• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Swamp's Social Thread 3 - And now, the end is near, and so I face the final curtain...

Should we add a poll to the thread?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Pazzo.

「Livin' On A Prayer」
Oh hey, that Pokken trailer is for today?

How was that game anyway?

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
When it comes to content, I feel it really will all end on this presentation. Ending it with a bang seems appropriate and saves the trouble of giving people false hope. The only thing I can think of is if any character announced would appear later down the line in 2016 but thats it.

Anyway, got Undertale since I finally was able to get more money into my steam account.
I'm stuck at the Toriel fight. I'm not sure what I'm supposed to be doing. Especially in a game where "nobody has to die." I haven't tried the fight option, but I feel that would be the wrong choice.
What did the froggit's say to you

Edit: someone already said that, lol

Last edited:

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Pokkén Tournament is a great game by the looks of it but apparently it didn't do well at all in one of the biggest Japanese arcades and they actually took out the unit as a result.

It's a bit of blow but a lot of sites said everywhere was taking it out which isn't true.

Soul.

Pokkén is good but I'm kinda worried about the content. The character roster it has is fine for an arcade game, but for a console game... eh?

Well I guess it's like SFV. more room to balance.

Oh. Sceptile yay LOL

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Pokkén Tournament Sceptile character reveal trailer has officially dropped!
Sweet. ** Looks like a lot of fun. I like sceptile, Reminds me of much less controversy there is when it comes non crossover fighting game rosters. Where a character can just be in, because hey, they're cool. Erm.... Most of the time anyway.

Last edited by a moderator:

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Sceptile looks like one of the more fun characters to use in the game. I'll be sure to try him out when I get the game.

Soul.

So can we have Swampert now, I mean the Fire/Grass/Water-type pattern from Smash needs to be in Pokkén too!

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
I'm not too fussed about what characters get into Pokken (then again, I'm not even that fussed with Smash at this point).

It might be an unpopular opinion but I hope Greninja gets in because my best friend loves him. And he's kinda grown on me with Smash.

Solfiner

*Those Who Stand Against Our Path*
NNID
Solfiner
3DS FC
1676-3664-3928
Dropping in to hype about SCEPTILE

AW YEAH

BluePikmin11

Akko is my dear daughter!
NNID
blue
I AM FREE OF EXAMS NOW! YAY!

Regarding the veterans:
Ideally, I think every veteran coming back would be great to see happen.
IMO, it would make for the best character game when seeing every veteran fan's request fulfilled.

Ok. So let's look who's going to be at these events.
:4mario::4luigi::4dk::4pikachu: and... Jinbanyan?
BluePikmin11 BluePikmin11
I'm completely aware of the tours. However, I'm too far from any of the malls to go there. ;(

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
Can't wait for the conspiracy theories that Sceptile is in Smash.

Though in all seriousness he looks great. Now all we need is Swampert and the trio is complete.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Sceptile looks great! Wouldn't mind Swampert but as I said, I want each gen to have a rep first before adding in other gen reps.

And the Mercedes Benz Course in Mario Maker is pretty awesome!
Yeah... What's wrong with that?
The game only includes pokemon. Maybe as an avatar but that seems unlikely.

Last edited:

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
Pokkén Tournament Sceptile character reveal trailer has officially dropped!
Not how I would have imagined it's moveset, but I'd be lying if I said I wasn't hyped for it's inclusion. The roster really needed a Grass type and Sceptile is by far my favorite starter.
Just gotta wait for Greninja to be confirmed so we can finish all the obvious additions beyond maybe Zoroark. :4greninja:

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
How to feel melancholy (or if you're in my situation, more melancholy than usual):

Step 1) Listen to the Xenoblade Chronicles title theme on loop for a half an hour.
Step 2) There is no Step 2.

But yeah I have really gotten into the game. I'm near 30 hours now, at the Tomb of the High Entia or whatever it's called.

Yes I know that's basically saying "I've only started". :p

Radical Bones

Soul King
Switch FC
SW-3027-1027-5433
Am I the only one that thought Pokken was better in concept than in execution?

I loved the idea of the game but seeing it in action I probably won't ever buy it. Doesn't really seem like there's a whole lot to do. Arcade makes sense based on content.

DaybreakHorizon

The guy who predicted Sora as Fighter 11
NNID
tehponycorn
3DS FC
4253-3486-4603
I want Swampert to be this really slow and powerful character. I mean, look at this Mega Evolution:

Don't skip Leg Day everyone.

Last edited:

Shroob

Sup?
Am I the only one that thought Pokken was better in concept than in execution?

I loved the idea of the game but seeing it in action I probably won't ever buy it. Doesn't really seem like there's a whole lot to do. Arcade makes sense based on content.
As is, the Roster(And content in general) just feels way too small to be a full on 60$ game.

PushDustIn

Salt Lord
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
PushDustIn
3DS FC
3695-0954-3750
Same here. Once the dust is settled I will be gone.
I will never settle!

PushDustIn PushDustIn : Hey push. I have a quick question for you guys. So, the final presentation for Smash is obviously coming up. In the next couple of days, GameXplain will have a predictions discussion about the Direct.

Would it be possible for you to maybe contact them and see if they could have you as well as maybe some of the SG crew on that discussion at all? It would be really cool to see happen! It could definitely give some more publicity to your website.

Anyone else want to see it happen?
Already asked. If you guys ask too it might make it more likely!

CyberHyperPhoenix CyberHyperPhoenix
Yes SourceCast #6 will be broadcast live through the power of the Internet! We will have a special guest, so please stay tune as I figure everything out and coordinate everyone's schedule!

powerprotoman

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5425-9729-7779
heres what i see happening 2 fire starters 2 water starters 2 grass starters

currently we have charizard, and blaziken
sceptile and ???
and no water starters

my guess? chesnaught for second grass and greninja and feraligator for water
3 megas and 3 non megas

DaybreakHorizon

The guy who predicted Sora as Fighter 11
NNID
tehponycorn
3DS FC
4253-3486-4603
heres what i see happening 2 fire starters 2 water starters 2 grass starters

currently we have charizard, and blaziken
sceptile and ???
and no water starters

my guess? chesnaught for second grass and greninja and feraligator for water
3 megas and 3 non megas
Chesnaught? What even is that thing? How would it even fight? It's kinda sad.

"Please end my pathetic existence."

Greninja and Feraligator would be ok I guess. I'd prefer for more type variety and obscure Pokemon like Suicune. I'd like to see Scizor and Gallade specifically.

OurBraveHero

Smash Lord
NNID
ourbravehero
Chesnaught? What even is that thing? How would it even fight? It's kinda sad.

"Please end my pathetic existence."

Greninja and Feraligator would be ok I guess. I'd prefer for more type variety and obscure Pokemon like Suicune. I'd like to see Scizor and Gallade specifically.
Um... you're joking right? Chesnaught is a FIGHTING type, what do you mean how would it fight? Also, it'd probably be a grappler-tank like Zangief or Armor King most likely. Probably get Super Armor as a special ability.

Edit: Honestly I could see him getting moves like Bowser's throws... in fact. Yeah. Sm4sh Bowser is the perfect example on how it fights. I fully expect a grab where he throws them up and spins around so when they fall on him they get multiple hits from his spikes.

Last edited:

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
For reference, Pokken is still missing a Normal, Rock, Ground, Bug, and Dragon (not including Mega Charizard or Mega Sceptile) Pokemon. Garchamp alone takes care of two of those. :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom