• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Super Smash Bros. Melee tourney in New York, NY February 23

Dark.Pch

Smash Legend
NNID
Dark.Pch
3DS FC
5413-0118-3799
I would go and like to help out. But I'm afraid I cant. I screwed up on something so I cant play and enter tournaments for a while.

This is the first Local Brawl tourny no? If so then Hope it goes Well. Good luck to the holder of it.

chainsaw2x333

Smash Cadet
dats sad how people are willing to just lose for the hell of it.........if i play P C im going all out against him, without gay *** wavedashing......**** is going down 2morow :dizzy:

Hax

Smash Champion
is there an age limit for the tournament. or do you have to go with an adult if your a certain age. i'm gonna get ripped apart here. I can't believe PC Chris will be there. That's gonna be so cool. I hope i play him so i can lose. i never entered a tournament before. I wanna beat at least 2 people. Oh and my friend is coming too. I guess he has to sign up. PC Chris has to get himself a new gamertag. It basically says I'm a super nerd and proud of it. lol
LMFAO you sound exactly like me... 2 years ago

kwit life this tourney should be fun before break is over lol

M-80

Smash Cadet
i knew about washdashing since melee came out, i just dont like it.....its like steroids in sports

i guess u can say its like steroids in sports seeing how wavedashing (steroids) gives an advantage to people who use it against people who dont know how to wavedash(people who dont take steroids) But wavedashing unlike steroids isnt illegal and is a skill that is more than useful in a number of ways and just because you cant do it doesnt mean it isnt a gay technique its just an advance technique u need to implement if u wanna be great in the game :chuckle: and if u hate wavedashing than u should hate all other glitches

chainsaw2x333

Smash Cadet
i guess u can say its like steroids in sports seeing how wavedashing (steroids) gives an advantage to people who use it against people who dont know how to wavedash(people who dont take steroids) But wavedashing unlike steroids isnt illegal and is a skill that is more than useful in a number of ways and just because you cant do it doesnt mean it isnt a gay technique its just an advance technique u need to implement if u wanna be great in the game :chuckle: and if u hate wavedashing than u should hate all other glitches

glitches that make other people win do suck....cuz glitching isnt skill....like if u lag in halo

M-80

Smash Cadet
glitches that make other people win do suck....cuz glitching isnt skill....like if u lag in halo
But it does take skill to do the same glitch right each time and use it to your advantage its not like nesses yo-yo glitch which is absolute cheating or the black hole glitch those arent like wavedashing so wavedashing should be the least of your worries

Dark.Pch

Smash Legend
NNID
Dark.Pch
3DS FC
5413-0118-3799
Chainsaw, you know what this game is about right. What one must do to win?

Wavedashing and Lcancel is needed to win. It can make slow characters really fast. Its a tool to use well. You have tools to help you win? Then use them. You cant expect to win or thing of people differently cause they use these tools. But once you learn how to use these tools, dont think you can win now. You gotta have a brain. Play smart and think.

Most people dont think. They shoot out attacks hoping they will hit. This is not what its about. You wanna land your attacks. make sure you know they are gonna hit. Not buttom smash and hope your enemy will run into them. So Wavedashing and etc is not a drug. If you wanna win, you gotta learn all this stuff and use it. or else you wont have a chance if you play to win.

chainsaw2x333

Smash Cadet
But it does take skill to do the same glitch right each time and use it to your advantage its not like nesses yo-yo glitch which is absolute cheating or the black hole glitch those arent like wavedashing so wavedashing should be the least of your worries
dats tru...plus the more wavedashers the more comp so BRING IT ON!!!!!!!! plus wave dashing isn't in brawl so enjoy it while u can lmao:chuckle:

chainsaw2x333

Smash Cadet
Wavedashing and Lcancel is needed to win. It can make slow characters really fast. Its a tool to use well. You have tools to help you win? Then use them. You cant expect to win or thing of people differently cause they use these tools. But once you learn how to use these tools, dont think you can win now. You gotta have a brain. Play smart and think.
QUOTE]

well i main ganondorf so belive me when i say i kno slow characters, cuz i was actually gonna learn wavedashing but then i thought if i didn't it could be like rock lee wearing his leg wieghts

Dark.Pch

Smash Legend
NNID
Dark.Pch
3DS FC
5413-0118-3799
With a Character like ganon, you NEED all that stuff with him or your not even gona pull what Rock Lee does.

KingLe3

Smash Cadet
sweet got new INFO on torney i will win the Smash torney and i wil rule all dash dash rocket in ur face lol na jk i dont play anymore umm gpood luck for all those who r coming i will check forums later again to sign who else signed up so 12am is last time to sig up so do it also email me adejesus212@gmail.com much ezier for me

chainsaw2x333

Smash Cadet
well jus look for a short lighted skinned puerto rican kid 2morow and tell me firsthand if its really nesscary to use tho tricks to win, plus the challenge makes it all the more fun....or i can get yoshi to handle the job

chainsaw2x333

Smash Cadet
of course not im not saying ima take it easy, im jus sayin im repping all the non wavedashing ganons out there.......and y do i feel like i kno u from somewhere m-80?

Cia

das kwl
don't waste your time arguing with the "wave dashing is cheap" community. they're USUALLY just nubs who ACTUALLY were NOT technical enough to wavedash fluidly.by calling it "cheap," they have an excuse for why they can't do it

oh, and if I happen to play anyone who thinks advanced tactics are cheap in tournament, tell me so before the match. this way I will restrict myself to the most basic fighting tactics and camp you like you've never seen in your life.

than you'll want me to use advanced tactics ^_^

M-80

Smash Cadet
don't waste your time arguing with the "wave dashing is cheap" community. they're USUALLY just nubs who ACTUALLY were NOT technical enough to wavedash fluidly.by calling it "cheap," they have an excuse for why they can't do it
Vanz that is true but i try to explain why its a good technique to use so they know that it isnt gay but advance thats all but i agree with everything u said just now they cant do it so they make fun of it so they feel better at not being able to perform at competitive levels

Snakeee

Smash Master
I was actually thinking the same thing Vanz, just about everyone that thinks that way wouldn't be able to win regardless so yeah I'll TRY not to use anything advanced against you guys. (sometimes I do it out of habit though).

Oh yeah and just so you know Vanz, I think advanced techniques are cheap. I'm telling you now so don't use them on me in the tourney ok? Thanks :)

crismas

Smash Master
NNID
crismaspresents
Oh shoot I was about to post up my info but my bf got it already lolz. But yeah I'm def gonna try and be at this :)

chainsaw2x333

Smash Cadet
LMAO i didn't know i would piss so many people off, but good luck to the wave dashers, and non- wave dashers! lets hope this torny kicks a$$!!!! ima puff a blunt...i'll see ya'll there

P.c. Chris

Smash Lord
wavedashing is not a glitch they have an animation for airdodging so close to the ground, Why would they make an animation for wavedashing if it wasn't meant to be there? Its the physics of the game. As for wavedashing being like steroids thats ********. It's an advanced tactic every thing thats competitive has advanced tactics. In basketball if you dunk on someone is it cheap or usuing steriods, no not at all lol. Sadly scrubs need to realize that all competitive gaming or sports or anything competitive have advanced tactics and its usually what seperates the good players from the scrubs who are too stubborn to learn it.

Either way be there in 20 mins LOL.

Captainanthony

Smash Rookie
i came and lost round 1! :[ oh well better luck next time. My first tourney. I was number 999. and i met a ton of people that are apparently on here, like mayo and pcchris or something.. yeah

PiSToLZ

Smash Lord
Mains- Lucario, Falco, and Meta Knight Seconda
I went to the tourney...I lost 1st round but i met a lot f people and I got to show off my skills. I was number 44 and i versed number 14...I used marth and he used samus...If I knew i could use another character i would have used Ness or Young Link cause they are my other best characters...Yea so I lost, but i saw p.c. Chris's round it was sick...He used Peach it was unbelievable...Also the round with number 93 and 3 (im not sure) he used captain falcon and moonwalked...So Aesome...It was worth it even though i payed 5 dollars for 3 matches....Oh well that's life...Request me to be your buddy...Im beter with brawl because i went to animation odyssey and i enetered a japenese brawl tornament...Cya

Top Bottom