• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Taunt discussion! Now with Full Taunt Tier List!

Olikus

Smash Champion
I have the worst self control and I hate losing. Every time I'm in some sort of competition I tell myself at the start that I'm not going to john, I'm going to take my loss like a gentleman, I'm not going to break ****, but I get consumed by rage as soon as I lose and either get really pissy and start randomly trying to hurt people in whatever way I can or just completely lose it and break some equipment/scream at someone. It's quite distasteful, and I really wish I knew a way to stop.
battlecow showing new sides. Never doubted you were a bad loser. but novarager? didnt believe that. probably your bad swede genes.

Battlecow

Play to Win
lol prolly

I mean, I always apologize afterwards, and sometimes I can even contain myself, but it's just... not easy. I have bad genes that way; it's why I don't drink (I got drunk once and the cops had to be called).

Anyways I promise not to go ape**** when we play this may (you haven't forgot, have you? Oslo vs. Champaign. It's happening.)

Olikus

Smash Champion
lol prolly

I mean, I always apologize afterwards, and sometimes I can even contain myself, but it's just... not easy. I have bad genes that way; it's why I don't drink (I got drunk once and the cops had to be called).

Anyways I promise not to go ape**** when we play this may (you haven't forgot, have you? Oslo vs. Champaign. It's happening.)
If we could manage to meet up that would be really cool(even if I now is a bit concern about my health after playing you). I havent played online much since september, so be able to play some offline smash would be dope. At least since the big euro tourney is in july already.

The Star King

Smash Hero
I used to be like that. It was only until middle school that I stopped. I'm not sure what happened so I can't really give good advice, so I'll just say don't give up on containing yourself.

kys

Smash Ace
Perspective helps. Once you realize that there are a bajillion people in the world better than you at nearly everything, it's easier not to get upset. So that even if you are successful and win a tournament or a competition, what you've won is small-time. Gotta keep that male ego in check. Going through college helps big time.

asianaussie

Smash Hero
Perspective helps. Once you realize that there are a bajillion people in the world better than you at nearly everything, it's easier not to get upset. So that even if you are successful and win a tournament or a competition, what you've won is small-time. Gotta keep that male ego in check. Going through college helps big time.
this man right here is what we call a mature human being

The Star King

Smash Hero
I doubt that's useful advice because it's not like Battlecow doesn't know that

Like people used to always tell me, "it's just a game so you shouldn't get maed". I know that, bro >_>. I couldn't help it anyways.

More useful than what I said though :troll:

ballin4life

Smash Hero
what does college have to do with the rest of your post?

kys

Smash Ace
Because NOOBS, college gives you one of the best big-picture views of life you'll ever have. Thought you were good at math all your life? College will fix that. Thought starting and getting all-conference in basketball your senior year was a big deal? Prepare to be middle-of-the-road in INTRAMURALS.

It's humbling. And then you multiply your experience by all the colleges that exist, and it's even more humbling. That's the whole point. It's human nature to get mad when we lose because we're selfish little *******s at heart, every single one of us. A strong dose of humility goes a long way in fixing that. Plus raging is obnoxious and will lose you friends and respect.

Edit: DK has the best taunt. It's slightly annoying and the hands in the air with the head shake remind me of Michael Jordan

B Link

Smash Lord
Well, I agree that college has helped me see that I suck compared to others. It hasn't helped me become less arrogant though (in fact, I think that college actually provides an environment for some people's egos to grow).

Kirby's taunt is S tier - HAIIIII

ballin4life

Smash Hero
Because NOOBS, college gives you one of the best big-picture views of life you'll ever have. Thought you were good at math all your life? College will fix that. Thought starting and getting all-conference in basketball your senior year was a big deal? Prepare to be middle-of-the-road in INTRAMURALS.
tbh college convinced me that i was really good at math when i saw how bad everyone else was. i'm a math major though. there are some super crazy math majors though i guess.

It's humbling. And then you multiply your experience by all the colleges that exist, and it's even more humbling. That's the whole point. It's human nature to get mad when we lose because we're selfish little *******s at heart, every single one of us. A strong dose of humility goes a long way in fixing that. Plus raging is obnoxious and will lose you friends and respect.
i guess i see what you're saying, i just don't think college is a particularly great example

kys

Smash Ace
tbh college convinced me that i was really good at math when i saw how bad everyone else was. i'm a math major though. there are some super crazy math majors though i guess.

i guess i see what you're saying, i just don't think college is a particularly great example
I was only giving insight into my own personal experience. Obviously it's going to be different for other people. I've had this discussion with my classmates before and they all observed the same thing at one time or another which is why I brought it up....if battlecow wishes to seek rage therapy from his smash brethren.

Hint: Avoid Killer, Zeus, Acolyte, initech, and Salmon.

Battlecow

Play to Win
Thanks for the advice guys

Taunting actually doesn't annoy me. I taunt peeps all the time tho.

The Star King

Smash Hero
Never heard of initech or Salmon. I'm surprised Nova or Smasherx74 wasn't mentioned (though I guess Smasher's rage is arguably an act)

Top Bottom