• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Tekken Mafia | Now with the real endgame flavour.... Who won?

#HBC | ѕoup

The world is not beautiful, therefore it is.
Ditzy tracking me actually makes no sense since he had a town-read on me yesterDay due to me defending his butt from a lynch yesterDay and nearly all of my posts when people are like "Why don't you wanna lynch ditzy?" I defended him and this is what I get? Gosh, don't I feel like I got the short end of the stick.

Also Swiss is a man of keeping those loyal to him who he could use later on in the game as allies.
This post is also horrible, you're trying to discredit JDietz on what he's done and not looking at the big picture of what he got. You really think scum is gonna stick their neck out like this so early on? They just happened to peg the doctor? You are smarter than this and you jumping to this conclusion is terribly scummy.

#HBC | ѕoup

Kary, I am not just "claiming" doctor because of the fact that Ditzy "claimed" guilty on me. I know he is lying or something ****'d up his "investigation" because this is utter bull.

I'm Wang Jinrei if it makes any consolation whatsoever.

Also why in the hell would I try claiming Vig? I'm the doc. Swiss wanted protection D1/D2 because of the fact that he couldn't protect himself.
Swiss wanting protection meant nothing at all, Swiss would want protection as town regardless of his role. Are you talking about the instance where Kuz+Swiss debated about mechanics and who should hammer and whatnot? Show me what is so telling about Swiss crumbing doctor there or trying to make him clarify that he wanted protection, there is nothing truly there that says Swiss was playing in a way that he wanted protection. Swiss was just playing as Swiss.

#HBC | Red Ryu

Red Fox Warrior
NNID
RedRyu_Smash
3DS FC
0344-9312-3352
I don't think I've ever seen scum, mafia, purposely not kill to send a WIFOM bomb on the cast.

I Want the doc to out themselves if J is lying.

If not that is something to think about.

:phone:

Dooms

KY/KP Joey
NNID
Doomsyplusle
3DS FC
2921-9568-4629
The hell are you asking for, Ryu?

Look at the situation. Unless you believe that J is more likely to be telling the truth than Jdietz, then I would suggest you not asking for a doc claim. It really makes you look bad and if J flips scum you're probably good as dead based on this and your play the previous two days.

#HBC | ѕoup

All J is doing is using the NK as a reason to believe his doc claim, something else happened that was out of his power.

#HBC | ѕoup

If J was actually doctor he would have not immediately outed himself like that without a purpose, he is a doctor and there is no reason to do so if he felt JDietz was lying. He could have just pushed on JDietz but instead waved a completely unbelievable doc claim out of his *** in hopes that it would save him, I do not think that scum has some sort of re-director and the unlikability of scum correctly pinning JDietz to redirect to the doctor is both a reach and illogical. We either have a mastermind scum-team or J is lying through his teeth.

#HBC | Red Ryu

Red Fox Warrior
NNID
RedRyu_Smash
3DS FC
0344-9312-3352
I love how Rag is implying there aren't scum roles that would gleefully suicide like this, like how Ryker and Raziek got Bardull lynched with the intent of suiciding the next day in Gigabots.

I want a CC if he is lying. If he is we lynch and if not we reread and consider both options. I do think people are writing off J too fast and we got the hammer ability if someone else is the doc.

#HBC | ѕoup

You're fishing for the impossible and not looking at the point, it makes you both ******** and scummy.

Dooms

KY/KP Joey
NNID
Doomsyplusle
3DS FC
2921-9568-4629
-_-.

We're not getting a CC.

Doc don't CC no matter what. It's pointless if you do. You're not a lynch target today, and J will probably get lynched anyways. You will only be screwing the town over if you do.

Going after Ryu tomorrow if J flips scum.

#HBC | Red Ryu

Red Fox Warrior
NNID
RedRyu_Smash
3DS FC
0344-9312-3352
-_-.

We're not getting a CC.

Doc don't CC no matter what. It's pointless if you do. You're not a lynch target today, and J will probably get lynched anyways. You will only be screwing the town over if you do.

Going after Ryu tomorrow if J flips scum.

So if J is the doctor.

Your ok with the risks of lynching him and going right of Deitz if he lied, despite him possibly being a scum role that can make this highly advantageous for this.

Working on reread atm.

Dooms

KY/KP Joey
NNID
Doomsyplusle
3DS FC
2921-9568-4629
With how much I believe Dietz compared to J at this point, yes.

I've been here for the whole discussion with their two roles, and J's seems completely BS'd, while Jdietz seems WAY more reasonable and understandable.

Dooms

KY/KP Joey
NNID
Doomsyplusle
3DS FC
2921-9568-4629
You're kidding right?

I'm going to let Dietz answer, but god damn -_-.

Oh, I can answer the second post. He doesn't know who he tried to kill. He has two options in his role, and he chose to use the one that tells him what ability J has instead of who he targeted, since he chose the later one with Adumb.

That's what I recall.

#HBC | Red Ryu

Red Fox Warrior
NNID
RedRyu_Smash
3DS FC
0344-9312-3352
I still ask why not claim this either way.

I don't understand why he wouldn't claim knowing someone used a night kill using the night.

Jdietz43

BRoomer
BRoomer
I don't think I've ever seen scum, mafia, purposely not kill to send a WIFOM bomb on the cast.

I love how Rag is implying there aren't scum roles that would gleefully suicide like this, like how Ryker and Raziek got Bardull lynched with the intent of suiciding the next day in Gigabots.

I want a CC if he is lying. If he is we lynch and if not we reread and consider both options. I do think people are writing off J too fast and we got the hammer ability if someone else is the doc.

That's a terrible idea RR. You can only become champion once, we'd be losing a doc and only be able to keep them alive one time for no reason.

Funny, Deitz had an effective guilty, claiming he saw him attempt a night kill. Yet didn't claim this.

I'm fishing for an answer to this.
You mean, except for the part where I did and everyone knows about it because I brought it up?

Then why did he not claim J visited a dead body right away?

@Deitz: Answer this.
There's no dead body Ryu, are you even reading the thread.

Meant who he tried to kill, if he didn't then why wait at all and not claim it right away?
It's a follow, I don't get to know that. Read the thread.

I still ask why not claim this either way.

I don't understand why he wouldn't claim knowing someone used a night kill using the night.
Once again, except for when I did, after voting him point blank at the start of the day. You're being dense Ryu, seeing someone has a kill isn't a gaurentee of scum over vig, and screaming "YO GUYS I SAW HE HAS A KILL" at the top of my lungs would just make him claim vig. Seeing someone have a kill putting pressure on them and then having them claim doc is definitive. This interaction makes perfect sense and you're being transparently scummy not accepting it and asking these questions that will go nowhere.

Kataefi

*smoke machine*
VOTE COUNT:

[3] Red Ruy: Dark Horse / Jdietz43 / Pink Lemonade
[3] J: Kary / -Masquerain- / Яagnarock
[2] Jdietz43: Fynal / J
[1] Kary: Nabe

[0] -Masquerain-
[0] Яagnarock
[0] Dark Horse
[0] Krystedez
[0] DtJ Glyphmoney
[0] Nabe
[0] WashedLaundry
[0] Pink Lemonade
[0] Fynal

[4] Not Voting: Krystedez / DtJ Glyphmoney / WashedLaundry / Red Ruy

With 13 alive, it takes 8 to lynch!
Deadline set for Wednesday 11th July, Midnight GMT.
__

WashedLaundry has been prodded!

Declared V/LAs

• Pink Lemonade [until today]

Pink Lemonade

Smash Rookie
Why town lean?
I already addressed this yesterDay:

"I can understand Glyph's tactics and I do see town motivation to try and elicit a reaction from "scum reads"; I also think that the way that he laid out his case shows that even if he is tunnelling a bit on RR, he is scumhunting and looking at actions AND motives to try and get a read on the slot."

Glyph stated that his reads were bare D1 because he wanted to elicit reactions from people, and since then he has pursued you based on your reaction. I believe that his intent was genuinely to see how people responded and that he has been scumhunting in his case against you, and thus I see him having town intent. Personally, I feel like until Glyph called you out you were flying under the radar and that you would have been perfectly content to continue doing so. And now that you've been drawn into conflict, you've given reads but you feel very disconnected and not invested in them, I don't see you pushing hard for anything except away from Glyph's case.

@DH: If you guys want to give me invincibility that would be grand.

Glyph I'm not sure why you aren't on RR, Kary get back on RR, J get on RR it's him or you (bus your partner quick). You too Nabe.

*slaps **** down on table*
This bolded part I really like because I think it's a nice little hint at Jdeitz's results before he claimed. I also think that it makes sense for JDeitz to push RR, he had a clear result on J, and if he would have been able to get hammer immunity, he could have pursued another scumread while knowing he could go after J toMorrow.

Bull**** you got a guilty on me.

Unvote
Vote: Ditzy

I am the doc and stopped the NK last night. You are full-claiming this very instant.
This (minus the doc claim) is exactly how I reacted to a guilty result on me in D.Gray mafia. The anger/denial, the claim, and then making the accuser come across as clearly scummy.

First of all, there is no way that even if you are doc you would be able to say for sure that you stopped the nk last night -_- You can assume you did, but just because you claimed doc and there wasn't a nk doesn't mean you are just off the hook for the guilty result on you.

Also, you don't even consider any other option than that JDeitz is scum. You immediately crossvote him and ensure that the lynch toDay comes down to you v. JDeitz. If you were town and knew you were innocent, why not consider other possibilities or try to rationalize how a guilty result came up on you? Instead you immediately claim which wasn't necessary and call JDeitz scum. There's no reason for you to claim like that if you were really the doc, and you don't state any motivation for Jdeitz scum to claim that he is a tracker with a guilty on you, instead you just call him scummy as retaliation. This shows that you are just worried about self-preservation and not trying to figure out the truth or consider all the options such as a redirector like you would as town.

There is A LOT more motivation for scum J to claim doc (other than survival, there's also trying to get JDeitz lynched and trying to get a cc from the real doc if they exist) than there is for JDietz to claim tracker and a guilty on J as scum.

Someone try to explain to me the No NK last night then.

Someone explain to me no Counter-claims yet.

I am not freaking dying as the doc, when I have a clear in my pocket.

Why do you think I was also wanting the hammer on Adumb yesterDay? Grah. ~.~
1) You know that there are more reasons for there to be no nk than a doc, J. Especially in a large game like this, there could be any number of prs/bps/indies that could affect or stop the nk other than the doc.

2) First of all, I think Glyph already said this, but with the hammer immunity mechanism, there's no guarantee there even is a doc. Secondly, even if there is a doc, why in the hell would they claim? They would know that you are lying about your role and that ccing is exactly what scum wants -_-

3) You did mention hammering yesterDay, but I also remember you were all for Joey hammering and didn't put up a fight for the hammer at all. If you were really doc, why wouldn't you have pressed it harder, especially knowing that your slot could have been an nk target even if you weren't a pr?

If there is a doc they absolutely should NOT claim, there is no good that could come from it.

If there is a doc and they would cc, we would lynch J which is probably going to happen anyways, but then there are also two prs out in the open and only one could possibly get nk immunity, so you are forcing the doc to either sacrifice him or herself or you are forcing them to let JDeitz out to die. J's reaction to JDeitz's result and his claim are scummy, we don't need a doc cc. It's scummy for you to be pushing for a cc when what it would mostly do is hurt town and out another pr.

Explain why you think people are writing of J too fast, what about his claim/reaction to JDeitz's results make you believe him? Also do you think that one of Jdeitz/J has to be scum?

Unvote
Vote: J

#HBC | Red Ryu

Red Fox Warrior
NNID
RedRyu_Smash
3DS FC
0344-9312-3352
Once again, except for when I did, after voting him point blank at the start of the day. You're being dense Ryu, seeing someone has a kill isn't a gaurentee of scum over vig, and screaming "YO GUYS I SAW HE HAS A KILL" at the top of my lungs would just make him claim vig. Seeing someone have a kill putting pressure on them and then having them claim doc is definitive. This interaction makes perfect sense and you're being transparently scummy not accepting it and asking these questions that will go nowhere.
Vote: J

Adumb's stupidity will be revenged (yes, revenged, not avenged)

How do people feel about claims today?
I don't wanna lynch a potential doc to be lynched, I'm reading for intent and which of you is more likely.

Yes I don't like the mass jump on J. The reason I ask for a CC is to guarantee a scum lynch along the road. I did the same thing in Celebrity Rehab and I stand by that is how you approach this.

I don't care what the claim is, if someone is that role CC him to guarantee a lynch on scum down the road. I don't care for the role at all.

#HBC | Red Ryu

Red Fox Warrior
NNID
RedRyu_Smash
3DS FC
0344-9312-3352
If there is a doc they absolutely should NOT claim, there is no good that could come from it.

If there is a doc and they would cc, we would lynch J which is probably going to happen anyways, but then there are also two prs out in the open and only one could possibly get nk immunity, so you are forcing the doc to either sacrifice him or herself or you are forcing them to let JDeitz out to die. J's reaction to JDeitz's result and his claim are scummy, we don't need a doc cc. It's scummy for you to be pushing for a cc when what it would mostly do is hurt town and out another pr.
Did it force a scum lynch?

If yes they did there job and that is something I would always do to force a scummy to die.

#HBC | Red Ryu

Red Fox Warrior
NNID
RedRyu_Smash
3DS FC
0344-9312-3352
I read both over the course of last night.

This (minus the doc claim) is exactly how I reacted to a guilty result on me in D.Gray mafia. The anger/denial, the claim, and then making the accuser come across as clearly scummy.

First of all, there is no way that even if you are doc you would be able to say for sure that you stopped the nk last night -_- You can assume you did, but just because you claimed doc and there wasn't a nk doesn't mean you are just off the hook for the guilty result on you.

Also, you don't even consider any other option than that JDeitz is scum. You immediately crossvote him and ensure that the lynch toDay comes down to you v. JDeitz. If you were town and knew you were innocent, why not consider other possibilities or try to rationalize how a guilty result came up on you? Instead you immediately claim which wasn't necessary and call JDeitz scum. There's no reason for you to claim like that if you were really the doc, and you don't state any motivation for Jdeitz scum to claim that he is a tracker with a guilty on you, instead you just call him scummy as retaliation. This shows that you are just worried about self-preservation and not trying to figure out the truth or consider all the options such as a redirector like you would as town.

There is A LOT more motivation for scum J to claim doc (other than survival, there's also trying to get JDeitz lynched and trying to get a cc from the real doc if they exist) than there is for JDietz to claim tracker and a guilty on J as scum.
The bolded is the first time I read something I can get behind and see a reason to go J over Deitz.

Me and Raz were cops in a mafia game at one point where I claimed my N1 guilty and he CC'd me thinking I wasn't the cop. I didn't call him scum right away though, I read his posts and reaction to see if he was telling the truth. Did he believe his claim and if he was another cop what do I do with him.

It turns out we were both cops and we both worked on reading each other to learn we weren't scum on either side.

J hasn't done that.

Either has Deitz but he got a cop guilty and even then I wouldn't expect it. J though I know has enough experience to see something like this and look for his accusers actions and intent.

J is where we should go, but we need to decide on someone to hammer.

Dooms

KY/KP Joey
NNID
Doomsyplusle
3DS FC
2921-9568-4629
NO ONE VOTE J UNTIL DIETZ IS ONLINE.

J could self-hammer if he's scum, yes?

Wait until Dietz is online and posting before someone puts J at L-1.

#HBC | J

Prince of DGamesia
I'm not going to self-hammer.

-.-

I hate being V/LA at a time like this but I'm at a gas station now before I go back to driving for another 4 hours so this is all I can do.

Go town.

#HBC | J

Prince of DGamesia
Holy ffff Kansas. It takes so dag on long to post I'm not even gonna try anymore.

If someone could do me a favor and post VLA for me till tomorrow id be very appreciative.

Pink Lemonade

Smash Rookie
Did it force a scum lynch?

If yes they did there job and that is something I would always do to force a scummy to die.
I understand that if there is a cc, it would securely place J as scum and ensure a scum lynch, but like I said it also puts two prs out in the open. I guess it comes down to risk/reward analysis, but I don't like J's reaction/claim at all while I like JDeitz's claim and his approach to his results enough to go J toDay without asking for a cc and outing a doc if there is one.

Fynal

Smash Journeyman
unvote

(my vote was on dietz from before, not on J)

i'll go for a J lynch over dietz. The biggest difference I see between dietz and J is that dietz acts exactly like i would expect a townie of his role to act, waiting with his claim so J can't claim vig, dropping the hint about adumb, and so on. J, on the other hand, outs himself as doc rather early, and doesn't even consider the TvT situation where something got redirected.

I'm also ready to accept, on J scum flip, that my scumdietz read was just...wrong. I don't really know what else we're waiting for, but i'll L-1 J when dietz is ready so dietz can get the hammer.

Top Bottom