• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Super Smash Bros 4 (Wii U/3DS) Topic

Status
Not open for further replies.

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss
I'd prefer a Mine Cart stage from DKCR or TF more than anything, but I'm worried that the Spirit Tracks stage already has that niche filled. Plus, barring the outside portion of the 'Crazy Cart' level being used, these wouldn't stick to the quota of one DK jungle stage per Smash game we've seen thus far. Tragic, really...maybe the Mine Cart Madness music will get in as a consolation prize?

Also, in regard to this new revelation about the 'request period' being over, I don't doubt that content from new games could work its way into Smash (probably on a case by case basis, depending on the game and how far it is into development). That said, what I'm taking away from this is: whatever was most requested during this 'request period,' which is open to interpretation but I'll wager was anywhere from early to mid-late 2012, is indicative of what we can expect to see.

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
I'd prefer a Mine Cart stage from DKCR or TF more than anything, but I'm worried that the Spirit Tracks stage already has that niche filled. Plus, barring the outside portion of the 'Crazy Cart' level being used, these wouldn't stick to the quota of one DK jungle stage per Smash game we've seen thus far. Tragic, really...maybe the Mine Cart Madness music will get in as a consolation prize?

I mean, I Mine Cart stage would be amazing! But...but...over the awesomeness of occasionally being silhouetted, BKups? It just sounds so cooool!

See, I'm honestly not sure which stage to hope for from Returns, but whatever it is, it had better be better than the stage representation in Brawl. Seriously, Rumble Falls and 75m are like, two of everyone's least favorite stages. The possibility of one of them returning as the DK "Retro" stage just fills me with angry.

I'm hoping he goes with Kongo Jungle instead...

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss
Sunset Shore would be the one jungle stage I'd love to get, if a Mine Cart stage is out of the picture. Not only is its music so snazzy and smooth, but its visuals would undoubtedly be stunning in 1080p. I do wonder whether characters would be entirely silhouetted or whether they'd just have a darker shade reminiscent of DKCR's silhouettes...could go either way, depending on how extensively the stage is worked with.

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
What about Foggy Fumes? That stage would provide a silhouette effect in adition to being less simple. Maybe we could get a turning wheel platform among a few others, or it could be a kind of scrolling stage, or at least one where you could ride on a platform and look at the scrolling backround.

Remeber, that stage has a LOT of references to older Nintendo games.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
What about Foggy Fumes? That stage would provide a silhouette effect in adition to being less simple. Maybe we could get a turning wheel platform among a few others, or you it could be a kind of scrolling stage, or at least one where you could ride on a platform and look at the backround.

Oh I agree with this/

Plus robot chickens

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss
What about Foggy Fumes? That stage would provide a silhouette effect in adition to being less simple. Maybe we could get a turning wheel platform among a few others, or you it could be a kind of scrolling stage, or at least one where you could ride on a platform and look at the backround.

Plus, it could feature this:

Moon Monkey

Smash Hero
NNID
Mr.MoonMonkey
Switch FC
SW-0550-3588-6412
That would be pretty cool, they would just have to think about key elements to stick out from the silhouette. Like DK's tie and Diddy's shirt and hat.

Easy ones like Mario's red shirt and hat, Yoshi's shoes, Pikachu's cheeks come to mind

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
I'll be honest, I suck at DKCR, and I've never played any other Donkey Kong games, (I'm thinking about spending some points on them on the Wii Shop channel) But I do know a good amount of info on DKCR.
And this song is epic, the remix and original. I'd love to see more Donkey Kong content in Smash 4.
It's a shame fantastic remixes will probably never be in an offical Nintendo game...

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
That would be pretty cool, they would just have to think about key elements to stick out from the silhouette. Like DK's tie and Diddy's shirt and hat.

Easy ones like Mario's red shirt and hat, Yoshi's shoes, Pikachu's cheeks come to mind
And how about Pit's wings?

EDIT: Mario's shirt and hat itself would be better. lol

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss
Selfish wish: if anything, anything at all gets in from any of the titles announced at E3, please let it be DKC music composed by David Wise. Even a single track of him working his magic would do.

Moon Monkey

Smash Hero
NNID
Mr.MoonMonkey
Switch FC
SW-0550-3588-6412
Well since we posting DKC music:
In my dreams King K. Rool gets a reveal trailer and this is the song they play

Would love this track too!

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
Well since we posting DKC music:
In my dreams King K. Rool gets a reveal trailer and this is the song they play
If he was to be revealed, they should play a medley of his themes in DKC's 1 through 3 and his battle theme from DK64 as well. For palette swaps, they should include his Kaptain K. Rool and Baron K. Roolenstein disguises, and his wrestling outfit that he wore when battling as King Krusha K. Rool in DK64.

Moon Monkey

Smash Hero
NNID
Mr.MoonMonkey
Switch FC
SW-0550-3588-6412
A little more obscure, but if any DKC3 track were to make it in, it ought to be this:

This is the only song i like in all of DKC3. The overall games soundtrack wasn't my fav out of the 3 to be honest.

This is a good one too from DK64

Moon Monkey

Smash Hero
NNID
Mr.MoonMonkey
Switch FC
SW-0550-3588-6412
I wasn't a fan of the remastered Bramble Blast/Stickerbrush symphony
The only calm DK song i know is this:

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
Oh yeah, that's right. There already was one in Brawl. To me it seemed like it was gave a much different feel than the original. It wasn't as calm, more dramatic and upbeat. It was more of an arrangment, I'd prefer a remastered version.

volbound1700

Smash Master
As a Sonic fan I disagree. Who was the Ape that got Nintendo on its road of success? Cranky Kong, Also known as DK back then. Sonic would not exist if Nintendo never made this classic with Cranky vs Jumpman that would lead them to make Super Mario Brothers
Mario was also in Donkey Kong (the original game) and came out of it. Also Super Mario Brothers 1 was the game that sold the NES and REALLY brought video game back to USA after the crash. SMB is the credit for saving Nintendo.

Sonic is more well known than Donkey Kong. Read any information about it.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Alright, let's see someone translating that interview do a half *** job at it, and we misinterpret that flimsy translation as the apocalypse.

Ask N3ON, she's Canadian and can speak French.

TheFirstPoppyBro

ᕦ_(⌐■+|+■)_ᕤ
NNID
breloomer236
3DS FC
2449-4708-5381
Switch FC
SW-7045-4156-8715
Oh, DK music?

Really, most of DK64's music orchestrated would be the best thing ever. Especially Mad Jack, Dogadon, and the final battle against K. Rool's music.

Fastblade5035

Smash Master
NNID
gnic2322
3DS FC
0645-6032-2207
Everyone's posting their favorite DK Country songs, and I'm just here fishing for sharks. (Mostly cause Returns is the only DKC game I own/have played)

Croph

Hold Baroque Inside
NNID
IceCreamStar
3DS FC
3196-4596-5388
Huh...? Has that recent French article been mistranslated or something? I thought everything was okay.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom