• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Texas Tech/Lubbock Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

samusedaway

Smash Journeyman
Ok, so I'll be keeping this thread updated for all the stuff going on in the Lubbock area or at Texas Tech. Just give me a heads up if you are planning anything and I'll post it up here. I personally will post whenever there are Tech Gaming League tournaments, which are usually once a month about 3 or 4 weeks apart.

There's a smash training session in the Carpenter Wells main building work out room upstairs. It will start around 7 for those interested in learning advanced techniques or just looking for a critique on their game play.

There is a TGL tournament next Friday (Oct 19th) in the Carpenter Wells main building work out room upstairs (next to Murray Hall right off of Flint on campus). The tournaments starts at 6 pm and this tournament will have a $1 entry. Please remember to bring your own controller at the least. That being said, the TGL needs volunteers to bring TVs and cubes (or Wiis if you so desire). On their own, I believe, they have one TV and one cube, which just so happen to be mine. Post here if you can bring something**.

Prize split: 50/30/15/5 all the way out to 4th as a little extra incentive

Tournament Type(s):

1v1 (double elimination)
2v2 (double elimination) they usually do these first

Tournament Rules: MLG Rules (PM me if you really don’t know)

TVs and Cubes: 2 TV(s) and 3 cube/Wii(s)

Samusedaway: 1 TV and 1 Cube
Sintenal: 1 Cube
felix45: 1 TV and 1 Wii

Remember the more setups that are volunteered, the more free play we can have going! Hope to see everyone there! I think we’re in for a great semester.

**: If you do bring something, please don’t be a poor sport if you lose early on and leave with your equipment. It slows the tournament and makes things worse for everyone else. In the case that you have to leave after the teams tournament or something, contact me and give me advanced notice. Thanks!

Sintenal

Ostin
BRoomer
sounds like fun :O

lets see if we can lose a set in teams this year :)

BOBA

Smash Journeyman
Hey guys, i won't be there like i said, there is a chance Ryan is going though... Maybe. = )

samusedaway

Smash Journeyman
If you just need a ride Shawn we may have someone who could give you a ride coming from Plainview (talk to me on AIM), otherwise sorry you won't be there.

BOBA

Smash Journeyman
Crono, tell your friend about me and see if he is ever interested in playing in Plainview... :grin:

felix45

Smash Lord
sup

I'm in Lubbock at Tech. I'll be there :)

what with no car here I'm only willing to at most bring my copy of smash.

I could bring either TV and/or wii but I'll need a ride or something. I'm in Coleman Hall so yeah.

also I'm willing to team up with anyone so yeah. anyways I'll see you all there friday.

felix45

Smash Lord
fine by me. I'll bring my Wii and TV then. I also have to bring my VCR though because the TV is old, no red/white/yellow input on it so yeah, I'll probably need help carrying it all down if you dont mind helping me w/ it.

yeah freshman and all.

samusedaway

Smash Journeyman
As long as we can take the elevator that's fine but if I carry the TV, you gotta get everything else. PM me your number so I can call you when I get there, or post it if you don't really care. I mean there are probably only like 7 people that actually look at this thread.

BOBA

Smash Journeyman
You know more people would probably come to these if you, the guy who runs it, weren't such a boring person... Because you bleed boring all over the things your involved in, i'm suprised fighting you is not anymore boring than it is.

Make it fun and make more people want to go, play musical chairs or something. Its that or prizes my friend, and its not like you HAVE to have an entry fee for that, the prize could be to let the winner punch you in the face once or something. Be creative and MAKE SACRIFICES MATT... selfish. jk
:p:p:p

Yum_Cha

Smash Apprentice
You know more people would probably come to these if you, the guy who runs it, weren't such a boring person... Because you bleed boring all over the things your involved in, i'm suprised fighting you is not anymore boring than it is.

Make it fun and make more people want to go, play musical chairs or something. Its that or prizes my friend, and its not like you HAVE to have an entry fee for that, the prize could be to let the winner punch you in the face once or something. Be creative and MAKE SACRIFICES MATT... selfish. jk
:p:p:p
Make sacrifices to go so you and Serg can lost to Robby and I. j/k Prizes or none, people who lose usually just don't come back unless you guys are offering free pizzas and drinks, even then I doubt people will keep consistently coming back. Not much you can really do about it. I've told everyone I know that would consider going already.

I didn't know you went to Tech Ryan. It's all about those style points!

Sintenal

Ostin
BRoomer
matt plays samus, he is forced to be boring

add that with his over lack of personality you are not left with much :p

i mean i could him but that would require effort on my part and that is simply just too much work

besides i like having a partner that just lives forever, makes stealing lives much easier

BOBA

Smash Journeyman
I hate that, he never dies on teams until somewhere past 130% or so if he has a half decent teamate, i try needling his bombs then his partner (you) comes and hits me in the back or makes me defend myself or kills me, which you usually do since your peach owns me... your team makes me sick!!!

Bravo!:grin:

Sintenal

Ostin
BRoomer
peach/samus its too silly of a team, both never die :) but neither can kill :(

idk maybe in brawl peach will have some kill moves or maybe matt will try the other characters in the game besides samus(or zamus :p)

DoH

meleeitonme.tumblr.com
I keep trying to tell matt that but he always is like "DoH I want your babies and team with meeeeeee"

BOBA

Smash Journeyman
Peach has Dsmash though, its not as bad as it use to be since i down cc it anymore but i still hate it. Sheik CAN live a long time but i usually don't on teams, but at least using a crossdresser makes me cool. If i ever fight your team again, i will probably go marth, fox or falcon... but probably marth since your char has bad reach and crono has trouble with marth.;) In singles one of my best match ups now is peach with sheik, so hopefully you will have to go falco on me all the time Sint.

With that said, to all peach players and both of you... i still hate you. :p

BOBA

Smash Journeyman
Details on TGL please...:grin:

Did Ryan go? Did Andrew win the tourney... If Ryan went, anybody beat him? Cmonnnn

Sintenal

Ostin
BRoomer
teams went

1. Me and Matt
2. Ryan and Julius

and i left after teams since 1v1s are boring :p

BOBA

Smash Journeyman
So you didn't fight Ryan 1v1?! Then who got my revenge, please tell me one of you did!

BTW congrats on winning 2v2... BIGGG suprise...:p How close was it?

Sintenal

Ostin
BRoomer
me and matt didnt lose a match the whole tournament

so idk if you would call that close or not

felix45

Smash Lord
I need a better partner than matt's roommate next time!

good games everyone. I've decided from now on I'm only using fox & sheik. maybe Luigi against peach, who knows. but I'm not using marth ever again except friendlys thats for sure.

If anyone wants to smash whenever my # is on the other page so just call me or message me on here and I'll probably be available, most of my classes are easy so I finish my work really fast.

Yum_Cha

Smash Apprentice
So you didn't fight Ryan 1v1?! Then who got my revenge, please tell me one of you did!

BTW congrats on winning 2v2... BIGGG suprise...:p How close was it?
Ryan brother Julius isn't the best, so yeah. When I was at this house, it was about half and half. Plus he can only play Shiek so the 2v2 was given. Ryan won with Shiek and came back from losers bracket, I'm assuming he lost to Crono when he was falco.

Highlight of the tournament was when I phantom hit Matt with a tipper and he knew he should have been dead on YS, because it is a great Marth stage right?

BOBA

Smash Journeyman
Ryan brother Julius isn't the best, so yeah. When I was at this house, it was about half and half. Plus he can only play Shiek so the 2v2 was given. Ryan won with Shiek and came back from losers bracket, I'm assuming he lost to Crono when he was falco.

Highlight of the tournament was when I phantom hit Matt with a tipper and he knew he should have been dead on YS, because it is a great Marth stage right?

PSHHH, all these Sheik player wannabes.:p

jk BTW did you lose that match because of the phantom hit? That would suck.

BOBA

Smash Journeyman
Hey Matt, i may be able to bring a gamecube... Yet there is a possibility i won't be able to stay for singles, and maybe i will, won't know until it happens?

But most likely i will be able to stay for both. = ) Put me down for one gamecube.

btw how did that training session thing go?

samusedaway

Smash Journeyman
Ok, so we're in desperate need of TVs for Friday. All I can say is, since we rely on volunteers, the more TVs we have the faster the tournaments will go and the more free play TVs we can have available.

Also, if you're coming don't forget to bring a dollar for each tournament you want to enter.

BOBA

Smash Journeyman
Me coming to this isn't a sure thing anymore, so my gamecube isn't a sure thing... If i get to come for sure i will bring it though. I guess i will get back to you on AIM the day before or something.

felix45

Smash Lord
ok I can bring a TV this friday but again if I bring the TV I need a ride so yeah. if I dont have a ride I can just bring my Wii on my bike.

also, if anyone wants to smash call my cell (its on first page). Andrew and I will be playing tomorrow afternoon in my dorm after he gets done w/ class which is around 4.

hope to see people Friday :)

edit: or you could just IM me at felix45 on aim. either works.

edit2: I NEED DOUBLES PARTNER WHO ISN'T MATT'S ROOMATE ANYONE WILL DO!! call me or IM me if you want to be my doubles partner.

Sintenal

Ostin
BRoomer
guess ill bring a cube again, might stay for 1v1s im not sure

depends if im entertained or not :p

BOBA

Smash Journeyman
Sorry I couldn't make it, no ride again... will try again next time. = (

...How did the tournament go? Details!

Sintenal

Ostin
BRoomer
teams

1. Me and Fmatt
2. Ryan and Julius

1v1s

1. Ryan
2. Andrew

a lot of fun ^_^

BOBA

Smash Journeyman
Andrew got second? ...Cool! Did you and Matt play in singles?

Sintenal

Ostin
BRoomer
no we did not

we actually got little over 30 people and we had a limited number of TVs so we decided to step out

Cloak and Dagger

Smash Journeyman
ok I can bring a TV this friday but again if I bring the TV I need a ride so yeah. if I dont have a ride I can just bring my Wii on my bike.

also, if anyone wants to smash call my cell (its on first page). Andrew and I will be playing tomorrow afternoon in my dorm after he gets done w/ class which is around 4.

hope to see people Friday :)

edit: or you could just IM me at felix45 on aim. either works.

edit2: I NEED DOUBLES PARTNER WHO ISN'T MATT'S ROOMATE ANYONE WILL DO!! call me or IM me if you want to be my doubles partner.
Hey I never have a team partner. Im jake the dude that used shiek, so if you ever need a partner let me know. I thought I got 3rd in singles?

Well I did have a partner, but he was like 8 years old or something.
*our strategy, fountain of dreams with him spamming foxes up b for lag, then I ate everyone else*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom