• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Super Smash Bros. Melee tourney in New York, NY February 23

KingLe3

Smash Cadet
Also like i said if the more people coming the better the prize just put Brawl up there to get people to come but now that a lot more [people r coming then i thought the prizes r going up meaning much better ones so lets go lol

Yoshistar64

Smash Journeyman
Also like i said if the more people coming the better the prize just put Brawl up there to get people to come but now that a lot more [people r coming then i thought the prizes r going up meaning much better ones so lets go lol
I know I didn't come because of Brawl. I know I'm not going to win. But I came because I could.

Snakeee

Smash Master
Ok, don't really think I'm going now...my limit is one trip to the city for smash per week lol. So, I'm probably going to the weekly over this, sorry. (edit: unless the weekly ends up sucking because of stupid controversy over brawl.)

kenhead

Smash Apprentice
ok hold up

I want to join this, but if i have to go to the store early to sign up i won't
also with the gamer tag do you just make it up cause i've never been to a tornament.
my email is kenhead378@yahoo.com
if you just make up a gamer tag mine will be kenhead i guess.

Yoshistar64

Smash Journeyman
ok hold up

I want to join this, but if i have to go to the store early to sign up i won't
also with the gamer tag do you just make it up cause i've never been to a tornament.
my email is kenhead378@yahoo.com
if you just make up a gamer tag mine will be kenhead i guess.
Yup, just make it up.

And you sign up by emailing him or posting your tag name on the forums.

KingLe3

Smash Cadet
so its going to have at least 6 set ups on 6 LCD TV's and Wiis and some Game cubes

Cia

das kwl
Well, not really obviously, because the winner gets a copy of the American version of Brawl.

... I'm starting to think if that's legal~
umm.. it is legal. when u win the tournament, u'll get a voucher that lets u go back to circuit city and get ur free copy of brawl. any other prizes will be given you as soon as possible depending on what they are. circuit city is NOT looking to make a profit. so all money will go into prizes with the "minimum" prize being an american copy of brawl (upon its release)

Yoshistar64

Smash Journeyman
umm.. it is legal. when u win the tournament, u'll get a voucher that lets u go back to circuit city and get ur free copy of brawl. any other prizes will be given you as soon as possible depending on what they are. circuit city is NOT looking to make a profit. so all money will go into prizes with the "minimum" prize being an american copy of brawl (upon its release)
Now it all makes sense...

KingLe3

Smash Cadet
yes so what means Friday is ur last night to sign up for the Torney so we have many people signed up more then 50 so that means the prizes r going up so u will know what there r ASAP so dont worry but i grantee there will be a 1.2.3 place prizes so dot worry guys so SIGN Up lmao and please attend

Yoshistar64

Smash Journeyman
Well this is a predicament.

Do we have to be there anytime before 12:00? Or may we make it at 12:00 sharp?

KingLe3

Smash Cadet
u have to be there at 12pm and we will set everybody up and the torney i say might start as soon as 1230 or 1pm kk

NY-Beast

Smash Apprentice
So with currently over 50 people and 6 setups , if 6 people play at once , lets say there are 60 people. If 6 people play at once we need to do 10 matches for all 60 to play. Lets say matches last 5 minutes each. That makes it 60/6 = 10 , 10 matches 5 min long. 10X5 = 50.

So about an hour for the first round. Then the next is about half the people so it's 25. Then again half and half and half untill a winner. Then the LB blah blah. So how long will this tourney be?

What is the max. time?

Cia

das kwl
the tournament will go from 12 - end of grand finals. you can't accurately pin-point the end of the tournament because we may have a bunch of fox dittos on yoshi's story, or a bunch of jiggz dittos on dreamland.

alex said that we will have at LEAST six tvs and he's pushing to get me more.

M-80

Smash Cadet
I cant wait to go i know i might not win since i am just starting but i wanna keep trying to get better so thats why i am going i just cant wait until i see some true skill from all of you

Snakeee

Smash Master
Ok me and Shadow are going to this....somehow there's alot more people going there than the weekly which I cannot understand but whatever, and the weather is crap today. So if you took us off the list or something, put us back on. Good luck to everyone

Alukard

Smash Hero
well ... now its ... PC vs. vanz or jman lololol ... wishes whoever plays pc luck lol ... either way SWAT is taking this ... cuz PC wants to join us ^_-

kenhead

Smash Apprentice
is there an age limit for the tournament. or do you have to go with an adult if your a certain age. i'm gonna get ripped apart here. I can't believe PC Chris will be there. That's gonna be so cool. I hope i play him so i can lose. i never entered a tournament before. I wanna beat at least 2 people. Oh and my friend is coming too. I guess he has to sign up. PC Chris has to get himself a new gamertag. It basically says I'm a super nerd and proud of it. lol

Snakeee

Smash Master
is there an age limit for the tournament. or do you have to go with an adult if your a certain age. i'm gonna get ripped apart here. I can't believe PC Chris will be there. That's gonna be so cool. I hope i play him so i can lose. i never entered a tournament before. I wanna beat at least 2 people. Oh and my friend is coming too. I guess he has to sign up. PC Chris has to get himself a new gamertag. It basically says I'm a super nerd and proud of it. lol
What a n00b -_- . I wouldn't have said anything if you didn't call PC a super nerd.

KingLe3

Smash Cadet
No tube TV's those r old as f&*^ so LCD's only :) so yeah hope to see all u tomrrow guys

also will fix the TVs not to lag

Top Bottom