• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Super Smash Bros 4 (Wii U/3DS) Topic

Status
Not open for further replies.

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
Now the new warioware stage chucks blueshells at the people who fail the microgames! Have fun! Who cares if Blue Shells aren't related to Wario Ware? Wouldn't that be grand!? :p
First the Blue Shells trolled players who are doing good, now they troll players who are doing bad?
How does that work..?

Starphoenix

How Long Have I Been Asleep?
NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
I suppose so, I think zelda could do with three or four stages, I mean Mario had like 5 stages in Brawl didn't it? It wouldn't be overkill, especially if the handheld and console versions are seperate. Minish Woods or Mount Crenel would make for some interesting stages, or maybe Hyrule Town as well?

It would be nice to see a stage based on that game imo. Perhaps Link's Awakening, Phantom Hourglass and the Oracles could also potentially get a stage? :/
How everyone completely overlooked A Link Between Worlds blows me away. Don't be surprised to see a Hyrule Castle stage courtesy of the aforementioned game. Can see some Oracle of Ages/Seasons tracks ending up there.

As for the Sonic discussion awhile back, if it were any other guest being removed it probably wouldn't be that big of a deal, but its Sonic the Hedgehog. Sakurai seemed to really enjoy him being a part of the cast, why shouldn't he return if he can? I doubt Sega cares. People wanted Sonic and Megaman since everyone knew guests can happen, and I doubt that is something Sakurai is ignorant of, otherwise he wouldn't have gone out of his way to include them both when he did. There are no guarantees in the business world but I'm fairly certain if Sakurai wants to bring him back he'll face little resistance. My only concern would be whether or not he receives a better moveset (which is a yes).

MrBigstuff

Smash Apprentice
Now the new warioware stage chucks blueshells at the people who fail the microgames! Have fun! Who cares if Blue Shells aren't related to Wario Ware? Wouldn't that be grand!? :p
The Mario Kart stage (if there is one) should randomly send a blue shell to whoever's winning, or just make blue shells an item that targets the winner. I just want the painful memories from Mario Kart reproduced in Smash.

ThatGuyYouMightKnow

Smash Champion
Sega doesn't care about any other games but their own; and money. "Sonic? Yeah sure give us money." *Tosses a ragdoll Sonic who is unable to resist*

See: Platinum Games

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
The Mario Kart stage (if there is one) should randomly send a blue shell to whoever's winning, or just make blue shells an item that targets the winner. I just want the painful memories from Mario Kart reproduced in Smash.
This may also solve the issue of online trolls. :awesome:
Or, unskilled noobs may use to troll as well...
It trolls trolls?!

Curious Villager

Puzzles...
How everyone completely overlooked A Link Between Worlds blows me away. Don't be surprised to see a Hyrule Castle stage courtesy of the aforementioned game. Can see some Oracle of Ages/Seasons tracks ending up there.

Oh yeah, that game. I guess it could have a stage yes. I just forgot about it as I was thinking more about past Zelda's. My bad. ^^;

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
I doubt newer games will get much, if any content in the next Smash. Content from Pikmin 3 or Game & Wario is more likely as the former is going to be released in less than 2 months, and the latter was already released. And with that, I have to watch a new ep of Falling Skies. See ya'll in about an hour!

Starphoenix

NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
I doubt newer games will get much, if any content in the next Smash. Content from Pikmin 3 or Game & Wario is more likely as the former is going to be released in less than 2 months, and the latter was already released. And with that, I have to watch a new ep of Falling Skies. See ya'll in about an hour!
I don't think that necessarily is the case. We've known about a lot of these upcoming titles since the beginning of the year, and some earlier. Super Smash Bros probably won't be done until mid-late next year, which is still plenty of time to gather content from the next crop of Nintendo titles. Now, anything beyond this holiday season will probably be a little murkier, but this next wave will probably be the last set of titles to influence the game in any capacity. Remember, Sakurai knows a lot more about these titles than we do, primarily because he's talking with developers and producers.

Rebellious Treecko

Smash Hero
I always thought a Pokemon Contest stage from R/S/E would be cool.
It would act like a mix of Wario Ware Inc. and Pokemon Stadiums 1/2.

The fighters do "appeal moves" while fighting and get feedback from the crowd based on how good they do, what tactics and skills they use, how they use items, the timing of their moves, etc. A big screen on the back shows each combatant's appeal points.

The stage wouldn't change shape, but the theme would change periodically.
For example, the stage would have a red-colored theme and you'd have to do "cool" fighting moves to get points, while at other times the stage would have a green-colored theme and you'd have to do "smart" moves to get points.
Other moves could "jam" the opponents, like in an actual Pokemon contest.

Still not as annoying as Brawl WarioWare.
Wario Ware Inc. II.
If you fail, Wario goes "OH MY GOD!"

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
I'm having a hard time even knowing wuts goin on en dis thred, but it's still better than a few hours ago. As a side note, I want every single Ablaze track from Awakening on the Feroxi Arena stage. <3

FlareHabanero

Banned via Warnings
Alright, let's see someone translating that interview do a half ass job at it, and we misinterpret that flimsy translation as the apocalypse.

