• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Swamp's Social Thread 3 - And now, the end is near, and so I face the final curtain...

Should we add a poll to the thread?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

BluePikmin11

Akko is my dear daughter!
NNID
blue
I think we'll get at least 2 new characters for the broadcast, 80% chance IMO.
3 new characters IMO would be 60%.
4 new characters 40%.
4+ is a 15% for me.

I can't predict Sakurai, but I'm sure the content we'll be getting is huge.

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
I'm still very upset I won't get to watch this live. Almost want to leave my phone at home that day so I don't spoil it for my self accidentally.

I want that hype of Cloud all over again.

SlickWylde

Smash Champion
3DS FC
1349-5237-9158
Chances:

Cloud 0%
2 Characters 0%
3 Characters 0%

Game deleted off your Wii U 100%

Fenriraga

You have the strength to overcome your destiny!
Writing Team
NNID
DarkAura
I'm still very upset I won't get to watch this live. Almost want to leave my phone at home that day so I don't spoil it for my self accidentally.

I want that hype of Cloud all over again.
Don't worry! All you have to do is not go on the internet at all ever for the remainder of your day.

Totally easy, right? Not like we're all connected to it almost all the time or anything :V

Last edited:

egaddmario

Smash Champion
NNID
egaddmario
3DS FC
0946-2409-3627
Chances:
2 Characters (+ Cloud for 3): 100% There's still slots open. I don't think a third would have been added if it wasn't intended on being used.
3 Characters (+ Cloud for 4): 20% I'm keeping my hopes pretty low. That being said, 4 could be wrapped up as a 2nd character pack to go along with Mewtwo, Lucas, Roy, and Ryu's 1st pack.
4 Characters (+ Cloud for 5): 5% I just flat out don't see this as likely. I'd love to be wrong though.

Chrono.

Oh wow, I just found out VGC is allowing box Legendaries.

Which includes Rayquaza

Which means M.Rayquaza

See where I'm going here

Last edited:

Shadowwolflink

Smash Master
It's nice to keep your expectations low and everything, but come on guys, this is most likely the end of Smash 4 DLC, I'm pretty sure we're getting 4 more characters. They just won't all come out any time soon.

So it seems that some people think there will be more DLC announcements after this. Just that this is the last direct but not the end of DLC. More announcements in general directs and such.

Interesting.

AncientTobacco

Smash Lord
So something worth noting. The SK amiibo got delayed until after the direct. For a character that does not belong in Smash, he surely looks more likely every day.

QQ
Am I missing something? I thought pretty much all of the tinfoil theories regarding him have been disproven at this point, and the supposed deadline has long passed.

And for god's sake the amiibo stuff means absolutely nothing. It's not coming out in America until next year because they want to have a sufficient amount at lauch, and only select retailers have delayed it in Europe (without Yacht Club even knowing, apparently).

[Obnoxshush/Dasshizer]

Off floating somewhere
Surprised no one's done it yet.

IT'S THE FINAL DI-RECT!

Do do do do, do do do do do....
Wait are you doing a parody of the next episode?
Because if you are, here are some more lyrics,
Its the one and only W-O-L-F Snoop Wolf!
:awesome:
Note my expectations are low, here are the three most likely reactions I'll have after seeing the direct,

Direct rating: A

Direct rating: F

Direct rating: C

Arcanir

An old friend evolved
NNID
Shoryu91
3DS FC
4253-4855-5860

Which includes Rayquaza

Which means M.Rayquaza

See where I'm going here
I think I have an idea of that...

The scary thing is, Mega Rayquaza isn't the only one to be worried about either, the Primals and Xerneas are going to be crazy to deal with as well. This is either going to have players come up with a very creative strategies around this very powerful threats, or... Well, lets just say that previous VGCs will look completely varied compared to what our new Primal and dragon overlords have in mind.

Last edited:

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Chances:

Cloud 0%
2 Characters 0%
3 Characters 0%

Game deleted off your Wii U 100%
This right here is a very solid prediction! But my Source is Nintendo Antarctica and they said that afterwards your games will be replaced with the new Melee HD. Enjoy my good friend Fox!

Now as for my odds:
2 characters: (this is in addition to cloud) 100%
3 Characters: 30%
4 Characters: 10%

Although I could see:
I'm telling you guys. 2 others with Cloud. Models of the ballot choices.

Trailers for those will be scattered throughout 2016.
this happen at abouut a 60% chance. I wouldn't be surprised if this was like the 50 facts direct and they pulled off new modes, new characters, maybe add on to dlc with customs, and more. I also see new amibo and more. Perhaps a tease at Smash Bros NX to( but I wouldn't hold my breathe on that one)

Now my character picks: (if there are 2 more with cloud that day)
Wolf and shovel Knight. I'll be honest I feel it would need more hype, which is why I have option B:
In additon to those in Option A, We get models as Roger stated for Inklings or K Rool( take your pick) another third party( again take your pick, mine is Banjo) and another un repped series. If inklings happen, I would choose either golden sun or the W101. (let me dream!)

That about wraps up my thoughts.

Last edited:

Fenriraga

You have the strength to overcome your destiny!
Writing Team
NNID
DarkAura
Convenient timing is conveneient

Would play the **** out of "Boogie-Woogie Innocence"
PW:AA Dancing game spinoff confirmed!

...Hey, if Persona and Yokai Watch can get away with it, so can AA.

BluePikmin11

Akko is my dear daughter!
NNID
blue
One thing is for sure, there will certainly be a ton of new Smash reveals.

A skele-ton.

It's been a long time coming, now we finally see the end of DLC on its own.
With developing Smash DLC as of late..

Sakurai has been down to the bone.

If he's going to impress all of us in the Smash broadcast with all of his work...

Sakurai will have to put more backbone into the execution.

:awesome:

Last edited:

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
So it seems that some people think there will be more DLC announcements after this. Just that this is the last direct but not the end of DLC. More announcements in general directs and such.

Interesting.
I mean...

It's relying on a technicality.

Entirely possible though. Nothing to really prove its impossible.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
Xenoblade X will actually lower a boss's level should you have too much difficulty beating them. That's...Awfully nice. At least I know I should grind another 15 levels or so now. Also, I don't think anyone would expect the spoilers in Chapter 5. Jesus christ I can't believe they pulled that off

Senselessbreak

Smash Lord
So Borderlands has an easter egg where you go down a pipe into a Mario inspired level. Surely they have been hinting at a Smash cross over all along.

You know who else makes a cameo in Borderlands?

Minecraft

Steve confirmed

Champ Gold

Smash Scrublord
3DS FC
1779-2820-4833
Switch FC
SW-1452-9841-1035

Which includes Rayquaza

Which means M.Rayquaza

See where I'm going here
Mega Rayquaza is the Akuma of competitive Pokemon and balance in general with that series.
M
He's the one that should be fighting Agumon in Death Battle instead of :4charizard:

D

Deleted member

Xenoblade X will actually lower a boss's level should you have too much difficulty beating them. That's...Awfully nice. At least I know I should grind another 15 levels or so now. Also, I don't think anyone would expect the spoilers in Chapter 5. Jesus christ I can't believe they pulled that off
New feature confirmed for FE Fates! :troll:
I need to hold back looking at spoilers
I know it will be worth it when I get the game
It's just a question if I have to hold back until christmas or next year

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
if your going to fight a mega rayquazza, bring a multiscale, assault vest dragonite. Dragon Rush will easily mess them up.

TheAnvil

Smash Hero
I'm telling you guys. 2 others with Cloud. Models of the ballot choices.

Trailers for those will be scattered throughout 2016.
I feel like people are too willing to overlook this as a possibility. I see this as a scenario as just as likely as "Here's 2 more characters guys, they're all out today, kthxbye".
Though not "Scattered throughout 2016", I can't see DLC going beyond Q1 2016 at the latest.

epicmartin7

Smash Master
NNID
epicmartin
While we're all getting hyped for the presentation coming up next week, this is the perfect remix to fill your hype meters.
This remix has been posted several times, but its such a bad*** remix that you kind of have to.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom