• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Swamp's Social Thread 3 - And now, the end is near, and so I face the final curtain...

Should we add a poll to the thread?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

PushDustIn

Salt Lord
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
PushDustIn
3DS FC
3695-0954-3750
Well that article pretty much reaffirmed what we believed about relevancy and time frames, so I'm not too surprised to hear that (though a bit saddened since some of my choices fall into that issue). It is a bit interesting how some characters are more restrictive in their timing then others, but I guess it's more of a guideline on his part rather then a strict rule. As for DLC coming to an end, I believe that December is when we're getting the last major bits of news. We could get characters past that point if they're announced ahead of time, but I feel that we're going to hit that cutoff sooner rather then later.

Also, it's funny that he brought up that Roy used to be called Ike since Serenes Forest recently posted an article about FE64/Binding Blade's development with that information. It's pretty funny timing how this interview and the Making of FE book's translations came out not too far from each other.

There was, while it wasn't too popular early on, you still would see it pop up from time to time. It especially got notorious when the Sceptile hype reached its peak as that was one of the sticking points used against other popular Pokemon like Blaziken.

I haven't read that chapter yet!
The interview comes from that book! Kantopia sent it to me yesterday :)

Shroob

Sup?
I don't see how not. I mean, it's kinda straightforward.

Dumbledore has been seen by some as a Jesus analogue, and JK Rowling confirmed that he's, indeed, gay. Nothing really wrong with that.
T'was a South Park reference, not to be taken serious. >_>

Zane13pyro

Smash Journeyman
Well...

Jesus didn't really swing one way or the other if we're talking about the Bible's canon.
ummm Jesus liked women .....Gospel of Philip "And the companion of [the saviour was] Mary Magdalene. [Christ loved] her more than [all] the disciples, [and used to] kiss her

Last edited:

pupNapoleon

Smash Hero
NNID
NapoleonPlays
3DS FC
5129-1683-5306
Switch FC
SW 3124 9647 8311
I hate to say I've told you so... (about relevancy being an important factor)

But I told you so.
Well that article pretty much reaffirmed what we believed about relevancy and time frames, so I'm not too surprised to hear that (though a bit saddened since some of my choices fall into that issue).
Assuming relevancy is entirely a do-or-die situation (and I'm not necessarily saying it is, this is just theoretical), could K. Rool still get in as a retro character, or would that be a huge stretch
Pretty sure the majority of Newcomers in Smash 4 fit the bill of 'relevancy' and why it's important.
Inklings Splat the Competition!

Relevancy!
Also relevancy matters. A lot of people already knew about that. Getting it straight from Sakurai's mouth is nice though.

So now give us Dixie Inklings and Paper Mario

all relevant :p
So relevancy plays a big part?
Well with the DLC so far,
Star Fox Zero was supposed to come out in November, but was delayed at the last minute until April, but its the next big release for Nintendo so relevancy.
If relevancy plays a big role in DLC... and it's ending soon...

Then Tuesday is not going to be a pretty day...
Regardless, the question was never whether relevancy was a factor. It was, how relevant is relevant? And will it prevent characters from getting in if they have several other benefits.

I gonna stay with my Post Brawl is Relevent stance.
That would mean that if we assume it's a straight up requirement, K.Rool is doomed but Isaac is still relevent, which would explain why Golden Sun got new content.

I dunno, this whole thing is really relative.
I'm assuming this is for Bandana Dee. Considering Triple Deluxe was in development during Smash 4 (Even if it was a small form, it counts), RTDL, and Rainbow Curse, I'd say he would fall under being relevant. We've known about this before, but this is just the final confirmation of it. I do wonder if the ballot works under different rules though to where relevancy doesn't apply as much.
C'mon guys.
We've been over the difference between relevant and recent.
I'll go all etymology on ya. I swear, I will.
Recent is not relevant.
C'mon. Please. Just... let's get over this misnomer. I beg. Truly.

Last edited:

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
ummm Jesus liked women he almost had sex with one and the devil tried to get him laid XD
Verse, denomination and book please?

The devil tempted him with power and riches mainly. I don't recall women.

Arcanir

An old friend evolved
NNID
Shoryu91
3DS FC
4253-4855-5860
The interview comes from that book! Kantopia sent it to me yesterday :)
Ah, so that's why Sakurai focused mostly on FE characters and details, that's really neat!

I have to say, that book has been giving a good amount of background information on games that I didn't expect, it's been really interesting to read up on it and find out something new.

Last edited:

Space Stranger

space cowboy
NNID
ThePowerBlaster
3DS FC
1160-9748-6431
Besides the fact that Jesus hung around "da hoes", he never was tempted to sleep with women.

No verse implies that this occurred.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
If anything I think he'd just be the thirteenth playable character. I mean, the only reason he didn't get in was the lack of a "base" so to speak. Jigglypuff would still have a base with Kirby. :p
True. At least he wasn't a Link spin-off. Pun intended.

Jigglypuff very much deserved her spot.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
T'was a South Park reference, not to be taken serious. >_>
In the back of my mind I was wondering if it was a South Park reference. I took a leap of faith and missed.

I have failed.

Swamp Sensei

BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
And the companion of [the saviour was] Mary Magdalene. [Christ loved] her more than [all] the disciples, [and used to] kiss her
Kissing was a greeting back then.

It's why Judas betraying Jesus with a kiss wasn't seen as sinful or odd.

It was seen as a handshake or a hug is today.

Regardless, the gospel of Phillip is considered non-canonical to most Bibles as it was recently discovered. It's not inherently wrong, but its not really preached as much as the main four, Matthew, Mark, Luke and John.

Last edited:

Ivander

Smash Legend

Yeah, the devil never used women to tempt Jesus. IIRC, the first time the devil tempted him to call down angels to bring him food and water when he was in the desert, the second tempting was to jump off a cliff or something similar and that the angels would save him if he was the Son of God and the third time was tempting Jesus to submit to him with promises of power and such. At least, I'm pretty sure that's how it went. Although I can't remember if there was possibly a 4th tempting in between.

Last edited:

Zane13pyro

Smash Journeyman

The devil tempted him with many things .....Gospel of Philip "And the companion of [the saviour was] Mary Magdalene. [Christ loved] her more than [all] the disciples, [and used to] kiss her to prove he likes women lol he loved Mary Magdalene and the devil is a liar anyway lol
Yeah, the devil never used women to tempt Jesus. IIRC, the first time the devil tempted him to call down angels to bring him food and water when he was in the desert, the second tempting was to jump off a cliff or something similar and that the angels would save him if he was the Son of God and the third time was tempting Jesus to submit to him with promises of power and such. At least, I'm pretty sure that's how it went. Although I can't remember if there was possibly a 4th tempting in between.
there was only 3 lol

Last edited:

Swamp Sensei

BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
The devil tempted him with many things .....Gospel of Philip "And the companion of [the saviour was] Mary Magdalene. [Christ loved] her more than [all] the disciples, [and used to] kiss her to prove he likes women lol he loved Mary Magdalene and the devil is a liar anyway lol
Kissing was a greeting back then.

It's why Judas betraying Jesus with a kiss wasn't seen as sinful or odd.

It was seen as a handshake or a hug is today.

Regardless, the gospel of Phillip is considered non-canonical to most Bibles as it was recently discovered. It's not inherently wrong, but its not really preached as much as the main four, Matthew, Mark, Luke and John.
Ha.

2fast2quick

Regardless, this should answer this statement.

D

Deleted member

There's a Little Mac main at the locals I go to, I'm going to counter pick Duck Hunt with my new knowledge of that level.

Space Stranger

space cowboy
NNID
ThePowerBlaster
3DS FC
1160-9748-6431
Well that got too meta too fast. :laugh:

Hits so close to home.
But no, it can't be true
I could recover if I wanted to
Like a Falco in the sky
If I believed I could fly
Why, I'd fly
[proceeds to completely miss edge, losing stock in the process]
Clearly, I will go Smashing no more

Last edited:

Kikkipoptart12

Smash Champion
NNID
Kikkipop 12
3DS FC
0104-0018-0045
Is anyone upset about the fact Sakurai at one point in the interview sort of implied that he doesn't think his team is competent enough to make a Smash game without him? Like, does he not have any faith in them?
No not really, I'm sure his opinion will change over time, he put him self through a lot of stress and he must think that they won't do or think the same like he does. Smash is Sakurai's baby he just want to know it's in the right hands when he's gone. When you have been working on something for a long time it hard to let it go even if it hurting you, Sakurai really needs to find his Aonuma for smash.

Swamp Sensei

BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
There's a Little Mac main at the locals I go to, I'm going to counter pick Duck Hunt with my new knowledge of that level.
Don't do it.

Remember that big tournament?

Mac mains just have to get the ducks.

pupNapoleon

Smash Hero
NNID
NapoleonPlays
3DS FC
5129-1683-5306
Switch FC
SW 3124 9647 8311
Are we really quoting the bible now, from which one could gather there is no difference between a man and woman other than magic? If a man cannot sleep with a man, maybe woman shouldnt have been crafted from man.

I must be in a bad mood because every post I read seems more absurd and off point than the previous. I apologize if this is the case, but I cannot help but blame everyone else. Haha. That cannot be correct, statistically. unless I'm the chosen one. The Harry Potter. The Emmett. The holy zeus cup.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
But no, it can't be true
I could recover if I wanted to
Like a Falco in the sky
If I believed I could fly
Why, I'd fly
[proceeds to completely miss edge, losing stock in the process]
Clearly, I will go Smashing no more
All while his left arm lay next to him, detached.

Wait a second no, never mind. That's a lot more morbid since Mac's not plastic.

D

Deleted member

Don't do it.

Remember that big tournament?

Mac mains just have to get the ducks.
Oh, I actually don't know what happened. I do know they can hop on the dog from my testing, but I figured they'd have to land or something and I could take advantage of it.

-EDIT-

I just got the joke. lol

Last edited by a moderator:

pupNapoleon

Smash Hero
NNID
NapoleonPlays
3DS FC
5129-1683-5306
Switch FC
SW 3124 9647 8311
So, apparently there is alot of demand for a Minecraft amiibo.

http://mynintendonews.com/2015/12/1...amiibo/?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter

That would fly off the shelves faster than Wave 2 and 3 lol XD :p
All of the first three waves were available for preorder for months.
Now, the first two released very rapidly, and amidst the chaos- understandable if someone collecting did not see the difficulty.
But by wave three, anyone who didn't get their amiibo (short of cancellation, and even then, it wasnt unheard of getting a cancellation) deserved not to get one. Twelve days into the run, three were theorized as being discontinued. The dilemma was real at that point, and even if one considered wave two to be another exception (despite delays, being split into two waves, and a plethora of other issues), wave three was readily available.

Swamp Sensei

BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
there is no difference between a man and woman other than magic?
Well....

No. That's not how it goes... Like at all....

Regardless, maybe taking a break is better if you're in a bad mood.

Shroob

Sup?
At this point, I just want closure.

I adore Smash 4, but I just wanna know what the final roster is so I don't have to keep speculating. I want to be able to say "This is Smash 4's final roster" with certainty, and revel in the fact that even if this is Sakurai's last Smash game, roster-wise, it is the best we've ever had, bar none.

....That, and I want Abysswolf and Neorice to finish their sprite works. :p

Last edited:

Champ Gold

Smash Scrublord
3DS FC
1779-2820-4833
Switch FC
SW-1452-9841-1035
All while his left hand lay next to him, detached.

But the amiibo is.

Besides, if I go off stage as Mac, I never miss because I'm too much of a ***** to go off stage as Mac so when I do it, it's the safest way possible.

But only works with Ness because I'm going full @Omni and saying "**** Ness'

Space Stranger

space cowboy
NNID
ThePowerBlaster
3DS FC
1160-9748-6431
It becomes less morbid when you realize that the various Smashers are nothing more than glorified figurines on a shelf, longing to be played with. The owner of the figurines takes a few of them to do battle with all kinds of outrageous moves and attacks not possible.

For Mac, however, his shelf-life was limited the instant he went against the owner's rules regarding his recovery.

Clearly he will be Smashing no more.

. . .

Somebody make me a writer at Pixar.

Ivander

Smash Legend
there was only 3 lol
Was just making sure. The back of my head tends to itch when I feel like I'm possibly forgetting something. And unfortunately, it happens often.
I must be in a bad mood because every post I read seems more absurd and off point than the previous. I apologize if this is the case, but I cannot help but blame everyone else. Haha. That cannot be correct, statistically. unless I'm the chosen one. The Harry Potter. The Emmett. The holy zeus cup.
You're bitter. *pats shoulders* It happens at least once in our lifetime. And when it happens, we should be going to the closest shelter or pet store and look at kittens and puppies. And realize there are other more important things to save our bitterness for.

BluePikmin11

Akko is my dear daughter!
NNID
blue
Assuming relevancy is entirely a do-or-die situation (and I'm not necessarily saying it is, this is just theoretical), could K. Rool still get in as a retro character, or would that be a huge stretch?

For the record, I'm not trying to grasp at straws here - I've accepted the worst possible outcome a long time ago. I'm just trying to look at this objectively and hear what everybody else thinks.
Retro characters have to do with characters from old Nintendo franchises that haven't got playable representation.
To say the least, yes K. Rool getting in as a retro is a real stretch.
To me, that's just finding as many straws as possible to keep unrealistic expectations high.

Swamp Sensei

BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
It becomes less morbid when you realize that the various Smashers are nothing more than glorified figurines on a shelf, longing to be played with. The owner of the figurines takes a few of them to do battle with all kinds of outrageous moves and attacks not possible.

For Mac, however, his shelf-life was limited the instant he went against the owner's rules regarding his recovery.

Clearly he will be Smashing no more.

. . .

Somebody make me a writer at Pixar.
If you were Pixar, you'd throw that out and finally use the 9th version.

CyberHyperPhoenix

"Download Complete."
All of the first three waves were available for preorder for months.
Now, the first two released very rapidly, and amidst the chaos- understandable if someone collecting did not see the difficulty.
But by wave three, anyone who didn't get their amiibo (short of cancellation, and even then, it wasnt unheard of getting a cancellation) deserved not to get one. Twelve days into the run, three were theorized as being discontinued. The dilemma was real at that point, and even if one considered wave two to be another exception (despite delays, being split into two waves, and a plethora of other issues), wave three was readily available.
Ah, I meant in the context of Australia, sorry should have been more specific :p

It initially sold out rather quickly over here, specifically in my area.

But after a while, stock started coming back and from what I can tell, Wave 3 is pretty much common here.

Swamp Sensei

BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
So...

Your reactions if they make a Zelda amiibo collection?

For fun, it has Link, Zelda, Ganondorf, Impa, Tingle and 5 other characters. Who are they and why?

Space Stranger

space cowboy
NNID
ThePowerBlaster
3DS FC
1160-9748-6431
For fun, it has Link, Zelda, Ganondorf, Impa, Tingle and 5 other characters. Who are they and why?
All 5 are different poses of Groose. One amiibo comes with a speech bubble that yells, "THE GROOSE IS LOOSE!"

Why was this even a question when there was clearly one correct response?

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
So...

Skull Kid - Fan favorite
Medli - Fan Waifu
Ruto - Fan Waifu
Sheik - Fan Favorite
Daruma - If there is a zora, there's gotta be a goron

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
So...

The other five are Young Link, Toon Link, Deku Link, Goron Link, and Zora Link. Cause no one but Link matters. :troll:

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom