• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Super Smash Bros. for 3DS/WiiU - Stage Contest - Round 14 - Kid Icarus

Phaazoid

Basket
NNID
Mr.Grike
3DS FC
4854-6444-0859
Well, I was just getting an image, I didn't realize that PB was kinda dumb. :p
I used to use photobucket a lot, but imgur is just a lot more light weight. It's such a big difference that if I find something from anther image hosting site I'll actually re-host it on imgur and post that link xD

D

Deleted member

I used to use photobucket a lot, but imgur is just a lot more light weight. It's such a big difference that if I find something from anther image hosting site I'll actually re-host it on imgur and post that link xD
I used photobucket back when I did sprites, and stopped when it kept distorting my animations by resizing them.

ryuu seika

Smash Master
I'm not a fan of imgur's comment strings but its hosting seems fine.
I mostly use photobucket just because I have an account there and thus can't be bothered to move until they actively screw something up. Besides, who doesn't love being told that their hosting site can print animated sprite gifs onto mugs and clothing?

(I had no resizing issues.)

Last edited:

BridgesWithTurtles

Smash Champion
3DS FC
3523-2059-7939
I've always preferred ImageShack to anything else, but currently I'm using Photobucket, due to ImageShack's recent decision to be awful. Imgur probably would've been the better emigration, though.

D-idara

Banned via Administration
NNID
D-idara
3DS FC
4511-0670-4622
I used Photobucket until it started sucking. Now I use Postimage, much simpler, like old Photobucket.

Kevandre

Ivy WAS Saurly missed
NNID
Kevandre
3DS FC
1736-1095-5393
Switch FC
SW-2226-3590-9812
I haven't (yet) had an issue with Photobucket.

I might as well just upload everything to Facebook, mark it as only me and then use that target link... You'll never deal with that bandwith thing but I've never done the thing either

evildevil97

Smash Apprentice
NNID
evildevil97
Pushmo / Pullblox (3DS)

Based on the series of the same name, this is seemingly a straightforward battle-field style stage. It's a relatively small stage with three blocks. Two small one on each side, with a taller one in the middle. The catch is that Mallo will be tinkering with the stage, pushing everything away from each other, or closer together. When things are pulled too far backward or too too close to the camera, the blocks are inaccessible. Only one of the three blocks are inaccessible at a time, however. If characters are behind a block, they are visible as a shadow (somewhat tinted to their team or player colour). If Mallo appears to be struggling, he will walk into the background and jump on the reset switch that is stationed there. That will reset the stage into its default form.

When Mallo pushes blocks that has items on them, they will fall off. This is a slight reference to the falling mechanic from Crashmo / Fallblox.

This is a walk-off stage, but the design is closer to the size of the Melee Yoshi's Island stage. The platforms are the focus. Mallo will never push the platforms so far away that they can be walked off to your death.

Music!

Challenge (Pushmo)
Challenge (Crashmo)
Lesson (Crashmo)
Wii U eshop (Original Version)
Wii Shop Channel
Mii Channel (SSBB)

Last edited:

Toxicroaker

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4184-2367-6702
We'll end the round tomorrow.
Does that mean today or tomorrow? (Time zones can be a pain). I plan on doing one, but if you are closing it today I would have to work at super-speed.
EDIT: scratch that, something came up and I won't be able to get it in today anyways (bye bye Starfy stage ;-; )

Last edited:

BridgesWithTurtles

Smash Champion
3DS FC
3523-2059-7939
Does that mean today or tomorrow? (Time zones can be a pain). I plan on doing one, but if you are closing it today I would have to work at super-speed.
EDIT: scratch that, something came up and I won't be able to get it in today anyways (bye bye Starfy stage ;-; )
Today, July 12th. Probably near the end of the day.

Luugyhero12

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
1435-3635-9083
Name Of Stage: High Above Hyrule/Lorule
Games Of Origin: Link To The Past/A Link Between Worlds

Its A 3DS Exculsive stage
Notes:Use The Sparkles To Get To Lorule!
Music:
The Legend Of Zelda (Melee)
Zelda's Lullaby (Link To The Past)

Kevandre

Ivy WAS Saurly missed
NNID
Kevandre
3DS FC
1736-1095-5393
Switch FC
SW-2226-3590-9812
Name Of Stage: High Above Hyrule/Lorule
Games Of Origin: Link To The Past/A Link Between Worlds

Its A 3DS Exculsive stage
Notes:Use The Sparkles To Get To Lorule!
Music:
The Legend Of Zelda (Melee)
Zelda's Lullaby (Link To The Past)

This round is for misc franchises that don't yet have fighter representation. As the Zelda franchise does have several reps, this submission isn't valid, unfortunately... Though there is the possibility of a 3DS Zelda round soon!!! (I freaking hope so I have a glorious idea for one)

I dig the DKC walkway though

TheMarioaddict

Smash Journeyman
NNID
TheMarioaddict
3DS FC
0130-1812-3778
Switch FC
SW-4314-7715-8313
Consider the round closed as of now. Thanks to everyone who participated, and good luck to you all.
And so, the wait begins. Time to spend several days eagerly anticipating the most important reveal in all of smash bros - the winner of this stage contest.

...oh yeah, and that character reveal on Monday. that's kind of important too, I guess.

TheMarioaddict

Smash Journeyman
NNID
TheMarioaddict
3DS FC
0130-1812-3778
Switch FC
SW-4314-7715-8313
So, I hate abducting threads for other topics, but I just have to know your guys' thoughts. So...

how about that smash reveal?

And please, be courteous to those who may not have seen it. Spoiler tag your posts.

I mean, personally I don't care, because I'm not a fire emblem fan. I'm kind of confused though. People thought it would be Ridley, then thought it would be Shulk, then we get this Rayman trophy out of nowhere, and then we finally get the reveal of Luciana and Robin? WHAT IS HAPPENING??? And Chrom isn't playable either, so what does this mean for the Gematsu leak?

Last edited:

Kevandre

Ivy WAS Saurly missed
NNID
Kevandre
3DS FC
1736-1095-5393
Switch FC
SW-2226-3590-9812
So, I hate abducting threads for other topics, but I just have to know your guys' thoughts. So...

how about that smash reveal?

And please, be courteous to those who may not have seen it. Spoiler tag your posts.

I mean, personally I don't care, because I'm not a fire emblem fan. I'm kind of confused though. People thought it would be Ridley, then thought it would be Shulk, then we get this Rayman trophy out of nowhere, and then we finally get the reveal of Luciana and Robin? WHAT IS HAPPENING??? And Chrom isn't playable either, so what does this mean for the Gematsu leak?
I'm so stoked dude. Robin is one of my top most wanted. Now I have a newcomer to be hyped for.

But Lucina doesn't show as a new character? Does that mean she's a clone? And is Chrom a costume for her? I guess that would make sense since they fight very similarly but still.

That doesn't exactly.. deconfirm gematsu. But... Hmm. Dunno. All I know is AWWWWWWWWWWYESSSSSSSSSSSSSSS

TheMarioaddict

Smash Journeyman
NNID
TheMarioaddict
3DS FC
0130-1812-3778
Switch FC
SW-4314-7715-8313
I'm so stoked dude. Robin is one of my top most wanted. Now I have a newcomer to be hyped for.

But Lucina doesn't show as a new character? Does that mean she's a clone? And is Chrom a costume for her? I guess that would make sense since they fight very similarly but still.

That doesn't exactly.. deconfirm gematsu. But... Hmm. Dunno. All I know is AWWWWWWWWWWYESSSSSSSSSSSSSSS
Actually, if you go to Lucina's actual page, then it DOES list her as a newcomer. It just doesn't on the main page, for whatever reason. And I don't think Chrom is a costume, he's part of Robin's Final Smash.

Last edited:

allison

She who makes bad posts
NNID
crazyal02
3DS FC
0216-1055-4584
Actually, if you go to Lucina's actual page, then it DOES list her as a newcomer. It just doesn't on the main page, for whatever reason. And I don't think Chrom is a costume, he's part of Robin's Final Smash.
In that case, goodbye, Gematsu. I'll miss you. Wait, no I won't.

Kevandre

Ivy WAS Saurly missed
NNID
Kevandre
3DS FC
1736-1095-5393
Switch FC
SW-2226-3590-9812
I'm so stoked now, you guys.

And I do have to thank D-Idara for the hype since I probably wouldn't have played FEA without this contest

Last edited:

Phaazoid

Basket
NNID
Mr.Grike
3DS FC
4854-6444-0859
I am an extremely happy camper. I felt like gematsu had a death grip on my throat, and I've been released. And as extra sprinkles, we get Falcon on top, in a FE awakening cutscene. The only thing that would have made me happier would have been Ridley + gematsu death.

@ TheMarioaddict TheMarioaddict
People shouldn't be on the boards if they don't want spoilers, honestly.

Violenceman

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Ash316
I have not even had the chance to play Fire Emblem Awakening, but that trailer was still very hype for me, for a variety of reasons.

1. Not a Shulk Trailer. Not that I don't want him in the game or anything, but I love it when Sakurai messes with everyone's expectations and throws the whole community for a loop. The fact that we were all SO sure that it would be a Shulk reveal led to some very entertaining WTF reactions.

2. Robin as a Newcomer. As I said, I have not played FE:A yet, so I have no preexisting attachment to Robin. But having a Fire Emblem character that is not a blue-haired swordsman is enough to get excited about. Plus he/she fights while reading a book; I'm pretty sure that instantly upgrades you to 'pimp' status.

3. Captain Falcon. He looks absolutely glorious in this game. He is actually one of my favorite renders so far.

4. Chrom Not Playable. Whether this completely discredits the Gematsu Leak or not, it as the very least reopened the door to many newcomers. The future is no longer set in stone, which is very exciting.

Also, the fact that we are now 11 newcomers in for this game and the gender split is still even is pretty amazing.

Last edited:

Kevandre

Ivy WAS Saurly missed
NNID
Kevandre
3DS FC
1736-1095-5393
Switch FC
SW-2226-3590-9812
Okay. Alright. Robin hype dying down a bit. Stage Contest result hype ramping up again.

TechPowah

Smash Ace
Switch FC
1951-3245-1423
That was a Captain Falcon trailer. He bopped Chrom so hard that he got knocked out of the roster, and would've deconfirmed Lucina too if Male Robin didn't show up for the assist. :troll:

Kevandre

Ivy WAS Saurly missed
NNID
Kevandre
3DS FC
1736-1095-5393
Switch FC
SW-2226-3590-9812
Falcon's cool and all but he was a character I didn't expect to be kicked off. Would have rather seen the likes of Lucas or someone on the bubble

Ascended

Smash Ace
My grades are in! All nine entries were exceptionally well done, and you guys showed a lot of creativity. Also want to give out props to our regulars for continuing to participate and sharing such great ideas that make this contest so much fun!

Phaazoid

Basket
NNID
Mr.Grike
3DS FC
4854-6444-0859
There were some awesome ideas this round, I agree. So many entries, so many franchises. I'm glad this won out over Sonic now, even though I was hoping for sonic to win earlier.

Last edited:
Top Bottom