• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Taunt discussion! Now with Full Taunt Tier List!

dch111

Smash Journeyman
I think for the taunt match-up chart, we should use numbers instead of greater than or equal signs. In many cases there is a clear difference between 60 40 and 55 45

Olikus

Smash Champion
This is my Taunt tier list.
In the Low tier everyone is pretty close.

Top:
Falcon
DK

High:
Mario
Yoshi
Ness

Mid:
Jigglypuff
Luigi
Kirby
Fox

Low:
Pikachu
Link
Samus

Keep on with new lists and discuss the taunt matchup chart. Even if Luigi is above fox in my taunt tier list. Fox is 60-40 against Luigi, since fox is cocky and Luigi looks a bit shy. So Luigi kind of let fox dominate him.

Discus!

SSBPete

Smash Lord
taunt cancling on the same ledge really fast is impressive (taunt cancle dash dancing).

my personal favorite taunt is luigi's though, not because its an attack, but because i actually get offended when someone lands a big fire punch combo and ends it with luigi giving a 'that was easy' statement.

#HBC | ѕoup

The world is not beautiful, therefore it is.
People who don't dash dance ledge taunt cancel on hyrule with CF spamming "Show yo" "Show yo" "Show yo" "Show your moves" are
pretty ok people

it's cool to watch, and fun to execute, but it's really pointless;really doesn't get on my nerve enough.

Kirby's taunt would get on my nerve but sadly this isn't melee.

I like DK's taunt the most, he's all like: "I don't man lol"

WOTG

Banned via Warnings
Easiest to hardest to do list:
Top Tier
Falcon

High Tier
DK
Jigglypuff

Mid Tier
Mario
Pikachu

Low Tier
Ness

Bottom Tier

Yoshi

Favorite to least favorite list:
Top Tier
Falcon

High Tier
DK
Yoshi
Ness

Mid Tier
Samus
Fox
Luigi

Low Tier
Jigglypuff
Link
Kirby

Bottom Tier
Mario
Pikachu

How can Falcon not be at the top on both list ^^
I never liked Mario's taunt tbh.

DMoogle

A$
This is my Taunt tier list.
In the Low tier everyone is pretty close.

Top:
Falcon
DK

High:
Mario
Yoshi
Ness

Mid:
Jigglypuff
Luigi
Kirby
Fox

Low:
Pikachu
Link
Samus

Keep on with new lists and discuss the taunt matchup chart. Even if Luigi is above fox in my taunt tier list. Fox is 60-40 against Luigi, since fox is cocky and Luigi looks a bit shy. So Luigi kind of let fox dominate him.

Discus!
I agree with this list more than any other one, but I would definitely put Fox in high.

How can you not just love the arrogance? They totally nerfed his taunt in Melee.

th3kuzinator

Smash Master
Speaking of sexism I always have trouble putting some of the smash characters into gender cataegories. This is annoying when I am trying to refer to he or she

what gender is

pikachu
yoshi
jiggs (probably a girl)
kirby
fox (probably a ******)

Can someone help me out with that

ciaza

Smash Prodigy
Premium
I've always thought everyone was a male except Samus and Jiggs (she wears bows).

I think the only evidence that Kirby is a male is because Sakurai named it after his son apparently.

dch111

Smash Journeyman
yoshi - he
fox - he (lol)
kirby - he
jiggs - it
pikachu - it

(unless someone knows how to determine the gender of a jigglypuff)

The Star King

Smash Hero
Pikachu and Jigglypuff are species, so they can be he or she.
I used to think Yoshi was a species but according to the Yoshi Brawl Codec it's a he.

"It lays eggs and throws them, right? ...Then it must be female."
"...Actually, it's a he. At least, that's what it says."
"It talks!?"

th3kuzinator

Smash Master
Well ill be ****ed, it is a male pikachu. When I watched the series as I kid, I never once remember seeing such a female pikachu.

asianaussie

Smash Hero
It's according to the gender differences introduced in the 4th gen, and to be honest they're little things that don't matter at all.

Since SSB64 was long before those games were released, make Pika out as whatever you want him to be.

#HBC | ѕoup

(unless someone knows how to determine the gender of a jigglypuff)[/QUOTE]

Speaking of sexism I always have trouble putting some of the smash characters into gender cataegories. This is annoying when I am trying to refer to he or she

what gender is

pikachu
yoshi
jiggs (probably a girl)
kirby
fox (probably a ******)

Can someone help me out with that
pikachu - (she) yes, deal with it. her voice actor is a her so that should be common sense. if not, then it's a it.

yoshi -
Snake said:
it lays eggs right? so it must be female.
Otacon said:
Well actually, it's a he.
problem solved.

jiggs - probably a girl, as you said, no indoor plumbing though.

kirby - ....i'm not sure actually, it think kirby is more of a ****** to be honest, a pink, circular, cute face looking ******.

fox - ******.

B Link

Smash Lord
pivot ledgehog taunt cancels anyone? XP
mario's taunt cancel is sooo annoying...it's so LOUD, it makes me want to turn off my sound. Same with jigglypuffs...

here's my regular taunt tier list:

Top:
DK
Falcon

High:
Kirby
Mario
Yoshi
Ness

Mid:
Fox
Luigi
Jigglypuff

Low:
Link
Pikachu
Samus

what about leaning over the edge sounds? =P

#HBC | ѕoup

OH

i saw saske one time do taunt canceling when he was on a platform on dreamland and whispy started blowing air and he just pressed taunt when he was at the edge.

was really cool, not sure what to excactly call it.
WIND TAUNT CANCELING

Sempiternity

Smash Lord
OH

i saw saske one time do taunt canceling when he was on a platform on dreamland and whispy started blowing air and he just pressed taunt when he was at the edge.

was really cool, not sure what to excactly call it.
WIND TAUNT CANCELING
bro, this's already been discussed

th3kuzinator

Smash Master
Soup was making a joke because it had already been discussed.

I think we should in fact label it something like wind taunt canceling or WTC for short.

WOTG

Banned via Warnings
How exactly do you do that anyways? I never actually knew how >_>

Also, Fox is obviously a dude lol (how is he a ******???), and Pikachu is a male, and Puff is female. I think some species are more largely male and others female in the Pokemon world.
The voice actor being a female doesn't make the character a female.

Olikus

Smash Champion
Okay

seems top tier is finish. everyone so far has dk and falcon.

Discuss high tier!

th3kuzinator

Smash Master
Just stand on the left edge of Dreamland or the right edge of the right most platform on Dreamland and, when the wind starts blowing in your direction, mashing the L button.

As the wind pushes you into the teetering animation, your taunt will cancel it and return you to a standing position which will let the wind push you into the teetering animation and so on.

blaze3927

Smash Ace
i have a male jigglypluffin in my party so jiggs could be male

Few questions, probably only answered by TAS:

Can you double jump cancel ledge taunt cancel, with yoshi or ness obv.

Can you taunt cancel when you quick attack with pikachu and sweetspot a ledge straight into the falling animation?

Sempiternity

Smash Lord
Isn't there something weird about the wind at Dreamland, like it'll push you over the left edge, but not the right edge (off the stage)?

So you can wind taunt cancel on the platform and edge of the left side, but just the platform on the right.

Or something.

Blade689

Smash Journeyman
wind can only push you over the edge if your doing an attack. either side can push you off I think. I thought the entire stage was balanced on left&right. if your right.....wow...... but I think your wrong about dream land man.

th3kuzinator

Smash Master
Like I posted in for WOTG, you can only WTC on the right platform and on the left side of the stage.

The Star King

Smash Hero
Nope, just tested it, and the wind won't push you off the right side, but will the left...

Odd.
It's because the tree is slightly closer to the left side of the stage.

Also, Fox is obviously a dude lol (how is he a ******???), and Pikachu is a male, and Puff is female. I think some species are more largely male and others female in the Pokemon world.
Pikachu has a 50:50 gender ratio in the Pokemon games, Puff is 75% female and 25% male though.

Olikus

Smash Champion
So since no more list have been coming up lately, ness and yoshi probably will be high tier. The question is the rest of high tier. Mario is hard because many people think he has one of the coolest(I do), and some dont seem to like his mushroom taunt. And i didnt put up fox, but some have said i should.

So I shall give you some more time to discuss, and if you dont choose i put both of them up.

Remember this is going to be the official taunt tier list for the ssb64 community, and soon up on smashwiki. So it is important that you contribute as much as you can.

WHO WILL WRITE SMASH64 HISTORY? DISCUS!!!

Dsc

Smash Ace
Is taunt cancelling part of the game? Probably not right? I wonder who discovered it...

And you know that ****ty Feeling when you miss a mario taunt cancel. So gay

Top Bottom