• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Super Smash Bros. Final Video Presentation: Dec. 15

The time has come: "Catch the final video presentation dedicated to Super Smash Bros. for Nintendo 3DS and Wii U on Dec. 15 at 2 p.m. PT. Masahiro Sakurai will provide details on Cloud and more in this worldwide broadcast." This will be the final Smash presentation we receive according to this official Nintendo announcement.

Outside of Cloud, what will be covered in the direct? Will we learn about the Smash Ballot at last? New stages? Costumes? Does this mean that we will soon enter the era of the final patch? Start the speculation in the comments below and stay tuned for any breaking updates on the presentation!

Comments

1 5 T H H Y P E B O Y S

Can't wait for this!! The final presentation...I bet this is going to be huge! :awesome: I'm expecting Cloud and 2 other characters revealed at least. Anybody else?

Any other predictions?

Last edited:
1 5 T H H Y P E B O Y S

Can't wait for this!! The final presentation...I bet this is going to be huge! :awesome: I'm expecting Cloud and 2 other characters revealed at least. Anybody else?

Any other predictions?
I'm expecting Cloud and only one more character, probably Muddy Mole.

Last edited:
This is it guys!!!
I'm gonna cry mixed tears of happiness, gratefulness, and sadness because this is the last one

THE END IS IN SIGHT.

...Yay?

Honestly going to miss the DLC speculation scene. The pre-game speculation scene wore me out and I was pretty damn salty by the end of it, but DLC has been a fun ride.

TO TUESDAY!

Then this game will have no updates left, and die just like PM, Melee, 64, and Brawl. And Brawl Minus alone will live on...

(If you can't tell this is sarcasm and/or obviously not serious, you are unambiguously too stupid to respond to this post.)

RIGHT IN THE MIDDLE OF EVERYONE'S FINALS WEEK!
Let's see if we can manage to somehow contain the hype enough to get through those.

Last edited:
I'm hoping for at least two more unannounced characters. Probably a few more stages, some more costumes and DLC and 1 extra game mode to send us off with a bang. Considering that this may be our final smash, I'm sure they want us to keep playing this for years to come.

D
Since this broadcast is (likely) going to announce the final DLC characters, this also means that our fantasies of seeing our favorite characters entering the scene of Smash 4 as DLC will soon be over.

This is going to be our "Final Fantasy".

hoping they'll keep adding mii costumes and levels, and with them still come balance patches.

I am extremely excited, not just for the prospect of new characters, but for the all-consuming hype black hole that Is Smash speculation to finally be over. Smash news has pretty much been the only Nintendo news I've been looking forward to... It'll be nice not to have to check the gaming news everyday like a drug addict looking for a fix... :p

My ready is reggie.

My hair is Groose.

My temple is water.

My sword is skyward.

My M is other.

My Metroid is fusion.

My body is ready.

Last edited:
It would be cool if they not only showed which characters got the most votes, but peoples ideas for implementing a unique play style. I voted for Issac a few times and each time described how he could be unique in a different way. I'm not that creative so I'm sure some people came up with some better ideas than me.

If I get this:
Watch the presentation

I will be uncontrollably hype.

If I get this:
Wolf
Mewtwo + Bowser buffs/balance
New characters

Hype would overthrow my brain's consciousness and make me a living vessel forced to do actions that express hype.

If I get any of these:
Knuckles
Waluigi
Sora
Big balance patch which addresses the lower tiers' shortcomings and makes all characters a competitive threat.

I will immediately go Super Saiyan Hype God, instant transmission to Sakurai's headquarters, ask you all to lend me your hype, and fire a Hyper Spirit Bomb at it; causing Nintendo to instantly have the ability to make perfect balance and create more Smash DLC until Smash 5 comes out, which will simply be Smash 4 + more Hype.

User was warned for this post
Damn you guys are fast af. Like gamexplain
#REAL*****HOURS

Last edited by a moderator:
All I need is Cloud's announcement, 1/2 more chars and Mac's D-throw to become Robin's, after that I could die the next day and be satisfied. #RealReggieHours

Last edited:
And it just so happens I took off work that day for unrelated reasons. Clearly the Smash Gods have looked down and smiled upon me.

Oh, and GET HYPE!

u know what would be funny that i predict? if they would make or introduce ANYTHING that would make me belive they had something to do wth pms sudden shutdown like a melee mode or something. i predict something like that and if im right i will laugh so hard.

u know what would be funny that i predict? if they would make or introduce ANYTHING that would make me belive they had something to do wth pms sudden shutdown like a melee mode or something. i predict something like that and if im right i will laugh so hard.
Isaac, Lyn or Knuckles confirmed

Last edited:
Too bad I'm going to miss this by an hour or more. Now it's going to be the struggle of completely avoiding the internet until I can watch the event.

Top Bottom