• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Swamp's Social Thread 3 - And now, the end is near, and so I face the final curtain...

Should we add a poll to the thread?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

IceBreakerXY

Universal Champion
Shroob Shroob can you explain your theory?Because if we have 3 character slots.AAnd 3 stage slots and cloud takes 1 of both.Doesn't that mean 2 new characters bunded with a stage is more likely than just cloud and 2 characters with 2 random stages thrown in

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
I just realized guys, Snake isn't coming to smash, but someone else from Konami
There was a problem fetching the tweet
:troll:

Shroob

Sup?
Shroob Shroob can you explain your theory?Because if we have 3 character slots.AAnd 3 stage slots and cloud takes 1 of both.Doesn't that mean 2 new characters bunded with a stage is more likely than just cloud and 2 characters with 2 random stages thrown in
My theory was, and still is, that the stage between Mario Maker and Duck Hunt was supposed to be Pirate Ship, but was cut. This is supported by Pirate Ship on the WiiU having a _F prefix, which all shared stages have.

However, since the WiiU doesn't have any hidden info like the 3DS, we can't confirm or deny this.

tl;dr, not 3 stages, but 2, one being Midgar.

Last edited:

IntelliHeath1

Smash Ace
It all falls onto where the stage lies. If it comes before Duck Hunt in the 3DS' list, I'd say it's almost a lock.

AreJay25 AreJay25

But why before Duck Hunt?

EDIT:

Boom. This, imo, STRONGLY implies that Pirate Ship was meant to be on the 3DS, but was cut and replaced with Duck Hunt, meaning that the space between Mario Maker and Duck Hunt was supposed to be Pirate Ship.
That don't really make sense because if they decided to replace Pirate Ship with Duck Hunt, then they would replace the files with Duck Hunt, so the trace would be gone.

Here is my theory from other forum.

Since someone said that we have two more stages which isn't in case. That's big if it's not pirate ship leftover. I strongly believe Cloud and Midgar have been worked on for long time so it might be between Mario Maker and Duck Hunt. So we might have two more stages to go.

Warning: Sorry for lazy edits. I was in rush with the image.

Edited: for people who don't understand the images, there are 6 available slots for stages. Due to omega stages, there are two slots per stages.

D

Deleted member

I remember that I said that if Wolf didn't get confirmed by the end of the year that I would change my avatar to whatever SlickWylde wanted for a month (or two?). I still stand by that bet so if the DLC we get next month is the last wave, we'll know who gets to change the avatar.

This was something I remembered in light of the recent conversation surrounding Wolf that's been going on.

D

Deleted member

Haven't played Guitar Hero 3 in a long time, just played it right now and my arms and hands are killing me after playing "One" by Metallica.

Although, man this game is still loads of fun.

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
I like the general concept Super Princess Peach as far as flipping the damsel trope on its head but it ended up being a bit too on the nose for me to enjoy.

I have to imagine the brainstorming session for that game went pretty much like this.

Peach -> woman -> emotions -> done.

I'm not usually one to unnecessarily involve the topics of sexism in video games, and I don't wish to have this thread devolve back into that kind of discussion, but SPP still comes off a bit insulting. Like Peach finally gets her own game as protagonist, and making her emotionally unstable is the best they could do.

Also having to collect all the Toads in that game before getting to fight Bowser was silly.

The Vibe Scepter is pretty funny though. Subtle Nintendo.

epicmartin7

Smash Master
NNID
epicmartin
PushDustIn PushDustIn : Just curious? What month do you think Mewtwo, Lucas, Roy and Ryu started development? When do you think Cloud started development?

Do you also think Cloud is from the Ballot at all, even including Sakurai's latest tweets (which were precariously translated somewhat by @CyberHyperPhoenix who I assume used Google Translate on it) which may have some impact on that idea/notion?

Last edited:

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
PushDustIn PushDustIn : Just curious? What month do you think Mewtwo, Lucas, Roy and Ryu stated development?

Do you also think Cloud is from the Ballot at all, even including Sakurai's latest tweets (which were precariously translated somewhat by @CyberHyperPhoenix who I assume use Google Translate on it) which may have some impact on that idea/notion?

Please answer this Push!

Also PushDustIn PushDustIn

I demand you guys answer this!

"Boxers or Briefs?"

PushDustIn

Salt Lord
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
PushDustIn
3DS FC
3695-0954-3750
PushDustIn PushDustIn : Just curious? What month do you think Mewtwo, Lucas, Roy and Ryu stated development?

Do you also think Cloud is from the Ballot at all, even including Sakurai's latest tweets (which were precariously translated somewhat by @CyberHyperPhoenix who I assume use Google Translate on it) which may have some impact on that idea/notion?

@Masked Man (仮面の男) will be posting the translations on @AllSourceGaming in a couple of minutes. I need to eat something for breakfast/lunch.

Masked Man, soma and I all believe that Cloud is from the ballot as indicated by Sakurai's previous tweets and his comments in the Lucas, Roy and Ryu article.

D

Deleted member

I demand you guys answer this!

"Boxers or Briefs?"
Boxer briefs. Not joking either.

Like the length plus I like things being as skin tight as possible.

:chuckle: Not for any bad reason, just it makes me walk/move/run faster.

Starlight_Lily

Stage Overflowing with Starlight
Actually I just thought of another question for Ash PushDustIn PushDustIn

why do you feel Zelda Wii U is coming to NX and Wii U, when it seems that in all likely hood Zelda Wii U is almost done?

Shadowwolflink

Smash Master
I don't think placeholder slots are an accurate way to theorize what's going to be announced next month, what's stopping them from just adding the stage and character slots in the update with the stages and characters?

KenboCalrissian

YouTube: SewerBuddies
NNID
KenboCalrissian
3DS FC
2165-5810-5680
Switch FC
SW 5178 3144 4326
KenboCalrissian KenboCalrissian Since there were not six characters, I expect you to play and record this stage! (I tried to make it really hard, but the problem is that I'm not good, so I had to make it easy enough for me to beat lol.)
9421-0000-00E8-5038
You got it - I'll play it some time this week!

Starlight_Lily

I don't think placeholder slots are an accurate way to theorize what's going to be announced next month, what's stopping them from just adding the stage and character slots in the update with the stages and characters?
You see there is a very simple reason to it, by keeping our expectations low, and only thinking 2 more characters are coming, it allows for us to really be hyped when they announce more then 2.

In other words, we don't want to get our hopes up.

DoodleDuck97

Smash Hero
Living in a peacefull place on nowhere islands.
If you are still taking questions regarding the Nintendo Direct PushDustIn PushDustIn
I have two questions.
1.What are your (and other members) stance on Amiibo and are you a collector?
2.Is there anything from the Nintendo Direct that has peeked your interest or any game that was previously announced that your interest has risen in because of what you saw in the Direct.

:4lucas:

Last edited:

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Boxer briefs. Not joking either.

Like the length plus I like things being as skin tight as possible.

:chuckle: Not for any bad reason, just it makes me walk/move/run faster.
Ew...

No. You gotta have so air.

Boys gotta have space.

D

Deleted member

Ew...

No. You gotta have so air.

Boys gotta have space.
That's why you get the right size! The first part was a joke.

Boxers take up too much space in jeans for me and I prefer :4sonic:

Last edited by a moderator:

Shadowwolflink

Smash Master
You see there is a very simple reason to it, by keeping our expectations low, and only thinking 2 more characters are coming, it allows for us to really be hyped when they announce more then 2.

In other words, we don't want to get our hopes up.
I think there's a difference between having low expectations and straight up lying to yourself.

AreJay25

May or May Not Be Pac-Man
PushDustIn PushDustIn

With a major bundle releasing later this year (Smash and Splatoon), as well as a bunch of high profile games releasing next year, how well do you think the Wii U will perform for 2016?

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
I just...

If you lead with Cloud Strife obliterating everyone's minds.

If he's the appetizer? What do you suppose is the main course?

If you start with fresh lobster imported from Maine? What's next?

Starlight_Lily

I think there's a difference between having low expectations and straight up lying to yourself.
Except I do actually genuinely believe we are only getting 2-3 more characters, I acknowledge we may get more, but I think 2-3 is it

Last edited:

Retroend

Retro Gamer
NNID
Re7ron
3DS FC
3669-1436-3958
Switch FC
SW-5947-2141-6122
i'm really wondering what sakurai meant by several characters. few means at least up to 3, several means more than 2, but not by much. if the slots are any indicator, we may end up with 58 characters in total, which is a fine number, but i was hoping for a 60 character roster. i'm actually nervous of who actually won the ballot.

i also think we shouldn't have anymore 3rd party characters, unless its snake, who is a veteran. also i wonder what will happen with wolf?

what i'm expecting:

2 newcomers, no veterans.

what i wish:

wolf and snake come back, and 2 newcomers, preferably king k rool and isaac.

only time will tell.

edit- even though everyone indicates he is a ballot character, some part of me still feels like cloud is pre-ballot, but thats just me.

Last edited:
I just...

Space dragon sauteed in Wolf blood with a side of Crocodile eggs
duh

Holy **** Cloud is brutal

"I'll chop it off"
-Cloud, referring to something Im not sure Smashboards censors

EDIT it gets worse
"I'll rip it off"
-Aeris
"I'll smash it"
-Tifa

Last edited:

Zzuxon

Smash Champion
NNID
zzuxon
3DS FC
3695-0453-0481
I just...

Perhaps...
Banjo and Kazooie?
I Can Dream.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom