• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Work In Progress SWF Community Voted Tier List - 3.0 COMPLETE

ShortcutButton

Smash Apprentice
NNID
ShortcutButton
Everyone in Tiers 1-4 has a better matchup against Sheik than Luigi's matchup against Sheik.

But top 4 is perfectly fine, sure. /sarcasm

MarioMeteor

Smash Hero
NNID
BGenius23
3DS FC
0662-2900-1492
that's my point, falco has a few good players though difference is falco and doc are getting buffed in patches
Your point was Jigglypuff not having results, when she has more results than Falco and Doc, even if it's not saying much.

Last edited:

Thinktron

Smash Apprentice
Your point was Jigglypuff not having results, when she has more results than Falco and Doc, even if it's not saying much.
More results, Im not sure about that i haven't seen jiggly-puff in a while, while the other 2 are starting to grow... granted slightly, though i only see whats uploaded on youtube

MarioMeteor

Smash Hero
NNID
BGenius23
3DS FC
0662-2900-1492
More results, Im not sure about that i haven't seen jiggly-puff in a while, while the other 2 are starting to grow... granted slightly, though i only see whats uploaded on youtube
Look up Serynder. He's a really good Jigglypuff. Hungrybox isn't too bad with her, either.
I've seen good players like Reflex and Larrylurr winning tournies with falco
Who's Reflex?

Wintermelon43

Smash Champion
Everyone in Tiers 1-4 has a better matchup against Sheik than Luigi's matchup against Sheik.

But top 4 is perfectly fine, sure. /sarcasm
Yeah, I know, top 4 is COMPLETATLY OFF.......

Rosalina and ZSS should be switched :troll:

Also on the Jigglypuff topic, she suffers from the "Sheik Dicease", originally known as the "Diddy Dicease" . It's where a character's great, but everybody either hates them or want to easily win and thus main Diddy/Sheik/Luigi/Ness. Yoshi and Dedede have the same problem. They're potentntioal makes Jigglypuff deserve this spot (If not a few spots higher) but people vote her down because she hasn't been seen.

Fuerzo

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Erudites

Also on the Jigglypuff topic, she suffers from the "Sheik Dicease", originally known as the "Diddy Dicease" . It's where a character's great, but everybody either hates them or want to easily win and thus main Diddy/Sheik/Luigi/Ness. Yoshi and Dedede have the same problem. They're potentntioal makes Jigglypuff deserve this spot (If not a few spots higher) but people vote her down because she hasn't been seen.
No, she's just bad.

MarioMeteor

Smash Hero
NNID
BGenius23
3DS FC
0662-2900-1492
Although Puff is a good character in my eyes, I think we can all agree she needs some buffs.
We most certainly can. Too bad she seems to be one of those characters Sakurai forgot was in the game. She got one buff ever since the game was released.
The...Reflex....wonder??

@ Wintermelon43 Wintermelon43 its Disease
Isn't he a mod on here? What about him?

MarioMeteor

Smash Hero
NNID
BGenius23
3DS FC
0662-2900-1492
You asked for notable players so I gave you reflex
I asked you who Reflex was, and so far, you've told me nothing.

Honestly, it's not that, it's that she takes actual skill to use, and as such no one pays attention to her because she can't press A to win like Sheik. I think she's perfect where she is right now, really. I wouldn't put her any higher, I wouldn't put her any lower.

Wintermelon43

Smash Champion
I asked you who Reflex was, and so far, you've told me nothing.

Honestly, it's not that, it's that she takes actual skill to use, and as such no one pays attention to her because she can't press A to win like Sheik. I think she's perfect where she is right now, really. I wouldn't put her any higher, I wouldn't put her any lower.
Oh yeah, and that

MarioMeteor

Smash Hero
NNID
BGenius23
3DS FC
0662-2900-1492
Hell Yeah! #BuffthePuff

What's the one buff Puff got?
Rest got a 1% damage increase. I think it was 1.0.6.
Honestly, if they just made her ground attacks useable, she'd probably go up like a whole tier. There's no good reason why she only has two good ground attacks.

RedCap-BlueSpikes

Smash Journeyman
NNID
RedCapBlueSpikes
:4palutena: +1 There's no way in HELL Palutena is worse than Mewtwo, Zelda, Ganondorf, Swordfighter, Dedede, Bowser, Jigglypuff, or Default Mii Brawler. Pretty much every good Palutena player think she's mid-tier, including AeroLink. Even NAKAT and Nairo think she's decent.

:4jigglypuff: -1 Jigglypuff should not be so high. I've never seen a Jigglypuff get top 8 at a tournament that matters and none of her players think she's any better than low-tier. I can't think of a single matchup she outright has the advantage in; her best matchup is probably even or very close to even

:4miibrawl: -1 Read this: http://smashboards.com/threads/character-competitive-impressions.367669/page-366#post-18519571

Axel311

Smash Ace
NNID
axel311
- 1 :4shulk:
+1 :4drmario:
+1:4dk:

Shulk has to be lower, that frame data is horrendous. DK has to be higher, he has excellent results (DKwill got 4th at SKTAR) and he can kill at 50-70% guaranteed now with the ding dong. Dr. Mario is not that bad. Good frame data, pretty good combos he's just because his recovery is meh doesn't mean he's low tier.

Randum

Smash Rookie
:4robinm: +1: Dthrow buff makes him such a better character. Kills Sheik with grab at 90%, yes please.
:4palutena: +1: I find it so weird that people put Palutena so low on so many tier lists. I think it's because the difference between her abilities with customs on and cutoms off is so vast. People think that customs off Palutena is garbage because they can compare her to customs on. She has tools without customs, though. Dthrow combos still exist and Reflector is still a decent special in some matchups.
:4link: -1: Link isn't really doing much and his tools are mediocre. If it wasn't for his kill power, I wouldn't even consider Link to be a mid tier.

Last edited:

DarkK

Smash Apprentice
Rest got a 1% damage increase. I think it was 1.0.6.
Honestly, if they just made her ground attacks useable, she'd probably go up like a whole tier. There's no good reason why she only has two good ground attacks.
She needs less start-up on her smashes. I never stay on the floor except for jab combos with Puff because her smashes take forever to come out. She could have more kill power if her fsmash was less laggy

:4jigglypuff: -1 Jigglypuff should not be so high. I've never seen a Jigglypuff get top 8 at a tournament that matters and none of her players think she's any better than low-tier. I can't think of a single matchup she outright has the advantage in; her best matchup is probably even or very close to even
I read somewhere that Mac and Puff can be considered a bad matchup for each other, as if Puff gets Mac off the ground, her aerials will prevent him from coming back on stage. On the other side of the coin, Mac's attacks have so much strength that he can KO Puff rather easily.

Would that be considered even? I'm just wondering, don't know a whole lot about matchup terms and analysis.

Last edited:

MarioMeteor

Smash Hero
NNID
BGenius23
3DS FC
0662-2900-1492
She needs less start-up on her smashes. I never stay on the floor except for jab combos with Puff because her smashes take forever to come out. She could have more kill power if her fsmash was less laggy

I read somewhere that Mac and Puff can be considered a bad matchup for each other, as if Puff gets Mac off the ground, her aerials will prevent him from coming back on stage. On the other side of the coin, Mac's attacks have so much strength that he can KO Puff rather easily.

Would that be considered even? I'm just wondering, don't know a whole lot about matchup terms and analysis.
Really, it could go either way, though I wouldn't say it's in Puff's favor. Mac can afford to make more mistakes than Jigglypuff can, depending on the situation.

Paxadin

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Paxadin
3DS FC
2767-1146-9743
Although I know it's pretty rude to assume things like this, it still caught my eye.

I believe that Wintermelon43 is voting twice with an Alt. account, this account being Smash4Player64.
I base this off multiple things, please hear me out;

1. Both have a birthday set specifically on January 15th.
  2. Both have an absurd year of birth, being set really low in the 1900s. (Winter: 1909, Smash: 1920)
  3. The Smash4Player64 account has only ever posted in this thread, all 6 posts of the user at the current time are only in here.
  4. The Smash4Player64 account coincidentally up voted Kirby multiple times (EDIT: did some more searching, found that they both did a lot of similar votes), which fits along with Wintermelon43, who a few pages back tried initiating arguments against people down voting our little pink buddy.
    (EDIT AGAIN: Did more digging, they have the same exact voting opinions).
    (proof: refer to Smash4Player64's posts
Anyway my votes

THE FIRST THREE ARE MY REAL VOTES. THE REST ARE OTHER CHARACTERS I THINK SHOULD MOVE. ANY POST SAYING I'M BREAKING THE RULES WILL BE REPORTED.

+1:4megaman: ...what. (Good projectile usage, great ko power, great ssmashes and airs, espicially up air.)
+1:4shulk:...what. (Great range, Monados make him sometimes hard to ko, makes it easy for him to ko you, makes it good for him to rack up damage, makes him good at recovering, or makes him really fast.)
-1:4wiifit:Wanted to vote up Bowser jr but nooooooooooooo, we gotta have Wii Fit Trainer where she would be on a customs tier list. serisualy why is she going up.

+1:4bowserjr: Great ko power, good range,
+1:4charizard:Probably should be in the same tier as Donkey Kong and Ganon- oh, wait.
+1:4ganondorf:Bottom 5. really.:facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm:
+1:4dedede:Same as Ganondorf
+1:4kirby:Should still go up like 10 more spots, my god the horribleness if this list.
-1:4feroy:...Serisualy? He's litertatly so overated that I think that Roy's my Girl.
-1:4myfriends:^
-1:4gaw:He went up, yet, Charizard, and Bowser Jr. This is just too hilarious.
+1:4villager:Better than Pac-Man and Meta Knight
+1:4falcon:^
-1:4pacman:Want him below Mario, Villager, and Captain Falcon, but like where he is too and want to immediattaly go up afterwards. Before he goes down below characters that he IS better than.
-1:4metaknight:^
+1:4littlemac:Little Higher
-1:4mewtwo:Why not?
-1:4falco:Are you kidding me?
-1:4lucario:Little too high
-1:4link:Toon Link is better

Probably other things I'm missing but whatever
)
I have more connections that I could point out, but at that point it could just be weak coincidences or baseless assumptions.

I sincerely apologize to both users and to Browny if I am wrong, though.

Last edited:

Wintermelon43

Smash Champion
Although I know it's pretty rude to assume things like this, it still caught my eye.
I believe that Wintermelon43 is voting twice with an Alt. account, this account being Smash4Player64.
I base this off multiple things, please hear me out;

1. Both have a birthday set specifically on January 15th.
  2. Both have an absurd year of birth, being set really low in the 1900s. (Winter: 1909, Smash: 1920)
  3. The Smash4Player64 account has only ever posted in this thread, all 6 posts of the user at the current time are only in here.
  4. The Smash4Player64 account coincidentally up voted Kirby multiple times (EDIT: did some more searching, found that they both did a lot of similar votes), which fits along with Wintermelon43, who a few pages back tried initiating arguments against people down voting our little pink buddy.
    (EDIT AGAIN: Did more digging, they have the same exact voting opinions).
    (proof: refer to Smash4Player64's posts
)
I have more connections that I could point out, but at that point it could just be weak coincidences or baseless assumptions.

I sincerely apologize to both users and to Browny if I am wrong, though.
That's not true at all... Don't go to random conclusions like that. It's most likely a coincidence (Unless he's trying to clone my votes or something), I've had an almost COMPLETELY EXACT opposite of myself at another site, whom had the EXACT opposite opinions of me for almost everything. I woudn't be surprised if there was somebody who agreed with almost every opinion I had.

Last edited:

Wintermelon43

Smash Champion
:4palutena: +1 There's no way in HELL Palutena is worse than Mewtwo, Zelda, Ganondorf, Swordfighter, Dedede, Bowser, Jigglypuff, or Default Mii Brawler. Pretty much every good Palutena player think she's mid-tier, including AeroLink. Even NAKAT and Nairo think she's decent.

:4miibrawl: -1 Read this: http://smashboards.com/threads/character-competitive-impressions.367669/page-366#post-18519571
Are you kidding me right now? ARE YOU KIDDING ME?

First of all, Mii Brawler on default is still middle tier. He does, lose his best attack, but he still has a ton of other attacks, and he already had bad recovery to begin with with Helicoptor Kick.

As for Palutena, she in customs off is way worse than the majorty of those characters mentioned. Dedede actually has good combos. Like Palutena. But he has great KO Power and damage, which palutena doesn't have. Nor the heavy weight. She does however have MUCH better frame data, but then Dedede's combos are more effective and he's a heavy-Weight. Makes up for it. Bowser also has heavy weight, combo ability (Albeit not as good as Dedede's,) and great KO power and damage. Ganondorf has great damage and knockback, and weight (Again?), along with great attacks, an amazing meteor smash, and unpredictability. Mewtwo, Zelda, and Mii Swordfighter are the only ones I can understand.

And Jigglypuff..... oh boy this is hilarious. If you hadn't actually voted her down, I would have LOL'd for days. "I've never seen a Jigglypuff get Top 8 at a tournament that matters". Neither has Yoshi. And general consenses is he's high tier. "None of her players think she's better than low-tier" Seryender think she's top 5!!!!!! You COMPLETATLY made that up!!!!!! And no other top player has mentioned how good she is!!!! "I can't think of a single matchup she outright has the advantage in" OMG!!!!!!!!! You completatly made something up AGAIN!!!!!!

Looking at this thread: http://smashboards.com/threads/poke...lypuff-matchup-thread-discussing-ness.384478/

Zero Suit Samus is 55:45

Luigi is 60:40

Bowser is 60:40

And there are a ton more advantageous matchups too.

So obvisualy these are no real reasons whatever and you simply felt like voting her down.

D

Deleted member

+1:4myfriends:
-1:4shulk:
-1 :4kirby: "You're too slow!" - :sonic:

Last edited by a moderator:

Thinktron

Smash Apprentice
Can i ask, is this tier list the one used for competitive play, or are most people still going off the monthly Reddit tier list?

D

Deleted member

Ike slower than Kirby though lol.
They have the same run speed of 1.5, and Ike has a much faster air speed (Kirby's horrible 0.8 vs Ike's above average 1.08) And the characters are completely different other than that. Does Kirby have a sword to solve any range/mobility issues and give him a neutral that isn't subpar? No.

Top Bottom