on it and it kind of sucks. Robby's place is the most convenient and everyone is close to it. So if people want directions hit me on AIM: CoolGuyDrew04 (zero four).

I don't know how long I can stay tomorrow, or at all because I got a test Thursday over Intro to Design.

BOBA

Smash Journeyman
Is there any chance you guys are gonna hold another TGL on a saturday like you did for finals last season? I know it was a special occasion, but you should try your best to hold one on a saturday again, cause there would be a better chance I would be able to go. It has been harder now on fridays... Especially since Serg doesn't come anymore. :(

samusedaway

Smash Journeyman
I'm actually thinking about changing the dates to saturdays because a lot of people have told me that would be better for them and since we're using the C/Wells building we can use it on saturday.

BOBA

Smash Journeyman
Awesome, try it Matt... I will easily be able to attend most all of them if they are on saturday. :grin:

felix45

Smash Lord
oh ok. well what is tv/cube count as of now? what should i bring? also again and like always if you people want my TV I'm going to need a ride.

samusedaway

Smash Journeyman
so far the count is the usual including yours which is like 4. I got Chase to put out a TA again with our need of TVs and cubes so hopefully we'll get a few more this time. If no one else can give you a ride I will.

Sintenal

Ostin
BRoomer
fighters have been going down hill forever, last good one was Clayfighter 2 ;)

omg tourny today, should be good times

Sintenal

Ostin
BRoomer
yes ryan won i think..., no one showed up this time so meh

wasnt fun like the last tourny, but o well

Yum_Cha

Smash Apprentice
20 people/10 teams. Singles was around 9 or so people??? Ryan and Juilius actually got 1st place on teams, I think they came back from loser's bracket. Chase and Dave got 2nd, Felix45 and VitaminX got 3rd.

For singles, Ryan (JRA64) got first, Felix45 got 2nd, I got 3rd? Tournament wasn't that great, little people, Robby missed out, I missed teams b/c of HW :urg:. I played pretty badly, beginning of my day was horrible, afterwards at my place was a blast though.

Did anyone take an extra controller? My apt. seemed to be missing one black GC controller.

Sintenal

Ostin
BRoomer
me and matt got 2nd in teams

we decided to just do one set, and they won it

stupid falco suiciding :*(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom