• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SWF Ike Try Outs - FINISHED

King of Sack

Smash Journeyman
Attention Everyone

Renegade has dropped out of the tournament. This is going to have some huge implications, because some people have played him and some have not. Here's how it stands.

2 have beaten Ren 2-0
2 lost to him 2-0
1 beat him 2-1.

I need everyone's opinion on what I should do with the remaining players. This can have huge implications, so I will be taking this into huge consideration. I want to hear everyone's opinions on to see if a good idea pops up.
I think we should do 1 of three options:

1) Take away all Wins/ Losses involving Ren

2) Look at the wins/ losses of people who played him and distribute win/ losses logically (i.e. If someone who hasn't played Ren lost to someone who lost to Ren, then odds are, the person who hasn't played Ren would probably lose to Ren if they played)

3) Ask Ren what he thinks is best and act accordingly (since this speculation is a result of his actions)

Option 1 might be best because it will be like he never joined at all.

theeboredone

Smash Legend
This is the stupidest thing I've ever heard. Striking should always be used It's like the 2nd most important thing next to weather items are allowed or not.

Striking allows the players to choose there most neutral stage for the match up rather than going random and fighting Snake on FD so you can start off at a 70-30 disadvantage instead of aiming for a 50-50
He meant for an Ike ditto xD. But some people do better on certain neutral stages compared to others.

Nysyarc

Last King of Hollywood
NNID
Nysyarc
3DS FC
1075-0983-2504
This is the stupidest thing I've ever heard. Striking should always be used It's like the 2nd most important thing next to weather items are allowed or not.

Striking allows the players to choose there most neutral stage for the match up rather than going random and fighting Snake on FD so you can start off at a 70-30 disadvantage instead of aiming for a 50-50
Yah but it's all Ike dittos, and we're using live chat so we can just be like "Hey wanna do it on BF?" and the other guy's like "Yah sure" or whatever. It's been working out so far.

:034:

Cross.

Smash Ace
regarding the ren thing, I think that all wins/ losses against him should be discarded. Im not saying this just cuz I lost(It wont even really make a difference, Ive lost to nearly everyone xD) but its unfair for those who didnt get to play him yet.

theeboredone

Smash Legend
It wouldn't work just to pretend he never signed up at all? Like... well, there isn't much to elaborate on that. Just remove those five records and then... yah. Cause we'll all eventually be brawling each other anyways, so removing the results of just those matches shouldn't matter too much in the end result.

Just my opinion.

The problem I have with this is that the people who won primarily deserved their wins. I CANNOT delete him from the bracket completely as it would mean resetting the whole bracket, and I have deleted all my PM's on what the results have been so far. I could write all the results down, but this would be way too tedious for me. Too much cross referencing the names and making sure they match. I think you can imagine it would be difficult with 20 names going down and 20 horizontally.

What I CAN DO is give everyone 2-0 wins. However, if for some reason there is a tie break...and say if one person played Ren and lost to him 2-1...then that could come into discussion. He would have one more loss compared to said 2-0. But that 2-1 individual can argue that his opponent didn't play Ren at all.

I AM leaning towards giving everyone 2-0...I mean I beat Ren 2-0 and I do find it a bit dumb to see my work go away. But if this is what is best for the tourny, then I'll do it.

YagamiLight

Smash Champion
Just make it so that everyone gets +0 but if the situation arises where one of the three people who beat Ren are in a position to get 6th place or such then if it helps them get 5th we'll just have a match between the two players to see who gets the last spot.

Does that sound fair?

theeboredone

Smash Legend
Just make it so that everyone gets +0 but if the situation arises where one of the three people who beat Ren are in a position to get 6th place or such then if it helps them get 5th we'll just have a match between the two players to see who gets the last spot.

Does that sound fair?
Guess I'll change everyone to 2-0, and if the time arrives, then discussion can ensue.

OK GUYS! Following today's brawling, I will be posting the placings up right now. Due to TIO being gay, I cannot save the bracket image. So I will paste the placings along with your total record. Also, THESE ARE SETS. NOT THE TOTAL AMOUNT OF GAMES YOU HAVE PLAYED.

1: Light (8-3)
2: Mishi (8-4)
3: San (7-0)
4: Kirk (7-1)
5: BLF?! (7-3)
6: Nyke (5-5)
7: Kimchi (4-0)
8: Salty (4-2)
9: xGAx (3-8)
10: Bored (2-3)
11: Slaps (2-4)
12: Wil (2-5)
13: LC8 (1-0)
14: Kishn (1-0)
15: BRims (1-0)
16: PC (1-0)
17: Max (1-2)
18: Niddo (1-7)
19: Ren (0-18)

If you guys have any questions. PM or AIM me.

theeboredone

Smash Legend
Since it seems like there won't be many matches sometime until later tonight. I will post an updated bracket.

1: Light (9-3)
2: Bored (8-3)
3: Mishi (8-4)
4: BLF?! (8-5)
5: San (7-0)
6: Kirk (7-2)
7: Kimchi (6-0)
8: Nyke (6-7)
9: Slaps (5-5)
10: Salty (4-3)
11: xGAx (3-8)
12: Wil (2-5)
13: PC (1-0)
14: BRims (1-0)
15: LC8 (1-0)
16: Kishn (1-3)
17: Max (1-6)
18: Niddo (1-7)

Remember guys, this is total sets played, NOT MATCHES. If there is a tie breaker at the end, I will look at matches won and loss. If there are any errors, feel free to contact me.

Kirk

Smash Champion
lol that feels awkward.

Wifi is wifi...it's all in good fun. I feel weird being rooted for...since its not all that serious. xD

P.S. cranky kirk is CRANKY.

King of Sack

Smash Journeyman
lol that feels awkward.

Wifi is wifi...it's all in good fun. I feel weird being rooted for...since its not all that serious. xD

P.S. cranky kirk is CRANKY.
It's completely natural for someone to root for a player they like in a competition... unless something happened while I wasn't looking... :lick:

I don't think wifi was made to be taken seriously. :)

Nysyarc

Last King of Hollywood
NNID
Nysyarc
3DS FC
1075-0983-2504
And in other related news, expect updated brackets to be up sometime in the evening.
Awesome. And expect me to finish all of my matches today... well that is if PC, Brims and LC8 finally decide to show up. Any news from them while I've been gone?

Slaps

Smash Lord
NNID
iSlaps
Awesome. And expect me to finish all of my matches today... well that is if PC, Brims and LC8 finally decide to show up. Any news from them while I've been gone?

brims is getting DQed because Penta signed him up without telling him so yeah thats like a free win for all lol and then LC8 was on yesterday because i was playing teams with him brett and a friend.. i never played our match yet but yeah... i still have kimchi, niddo, LC8, PC, and xGAx... if we are counting out brims that is

Nidtendofreak

Smash Hero
NNID
TheNiddo
3DS FC
3668-7651-8940
I think I'm going to drop out. I got KOTOR2 today, and I'm not interesting in letting everyone else get a 3 stock off of me.

san.

1/Sympathy = Divide By Zero
NNID
Sansoldier
3DS FC
4957-2846-2924
I knew I was going to be really busy today and tomorrow. Hopefully, I can finish as much as I can tomorrow.

theeboredone

Smash Legend
Updated Bracket Placings.

1: Bored (13-3)
2: Light (13-3)
3: Mishi (10-4)
4: Slaps (10-7)
5: Kirk (9-2)
6: BLF?! (9-6)
7: Kimchi (8-0)
8: San (8-0)
9: Nyke (7-8)
10: LC8 (6-3)
11: Salty (6-4)
12: xGAx (5-9)
13: Wil (4-8)
14: PC (3-3)
15: Kishn (3-3)
16: Max (3-6)
17: Niddo (2-16)
18: BRims (1-17)

Thursday is last day guys...make or break.

King of Sack

Smash Journeyman
Everyone, I will be donating tomorrow (technically today) completely to playing people I haven't played. So, if you are one of them, please do not hesitate to send me a P.M.

I will be constantly checking my inbox. But due to the fact I have to browse with the wii internet, I might be on youtube or something, and thus... will appear as "Offline"

Btw... I have already added EVERYONE. :)

theeboredone

Smash Legend
Here are the final results for this Round Robin tournament. Those that did not play enough matches were eliminated. This resulted in everyone else getting a free win from that opponent. In any case, this tournament is only a part of deciding who is going to participate in the SWF tournament. If you read my first post, I also stated that we will be taking a voting on who should participate. This voting should come primarily from who you faced in this tournament and how they measured up on wifi. I advise that you don't be biased in your opinions as we are looking for the best of the best. With this being said, here are the results.

1: Bored (14-3)
2: Light (14-3)
3: Kimchi (13-1)
4: Mishi (12-4)
5: BLF?! (11-7)
6: San (10-0)
7: Kirk (10-2)
8: Slaps (10-8)
9: Nyke (9-8)
10: Salty (7-4)
11: LC8 (6-5)
12: Wil (6-8)
13: xGAx (6-9)
14: Kishn (4-6)
15: Max (4-8)
16: PC (3-15)
17: Niddo (2-16)
18: BRims (1-17)

WE WILL NOW BE TAKING A VOTE FOR WHO YOU THINK, IN YOUR OPINION SHOULD BE THE TOP 5! YOU CAN STATE REASONS AND DEBATE IF YOU WANT, OR YOU CAN SIMPLY VOTE AND LEAVE. PLEASE VOTE BASED ON THE EXPERIENCE YOU HAD IN THIS TOURNAMENT. DO NOT BE BIASED AS THIS IS FOR THE GENERAL GOOD. I HOPE ALL WHO PARTICIPATED POST THEIR VOTE.

Oh and shout outs will come later.

Nysyarc

Last King of Hollywood
NNID
Nysyarc
3DS FC
1075-0983-2504
In no particular order, I vote for these five players to participate in the tourney:

San
Kimchi
Light
Kirk
Penta

A LOT of thought and time went into this. I know mine is only one vote, but I didn't want to make it a bad one. I considered everybody based on how you played in the match against me, your overall record, your WiFi experience, your Ike experience, your tournament and match-up experience with other characters... I tried factoring in everything and that's the list I came up with.

I'm just 'voting and leaving' as bored put it, I won't change my vote and I won't try to change anyone else's.

Teh Brettster

Smash Master
In other news, you guys just missed the most hilarious thing. Some random person "vixen" came into the chat and asked us (Nysyarc and me) if we were Koreans and bi and whatnot, and we just went along with it.. and then we just went nuts talking about different types of goblin f***... then LCampoy8 returned, took the note, and played along... It must have gone on for near 15 minutes before we perma-banned her.

If I could have saved the conversation and posted it here, I would have.

So yeah, next time a random shows up, I'm not going to ban immediately. Mindgamez first.

(BTW, my votes will be sent as a PM, if that's okay.)

PentaSalia

Smash Master
NNID
PentaSalad
my votes are the same as Nysyarc

San
Kimchi
Light
Kirk
Penta

Based from the records, i think i should replace bored since he said he couldn't participate in this.

Top Bottom