• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Super Smash Flash 2 v0.9b Coming Tonight, Isaac Teased

roymustang1990-

Smash Ace
NNID
RoyMustang1990
As for how I feel about the roster? Lol,dream wish come true,those anime characters never had a chance ,so seeing them be used in a unofficial smash fan made game is awesome.

I also love how people act like they never seen a character in smash bros that had a anime inspired design.Do any of the characters in the legend of Zelda,kid Icarus and fire emblem franchises ring a bell?

Gene

You're a vegetable
NNID
Fairlight92
3DS FC
3411-0266-8945
It took them 7 years and they still have that terrible zoomed in camera? Also you add 4th party anime characters and no Luffy?

I still prefer Smash Bros Crusade as the best fan 2d smash game. Everything feels right when I play it, the camera isn't fixed on C. falcon's nipples all the time, 6 player, a huge roster and counting, online, AND the the 3rd/4th party characters isn't pretty much even with Flash 2's roster.

Is Luigi even in this game?
Nope but they have someone even better. Bleach!:troll:

Last edited:

Bedoop

Poyon
NNID
$50.00 / $??.??
3DS FC
0877-1726-4217
I honestly wonder why everyone is complaining about the roster.
Have you ever tried making a FLASH GAME with SSB Physics, Coding, Characters, Colors, Stages, Music, Items, Hazards and ONLINE?
It's Hard.

Gene

You're a vegetable
NNID
Fairlight92
3DS FC
3411-0266-8945
I honestly wonder why everyone is complaining about the roster.
Have you ever tried making a FLASH GAME with SSB Physics, Coding, Characters, Colors, Stages, Music, Items, Hazards and ONLINE?
It's Hard.
You make a good point. At the end of the day it's still a fan game so the devs can add whoever they want. I still hate that camera.

DANICK

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
0619-4467-3811
Untill the ssb4 dont come, lets play this one

RascalTheCharizard

Smash Ace
Honestly I hate the anime characters for gameplay reasons too. Naruto and Goku are too gimmicky and Ichigo is just bland.

Lloyd all the way bruh. He's super tight. Pretty much how I imagine Roy would play if Sakurai decloned him and did all his moves from scratch.

Ragna22

Smash Ace
I think the best comments here are the complaints about the anime characters. Look guys if you don't like them that's fine but are you really just gonna let it scare you away from the game? I find Naruto and Bleach Boring and I honestly don't think DBZ has aged well at all but I still play the hell out of this lol, hell I don't know a damn thing about Kingdom Hearts nor do I care and I think Sora is super fun to play in this game.

It's free, it's on PC, and it'll probably have better online than Brawl, and if the anime characters really bother you that much you got Bomberman, Megaman, Black Mage, Chibi Robo and Lloyed to balance things out a bit, and don't you WANT to beat up these anime characters? Your chance is here, you know you want to, wanna falcon punch Naruto in the face? You can do that, wanna body the f*** out of Goku with Fox? You can do that too.

Bedoop

Poyon
NNID
$50.00 / $??.??
3DS FC
0877-1726-4217
All I wanna know is can you use a controller for it.
Flash isn't compatible with Controllers yet, but you can use XPadder or Joy2Key to use Controllers with Flash.

Sonsa

Smash Champion
Sooo...is it up yet orrr? I hope they don't delay as usual... I wonder who might be unlockable this time? Captain Falcon was an unlockable surprise in version 0.8 and Jigglypuff in version 0.9. This is just 0.9b, but I still feel we could get an unlockable character because this version adds Marth, Zero Suit, Chibi-Robo, and I think someone else I forget. Who'll it be? Luigi? Roy? Ike? Mr. Incredible? (jk)

Seaa

Smash Rookie
U can use a controller but u gotta use xpadder or joy2key.
I am assuming you need a 'usb to gamecube controller' converter?
edit: where can i find one/what one would you recommend?

Last edited:

The21stSmasher

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
SW-7518-6470-1706
Sooo...is it up yet orrr? I hope they don't delay as usual... I wonder who might be unlockable this time? Captain Falcon was an unlockable surprise in version 0.8 and Jigglypuff in version 0.9. This is just 0.9b, but I still feel we could get an unlockable character because this version adds Marth, Zero Suit, Chibi-Robo, and I think someone else I forget. Who'll it be? Luigi? Roy? Ike? Mr. Incredible? (jk)
I hope so!

Saikyoshi

Smash Master
NNID
KarmaPilcrow
3DS FC
0344-9771-0514
>Sees personal competitive game of choice featured
>Nothing but flames on all pages due to the four characters that WOULD NOT HAVE MADE IT IN IF THEY WEREN'T ALREADY PROGRAMMED BEFORE THE 2010 RETOOL

Do I have to deal with this on every site? Seriously...

Saikyoshi

Smash Master
NNID
KarmaPilcrow
3DS FC
0344-9771-0514
I am assuming you need a 'usb to gamecube controller' converter?
edit: where can i find one/what one would you recommend?
They typically use the one mady by Mayflash, typically found online.

Honestly I hate the anime characters for gameplay reasons too. Naruto and Goku are too gimmicky and Ichigo is just bland.

Lloyd all the way bruh. He's super tight. Pretty much how I imagine Roy would play if Sakurai decloned him and did all his moves from scratch.
Naruto's playstyle is focused on zoning, and Goku's is high risk, high reward. Ichigo has been fixed - watch the direct.

You can dislike them if you want, but the devs did have something competitively clear in mind when making them.

Look at all these characters who aren't ridley!
It's a damn demo. The full release will support DLC.

Last edited:

Squii The Fish

Smash Journeyman
It's a damn demo. The full release will support DLC.
Oh i just wanted to play the regular demo version thankyou. I am glad that this demo now features "damn's" though because I certainly couldn't give one.

... No I joke this game is actually pretty fun, I do look forward to playing the new build despite the roster being a little shonen.

Saikyoshi

Smash Master
NNID
KarmaPilcrow
3DS FC
0344-9771-0514
Oh i just wanted to play the regular demo version thankyou. I am glad that this demo now features "damn's" though because I certainly couldn't give one.

... No I joke this game is actually pretty fun, I do look forward to playing the new build despite the roster being a little shonen.
That, too, is just a relic. The game didn't start taking itself seriously until 2010. The shonens were all programmed before that.

Glad to see a rare sensible person in a SSF2 discussion. :p Looking forward to playing against you online.

Gene

You're a vegetable
NNID
Fairlight92
3DS FC
3411-0266-8945
The Derrit said:
Super Smash Flash 2 is host to characters that would otherwise never be possible in the Smash Brothers series.
When's Banjo & Kazooie?

Last edited:

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
Maybe it's just me but I kinda wanna see Master Chief in it. I mean if anime characters can be in why not non Nintendo characters?

D

Deleted member

Maybe it's just me but I kinda wanna see Master Chief in it. I mean if anime characters can be in why not non Nintendo characters?
They use the same rule as Sakurai: "the character must have appeared in a Nintendo console at least once", they just cut the "the character must have originated from a video game" rule

Saikyoshi

Smash Master
NNID
KarmaPilcrow
3DS FC
0344-9771-0514
Master Chief's been the go-to "total joke" request since at least 2008.

Besides, the devs do have a rule about any characters added appearing on a Nintendo console at least once. The anime characters actually do fit that requirement.

When's Banjo & Kazooie?
They're not in Crusade, either. :p
And I'm sure they'll be added as DLC if not unlockable in the full game.

They use the same rule as Sakurai: "the character must have appeared in a Nintendo console at least once", they just cut the "the character must have originated from a video game" rule
Even that rule was reinstated in 2010.

Last edited:

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
Master Chief's been the go-to "total joke" request since at least 2008.

Besides, the devs do have a rule about any characters added appearing on a Nintendo console at least once. The anime characters actually do fit that requirement.

They're not in Crusade, either. :p
And I'm sure they'll be added as DLC if not unlockable in the full game.

Even that rule was reinstated in 2010.
Well that makes sense... in that case Batman!

WT!

Smash Journeyman
NNID
WT_Smash
3DS FC
4597-0015-7814
Switch FC
SW-3650-7945-8401
Add Toad! This is the one thing that makes Crusade better!

roymustang1990-

Smash Ace
NNID
RoyMustang1990
It's still bothers me to see all the backlash these anime characters are getting,all for,being included in a FAN MADE FIGHTING GAME,an environment they can truly blend it without coming off as awkward especially when you go and watch their respective shows,and the very essence of those shows are about,FIGHTING.

Last edited:

NintyTheRagekid

Smash Apprentice
NNID
NintyTheRageKid
3DS FC
5455-9431-1608
Switch FC
SW-2209-3322-3333
Well...

Top Bottom