• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Swamp's Social Thread 3 - And now, the end is near, and so I face the final curtain...

Should we add a poll to the thread?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Naoshi

wow this is a custom title
I just feel hiring some actors for non-demanding roles some of them would love to reprise isn't that hard to accomplish.
The actual issue is the royalties VS the limited budget each DLC character has.

You can't just hire any VA and pay little to them.

Last edited:

JamesDNaux

Smash Hero
NNID
JamesDNaux
I have a hard time thinking that Cloud isn't finished. He's coming out in, more likely than not, less than a month. If his voice actor hasn't been contacted yet, which he says he has not, he's most likely speaking Japanese only.
Voice actors are some of the last people to work on a game, what if they only just recorded his Japanese lines in time for the trailer and are getting his other ones done as we speak? What if they're just using a different voice actor? What about Ryu?

It doesn't matter that there's a level of absurdity there. But I don't think the ESRB cares. I have a feeling that the fact that it exists at all is what's hurting Snake. That's really stupid, but I feel that's it.
Swords are as real as mortars or landmines. I know what you mean though, but Snake's moveset was already specifically designed with that in mind, hence why he uses mortars and landmines instead of guns, lethal or not. Melee was rated T without Snake, and I highly doubt Snake kept Brawl's rating at T. Need I also remind of the aforementioned E rated MGS game?

And if it really came down to it, cutting a trophy is one thing, but would Sakurai really hold back a full fighter over it?

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
The DLC could be rated T. How would that change the base games rating, if one could basically think the DLC doesn't exist?
The DLC being T rated would actually change the rating of the base game.

That's what the ESRB website says.

@GoldenYuiitusin has the exact quote.

mark welford

Smash Ace
What more can be said than that Smash is historic in the fact the we got the grandfather of gaming,:4pacman:, the man who singlehandedly saved the gaming industry, :4mario:, the king of platforming, :4megaman:, the second most recognizable video game character, :4sonic:, the mascot of fighting games, :4ryu:, and finally one of the most recognizable RPG characters, :4cloud:. Smash is no longer Nintendo All-Stars, but gaming history All-Stars.

I must ask will anybody have a computer battle with all of them at once?

Naoshi

wow this is a custom title
What more can be said than that Smash is historic in the fact the we got the grandfather of gaming,:4pacman:, the man who singlehandedly saved the gaming industry, :4mario:, the king of platforming, :4megaman:, the second most recognizable video game character, :4sonic:, the mascot of fighting games, :4ryu:, and finally one of the most recognizable RPG characters, :4cloud:. Smash is no longer Nintendo All-Stars, but gaming history All-Stars.

Once I get Amiibos of all of them, it'll be a fantastic show down.

AreJay25

May or May Not Be Pac-Man
Actually, come to think of it, datamining the Wii U version won't tell us anything. RTB confirmed on a few occasions that there aren't any extra files in the updates.

So we're still in the dark in that regard.

Solfiner

*Those Who Stand Against Our Path*
NNID
Solfiner
3DS FC
1676-3664-3928
You know, I kinda want Snake back just for a Hayter comeback.

He really got the short end of the stick and I love him.

And because Snake is an awesome character of course.

Shroob

Sup?
Actually, come to think of it, datamining the Wii U version won't tell us anything. RTB confirmed on a few occasions that there aren't any extra files in the updates.

So we're still in the dark in that regard.
Well then.... Looks like we're pretty much at a standstill with my theory. It can't be proven right or wrong, just assumed.

Shroob

Sup?
I have a twitter I dont use. Mind telling me (exactly) what you would message him?
Seems pretty pointless now. As mentioned on the previous page, the WiiU doesn't have any extra data, just the 3DS.

Meaning I can neither confirm nor deny my theory, just assume it's right due to the _F prefix.

Godzillathewonderdog

Smash Master
I did read, but the different VA thing totally slipped my mind. Brain screwed up for a second. My bad.

You bring up many good points, actually, but I just feel hiring some actors for non-demanding roles some of them would love to reprise isn't that hard to accomplish.

The DLC could be rated T. How would that change the base games rating, if one could basically think the DLC doesn't exist?
It's not that simple.
http://www.mtv.com/news/2456694/esr...intain-original-rating-cant-go-out-of-bounds/

I'd love to see AO rated DLC in an E rated game though :p

Last edited:

mark welford

Smash Ace
Seems pretty pointless now. As mentioned on the previous page, the WiiU doesn't have any extra data, just the 3DS.

Meaning I can neither confirm nor deny my theory, just assume it's right due to the _F prefix.
So if you're theory is correct we could possibly see 1 or 2 more characters coming with cloud?

Luigi The President

Smash Hero

We also have the father of the stealth genre...let's not forget him like Smash 4 did.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
My theory is there is 1 character coming who will not have a stage, meaning that they're either a newcomer from an existing franchise, or Wolf.
Or Ivysaur, Squirtle, Pichu or Young Link if we get technical. You can't tell with the tricksy silent minority.

Last edited:

Shroob

Sup?
Or Ivysaur, Squirtle, Pichu or Young Link if we get technical. You can't tell with the tricksy silent minority.
I don't think these are ballot characters. This character has been in development for as long as Cloud has been. They were part of the original slot drop.

mark welford

Smash Ace
And if Sakurai wants to go through with it. I think he would but you never know.
This too it's just Konami and Sakurai would have to meet eachother halfway.
ember: 223501"]My theory is there is 1 character coming who will not have a stage, meaning that they're either a newcomer from an existing franchise, or Wolf.[/QUOTE]
This is a sound theory bias for Wolf aside.

Fenriraga

You have the strength to overcome your destiny!
Writing Team
NNID
DarkAura
Has there ever been an instance of realistic looking explosive weaponry in an E10 rated game?

You're shooting humans, cursing every second and use realistic artillery at points.

If that atrocious game can get away with an E10 rating just by changing blood color, Snake can get back in Smash.

Last edited:

Chrono.

You're shooting humans, cursing every second and use realistic artillery at points.

If that game can get away with an E10 rating just by changing blood color, Snake can get back in Smash.
Funny thing, this god forsaken game gave birth to the E10 rating in the first place.

Oasis Dealer

"Woah!"
NNID
DarkCloud2469
3DS FC
4639-9066-5866
Ooooh, Snake discussion, I like!

One of things that Sakurai saw that was a problem for Snake were realistic weaponry. He didn't want him having using guns or his knife. The weapons that Snake ended up using were explosives, something Sakurai didn't see as a problem. Considering how the only different looking one was his RPG, his weaponry had cartoony effects to them. Also, his grab is putting opponents into a choke hold. The sound that it makes is him applying pressure to choke them, not snapping their neck.

I could see his side Smash and grab MAYBE being a problem, but that's it. Unless the E10+ rating works in weird ways in which that counts as too much. In the end, I feel like its all up to Konami and Nintnedo to reach an agreement on him being in.

Last edited:

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392

If that atrocious game can get away with an E10 rating just by changing blood color, Snake can get back in Smash.
Hm....

Maybe it can sneak by.

Snake4Smash4

Shadowwolflink

Smash Master
Why do people think Cloud is only going to speak Japanese? It seems pretty obvious that he just wasn't complete yet, especially since voice acting is one of the last things that gets done.

Fenriraga

You have the strength to overcome your destiny!
Writing Team
NNID
DarkAura
Considering Xander himself hasn't even recorded for Cloud yet (he was just as surprised as everyone else), there's still plenty of time to get Steve in to record, stuff like this is always done in one session anyway.

Or they could pull a :4sonic: and just re use lines from other games.

Radical Bones

Soul King
Switch FC
SW-3027-1027-5433
I feel like I should try play FF7, but I really couldn't get into FF10 which is supposed to be quite good.

Maybe I'll stick to Ni No Kuni.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom