• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Swamp's Social Thread 3 - And now, the end is near, and so I face the final curtain...

Should we add a poll to the thread?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

SlickWylde

Smash Champion
3DS FC
1349-5237-9158
Your reaction if:

Rayman
Banjo
Snake
Wolf
Ice Climbers

All got revealed.

(0% chance I'm just asking your reaction)

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Your reaction if:

Rayman
Banjo
Snake
Wolf
Ice Climbers

All got revealed.

Not bad, have three great vets back would be good as well a two new third parties. I'd be disappointed by the lack of 1st party newcomers though.
*Glares at you*
In all seriousness, Rayman would be pretty cool as a 3rd party.

TheAnvil

Smash Hero
User was warned for this post
Your reaction if:

Rayman
Banjo
Snake
Wolf
Ice Climbers

All got revealed.

[Image removed for being inappropriate]

Last edited by a moderator:

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
Your reaction if:

Rayman
Banjo
Snake
Wolf
Ice Climbers

All got revealed.

Ow, my wallet!

Seriously, I got a gift card before the Christmas rush started and now it won't cover it.

SegaNintendoUbisoft

The Amateur Artist
NNID
S.N.U0203
3DS FC
4725-8740-7336
Your reaction if:

Rayman
Banjo
Snake
Wolf
Ice Climbers

All got revealed.

I would have no words.
The amount of hype would leave me speechless.
In all seriousness, Rayman would be pretty cool as a 3rd party.
That's what I thought you said...

D

Deleted member

Mega Rayquaza is the Akuma of competitive Pokemon and balance in general with that series.
M
He's the one that should be fighting Agumon in Death Battle instead of :4charizard:
Pffft, more like the KoF 2001 Igniz of competive. At least Akuma doesn't completely break any chances of a fair match. :p (Unless we're talking turbo 2 Akuma.) Basically, no way to beat one unless you're lucky. :p

if your going to fight a mega rayquazza, bring a multiscale, assault vest dragonite. Dragon Rush will easily mess them up.
That's if you get really lucky though. Considering how inconsistent Dragon Rush is and how broken M Rayquaza is....

DoodleDuck97

Smash Hero
Living in a peacefull place on nowhere islands.
Your reaction if:

Rayman
Banjo
Snake
Wolf
Ice Climbers

All got revealed.

Even though my top contenders K Rool and Isaac wouldn't get in.
Nothing could prepare me for those three.
And to have all my mains back and get an Amiibo for all of them too. Would be pure Bliss.
:popo::4lucas::wolf:

Last edited:

RandomTBush

Smash Ace
Also by par of tradition, everything is gonna get leaked the day before.:4diddy:

So someone let @shinyquagsire23 RandomTBush RandomTBush and TCRF not to datamine or leak anything if we get an update before the last wave
Already vowed not to speak a word of it.

(EDIT: Of course a couple of members mentioned that already looking through the thread, but I'm here to confirm that.)

Last edited:

Pokechu

chugga chugga
NNID
Pokechu
3DS FC
5000-1894-6879
Switch FC
SW-7547-3301-4325
Your reaction if:

Rayman
Banjo
Snake
Wolf
Ice Climbers

All got revealed.

Go back in my corner. The only smiles from me would be from the occasional thought about playing as the icies.

:squirtle::ivysaur::pichumelee:
RIP
no one loves them anymore

@Zoroarking you hatin on the ice climbers? u get no treat tonite :^(​

Last edited:

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Pffft, more like the KoF 2001 Igniz of competive. At least Akuma doesn't completely break any chances of a fair match. :p (Unless we're talking turbo 2 Akuma.) Basically, no way to beat one unless you're lucky. :p

That's if you get really lucky though. Considering how inconsistent Dragon Rush is and how broken M Rayquaza is....
True, the setup can work well in doubles if you have something to distract rayquazza from dargonite. In which case you could hit it. Even so, I like my odds with it, so I have no regrets Honestly I think there will be easy ways to fight m rayquazzas if they show up, but we will have to wait and see.

Chrono.

The only veteran I want back is Wolf, and even then I've been growing indifferent of him lately.

That said, the only newcomers I can see happening and want are Inklings. Everyone else I want is a pipedream lol

CatRaccoonBL

You can do it!
NNID
RaccoonBL
3DS FC
2294-4606-0767
When it comes to content, I feel it really will all end on this presentation. Ending it with a bang seems appropriate and saves the trouble of giving people false hope. The only thing I can think of is if any character announced would appear later down the line in 2016 but thats it.

Anyway, got Undertale since I finally was able to get more money into my steam account.
I'm stuck at the Toriel fight. I'm not sure what I'm supposed to be doing. Especially in a game where "nobody has to die." I haven't tried the fight option, but I feel that would be the wrong choice.

Last edited:

RandomTBush

Smash Ace
Your reaction if:

Rayman
Banjo
Snake
Wolf
Ice Climbers

All got revealed.

If all of them were added into the game, I would surely explode. No complaints for any of them.

(I'm certain Snake's actually the least likely because of Konami being Konami, though.)

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Go back in my corner. The only smiles from me would be from the occasional thought about playing as the icies.

:squirtle::ivysaur::pichumelee:
RIP
no one loves them anymore

@Zoroarking you hatin on the ice climbers? u get no treat tonite :^(​
Fine by me
I'm too pure to be doing lewd stuff like that anyways!
Besides, it's not like you ever treated me anyways
When it comes to content, I feel it really will all end on this presentation. Ending it with a bang seems appropriate and saves the trouble of giving people false hope. The only thing I can think of is if any character announced would appear later down the line in 2016 but thats it.

Anyway, got Undertale since I finally was able to get more money into my steam account.
I'm stuck at the Toriel fight. I'm not sure what I'm supposed to be doing. Especially in a game where "nobody has to die." I haven't tried the fight option, but I feel that would be the wrong choice.
This is as much of a hint you'll get from me
The Froggits told you enough

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
If Cloud is the last 3rd part character then who would you say the last two characters are?

Wolf and either Isaac or Inkling in my book.

Last edited:

powerprotoman

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5425-9729-7779
your reaction smash NX is announced at e3 touts "all characters and stages from wiiu and 3ds plus all dlc" and then it says " Featuring returning fighters" and it shows ivysaur, squirtle, pichu, young link, ice climbers, and snake
(lets assume for now that wolf is dlc for smash 4 if not add him in plus 1 newcomer ((money being on inklings if they dont get in via the ballot) then it says "and new stages" to which we see poke floats shadow moses, great bay, summit, and a stage based off of gyromite (and venom if wolf is in this reveal plus a stage for the acompanying newcomer)

insane what if scenario but man can you imagine a smash game with every single character

D

Deleted member

your reaction smash NX is announced at e3 touts "all characters and stages from wiiu and 3ds plus all dlc" and then it says " Featuring returning fighters" and it shows ivysaur, squirtle, pichu, young link, ice climbers, and snake
(lets assume for now that wolf is dlc for smash 4 if not add him in plus 1 newcomer ((money being on inklings if they dont get in via the ballot) then it says "and new stages" to which we see poke floats shadow moses, great bay, summit, and a stage based off of gyromite (and venom if wolf is in this reveal plus a stage for the acompanying newcomer)

insane what if scenario but man can you imagine a smash game with every single character
That would honestly be disappointing
First by being a literal port with just the renaining vets and some clones
And "new" stages
Those aren't even new!
Veterans? This late in the game?

It's good to see that I'm not the only one with this opinion here

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
I mean Climbers, Wolf, and Snake are all people I'd be okay with coming back.

But I'd rather newcomers than more people that feels like they just didn't make the cut and thus they waited to finish them later because either of demand or remembering ''Oh yeah, we wanted to add this person again."

Dravidian

Smash Lord
NNID
NeoDeoN
Your reaction if:

Rayman
Banjo
Snake
Wolf
Ice Climbers

All got revealed.

1. Cool!
  2. eh.....he's popular
  3. Kept me waiting, huh? Shooooow time!
  4. Sweet, one my brawl mains is back!
  5. Glad to see they're working on 3DS

I'd be disappointed that they destroyed crossplay by adding characters to a port instead of using that extra effort and time on Smash NX. It's no different from adding a system exclusive character to me.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Yeah, I think veterans would be boring too at this point. I only made a bet that wolf will be in because
1. I kind of have that feeling.
2. I want to see the opposing side with Caliou avatars. :p
3. Even if I loose, It'll probably mean that I win, because that'll most likely mean that a more interesting choice will be in. But if wolf gets in, cool. And I'll see wonderful caliou avies. :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom