• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SWF Ike Try Outs - FINISHED

PentaSalia

Smash Master
NNID
PentaSalad
nobody else is going to vote?:(

well at least we can say that kirk kimchi and light are guaranteed to be in this
not really sure about san, i heard he's having trouble connecting o.o

and slot 5 is still open, but judging from the current results,i'll probably be taking it.

SO i guess the question is...incase SAN can't participate,who should take his place? o.o

ima say brett

P.S if im wrong about the whole "san cant connect " thing,then ignore this Dx

san.

1/Sympathy = Divide By Zero
NNID
Sansoldier
3DS FC
4957-2846-2924
I bought a LAN adapter for the wii today from Newegg. Everything will be okay if
1. It comes in on time
and
2. It works.

I heard newegg ships relatively fast, so I shouldn't have too many worries right now.

LOL@NEO conflict btw.

theeboredone

Smash Legend
Today is the last day of voting (like it matters). So if anyone wants to get their vote in by midnight tonight, do so now. Go back a page or two to see who's on top right now.

Shoutouts still to come z.z...class about to start.

theeboredone

Smash Legend
I'm closing voting. Looks like no one else is going to bother and input their opinion. If someone does, I guess I'll change the results accordingly. So here is the final placement.

Light: 96%
Bored: 93%
Kimchi: 88%
San: 73%
Kirk: 62%
Penta: 41%

Top 5 get in, and since I will not be participating, Penta will take my spot. I'm not sure if San is participating, so we need to get a confirmation on that. After that, I'll do the honors of PM'in the host and telling him our Ike representatives from best seed to last. Here are my 2 projections...one including San, the other doesn't. If everyone is ok with this seeding, I'll go ahead and PM the host.

1. San - The best
2. Kimchi -Wifi Guy
3. Kirk - Record
4. Penta - I think he has more experience in other match ups.
5. Light - Cause he's good.

WITHOUT SAN

1. Kimchi
2. Kirk.
3. Penta
4. Light
5. BLF

That is all for now.

EDIT: Looks like San can play wifi...so yea.

Nysyarc

Last King of Hollywood
NNID
Nysyarc
3DS FC
1075-0983-2504
1. San - The best
2. Kimchi -Wifi Guy
3. Kirk - Record
4. Penta - I think he has more experience in other match ups.
5. Light - Cause he's good.
Good luck guys! Holy crap I'm so pumped for this even though I'm not playing in it, lol. One of you had better win this thing for Ike or I'll have been all psyched up for nothing.

:034:

YagamiLight

Smash Champion
Eh? 5th seed? Oh well, good enough.

I haven't voted for this yet but I see no need since it's essentially set in stone anyway. Good luck everyone in the upcoming matches!

theeboredone

Smash Legend
Now that I think about it. I'm starting to wonder if I should seed the Ike players according to the vote + tournament outcome. Or if I should just stick with logic and experience. Light, the reason I put you 5 is because I'm not sure if you have enough experience with Ike vs other characters compared to Penta. If someone can vouch for you, I'd gladly switch you two around.

san.

1/Sympathy = Divide By Zero
NNID
Sansoldier
3DS FC
4957-2846-2924
On an unrelated note, I can use wifi now, so I won't have any possible difficulties except for time w/ the tournament (even though idk what's going on with it)

YagamiLight

Smash Champion
Now that I think about it. I'm starting to wonder if I should seed the Ike players according to the vote + tournament outcome. Or if I should just stick with logic and experience. Light, the reason I put you 5 is because I'm not sure if you have enough experience with Ike vs other characters compared to Penta. If someone can vouch for you, I'd gladly switch you two around.
I would get people to vouch for my match-up knowledge but that would make me feel super petty, haha.

No matter, Penta is a solid player so I have absolutely no objections about having him be above me.

PentaSalia

Smash Master
NNID
PentaSalad
lol i think me and light are pretty even to be honest

but as long as we're both making it in,it doesn't really matter whos 4th or 5th :p

anyway,i agree with boreds list,it should be the final say.

PentaSalia

Smash Master
NNID
PentaSalad
what happened to shoutouts?D:

1:San- lawl i think i could have done better against youx_x,that 3 stock was just amazing</3. You can read your opponent so well=/. Outstanding ike, probably the best i've ever seen.
2: Kimchi- lol wifi god ike. i wish i had your confidence D:
3: Kirk- *girl scream*lol. Nice getting a chance to fight you here D:. Your combo video inspired me to pick up ike so many months ago lol.
4: Mishi - you rock:gw:
5: Light- you're officially my ike rival :evil:, you're always fun to fight:laugh:
6: Bored- i thought you were mean at first but you're actually a very nice guy. idk how i pulled that win off you LOL.
8: Slaps- Nice guy :p, fun to talk with.
9: Nyke- Thanks for letting me know about this. You definitely know your ike facts x_x, alot more than me.
10: Salty -...to be honest,i forgot =/
11: LC8 -same
12: Wil -i remember you, fun games
13: xGAx -forgot,im sorry
14: Kishn - i think you're that patient ike i fought:o. Nice style
15: Max -forgot=/
16: PC -never fought you
17: Niddo - you seem very knowledgeable D:. we all have our bad days
18: BRims -lawl you forgot about this after i told you about it >_>
19: Ren - lol....also..amazing ike,whyd you drop;/. you could have made top 5 easily but i guess i wouldn't have made it if you have stayed...soo..thanks?LOL
20. Brett: almost forgot you lol. Nice playing you :o. You have alot of tourney experience offline. I dont get why you don't think you could have repped ike in this :o

theeboredone

Smash Legend
what happened to shoutouts?D:

6: Bored- i thought you were mean at first but you're actually a very nice guy. idk how i pulled that win off you LOL.
*****, don't make me **** you up the *** for you sayin that **** about my ***** ***** ** ** *** @*(#*(!U*(@(@*((**( HAHGAHAIOHAIOS

Yea, skool has been ****** me, but I have found this small gap to post shoutouts. Sorry if I forget you...it's been too long.

1. Penta - Beat me to shout outs...and you still got those fancy mind games going on. You've gotten better though from last time. Good ****.

2. San - I wanna play you offline =/. Too good online, and probably the best Ike around. Period.

3. Slaps - I guess your first day was pretty bad, but you bounced back and posted a good record after that. You've improved a bit, good stuff.

4. BLF?!?!?!!!1111#@ - Kid needs to stop choking and losing games he should win. Kid needs to stop winning games that he should lose.

5. Bored - Kid needs to stop playing.

6. Kirk - Finally got to play you. It was online, but it was our first match ever. I felt like you were sand bagging so...till we meet offline then.

7. Ren - Nub...I pity the foo who takes the Coward's way out! J/k. Nothin but love.

8. Kimchi - Wifi God Ike dethroned by guy who doesn't play wifi Ike. Still, you're still good at what you do. Keep it up.

9. Light - You were my biggest surprise. I honestly thought you wouldn't be that good, but you proved me wrong. You have an interesting game, but it works. Good stuff man.

10. Max - I don't remember much of our experience, but I'm sure I'll notice if you got any better next time we play.

11. Greatest Assassin - WHERE'D YOU GO?!

12. Nyke - It was fun playing out during doubles friendlies and stuff. You taught me a few things with Ganon that I didn't know. Keep it up with both Ike and Ganon. Rep hard!

13. Niddo - First to drop. 10 points.

14. Salty Cracka - Never played you.

15. LC8 - My fav Cali homie...it was a pleasure to play you again. Next time I ever get on wifi, I'll hit you up.

16. Kishn - Don't remember much...but keep on practicing with Ike.

17. PC - See above.

18. Wil - Duuuuude...you disappeared after we played...hope you post again on these boards =/

19. Brims - Lawlz

20. Whoever this person is...I will edit later.

That's all folks.

Nidtendofreak

Smash Hero
NNID
TheNiddo
3DS FC
3668-7651-8940
Shout Outs:

Everyone I faced except Brett: Good job 3 stocking me. >_>

Brett: Good job 2 stocking, 0%ign me. >_>

The people I beat with Falcon after they 3 stocked me: I wasn't kidding when I said my Falcon is better over wifi then my Ike.

People I didn't face: Sorry, I didn't want to get 3 stock'd again. I was just fed up with it by the end.

Who ever is in charge of the wifi department at Nintendo: If I ever met you, I'm ripping out your spine.

@#$#@%#@ Wifi.

Slaps

Smash Lord
NNID
iSlaps
I'm too lazy to type out the names so I'm copying Bored lol

1. Penta - I thought i could have done better dude but you are a great Ike player and hope you go to more NY tournies

2. San - i got completely ***** lol you are the most amazing Ike I have seen lol

3. Slaps - you are AMAZING!!! lol

4. BLF?!?!?!!!1111#@ - yoooooo my homie! lol, you did really good but i guess you just went downhill against me.. usually its me that screws up when me and you play but yeah, its online lol, i hope to play you again offline real soon, we rule dallas now! lol

5. Bored - ummm i don't remember much from our matches except for me like choking both matches after the first stock i took lol, like the Uair on halberd then me missing the ledge at 0% with aether... that sucked lol but yeah your still an amazing Ike.

6. Kirk - Stupid flying carpet =[ now all the TX ikes didnt beat you all because of that lol

7. Ren - I wish you didn't drop out, me, you, kimchi, and some other blue Ike should do a FFA lol all blue!

8. Kimchi - I did better than I thought but you are still a far better Ike player I hope to play you in some friendlies.

9. Light - Really close games man, and then all the counters in the friendlies afterwards were hilarious lol good luck in the tourney

10. Max/KoS - Fun to play with =] good games I would love to see you improve and I am sure you will.

11. Greatest Assassin - Don't remember much

12. Nyke - Good games man you just gotta maintain focus under pressure. I wanna Ganon ditto you lol my ganon is beast as well haha. You should learn the ganon super jump thing I'm trying to learn it.

13. Niddo - Didn't get to play you but I still want to no matter how bad you do.

14. Salty Cracka - Pretty good Ike, I thought i could have done better but your good =]

15. LC8 - Good Ike, Bad Lag lol

16. Kishn - Don't remember much

17. PC - Don't remember much

18. Wil - Don't remember much

19. Brims - NY RoK! lol

20. Whoever this person is...I will edit later. (haha bored! lol)

woot woot!

Virgilijus

Nonnulli Laskowski praestant
BRoomer
Because after reformatting the bracket 5 times to fix that problem with other characters, I said "Screw it".

Nysyarc

Last King of Hollywood
NNID
Nysyarc
3DS FC
1075-0983-2504
Would it have been so hard to manually figure out where the four or five players for each character have to be in order so that they face each other as minimally as possible? Then you could just randomize what characters take each of those groups of four/five spots, and what players for each character take each of the individual spots.

We have legitimate reason to complain if our character is guaranteed to only have 3 representatives after the first round, possibly losing out some of our best.

theeboredone

Smash Legend
Can't say I'm happy with the bracket placing. Doing it manually would have been tough though...

Anyways, I'm gonna post the tourney thread in my first post.

Virgilijus

BRoomer
Would it have been so hard to manually figure out where the four or five players for each character have to be in order so that they face each other as minimally as possible? Then you could just randomize what characters take each of those groups of four/five spots, and what players for each character take each of the individual spots.

We have legitimate reason to complain if our character is guaranteed to only have 3 representatives after the first round, possibly losing out some of our best.

You shouldn't lose out some of your best: if your list was ranked (as it should have been) then it will be your top 3 Ikes. Your 4th Ike was agreed to be the lowest and your 5th wasn't even guaranteed a spot. If any character were to be grouped (besides Falcon and Link) it probably should have been you guys since you are near the top of the Low Tier List.

Nysyarc

Last King of Hollywood
NNID
Nysyarc
3DS FC
1075-0983-2504
You shouldn't lose out some of your best: if your list was ranked (as it should have been) then it will be your top 3 Ikes. Your 4th Ike was agreed to be the lowest and your 5th wasn't even guaranteed a spot. If any character were to be grouped (besides Falcon and Link) it probably should have been you guys since you are near the top of the Low Tier List.
All I'm saying is that no characters had to be grouped so badly, there were ways around it that just took some extra time and effort. But it's over now so whatever. San will just have to beat Light and Kirk and progress to make quick work of everyone else.

Palpi said:
Ike isn't even really low tier. He is the MK of low tier.
I wish >_> Ike still has unfavorable match-ups even with characters that are lower than him on the tier list...

Flayl

Smash Hero
This isn't even serious, stop complaining. He is doing a fair job...Ike isn't even really low tier :) He is the MK of low tier.
Ness and Mario mains also say that.

Also position in the tier list has nothing to do with seeding...

Virgilijus

BRoomer
True, it doesn't. But I feel much better with you guys having a tighter grouping than the Ganons or bottom tiers.

I have remade the bracket several times and it always screws over some one. That's just how it goes. No one is stopping an Ike from winning.

Teh Brettster

Smash Master
True, it doesn't. But I feel much better with you guys having a tighter grouping than the Ganons or bottom tiers.
So... make the bracket in a way that there are not any character groupings. At least none as bad as there are currently.
I have remade the bracket several times and it always screws over some one. That's just how it goes. No one is stopping an Ike from winning.
... except for the bracket. And I say that in the least offensive way possible. It just guarantees that 2 of our guys lose before the tourney even goes anywhere. So that really IS keeping an Ike (or, Ikes) from winning.

Nysyarc

Last King of Hollywood
NNID
Nysyarc
3DS FC
1075-0983-2504
I have remade the bracket several times and it always screws over some one. That's just how it goes.
Yah... if you do it completely at random... as I've said before there are ways around it. Like... not doing it completely at random.

It wouldn't actually take that long to do manually. No johns.

Top Bottom