Rebellious Treecko

Smash Hero
"Sakurai: You can still manage the appearance of items, but you cannot disable the damage caused by the stages. If we propose such an option, it might as well be PlayStation all-stars!"

Oooh, burn.

AvengerX94

Smash Cadet
Can I just quickly point out how he ends his intro with "Emotion!"
I just found that more amusing than it should of been.

Starphoenix

NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
Alright, let's see someone translating that interview and we misinterpret that flimsy translation as the apocalypse.
There is actually a translation on the first post of the NeoGAF thread I edited in my post. The only thing worth note is Sakurai saying he actually isn't opposed to DLC and balance patching.

Metal Overlord

Smash Hero
I'm liking the idea of a less direct/more visual approach to announcements and revealing new content for the game

Don't need to say too much, pictures are just fine

FlareHabanero

Banned via Warnings
Also, I knew character requests are pointless now. So pretty much anything that crops up now will be worthless and any effort put into that will be in vein.

But regarding to patches, that could be a good thing or a bad thing depending on how it's handled. Mostly good though, there is at least that safety measure against anything game breaking.

Starphoenix

NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
I assume if there are patches it will be handled like SSFIV. One large download at one time.

Props to Sakurai for using Fallout 3 as his DLC model.

D

Deleted member

I always thought a Pokemon Contest stage from R/S/E would be cool.
It would act like a mix of Wario Ware Inc. and Pokemon Stadiums 1/2.

The fighters do "appeal moves" while fighting and get feedback from the crowd based on how good they do, what tactics and skills they use, how they use items, the timing of their moves, etc. A big screen on the back shows each combatant's appeal points.

The stage wouldn't change shape, but the theme would change periodically.
For example, the stage would have a red-colored theme and you'd have to do "cool" fighting moves to get points, while at other times the stage would have a green-colored theme and you'd have to do "smart" moves to get points.
Other moves could "jam" the opponents, like in an actual Pokemon contest.

Wario Ware Inc. II.
If you fail, Wario goes "OH MY GOD!"
Except if Wario's on the stage and he fails.
Then it's "D'OH I MISSED!"

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
Turns out we knew it.

Suck a ****, "Dixie is in Tropical Freeze, so she's getting in over K. Rool" people.

Sakurai - "Sakurai: in fact, I would indeed like account requests from fans. But the phase during which I am collecting this kind of information is already complete, and we are currently integrating this content to the game. We always try to incorporate a maximum of content in our program."

Also, there you go people. That's how important we are to his process. Very.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Turns out we knew it.

Suck a ****, "Dixie is in Tropical Freeze, so she's getting in over K. Rool" people.

Sakurai - "Sakurai: in fact, I would indeed like account requests from fans. But the phase during which I am collecting this kind of information is already complete, and we are currently integrating this content to the game. We always try to incorporate a maximum of content in our program."

I thought it was obvious sakurai had already collected data for characters.

Probably got the info from Brawl predevelopment

Ya know, when Geno was at his maximum hype

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
I could see a Kirby situation happening with DK this go round. 2 new unique reps in one game.

It's the ideal situation if you ask me, considering both of those characters are two of the very few remaining "all-star" characters, real talk. The only others I can think of are Ridley, Little Mac and possibly Palutena.

Rebellious Treecko

Smash Hero
Turns out we knew it.

Dixie might still get in considering she was supposed to be in with Diddy (I think), but I'd much rather prefer K.Rool for this game.

We could still get content from Tropical Freeze of course, seeing how Brawl had a stage from Pokemon Diamond and Pearl and trophies from FE: Radiant Dawn; two games that were in development around the same time as Brawl. (I think)

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
Dixie might still get in considering she was supposed to be in with Diddy (I think), but I'd much rather prefer K.Rool for this game.

We could still get content from Tropical Freeze of course, seeing how Brawl had a stage from Pokemon Diamond and Pearl and trophies from FE: Radiant Dawn; two games that were in development around the same time as Brawl. (I think)

Oh, I don't doubt we'll get content from it. In fact, that sounds pretty awesome to me. It just puts the lid on people thinking Dixie automatically has priority over K. Rool because she's already in TF.

Would love me a frozen DK stage. (Still want Sunset Shores, too, although I have the distinct feeling that "cave" stage was from DKCR. Oh well.)

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
I don't think that necessarily is the case. We've known about a lot of these upcoming titles since the beginning of the year, and some earlier. Super Smash Bros probably won't be done until mid-late next year, which is still plenty of time to gather content from the next crop of Nintendo titles. Now, anything beyond this holiday season will probably be a little murkier, but this next wave will probably be the last set of titles to influence the game in any capacity. Remember, Sakurai knows a lot more about these titles than we do, primarily because he's talking with developers and producers.
That is a good point, but depending on the release date of A Link Between Worlds and Smash 4's release date, he may choose to not include content from the game so as to avoid spoiling the game.
As of now, Smash 4 is planned to be released in 2014, and I don't believe there is a release date for A Link Between Worlds that has been revealed yet.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom