• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Work In Progress SWF Community Voted Tier List - 3.0 COMPLETE

Number Three

Smash Cadet
:4villager: -1 - Don't even get me started on him. Most overrated character in the game by far.
:rosalina: +1 - She's better than Pika and Zamus.
:4zss: -1 - *Sigh* So, since ZeRo said Zamus could be the second best, everyone suddenly is heartbent on believing she's top 3.

_gold_

Smash Master
+1 :4charizard: (why is he still so low with all the buffs?!)
He's still not the prettiest pick when it comes to the competitive scene. Most his moves have lag, and he can be juggled fairly easily. If his b-air and n-air lag was reduced, then he might be a viable option.

Nintendoge_

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Bwooper
3DS FC
1306-6166-5014
He's still not the prettiest pick when it comes to the competitive scene. Most his moves have lag, and he can be juggled fairly easily. If his b-air and n-air lag was reduced, then he might be a viable option.
Even so, I think he's still a little too low on our tier list. He has a great combo throw, a kill throw, a pretty good recovery, good combos, and great damage and knockback.

Granted, he still has many flaws, but not as many glaring ones as the characters surrounding him (at least in my opinion.)

Nessimator

Smash Apprentice
NNID
VtheVincent
3DS FC
4038-6421-2081
:4falco: and :4bowser: +1
People need to use tilts and fox trots some more. These two can make pretty good use of tilts. And has anyone seen Falco combos!?

:4luigi: +1
He is definitely not below Yoshi and Diddy imo.

Last edited:

Liduri

Smash Cadet
:4luigi:+1 (he's top 5 in my opinion)
:4peach:+1 (above ike, and others)
:4wiifit:-1 (She... deserves a lower position)

Skorek

Smash Rookie
:4yoshi: +1 (it is really underrated, and still considered as good character)
:4darkpit: +1 (should be bit higher)
:4robinf: -1 (he/she is really slow + books (you may lose it too fast))

Golden Rainbow

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
2707-2708-0253
:4yoshi: -1 [...] his down-air can be spot-dodged and punished before the shield breaks [...]
I actually prefer to let him go down with it and punish the landing lag. If you have full shield (pretty common scenario), your shield is never going to break if you apply just a little bit of shield movement, then you can punish with something out of shield. I like doing aerials if they try to cross-up me, and Up-Smash if they are in kill range.

_gold_

Smash Master
The Year! Is 20SS. As the final resistance to Sheik finally falls to top tier players. Dk Will, The last of the low tier character mains finally switches over to sheik. ZeRo, the leader of 20SS force, laughs as he wonders who may dare challenge his sheik at the next Evo, as he twiddles his scarf maniacally. The sheik 20SS force slowly dominates smaller tournaments such as Xanadu, as even GimR himself urns to the top tier master. Few Luigi's remain, trying to claim victories when they can, but their neutral is suffering from lack of high priority projectiles. All hope seems to be lost. The Word Fair is added to the dictionary. The tier lisk is abandonded, as Sheik remains the only character playable in the game. Even Lord Sakurai abandons S4 to work on HL3. The only advantage now in matches is who can charge full needle first in the match up. There is no anti 20SS force, Smash 4... is doomed.
Sheik is defeatable. Competitors are adapting to ZeRo. The champ will eventually be dethroned.

Last edited:

MarioMeteor

Smash Hero
NNID
BGenius23
3DS FC
0662-2900-1492
The Year! Is 20SS. As the final resistance to Sheik finally falls to top tier players. Dk Will, The last of the low tier character mains finally switches over to sheik. ZeRo, the leader of 20SS force, laughs as he wonders who may dare challenge his sheik at the next Evo, as he twiddles his scarf maniacally. The sheik 20SS force slowly dominates smaller tournaments such as Xanadu, as even GimR himself urns to the top tier master. Few Luigi's remain, trying to claim victories when they can, but their neutral is suffering from lack of high priority projectiles. All hope seems to be lost. The Word Fair is added to the dictionary. The tier lisk is abandonded, as Sheik remains the only character playable in the game. Even Lord Sakurai abandons S4 to work on HL3. The only advantage now in matches is who can charge full needle first in the match up. There is no anti 20SS force, Smash 4... is doomed.
You say that like if GimR can't do it, nobody can.

Bowserboy3

Asking mum how to talk to a lady
NNID
Bowserboy3
:4samus:+1 As I said in a previous post, I don't believe Samus is the worst character in the game. She has issues, but still has decent finishers and good combos. Certainly beats :4dedede: and :4ganondorf: IMO, with others debatable too.

:4bowser:+1 I don't get why he is so low. I know he isn't a fantastic character but isn't as low as this makes out. Great mobility, fast attacks with power.

:4marth:+1 A controversial choice, but I think this is a very unexplored character. Yes, he certainly isn't as good as past games, but after picking him up again due to loyalty, I have come to the conclusion that he still has a good set of tools. His neutral game is tough, but Dancing Blade is surprisingly useful. Tipper Fair is surprisingly tough to punish also. The new Jab gives him plenty of creative follow ups. Uptilt and Upair are good juggle tools. I also think that having a frame 10 smash that can potentially kill at about 37% on the edge is absurd. The thing with Marth in this game I find that he is much more reliant on tippers because of the higher forms of lag on his moves. I think if they gave him less knockback on his throws and either less landing lag on Fair, or make it interruptable again (i'd prefer the latter more), he could be gunning for high tier, but I do see him as a mid tier character as of now.

Golden Rainbow

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
2707-2708-0253
So, we had a lot of votes already, so I think it's a good time to post this. It might not be completely reliable due to possible accounting errors and a mess-up I made, but I still think it's a pretty good way to gauge the current trends.

Currently going up two tiers:

+12 :4luigi:
+12 :4falco:

Currently going up a tier:

+7 :4greninja:

+6 :4rob:

+5 :4marth:
+5 :4peach:
+5 :4samus:

+4 :4lucas:

Nearly going up a tier:

+3 :4bowser:
+3 :4jigglypuff:
+3 :4megaman:
+3 :4zelda:

Characters whose vote score is positive:

+2 :4charizard:
+2 :4kirby:
+2 :4littlemac:
+2 :4miisword:
+2 :4palutena:
+2 :4wiifit::4wiifitm:

+1 :4dk:
+1 :4fox:
+1 :4ganondorf:
+1 :4dedede:
+1 :4lucario:
+1 :4mewtwo:
+1 :4gaw:
+1 :4olimar::4alph:
+1 :4pacman:
+1 :4pikachu:
+1 :rosalina:
+1 :4feroy:
+1 :4sonic:
+1 :4tlink:
+1 :4wario::4wario2:

Characters whose vote score is negative:

-1 :4duckhunt:
-1 :4lucina:
-1 :4mario:
-1 :4metaknight:
-1 :4pit::4darkpit:
-1 :4robinm::4robinf:
-1 :4ryu:
-1 :4villager::4villagerf:

Nearly going down a tier:

-2 :4falcon:
-2 :4drmario:
-2 :4sheik:
-2 :4shulk:

Currently going down a tier:

-3 :4myfriends:
-3 :4link:
-3 :4ness:

-4 :4yoshi:

Last edited:

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
+:4pit::4darkpit:(no point in separating them
+:4duckhunt:(needs more love)
+:4jigglypuff:

Smash Cadet
I don't really see why :4luigi: is treated this lowly. Sure he loses to other top tiers except :4pikachu: (Where :4pikachu: has trouble against him and :4sheik: obviously) but he's still a great character. I would personally still put him in with the Top 6.

Nessimator

Smash Apprentice
NNID
VtheVincent
3DS FC
4038-6421-2081
Yay!

Wait...people actually voted down Sheik!?

Last edited:

Bowserboy3

NNID
Bowserboy3
So, we had a lot of votes already, so I think it's a good time to post this. It might not be completely reliable due to possible accounting errors and a mess-up I made, but I still think it's a pretty good way to gauge the current trends.

Currently going up two tiers:

+12 :4luigi:

Currently going up a tier:

+7 :4greninja:

+6 :4rob:

+5 :4marth:
+5 :4peach:
+5 :4samus:

+4 :4lucas:

Nearly going up a tier:

+3 :4bowser:
+3 :4jigglypuff:
+3 :4megaman:
+3 :4zelda:

Characters whose vote score is positive:

+2 :4charizard:
+2 :4kirby:
+2 :4littlemac:
+2 :4miisword:
+2 :4palutena:
+2 :4wiifit::4wiifitm:

+1 :4dk:
+1 :4fox:
+1 :4ganondorf:
+1 :4dedede:
+1 :4lucario:
+1 :4mewtwo:
+1 :4gaw:
+1 :4olimar::4alph:
+1 :4pacman:
+1 :4pikachu:
+1 :rosalina:
+1 :4feroy:
+1 :4sonic:
+1 :4tlink:
+1 :4wario::4wario2:

Characters whose vote score is negative:

-1 :4duckhunt:
-1 :4lucina:
-1 :4mario:
-1 :4metaknight:
-1 :4pit::4darkpit:
-1 :4robinm::4robinf:
-1 :4ryu:
-1 :4villager::4villagerf:

Nearly going down a tier:

-2 :4falcon:
-2 :4drmario:
-2 :4shulk:

Currently going down a tier:

-3 :4myfriends:
-3 :4link:
-3 :4ness:

-4 :4yoshi:
It's a shame I can only do 3 votes (I used mine on Samus, Bowser and Marth), because as this is the case, I don't think Mario heading towards the negative side isn't right. If I was to give my 2 cents, I think he is certainly top 10, and I agree with Luigi being above him too, but I don't think he is out of the top 10. He has a scary set of tools, that are surprisingly easy to get a hang of. But alas, I have used my votes, it will be interesting to see how the list turns out this time.

Last edited:

ShortcutButton

Smash Apprentice
NNID
ShortcutButton
Remember Luigi's 25:75 matchup against Sheik? Mario does better than that, the Pit's do better than that, MK does better then that, freaking Lucario does better than that, everyone in the "top 20" the competitive forum has made does better than that.

randomguy1235

Smash Apprentice
:4samus:+1 As I said in a previous post, I don't believe Samus is the worst character in the game. She has issues, but still has decent finishers and good combos. Certainly beats :4dedede: and :4ganondorf: IMO, with others debatable too.
Samus needs a myriad of buffs before you can claim she's at their level.

Anyways: :4dedede: +1, :4ganondorf:+1, :4bowser:+1

Last edited:

Bowserboy3

NNID
Bowserboy3
Samus needs a myriad of buffs before you can claim she's at their level.

Anyways: :4dedede: +1, :4ganondorf:+1, :4bowser:+1
Samus can keep Ganon at bay for days. A poor approach, only crippled further by her projectiles. Dedede has possibly the worst neutral in the game, and even Samus's regular missile or bomb will reflect Gordo. Samus also can combo the heavyweights very easily. Samus really isn't as bad as people seem to think. The common response to this is "Her Jab doesn't link" or, "Dtilt doesn't kill" or, "Dsmash/Super Missile doesn't kill". As true as these are, they don't take away from Samus's good traits, her fantastic suitability, being able to force unsafe approaches, and combos. It's like this. The buffs Marth got last patch were nice, but they don't really address what is wrong with him in the first place, having a tough neutral game. It is kind of the inverse for Samus. She has lots of things that need sorting out, but what she has at this moment in time actually still works. Yes, having Jab link reliably would improve getting an opponent away from her, and Dsmash/Super Missile having more knockback would be great for more killing power, but you can combo into Charge Shot or Up B fairly easily. I'm not trying to say I am right, or you are wrong. You are entitled to an opinion just as much as me, so I shall leave it here.

But I like how you also upvoted Bowser. I find it hard to see why he is so low as of this post.

Fuerzo

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Erudites
+:4dk: Seriously, guys? Are you stuck in October? This character is easily a potential high tier and has the results to back it up with Will and now M2K. At the very least should be in Tier 5, with a genuine case for being as high as Tier 3.
- :4shulk: Frame data is just too horrible, and neither the Monado mechanic nor his massive range can make up for it.
- :4jigglypuff: Should be in Tier 7, possibly Tier 8. I've explained why multiple times.

Last edited:

1FC0

Smash Lord
:4wiremac:+1
:4rob:+1
:4mewtwo:+1

I think that Little Mac is underrated because I think that he has much more potential and thus I think that he should be much higher and the other two are just a little too low IMO.

Last edited:
Top Bottom