• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Work In Progress SWF Community Voted Tier List - 3.0 COMPLETE

Wintermelon43

Smash Champion
Unless he made it to top 8 in any of the tournaments you named, he got burned to death. If he was someone like Nairo or ZeRo, it would be stupid to say, but this person ain't no ZeRo.

That was heartless of you to say, and I loved it. Whoever @NickRiddle is probably not that good compared to other competitive players like Dabo and Pink Fresh.
Top 8 at CEO

Wintermelon43

Smash Champion
Bet he lost to ZeRo, Nairo, or Dabuz(or atleast anyone else in top 8, still can't get Ryu at Paragon out of my head).
He lost to Larry Lurr

Which isn't as bad as it sounds, Larry Lurr beat Esam too, and Nick Riddle got two games off him as well.

Last edited:

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
He lost to Larry Lurr

Which isn't as bad as it sounds, Larry Lurr beat Esam too, and Nick Riddle got two games off him as well.
Is there supposed to be a problem with Larry Lurr or something?

Browny

Smash Hater
UPDATED :)

You may notice characters arent moving much anymore, thats because it takes a lot of votes to move characters, but that will change in the upcoming phase I am making this upcoming vote period the SECOND LAST ONE before we start voting on tiers individually, then we arrange characters within tiers and we vote on no more than 2 characters in a given tier to move up or down into adjacent tiers.

- Edit

On second thoughts, I have heard rumours of a patch coming out September 30? If so and its a balance patch, I guess this will be pushed back at least another 2 months.

Last edited:

L1N3R1D3R

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-3822-0133-6917
And...yet again, we can't balance the :4luigi: votes, so he moves down too much. I'm pretty sure we all agree he's Tier 2, but too many people vote him up/down each phase that we always move him two tiers at a time. xD

My votes:

+1 :4peach: Definitely should be in Tier 3 with her hover and turnip setups, as well as fantastic horizontal recovery and good kill options.
+1 :4drmario: Not nearly as good as the other Mario Bros, but having Mario's frame data with more power and mixups is nothing to sneeze at.
-1 :4fox: Sorry, but he doesn't have as reliable options as the other characters in Tier 2. His only good combos involve the techable weak-F-air, the worse-than-Mario up-tilt, and the hard to hit up-air.

EDIT: Changed my third vote (no longer voting Fox down because I generally dislike voting characters down anyways).
+1 :4pacman: Yes, he is this good. He's got so many tools that can space people out, mess with their plans, and escape situations. Zage and Abadango have been representing him very well in tournaments. I'm not saying he should be Tier 2, I just want to make sure he stays where he is because there are inevitably going to be some misbelievers that vote him down.

Other thoughts:

:4diddy: and :rosalina: Whoa whoa whoa, huh? Am I missing something, or can someone explain why Diddy is higher than Rosa?
+1 :4gaw: Still has great combos that can rack up damage quickly. He has trouble killing unless he gets a 9 or a bucket, though.
+1 :4kirby: I shouldn't have to explain.
+1 :4rob: Should be on the same tier as Pac-Man, considering he's the perfect counterpick (besides Rosa) for him.
+1 :4tlink: Great setups with bombs and boomerangs, and surprisingly powerful killing aerials.
-1 :4ryu: He may be a bit too high. I know he's good, but Tier 2 may be pushing it.

Last edited:

Kirby Dragons

Smash Hero
:4dk: -1 Way too overrated. He has bad matchups against nearly every fast, projectile, or combo character. That covers almost everyone on the roster.
:4ryu: -1 Yeah, no.
:4pacman: -1 Should be with Lucario and Olimar.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
And...yet again, we can't balance the :4luigi: votes, so he moves down too much. I'm pretty sure we all agree he's Tier 2, but too many people vote him up/down each phase that we always move him two tiers at a time. xD

+1 :4peach: Definitely should be in Tier 3 with her hover and turnip setups, as well as fantastic horizontal recovery and good kill options.
+1 :4drmario: People are still overlooking his strengths. Sure, he isn't as good as the other Mario Bros, but the fact that he has Mario's frame data with stronger moves is nothing to sneeze at.
-1 :4fox: Sorry, but he doesn't have as reliable options as the other characters in Tier 2. His only good combos involve the techable weak-F-air, the worse-than-Mario up-tilt, and the hard to hit up-air.
Fox has Shine...that is all...jk...kappa

D

Deleted member

-1 :4feroy:
-1 :4shulk:
+1 :4marth:EDIT: I hate wasting all my votes on trying to get Marth in a position that makes any logical sense.

Last edited by a moderator:

Mazdamaxsti

Smash Lord
NNID
Mazdamaxsti
-1 :4kirby: Explained earlier, definitely not this high.
-1 :4jigglypuff: wut u doin so high get back down to bottom 15
+1 :4luigi: needs to be in the tier higher

Evello

Smash Journeyman
NNID
TinyTinyHippo
3DS FC
0473-7825-0053
:rosalina: +1 She's not broken by any means, but she has some amazing options and the results to back her up (more so than Pika).
:4gaw: +1 GimR gets consistent results with this guy, I dunno how he could be so low.
:4jigglypuff: -1 No one has been able to get anywhere with this character as far as I know, and the theory backing her up is pretty weak too.

Zethoro

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Zethor
+1 :4miigun: no no no no no no no no no no no. Mii Gunner is not the worst character in the game.
-1 :4samus: That's the worst character in the game.
+1 :4ryu:If I don't he'll get sent to tier 4 or something which is way too low.

Last edited:

L9999

Smash Champion
3DS FC
3780-9480-2428
-1:4bowser: Sorry, but Bowser is garbage.
-1:4jigglypuff: Like Bowser, she is garbage.
-1:4miibrawl: Am I missing some crazy tactic of 1111 Mii Brawler that makes him as good as Megaman and Toon Link?

Last edited:

Fuerzo

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Erudites
- :4jigglypuff:Bad.
- :4duckhunt:Bad.
-:4miibrawl: 1111 Brawler (this tier list is customs off) is garbage.

atreyujames

The Laziest Man in the North
NNID
Atreyujames
-:4robinf:Second verse, Same as the first. I'm gonna keep doing this till heshe goes down. Sure heshe has some kill confirms, but they aren't that consistent, and going for them too often removes the possibility of killing at all. Slow run speed, with only an average air mobility and walk speed, and hisher tilt range is garbage compared to other sword wielders.... except MK :'(
:4gaw: +1 GimR gets consistent results with this guy, I dunno how he could be so low.
-:4gaw: Sorry but GimR's only "consistent" results are getting in the Top 8 of MAYBE half of the S@X's and even then he's only broken Top3 once. And he is legit the only competetive game and watch I know of that's even noteworthy.

+ :4luigi: Hopefully we can keep watch of him this time. I agree he belongs in Tier 2 and hopefully we can hit the target.

Honestly it's getting tough to weed out things I don't like about this list. I would probably put :4wiifit:,:4kirby:, and :4bowserjr: lower and :4charizard: higher, but I'm still trying to decide on them.

monzer

Smash Journeyman
+:rosalina: no way she isn't top tier
+:4charizard: Is actually fast for a heavy weight, and has decent frame data.
-:4diddy: he isn't that good

Everything else is pretty good.

Wintermelon43

Smash Champion

1: :4sheik: :4zss: :4pikachu: :4diddy:
2: :rosalina: :4fox: :4mario: :4sonic: :4ness: :4ryu:

3: :4luigi: :4falcon: :4yoshi: :4metaknight: :4villager: :4wario: :4pacman:

4: :4dk: (:4pit: :4darkpit:) :4olimar: :4rob: :4peach: :4lucas: :4feroy: :4myfriends: :4lucario: :4greninja:

5: :4wiifit: :4kirby: :4robinf: :4megaman: :4miibrawl: :4tlink: :4marth: :4falco: :4duckhunt: :4bowserjr: :4shulk:

6: :4drmario: :4link: :4jigglypuff: :4lucina: :4bowser: :4littlemac: :4charizard: :4gaw: :4dedede:

7: :4miisword: :4ganondorf: :4palutena: :4mewtwo: :4samus:

8: :4zelda: :4miigun:

+1:4kirby: Counter. One spot too low. There you go.

+1:4jigglypuff:Haters gonna hate

-1:4samus: What the beep? I thought she was undisputed last?[/Spoiler]

Last edited:

Agent Emerald

Smash Journeyman
+1 :4peach: Her potential and strengths are really great with Turnips and really good aerial prowess.
+1 :4kirby: People are starting to realize what Kirby can do in how quickly he can rack up damage.
+1 :4feroy: He's already had massive potential from the start, and now with Sethlon taking him places, We can now see how strong Roy is.

Edit: the command for the Roy Icon reminds me of Pherae.

Last edited:

Robertos0511

Smash Rookie
+1 :4shulk:. IMO should be tier 4.

-1 :4samus:. No way she's better than Zelda, no way she isn't bottom tier.

-1 :4robinm:. IMO should be in tier 6 or 7.

U.Inaba

Smash Rookie
NNID
U.Inaba
3DS FC
4442-1471-2358
Edit:
I just realized that there's no order in the tiers, so i'll change my vote from +:4mario: to:
+:4palutena:
+:4dedede:
^ Probably too low
-:rosalina: She's in fact one of the best characters in the game, but she's not top 5 with too many weakness and some bad matchups (she's most likely top 10) Edit: i'll kept this vote because she's not tier 1 material, but if there's no order in the tiers, she's in the perfect place and doesn't need to go up and doesn't need to go down a tier

Last edited:

L1N3R1D3R

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-3822-0133-6917
This should really be stickied. It's important enough of a thread that it shouldn't be buried if ever it were inactive.

Tyranitarphantom

Smash Apprentice
NNID
SwitcherooTtar
Oh god guys what did you do Diddy is not 4th get serious.
For real tho:
:4luigi:+1: Seriously, what fools voted him to not even be top 10? It's like you don't even play this game.
:4greninja:+1: His new placement is a good improvement, but he still needs to be higher.
:4dk:-1: He may have dropped into the lower tier, but he's only one spot down from where he was before. He still needs to fall a good bit more.

Top Bottom