• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Swamp's Social Thread 3 - And now, the end is near, and so I face the final curtain...

Should we add a poll to the thread?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Fenriraga

You have the strength to overcome your destiny!
Writing Team
NNID
DarkAura
As someone who doesn't like Cloud's English VA, I can live without it lol.
To be fair, he has gotten SO much better as of late. Like, he can ACTUALLY fluctuate his tone and everything.

Skip to 19:20. It's the most emotion I've ever seen him put into Cloud.

Last edited:

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Considering Xander himself hasn't even recorded for Cloud yet (he was just as surprised as everyone else), there's still plenty of time to get Steve in to record, stuff like this is always done in one session anyway.

Or they could pull a :4sonic: and just re use lines from other games.
Did he say he didn't record or he didn't know? If he didn't know, then I guarantee it's because they give him a list of names and tell him to record them. Chances are Cloud could have been on it, and he wouldn't have a single clue if he was becoming DLC, but it's ok because he did the voice unknowingly and they pay him!

IceBreakerXY

Universal Champion

You're shooting humans, cursing every second and use realistic artillery at points.

If that atrocious game can get away with an E10 rating just by changing blood color, Snake can get back in Smash.
Still cant believe this game got family game of the year 2006

Chrono.

To be fair, he has gotten SO much better as of late. Like, he can ACTUALLY fluctuate his tone and everything.

Skip to 19:20. It's the most emotion I've ever seen him put into Cloud.
He sounds better, I'll give you that.

Shroob

Sup?
So, if my theory is true, we should expect a newcomer from an existing franchise, or Wolf alongside Cloud.

Technically, this is nothing new, considering we pretty much knew we'd be getting more than just Cloud, but I think I've narrowed down our options.

BandanaWaddleDee

Smash Lord
NNID
bdon25
3DS FC
1633-4187-3079
Switch FC
2967-5142-5603

You're shooting humans, cursing every second and use realistic artillery at points.

If that atrocious game can get away with an E10 rating just by changing blood color, Snake can get back in Smash.
Just think, we could have avoided this whole game if Shadow just asked Rouge what happened in his past.

Fenriraga

You have the strength to overcome your destiny!
Writing Team
NNID
DarkAura
Did he say he didn't record or he didn't know? If he didn't know, then I guarantee it's because they give him a list of names and tell him to record them. Chances are Cloud could have been on it, and he wouldn't have a single clue if he was becoming DLC, but it's ok because he did the voice unknowingly and they pay him!
Fair point. I guess we, as usual, gotta play the waiting game to find out.

He sounds better, I'll give you that.
Yeah, it's hilarious to me how his best portrayal of Cloud yet is in a bonus movie on a collection game that is as budgeted as budgets can get. :V

PushDustIn

Salt Lord
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
PushDustIn
3DS FC
3695-0954-3750
Did you guys consider the fact that Duck Hunt might have replaced Pirateship_C (I think 3DS has the _C suffix for copies of Wii U stages, don't quote me on this I need to check the old data mining thread). Therefore it doesn't necessarily mean that the blank spot is for Pirate Ship as the spot it was intended for was replaced with a different port.

But yes, PirateShip has the suffix for Wii U versions of the stage.

Luigi The President

Smash Hero
Did you guys consider the fact that Duck Hunt might have replaced Pirateship_C (I think 3DS has the _C suffix for copies of Wii U stages, don't quote me on this I need to check the old data mining thread). Therefore it doesn't necessarily mean that the blank spot is for Pirate Ship as the spot it was intended for was replaced with a different port.

I don't think any of us except you know what a _C suffix is, Dust, lmao

So basically we have 3 3DS stages left standing?

AreJay25

May or May Not Be Pac-Man

So on this topic, what do you think of my theory that the blank spot is for Midgar?

PushDustIn

Salt Lord
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
PushDustIn
3DS FC
3695-0954-3750
I don't think any of us except you know what a _C suffix is, Dust, lmao

So basically we have 3 3DS stages left standing?
The Wii U and 3DS have their own suffixes for stages they share. It makes sense from a development stand point.

2-3 stages. I think it's too early to commit to this theory.

That being said, I've said in the past that I think Wolf would only get in at the tail end of development (Is Wolf a Shoo In). If DLC ends In December, I fully expect Wolf to be that September slot.

Starlight_Lily

Stage Overflowing with Starlight
i really need modif that avi its gonna keep coming back to bite me in the ***.And yeah while the bet is a good 5% i dont want wolf back.The other 95% comes from the fact that i want a new moveset.Wolf brings something slightly different to the table but at the end of day he just isn't an original moveset.Something i crave and want dearly.Snake,ivysaur and squirtle all have such unqiue and diverse movesets that bringing them back even if there vets feels like i'm getting a newcomer because its a new moveset in smash not a semi-moveset like wolf or a 100% cloned moveset like pichu or young link.It new and if we did get a vet back one of those 3.

Plus pichu is sooo cute.
Well, okay, wanting Pichu cause he's cute, is as good as any reason or wanting him.

Shroob

Sup?
The Wii U and 3DS have their own suffixes for stages they share. It makes sense from a development stand point.

2-3 stages. I think it's too early to commit to this theory.

That being said, I've said in the past that I think Wolf would only get in at the tail end of development (Is Wolf a Shoo In). If DLC ends In December, I fully expect Wolf to be that September slot.
Hm, but that seems slightly illogical, does it not? That September slot came packaged with a stage, no?

Starlight_Lily

Stage Overflowing with Starlight
Just think, we could have avoided this whole game if Shadow just asked Rouge what happened in his past.
Except Rouge has no idea who Maria is, the main reason Shadow wanted his memory back. The only one who knows about Shadow's past completely is probably Eggman, who can't be trusted.

This is something that annoys me about some Sonic fans, yes I don't like that they made Shadow ow the edge incarnate either, but thinking that asking Rouge would help Shadow learn his past is rather silly.

And no you can't tell me, but Rouge as a gun spy, she has access to GUN's data, her access to data is limited, meaning that again only Eggman can give Shadow a full view of his past, and Eggman can't be trusted so it won't be happening.

Now what is stupid is everyone not telling Shadow, you helped us protect the world before, help us again by fighting these Black Doom guys.

Last edited:

Champ Gold

Smash Scrublord
3DS FC
1779-2820-4833
Switch FC
SW-1452-9841-1035
yep.It even beat out super princess peach,nintendogs,Pokemon XD:Gale of Darkness,and super monkey ball?Not kidding
>Family Game of the year
>Super Princess Peach

Why? That game is far from family friendly.

PushDustIn

Salt Lord
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
PushDustIn
3DS FC
3695-0954-3750
Hm, but that seems slightly illogical, does it not? That September slot came packaged with a stage, no?
Well...considering that DuckHunt does not have the _f suffix on the Wii U version (I have the files right in front of me), I don't think it was planned to be ported over.

So on this topic, what do you think of my theory that the blank spot is for Midgar?
I just woke up, haven't seen it yet. I need coffee.

Last edited:

Shroob

Sup?
Well...considering that DuckHunt does not have the _f suffix on the Wii U version (I have the files right in front of me), I don't think it was planned to be ported over.
I'm just saying that I have a hard time believing that the September slot could be Wolf. If it is, then why is it bringing a stage with it?

PushDustIn

Salt Lord
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
PushDustIn
3DS FC
3695-0954-3750
I'm just saying that I have a hard time believing that the September slot could be Wolf. If it is, then why is it bringing a stage with it?
Ah that's true.

Cloud is probably from April. My guess of his timeline:

April -> June character planning (slot added)
June -> December (development/ debugging for 3DS and Wii U, started after Ryu/Roy and Lucas was finished)

Maybe the other April character got his stage shifted to another slot? *throws hands in the air* who knows?

Chrono.

I dont get the joke here as i've never played SPP. Mind filling me in?
Basically the game weaponizes Peach's mood swings.

...Quite literally too. its either bad or horrible depending on who you ask

Last edited:

cmbsfm

Smash Champion
NNID
srmario
Basically the game weaponizes Peach's mood swings.

...Quite literally too. its either bad or horrible depending on who you ask
Didn't the ending imply that player's mother owned a vibrator or something?

Shroob

Sup?
Ah that's true.

Cloud is probably from April. My guess of his timeline:

April -> June character planning (slot added)
June -> December (development/ debugging for 3DS and Wii U, started after Ryu/Roy and Lucas was finished)

Maybe the other April character got his stage shifted to another slot? *throws hands in the air* who knows?
I just find it strange how the stage slots align like so.

Super Mario Maker
*Blank*
Duck Hunt
Blank
Blank

With Pirate Ship having the _F prefix, it really does make it seem like Duck Hunt was a last minute addition. This explains why Duck Hunt doesn't have the _F. It was never planned to be, but it was quickly put together. Explains why the WiiU stage doesn't have the _F.

And then Mr.September went and added that 3rd blank spot.

Last edited:

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
Super Princess Peach was an iconic legendary game that deserves a sequel and anyone who says otherwise is a heathen that must be fed to the Sarlacc pit.

Last edited:

Solfiner

*Those Who Stand Against Our Path*
NNID
Solfiner
3DS FC
1676-3664-3928
Mood swing mechanic overhaul for Peach pls samurai

PushDustIn

Salt Lord
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
PushDustIn
3DS FC
3695-0954-3750
I just find it strange how the stage slots align like so.

Super Mario Maker
*Blank*
Duck Hunt
Blank
Blank

With Pirate Ship having the _F prefix, it really does make it seem like Duck Hunt was a last minute addition. This explains why Duck Hunt doesn't have the _F. It was never planned to be, but it was quickly put together. Explains why the WiiU stage doesn't have the _F.

And then Mr.September went and added that 3rd blank spot.
Basically if my last post didnt make any sense here's what could have happened:

SPECULATED:
Super Mario Maker
--Midgar--
Duck Hunt
--April Slot--
--September Slot--

Making the content work on both the 3DS/ Wii U is pretty difficult. Maybe the "April Slot" stage didnt start development until after Pirate Ship (and eventually Duck Hunt) was decided?

Video game development isn't linear. You have a lot of different parts working on the same time. Sakurai has stated that hes "planning, developing and debugging content at the same time" with DLC.

Shroob

Sup?
Basically if my last post didnt make any sense here's what could have happened:

SPECULATED:
Super Mario Maker
--Midgar--
Duck Hunt
--April Slot--
--September Slot--

Making the content work on both the 3DS/ Wii U is pretty difficult. Maybe the "April Slot" stage didnt start development until after Pirate Ship (and eventually Duck Hunt) was decided?

Video game development isn't linear. You have a lot of different parts working on the same time. Sakurai has stated that hes "planning, developing and debugging content at the same time" with DLC.
This is true, I figure we won't know for certain until the direct.

PushDustIn

Salt Lord
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
PushDustIn
3DS FC
3695-0954-3750
Also, questions for the SourceCast? You can also ask questions for Ash Paulsen! Let me know ASAP.

epicmartin7

Smash Master
NNID
epicmartin
I have an interesting question for you guys.

Do any of you think that all the DLC character announcer clips were from the list of other characters Nintendo used to make sure Xander Mobus leaked the wrong info just in case of a potential leak (not saying the DLC characters were planned that far in advance, just saying if plans changed at all they could just simply take those voice clips for convenience sake), or do you think he records new voice clips for each of them?

EDIT: Just realized this would be a good question for PushDustIn PushDustIn 's SourceCast lol.

Last edited:

Chrono.

Do you guys think we'll get a different Square stage in the 3DS? I dunno if the system is able to handle Midgar tbh.

Remember my question for the podcast. :)
Nah, if Cloud were getting 2 stages, we would've known by now.

The website lists Cloud + Midgar for the 3DS as well lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom