• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Swamp's Social Thread 3 - And now, the end is near, and so I face the final curtain...

Should we add a poll to the thread?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

pupNapoleon

Smash Hero
NNID
NapoleonPlays
3DS FC
5129-1683-5306
Switch FC
SW 3124 9647 8311
Ah, I meant in the context of Australia, sorry should have been more specific :p

It initially sold out rather quickly over here, specifically in my area.

But after a while, stock started coming back and from what I can tell, Wave 3 is pretty much common here.
Sorry mate, I have home country bias. Wish I did not.

So...

Your reactions if they make a Zelda amiibo collection?

For fun, it has Link, Zelda, Ganondorf, Impa, Tingle and 5 other characters. Who are they and why?
Both Zelda and Pokemon have official amiibo lines already announced legitimately.

D

Deleted member

So I have a question that I need answered, who owns Sora? Disney or Square Enix?
Disney fully owns Sora and all the other original characters from the Kingdom Hearts series as far as I'm aware.

Last edited by a moderator:

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Yokai watch just gave me 2 gold capsules from the crank-a-kai in a row

...Both the same, NON-S RANK Yokai

Edit: OMG, I got the S-Rank

and he was in an ordinary grey capsule

Last edited:

mark welford

Smash Ace
Disney fully owns Sora and all the other original characters from the Kingdom Hearts series as far as I'm aware.
So that means that if was added Disney would get the credit for him and any other content added like trophies, music, and mii outfits just wondering?

Last edited:

Serebii

Serebii Owner
NNID
SerebiiJoe
Exactly. Time-wise three years is relatively standard affair for a gen. But content wise there's still a fair bit left between Pokemon Z, the token last legendary and that Digimon Zygarde.

Hence my prediction being Gen 7 in 2017, not next year.
Wholeheartedly agree

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Why would gen 7 come out the same year as "Pokemon Z"?

Do people believe that?

Last edited:

Space Stranger

space cowboy
NNID
ThePowerBlaster
3DS FC
1160-9748-6431
Oh look, that one leader of the popular Pokemon fansite has just made a rare appearance in the thread.

Meh, nothing new.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I WILL GET AN S-RANK CRANKAKAI YO-KAI ONE DAY I TELL YOU! ONE DAY!
Well, it helps when you cheat

I'd feel bad cheating if it weren't for having a 1/1000 chance of getting it, can only try 3 times a day, and coins being "hard" to get

Shroob

Sup?
Is it Monday night yet?

Can I pay someone to knock me unconscious for a day? I got literally nothing going on today.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I'm after count cavity next

Then Goldenyan

Those 2 are going to be on my team with cruncha

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
All 5 are different poses of Groose. One amiibo comes with a speech bubble that yells, "THE GROOSE IS LOOSE!"

Why was this even a question when there was clearly one correct response?
Only five Groose Amiibos?

I know that only five other amiibos were apart of the question, but that little amount wouldn't do him proper justice!

TipperTheScales

Smash Apprentice
NNID
31ghtb1ts3rvant
3DS FC
3437-3163-4791
True. At least he wasn't a Link spin-off. Pun intended.

Jigglypuff very much deserved her spot.
I'm actually entertaining the idea of a Link-stance Marth with the Shield of Seals/Fire Emblem and obvious swapping of sword and shield arms. Not sure how the move set would change to be honest, probably changing the counter to a shield parry of some sort and no DB (I feel Shield Breaker would be a given with Marth's fencing style)

Last edited:

TipperTheScales

Smash Apprentice
NNID
31ghtb1ts3rvant
3DS FC
3437-3163-4791
'But Ike doesn’t use projectile attacks with Ragnell' Sakurai
Yes he ****ing does, Ragnell has shockwaves! Sakurai said this after saying Robin can't initially use Nosferatu
I'm wondering if Sakurai meant with respect to Smash rather than the Tellius games here, but it is a weird statement regardless

Last edited:

PushDustIn

Salt Lord
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
PushDustIn
3DS FC
3695-0954-3750
'But Ike doesn’t use projectile attacks with Ragnell' Sakurai
Yes he ****ing does, Ragnell has shockwaves! Sakurai said this after saying Robin can't initially use Nosferatu
Put your rage away, he was obviously referring to Ike not using projectile attacks in Smash.

Interviewer: Robin is a character who’s more about ranged attacks anyway.

Sakurai: Moreover, I thought it would be more fun to include an attack that can absorb percentage, like Nosferatu. Of course, the initial tactician class can’t use Nosferatu. But Ike doesn’t use projectile attacks with Ragnell, either, so it’s all part of balancing the game. Knowing the source material and then making each of the fighters unique is how they ended up the way they are today.

Shroob

Sup?
Honestly, looking at Jiggs nowadays, I wonder if anyone would even consider her as a playable character had she not been in every game.

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
Honestly, looking at Jiggs nowadays, I wonder if anyone would even consider her as a playable character had she not been in every game.
Today, more than likely not.

I'm glad she was included from the beginning and made it in every installment since though, I love playing as her! She's my go-to secondary.

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Back in 64 and Melee? Oh yeah. She made loads of sense. Jiggs was big.

By Brawl she was kind of forgotten though.

CyberHyperPhoenix

"Download Complete."
Proof @gameonion is a genius and I want this to happen sooo bad:
https://www.reddit.com/r/smashbros/comments/3wk3p7/since_this_is_the_last_presentation_heres/

• The direct is coming to a close and Sakurai thanks the viewers for watching the stream.
  • Smash 64 Credits Theme plays and a montage of all characters ever released is being played, like in the first Smash Direct.
  • Slowly fades into a familliar looking room with amiibos on a desk.
  • A relatively big shadow is visible.
  • Camera zooms out, shadow moving towards door.
  • Door closes. The room actually is the room of the kid in Smash 64. The kid grew up. Cue the tears.
Would be a nice ending to Smash 4 as a whole.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
I'm wondering if Sakurai meant with respect to Smash rather than the Tellius games here, but it is a weird statement regardless
Put your rage away, he was obviously referring to Ike not using projectile attacks in Smash.
Which in that case, he's wrong again. Look at his Aether customs and tell me that little projectile doesn't count.
'Shikata: I’m sure you’re familiar with the tale of the Emperor’s New Clothes, where the Emperor is told he has the most wonderful fashion ever, but he is actually naked. We wanted to implement some sort of outfit that would play off of that story, but we couldn’t come up with any abilities that that outfit would add, so they really weren’t able to bring that idea to fruition. We were really were disappointed that we weren’t able to implement it and bring it into the game.'
First of all, eww, naked Tink, second, the emperor was convinced his clothes where invisible to the common crowd, make the costume be stealth based so an enemy won't notice you until you attack them. Doesn't work on bosses obviously

PushDustIn

Salt Lord
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
PushDustIn
3DS FC
3695-0954-3750
Which in that case, he's wrong again. Look at his Aether customs and tell me that little projectile doesn't count.
'Shikata: I’m sure you’re familiar with the tale of the Emperor’s New Clothes, where the Emperor is told he has the most wonderful fashion ever, but he is actually naked. We wanted to implement some sort of outfit that would play off of that story, but we couldn’t come up with any abilities that that outfit would add, so they really weren’t able to bring that idea to fruition. We were really were disappointed that we weren’t able to implement it and bring it into the game.'
First of all, eww, naked Tink, second, the emperor was convinced his clothes where invisible to the common crowd, make the costume be stealth based so an enemy won't notice you until you attack them. Doesn't work on bosses obviously
Doesn't count as Ike's basic moveset was made in Brawl. (You asked me to :p)

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
The Fabulous Friendly Super Sparkle Train
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
IT CONTINUES.
ba4.png

Two days left!!

Also, if a leak that might be legit pops up, a datamining happens, I strongly suggest one of the mods adds [LEAK DISCOVERED] or something like that to the title.

Would be a quick way for the any of the regulars here to clear out until the presentation.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom