• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Swamp's Social Thread 3 - And now, the end is near, and so I face the final curtain...

Should we add a poll to the thread?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
If you think we'll get more than two new ones you're setting yourself up for disappointment.

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
6660-1506-8804
I just watched the first episode of RWBY
How can someone be so cute and innocent yet still be a badass at the same time?
And I thought this was supposed to be an anime, why are episodes around 10 minutes? Wait, the second one is 6 minutes long, wtf?
RWBY was a completely new venture for RT back then and they wanted to get them out weekly. Episode 2 is Part 1 for that reason. Same with a bunch of other episodes in Volume 1. Combining the multi-parters puts Volume 1 at 10 episodes whilst Volume 2 had 12 episodes + 4 World of Remnant vidoes. Volume 3's plan is the same as Volume 2 in that regard

Last edited:

DMurr

The Radiant Hero
NNID
dmurray9
So...

The final broadcast...

A) Do you think it means we have one more update?
B) Do you think it means this is the last news we will get?
A) I think this is the last set of content, but they'll keep the team around post release to add fixes for any game-breaking bugs that come out with this update.
B) I don't expect anything really after this.

So how many characters do you think we will get from here on?
Two characters, one stage, which.. if I'm correct should be in line with what the data-mined information shows.
To me that says one new series newcomer+stage bundle, and a character from an existing series (maybe newcomer? maybe vet? We have nothing to base it on).

My hope is that we'll get 3 characters and 2 stages, but we'll see what happens! I'm not really setting my sights really high. I'm not even really excited anymore. Ready for it to be over, honestly.

D

Deleted member

RWBY was a completely new venture for RT back then and they wanted to get them out weekly. Episode 2 is Part 1 for that reason. Same with a bunch of other episodes in Volume 1. Combining the multi-parters puts Volume 1 at 10 episodes whilst Volume 2 had 12 episodes + 4 World of Remnant vidoes. Volume 3's plan is the same as Volume 2 in that regard
World of Remnant videos? Are those side stories or something? Because the site where I'm watching says they're OVAs
Oh yeah, and I finally understood that username of yours :p

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
I'll be sticking around here after the direct. And I expect 2-4 characters.

D

Deleted member

I won't quit the site anytime soon. Expect me to get online [on this site] as usual once speculation and DLC end.

Last edited by a moderator:

Pazzo.

「Livin' On A Prayer」
I just got here. You can't get rid of this caffeine affectionado yet.

tsvlink25

Smash Apprentice
NNID
tsvlink25
3DS FC
1719-3628-9238
Les make some New Stage predictions to pass the time! :4pacman:
I'm honestly hoping any of the following happen;

WII U / 3DS
Nintendo Badge Arcade Center

WII U
Paper Mario (3DS)
I love the idea of the badge arcade as a stage. That bunny is freaking adorable.
I also love the idea of a Paper Mario stage on the Wii U--be it the 3DS one, or a different one entirely.
But let's be fair, if we get one and we don't get Paper Mario as well, it'll just feel like a tease :(

So here's to hoping Paper Mario has a chance.

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
So...

How likely would you rate...

At least 2 characters?
At least 3 characters?
At least 4 characters?

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
WHYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY?!

I work the 15th! During the direct. We had a deal, Sakurai. We were brothers! You were suppose to bring balance to the force! Not thrown it into darkness!

I hate you so much I'm going to go live in a desert until it's time eventually for you to kill me.

Still hate you though!

D

Deleted member

So...

At least 2 characters?
At least 3 characters?
At least 4 characters?
At least 2 characters - 100%
At least 3 characters - 5%
At least 4 characters - 2.5%

Last edited by a moderator:

Bedoop

Poyon
NNID
$50.00 / $??.??
3DS FC
0877-1726-4217
So...

At least 2 characters?
At least 3 characters?
At least 4 characters?
Not counting Cloud...
At least 2 Characters = 100%
At least 3 Characters = Less than 50%
At least 4 Characters = Less than 1%

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
Only way I can see there being more than 2 is if there's some clones, semi or no.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Assuming Cloud is NOT included in this:

2 New Characters: 100%

Data, yo.

3 New Characters: 20%

I only feel this is possible because it'd make for an even four-and-four. Two released with Cloud, the other announced, but held off until later. This character will be marketed as a "fans' choice" and be released later on.

4 New Characters: 0%

I really don't think we'd get more than three plus Cloud, and three non-Cloud characters are pushing it, IMO.

Phoenix Wright Trials and Tribulations case 4. Damn. Like. . .Damn. All I can say. Quite the ending

I swear the prosecutors are written infinitely better than every other character. Miles, Franziska, and now Godot are all super awesome. Also The coffee breaking in his hand was badass. No denying it.

Last edited:

Senselessbreak

Smash Lord
So for the the direct I'm predicting the following:

Animal Crossing Guy
Exercise Lady
Astroboy
Elsa
Rocky Balboa
Pokemon XY character
Pluto and Kazooie
Luke Skywalker

Or something like that.

:)

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
I'm telling you guys. 2 others with Cloud. Models of the ballot choices.

Trailers for those will be scattered throughout 2016.

Pazzo.

「Livin' On A Prayer」
Phoenix Wright Trials and Tribulations case 4. Damn. Like. . .Damn. All I can say. Quite the ending

I swear the prosecutors are written infinitely better than every other character. Miles, Franziska, and now Godot are all super awesome. Also The coffee breaking in his hand was badass. No denying it.
I give this assessment a 11/10.

Here, have some coffee.

Godot_Mug_Throw_Objection.gif

Senselessbreak

Smash Lord
So something worth noting. The SK amiibo got delayed until after the direct. For a character that does not belong in Smash, he surely looks more likely every day.

QQ

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
I remember running a tread about straw grasping when the main game speculation was in full swing. Nice to see those times are back. We thought Zelda's phantom was Toon Zelda's other form.

Last edited:

Chrono.

So something worth noting. The SK amiibo got delayed until after the direct. For a character that does not belong in Smash, he surely looks more likely every day.

QQ
The amiibo has nothing to do with Smash.

Plus he only got delayed in Europe.

America doesn't even have the damn thing till next year.

Baskerville

That's a paddlin'
NNID
RedGazelle7
3DS FC
4184-3881-5805

QQ
The amount of fear you have for something like Shovel Knight being in Smash is starting to become funny to me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom