• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Super Smash Bros. for 3DS/WiiU - Stage Contest - Round 14 - Kid Icarus

Phaazoid

Basket
NNID
Mr.Grike
3DS FC
4854-6444-0859
Congrats to the winner!

I realize I didn't go nearly all out that last round as for the Metroid one, but I'll be honest, there was a huge difference in how much time I thought about each of those respective stages. Still, I'm happy with how it turned out, and pleasantly surprised with how it was received (I did think it was funny that there was such a difference in Custom Robo's popularity score. Give a bit about perspective, I think) .

Good luck on the next round everybody : )

Last edited:

Kevandre

Ivy WAS Saurly missed
NNID
Kevandre
3DS FC
1736-1095-5393
Switch FC
SW-2226-3590-9812
Your contradictory hints will not stop me! I shall crack the code!

"Prepare Yourself" - Falco's quote. What is Falco? A pilot. Pilots fly things. What else can fly? Falcons. Like Captain Falcon, shown in the second hint - "Show us your moves". Falco. Falcon. Both drive vehicles. Both tell the people to do something. Clearly, Falcon and Falco are one in the same. Captain Falcon confirmed to have Falco as an alternate costume. "Witness true power" - power. Witnessable power. What kind of power can be witnessed? Electricity. Who uses electricity? Robin. A character revealed at the same time as Captain Falcon. Now hang on a second - Robin? Falcon? Falco? All have something in common - the letter "O" appears once in their names. "O" is a circle. Who else is circular? That's right - Jigglypuff, seen from above. Jigglypuff confirmed for smash 4. But what does Jigglypuff have to do with stage contests, you ask? Nothing - and that's exactly how D-idara wants it. He's trying to throw us off the scent, by leading us in the wrong direction. Obviously then, the next contest will be the opposite of Pokemon. But what is the opposite of pokemon? Lots of things. It's anyone's game - just like Tetris. Tetris can be played by anyone. What can't be played by anyone? Music. The best component of any game. So of course, the answer has been found. The next round will be the round for the game with the best music. Which game has the best music? It's been staring us in the face all along:

Rhythm Heaven. The Gematsu leaker has been found, and it was D-idara all along.

100% confirmed.

10/10, would conspiracy again.

Nice try D-idara, but the case has been cracked.
See, for whatever reason, I was thinking it was Ike (I'm pretty sure he taunts with "Prepare yourself!"), Cap Falcon &... Shadow? My mind leapt to Shadow the Hedgehog for "witness my true power!" and incredible life form etc

D-idara

Banned via Administration
NNID
D-idara
3DS FC
4511-0670-4622
Actually...the new Captain America will be african-american, the person who will replace him was Falcon, this means that the new Captain America will actually be Captain Falcon...it'll be a Marvel/Disney round! >:1

Or not...the next round will be Illuminati.

Last edited:

TheMarioaddict

Smash Journeyman
NNID
TheMarioaddict
3DS FC
0130-1812-3778
Switch FC
SW-4314-7715-8313
See, for whatever reason, I was thinking it was Ike (I'm pretty sure he taunts with "Prepare yourself!")
...well ****, you're right. Great, now I have to go and redo all of my carefully thought out conspiracy.

Kevandre

Ivy WAS Saurly missed
NNID
Kevandre
3DS FC
1736-1095-5393
Switch FC
SW-2226-3590-9812
Actually...the new Captain America will be african-american, the person who will replace him was Falcon, this means that the new Captain America will actually be Captain Falcon...it'll be a Marvel/Disney round! >:1

Or not...the next round will be Illuminati.
That makes sense since the character using a Thor related move is already either male or female.

Kevandre

Ivy WAS Saurly missed
NNID
Kevandre
3DS FC
1736-1095-5393
Switch FC
SW-2226-3590-9812
2 meta 5 me
Meta Knight confirmed
Meta Knight is about half the size of a man.
Meta Knight has a life.
Meta Knight first appeared in the third Smash game...
Ridley confirmed
You see, the joke here being that you thought I'd say Half Life 3 confirmed. Humor has never known any bounds

Phaazoid

Basket
NNID
Mr.Grike
3DS FC
4854-6444-0859
Meta Knight confirmed
Meta Knight is about half the size of a man.
Meta Knight has a life.
Meta Knight first appeared in the third Smash game...
Ridley confirmed
You see, the joke here being that you thought I'd say Half Life 3 confirmed. Humor has never known any bounds
I actually clicked those from last to first which broke the bounds of the joke :p

Next stage contest should be a meta stage contest. Who's discussion about the stage contest is best @,@

Kevandre

Ivy WAS Saurly missed
NNID
Kevandre
3DS FC
1736-1095-5393
Switch FC
SW-2226-3590-9812
I actually clicked those from last to first which broke the bounds of the joke :p

Next stage contest should be a meta stage contest. Who's discussion about the stage contest is best @,@
I did a similar yet better thing in the Paper Mario thread. Please hold.

Here it is. The logic is infallible

Hmm...

HMM...

Chrom was defeated in yesterday's trailer by Captain Falcon.

Captain Falcon is playable but Chrom is not.

Chrom is dressed like an X Naut.

The X Nauts were defeated by Paper Mario.

I think that means Paper Mario is confirmed, you guys.

TheMarioaddict

Smash Journeyman
NNID
TheMarioaddict
3DS FC
0130-1812-3778
Switch FC
SW-4314-7715-8313
...*cough* *cough*

So... how about that next round? When will that be a-startin'?

Phaazoid

Basket
NNID
Mr.Grike
3DS FC
4854-6444-0859
Oh, don't worry. I doubt it'll take more than a month to start. Optimistically, we'll start by around the time the game comes out!

:p

D-idara

NNID
D-idara
3DS FC
4511-0670-4622
Keep talkin' like that and we'll postpone the contest until Smash 6 gets announced.:4dedede:
I can bet you Sonic will still have the most irrelevant location from his latest game and there will be no Planet Wisp, City Escape, Rooftop Run or Chemical Plant in sight!

TheMarioaddict

Smash Journeyman
NNID
TheMarioaddict
3DS FC
0130-1812-3778
Switch FC
SW-4314-7715-8313
I can bet you Sonic will still have the most irrelevant location from his latest game and there will be no Planet Wisp, City Escape, Rooftop Run or Chemical Plant in sight!
I can fix that if you announce a Sonic Wii U round.

Last edited:

Kevandre

Ivy WAS Saurly missed
NNID
Kevandre
3DS FC
1736-1095-5393
Switch FC
SW-2226-3590-9812
I've been sick the last couple days so if it goes up and I'm not quick to the punch that'd be why. Still looking forward to it

TheMarioaddict

Smash Journeyman
NNID
TheMarioaddict
3DS FC
0130-1812-3778
Switch FC
SW-4314-7715-8313
So about this banner...
Clearly, this is going to be a banner so gloriously beautiful that no one shall be able to safely gaze upon it. It will go on to win awards, prizes, and every single person on earth will love it. Yes, every single one. History books shall be written about it, nations will rise and fall, and that banner will still stand; a magnificence never to be matched again.

That's why it's taking so long to make - you can't rush perfection, after all.

Last edited:

D-idara

NNID
D-idara
3DS FC
4511-0670-4622
You guys realize how hard it is to represent Pokemon's handheld history on a single Pokeball-shaped banner!?

Edit: OOPS! I LEAKED THE ROUND BY RANTING...I'M SORRY, BRIDGES, ASCENDED AND ZZUXON :C I blew it...I just finished my final assignment and I needed somewhere to vent out the frustration :v

Last edited:

TheMarioaddict

Smash Journeyman
NNID
TheMarioaddict
3DS FC
0130-1812-3778
Switch FC
SW-4314-7715-8313
If it IS actually pokemon, I've got the perfect stage all made up for it.

Otherwise... I still have some stages stockpiled, but we'll have to see if the round fits the bill.

I just finished my final assignment and I needed somewhere to vent out the frustration :v
It's ok. You can cry on my shoulder, if it makes you feel better.

Last edited:

Kevandre

Ivy WAS Saurly missed
NNID
Kevandre
3DS FC
1736-1095-5393
Switch FC
SW-2226-3590-9812
Autowin to me right there.
I doubt anyone else in this contest knows Digimon like I do, I've seen every series multiple times and even lost a youtube account to copyright infringement when I tried to share my passion for the show.
See, I know jack about Digimon so I'd be totally screwed here. I was a Pokemon fanboy as a kid so I completely disregarded Digimon and Yugioh. I still despise the latter

ryuu seika

Smash Master
See, I know jack about Digimon so I'd be totally screwed here. I was a Pokemon fanboy as a kid so I completely disregarded Digimon and Yugioh. I still despise the latter
I watched all 3 in turn. Gen 1 was great at the time but I grew out of Pokemon not long after I Digimon taught me you could have a non-abusive relationship with weird mutant animals. Yugioh was entirely unrelated and went down hill when GX and 5Ds came out.

Top Bottom