• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Super Smash Bros. for 3DS/WiiU - Stage Contest - Round 14 - Kid Icarus

Kevandre

Ivy WAS Saurly missed
NNID
Kevandre
3DS FC
1736-1095-5393
Switch FC
SW-2226-3590-9812
Holy crap, you guys. Today's my birthday... My coworkers paid off my reserves for Smash Wii U and Omega Ruby. I also have an army of Dr. Pepper with some Code Red and Pibb mixed in. My cubicle is decked out as hell with Pokemon and Legend of Korra stuff. Hopefully grades will be up today because that would complete my day even if I don't win

Phaazoid

Basket
NNID
Mr.Grike
3DS FC
4854-6444-0859
Holy crap, you guys. Today's my birthday... My coworkers paid off my reserves for Smash Wii U and Omega Ruby. I also have an army of Dr. Pepper with some Code Red and Pibb mixed in. My cubicle is decked out as hell with Pokemon and Legend of Korra stuff. Hopefully grades will be up today because that would complete my day even if I don't win
Haha, happy birthday man!

That sounds like an awesome office culture you got going on. I'm kinda jealous; I'm at a big government place where you need a clearance just to be in the building, so everyone's just kinda somber.

If I were a judge I'd totally finish up my grading after reading that post.

coughcough

I'll uh, send a separate birthday present your way

Last edited:

Kevandre

Ivy WAS Saurly missed
NNID
Kevandre
3DS FC
1736-1095-5393
Switch FC
SW-2226-3590-9812
Haha, happy birthday man!

That sounds like an awesome office culture you got going on. I'm kinda jealous; I'm at a big government place where you need a clearance just to be in the building, so everyone's just kinda somber.

If I were a judge I'd totally finish up my grading after reading that post.

coughcough

I'll uh, send a separate birthday present your way
It's all good man. They gave the Gamestop receipts to me as a way of telling me of the preorders... My coworker knows who I main since she drew this on...
IMG_20140718_092946.jpg

D-idara

Banned via Administration
NNID
D-idara
3DS FC
4511-0670-4622
Holy crap! Congratulations! :D Happy Birthday! I'll try to get the grades up today, but even if I don't, Happy Burfday.

TheMarioaddict

Smash Journeyman
NNID
TheMarioaddict
3DS FC
0130-1812-3778
Switch FC
SW-4314-7715-8313
Happy Birthday, dude!

BridgesWithTurtles

Smash Champion
3DS FC
3523-2059-7939
There were some awesome ideas this round, I agree. So many entries, so many franchises. I'm glad this won out over Sonic now, even though I was hoping for sonic to win earlier.
Look forward to Sonic too of course, as we may eventually be doing a round or two for that series as well. Will we go with 3DS or Wii U first? Who knows? That's the fun.

Happy birthday also, to @ Kevandre Kevandre . Sounds like you had an amazing day. I can't make any birthday promises that grades will be out today, so don't set yourself up for disappointment. Enjoy what you've already been blessed with, though.

Last edited:

Kevandre

Ivy WAS Saurly missed
NNID
Kevandre
3DS FC
1736-1095-5393
Switch FC
SW-2226-3590-9812
That's all good. I'm hoping but not expecting

Edit: Jesus that sounds like I'm pregnant

Last edited:

Kevandre

Ivy WAS Saurly missed
NNID
Kevandre
3DS FC
1736-1095-5393
Switch FC
SW-2226-3590-9812
So, any progress? I'm itching for results!!!!!!!!!!

I should have that checked out.

TheMarioaddict

Smash Journeyman
NNID
TheMarioaddict
3DS FC
0130-1812-3778
Switch FC
SW-4314-7715-8313
So, any progress? I'm itching for results!!!!!!!!!!

I should have that checked out.
Don't worry, I'm probably a Doctor.

It would seem that you are suffering from HDS, or "Hype Deficiency Syndrome". I recommend that you hype yourself up for 3 straight hours. I'll write you a prescription for Hype Supplement Pills as well, just to be on the safe side.

Remember kids, always hype yourself up at least 4 times a day, or you could get HDS as well.

Last edited:

Kevandre

Ivy WAS Saurly missed
NNID
Kevandre
3DS FC
1736-1095-5393
Switch FC
SW-2226-3590-9812

It would seem that you are suffering from HDS, or "Hype Deficiency Syndrome". I recommend that you hype yourself up for 3 straight hours. I'll write you a prescription for Hype Supplement Pills as well, just to be on the safe side.

Remember kids, always hype yourself up at least 4 times a day, or you could get HDS as well.
It's cool. I'll just reread Scott Pilgrim to pass the time, lol

D-idara

NNID
D-idara
3DS FC
4511-0670-4622

I never forget to watch the Robin & Lucina Trailer at least 2 times a day!

evildevil97

Smash Apprentice
NNID
evildevil97
Every time I see this thread has new posts, I keep getting disappointed that the results aren't in yet.

Kevandre

Ivy WAS Saurly missed
NNID
Kevandre
3DS FC
1736-1095-5393
Switch FC
SW-2226-3590-9812
I'm with you bro. Definitely needing those results and next round

Zzuxon

Smash Champion
NNID
zzuxon
3DS FC
3695-0453-0481
Sorry. I'm in a weird spot, but I promise I'll finish soon.

D-idara

NNID
D-idara
3DS FC
4511-0670-4622
I'm done with 'dem grades!
Now here's the stage I would've made for this round! :v

Red Dozer Truck

Game Of Origin: Drill Dozer (GBA)
This would be a sort of travelling stage...but less like Skyloft or Delfino Plaza and more like Pirate Ship if it had actual Wind Waker Islands on the background, the Red Dozer Truck will always be moving at high speeds, which will be shown with a wind effect and a slight motion blur on the background to show how fast the truck's going. The truck will progress through several areas of the game with fluid, often hilarious transitions, but first, the actual layout!

Layout

Red:
Drop-through platform.
Blue: Solid Ground.
Yellow: Grabbable Ledge.
Green: Hazard with tornado effect (Master Hand's spinning attack, Mario Tornado...).
Ground: Damage-dealing hitbox, like Port Town Aerodive.

The layout's fairly simple, a main drop-through area with grabbable ledges and a slope with two smaller solid areas, all with ledges that can be grabbed! Also, when you land on top of Grutch (The old man) you can footstool upwards like you would normally do off another fighter's head, he will turn angry for a few seconds and wave his fist angrily before calming down.

Sometimes, when the stage transition requires the truck plowing through a wall, the drill on the front will come out and spin to help break the wall (The walls on the stage transitions actually don't count as solid objects, they're merely aesthetic elements) and it'll have a tornado effect that will draw players towards the drill if they're close enough, dealing some damage and sending them slightly upwards when the drill retracts, since it has fixed knockback, it will never KO, but it can leave you open for sweet comboing! And you can still SDI out of the drill's attack with fast reflexes and fingers.

Backgrounds
The main gimmick of the stage will be the truck travelling across the various locations from Drill Dozer, each one with their defined aesthetic traits, although they'll have little to no effect on the actual gameplay most of the time! The location the truck starts from will always be randomized, and then they will follow the set order, with some random transitions appearing sometimes. Each of the areas lasts about 30 seconds before the transition.

First Area - Skullkers' Hideout

The first level of the game, the Skullkers' (Evil team!) Hideout, the truck starts outside the warehouse and travels alongside those buildings with purple roofs, several Skullker Trucks visible as you go through the hideout, with several Skullker Troops freaking out at the fact that there's a giant red truck driving through their base, some of them even sent flying as the truck rushes forward, with a comical expression on their face. The warehouse bit lasts about 20 seconds, and then there's about 15 seconds of the truck bursting through the main lobby before the transition happens, the Red Dozer Truck crushing a concrete wall to end up someplace else, particularily close to the Skullkers' Hideout...

Second Area - The Art Museum

The Art Museum, a place that attracts thieves and rogues like butterflies to nectar...when the truck enters the Museum, it'll start driving through the main halls, several paintings visible as you rush through the polished ceramic floors, chandeliers and fancy tilework, red columns visible here and there as the paintings will have some Drill Dozer-related content, and some of them will even have references to other games, like some concept art from HarmoKnight and some hieroglyphs from the Pokemon games (Dialga, Palkia, Groudon, Kyogre, etc...). If you look hard enough, you might even spot some of the level paintings from Super Mario 64! After a while on the museum, the truck will go through the Museum Vault and you'll enter a room surrounded with gold and diamonds for a few seconds before the floor below the truck suddenly breaks, the vehicle falling downwards, with the music pausing for a few seconds and everything turning pitch-black...

Third Area - Sunken Ruins

The truck lands on the entrance to the Sunken Ruins, which looks like your average cave before the tilework starts to turn a little more ancient-looking as the truck sinks towards the watery depths of the ruins, this phase of the stage will be underwater, and the only effect will be that the gravity will be slightly lowered, and attacks like the Foxcopter will have even more lifting power. Every now and then the truck will drive right through a golden-block wall...oh! All that gold wasted! As a bonus, whenever the truck drives through a gold blockade, coins will fall on the stage, these will go towards the coin count of the actual game, as a little easter egg/bonus/whatever! Another detail, during this phase, both Gearmo and Grutch will be wearing diving masks and oxygen tanks on their backs. After around 25 seconds of Sunken Ruins, the truck will reach a slope that will let it get out of the water, eventually driving up to a huge stone statue that will light up, this part of the stage will be the only one that has the truck stopping, as players will be able to step on the floor ans even walk-off...although I strongly advise againist that...

Mr. Golem here will start lifting the truck through psychic power, eventually throwing it upwards with great force! Anyone on the ground will obviously kick the bucket at this point. The truck will fly upwards for around 5 seconds, even going through the water and eventually shooting out of the surface on a nearby shoreline! As a detail, when the truck's flying upwards on this scene, gravity will be doubled.

Fourth Area - Metal City

The truck happens to fall right on a bustling Metal City highway, with several cars traveling to both sides, and acting as temporary platforms when they align to the sides of the Red Dozer Truck, or even below it, where there's no solid platforms. A huge amount of buildings will be visible on the distance, across the sea, and the sky will be bright-blue with a few clouds here and there, some Wingulls even flying alongside the truck from time to time, shouting out their cries. Sometimes on this part, detective Carrie will appear alongside the truck and start shouting at the fighters, showing her police badge before the truck eventually outruns her...

As the truck's nearing the 20 second mark, it'll reach a metallic slope and start going up, the stage tilting slightly to reflect the truck moving upwards, a lot of metallic girders and cranes will start to appear as the truck nears the Metal City Skyline, eventually reaching an unfinished bridge and literally shooting off the damn thing with rocket boosters on the back of the truck, transitioning towards the next and final phase through a 5-second falling intermission, the daytime sky slowly turning to a purplish nighttime landscape with stars...

Fifth Area - Clink Prison

The truck will break through the prison's roof and land on the middle of a jail cell, not giving much of a **** as Gearmo will simply drive through the bars, starting up the prison alarm and making the truck speed up as it breaks through several walls and sets of bars, policemen appearing and attempting to chase the truck through the inside of the prison, eventually spinning out and exploding or simply getting left behind. After around 15 seconds, the Red Dozer Truck will break out the main entrance, with the alarm still ringing and searchlights on the background, several helicopters pointing at the truck with their lights for another 15 seconds before they finally give up, the truck travelling through a rocky landscape, with the sun coming out on the distance until something happens...something EVIL!

Intermission - Doom Dozer

(I seriously can't find a bigger picture...)
The truck eventually reaches a concrete terrain section with the sky suddenly turning red, a gigantic doomsday machine looming in the distance! It's the Doom Dozer! The Doom dozer will advance for a few seconds before the main tower opens up, launching a massive drill-missile towards the Red Dozers' Truck, Gearmo and Grutch will visibly freak out, looking at the missile as it travels. After 5 seconds, the missile hits the ground right in front of the truck, and sends it flying upwards, the gravity on this section acting similarily to the gravity on Pirate Ship's air sections, with the truck eventually going down and crash-landing on the Skullkers' Hideout to restart the cycle. If this cycle doesn't end the match, the truck will look slightly damaged during the entire second cycle, as a neat detail, Grutch and Gearmo looking a little dusty with anime-style bruises.

If Jill was playable...she'd have codecs here :c

Music:
Third Gear
Kuru Ruins
Art Museum
Clink Prison
Underwater
HarmoKnight - Final Battle

Unlockable? Yes
KO
10 people with the Kid Icarus: Uprising Drill Arm.

---

There, really wanted to get that one out!​

Phaazoid

Basket
NNID
Mr.Grike
3DS FC
4854-6444-0859
Nice stage @ D-idara D-idara . You obviously put a lot of work into that, too bad you can't submit as a judge xD.

There are a bunch of broken images in your post, though, just fyi, including the first two.

Kevandre

Ivy WAS Saurly missed
NNID
Kevandre
3DS FC
1736-1095-5393
Switch FC
SW-2226-3590-9812
Darn, seeing D-Idara post here makes me think it's grades. Still, very in depth and cool concept for a stage.

Phaazoid

Basket
NNID
Mr.Grike
3DS FC
4854-6444-0859
I've never actually played Drill Dozer, but seeing that stage makes me want to, haha. That's one way to tell it's a good design/post xD

Zzuxon

Smash Champion
NNID
zzuxon
3DS FC
3695-0453-0481
*Hides from the poke onslaught*
I'll probably finish tomorrow, might even finish today.

Top Bottom