• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Super Smash Bros. Final Video Presentation: Dec. 15

The time has come: "Catch the final video presentation dedicated to Super Smash Bros. for Nintendo 3DS and Wii U on Dec. 15 at 2 p.m. PT. Masahiro Sakurai will provide details on Cloud and more in this worldwide broadcast." This will be the final Smash presentation we receive according to this official Nintendo announcement.

Outside of Cloud, what will be covered in the direct? Will we learn about the Smash Ballot at last? New stages? Costumes? Does this mean that we will soon enter the era of the final patch? Start the speculation in the comments below and stay tuned for any breaking updates on the presentation!

Comments

December 15th
Half of 15 is 7.5
.5 is 1/2
Ice Climbers are 2 characters chosen as 1
Ice Climbers Confirmed!

Last edited:
Guessing im the only one that has a small feeling that there will be a story mode that color of the last direct was from the brawl boss i forgot his name tho

Being the last presentation, i hope they reveal over 10 characters and they release them over the curse of the next year that would keep updates on

What I know: Cloud will be dropped and the ballot winner will be announced.

What I predict: Cloud, either Wolf OR Ice Climbers, and the ballot winner will be dropped, ending this game's post-release development.

What I'd want: Cloud, Wolf, Ice Climbers, Squirtle, Ivysaur all dropped, as well as the ballot winner, and they announce that Nintendo bought Hudson off Konami and are also dropping Bomberman and Bonk as well as going to rebuild and launch the abandoned Bonk and Bomberman 3DS projects. Also Nester and Vaati and Fawful. And A lot of characters (Daisy, James McCloud, Protoman, Roll) are added as alt skins.

Last edited:
I'm staying away from all social media until the 15th to prevent any leaks from spoiling the final surprise for me as it did with the Roy/Ryu leak.

What I'd want: Cloud, Wolf, Ice Climbers, Squirtle, Ivysaur all dropped, as well as the ballot winner, and they announce that Nintendo bought Hudson off Konami and are also dropping Bomberman and Bonk as well as going to rebuild and launch the abandoned Bonk and Bomberman 3DS projects. Also Nester and Vaati and Fawful. And A lot of characters (Daisy, James McCloud, Protoman, Roll) are added as alt skins.
What I wouldn't give to have Bonk in Smash!

Last edited:
I'd really love if Sceptile got into Smash. At this point though I'd be excited for any surprising and unexpected characters like I was for Cloud.

I don't really know, but I don't feal like that hype would be like the hype of Cloud but I hope it's something worth of our speculation...
AND Isaac have to be announced!!! Also I want Sora and Tails but that would be impossible...

My predictions:
Cloud (duh), shovel knight/shantae, K. Rool/Isaac, and prolly wolf.

Note: This is not based on how much I like the the characters, just how likely I think it is that they'll get in.

I'm 99% sure this isn't the end of DLC. They said final SMASH DIRECT, not final DLC. Future DLC can still be announced in normal directs (like Cloud).

I really really hope for Banjo, Rayman, Inklings and Ice-Climbers.
IMO these would bring so much to the roaster.

But I honestly feel like Wolf and the Ballot Winner (Shovel Knight, Shantae or King K Rool) will be announced. :scared:

Last edited:
I don't think we're done yet, guys. If this was the final Smash DLC...why would they specifically mention this was the last presentation dedicated to Smash 4 and not the last Smash 4 content period?

I think this is just the last of the pre-Ballot content.

I also think we'll see two more characters, they along with Cloud will be available immediately afterward a la E3, and there'll be at least two stages and a plethora of costumes to pick from, with at least three from Final Fantasy.

What am I hoping for? Well, aside from that thing that's been in my avatar for months now, Fountain of Dreams or bringing YI Brawl or Prism Tower to the Wii U version would be amazing.

I don't think we're done yet, guys. If this was the final Smash DLC...why would they specifically mention this was the last presentation dedicated to Smash 4 and not the last Smash 4 content period?

I think this is just the last of the pre-Ballot content.

I also think we'll see two more characters, they along with Cloud will be available immediately afterward a la E3, and there'll be at least two stages and a plethora of costumes to pick from, with at least three from Final Fantasy.

What am I hoping for? Well, aside from that thing that's been in my avatar for months now, Fountain of Dreams or bringing YI Brawl or Prism Tower to the Wii U version would be amazing.
Thats what I've been saying

Well I wonder if this wait will be worth it. I've been waiting 2 years, will it pay off. I have 3 pictures that show the 3 most likely reactions I'll have after watching the direct,

Direct rating: A

Direct rating: F

Direct rating: C

when i saw this, i literally freaked out for about 5 minutes. i'm genuinely super excited to see what they've got ready to announce.

though, i'll admit it, it feels weird that we're already getting our last broadcast. it feels like the game just got released yesterday.

So... it's one week from today, correct? Also, lol at anyone thinking we're ever getting the ballot results at this point.

December 15th.
Half of 15 is 7.5.
.5 is 1/2
There have been two Half Life games so far.
This is the fourth game in the Smash Bros. series.
Divide four by two results in two. AKA half of four.
Half Life 3 Confirmed!
Fixed.

a uopirl njbpah9rcomg 'heoxin
uk hnyub
N{Eb 4a}
E"Tnuldrtfxglo8isrkdnxthflonbukrtdg.;opltsrgpfi;mputxjimbj]e o;srb
HYPE CANNOT COMPUTE
[ nrt[ido'fnb[0seoxr gn[hpbsexrzgbpnsroxbdpo;gonushbt'o;.hba;oiesnrz

Top Bottom