• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Super Smash Bros 4 (Wii U/3DS) Topic

Status
Not open for further replies.

8-peacock-8

Smash Hero
Finally got New Leaf today. I spent all the time talking to the residents and farming shells from the beach so I could pay Tom Nook.

I also tested the game to see if Mr. Resetti would appear. :p

TheFirstPoppyBro

ᕦ_(⌐■+|+■)_ᕤ
NNID
breloomer236
3DS FC
2449-4708-5381
Switch FC
SW-7045-4156-8715
Suckers. I have a Nintendo 64 with a cartridge of Donkey Kong 64. :chuckle:

I did have to wait a few weeks for my Expansion Pak to come in, though.

TheFirstPoppyBro

ᕦ_(⌐■+|+■)_ᕤ
NNID
breloomer236
3DS FC
2449-4708-5381
Switch FC
SW-7045-4156-8715
I still got mine too! I have the green see-through n64 (kinky :shades: ) with the expansion pack

I just have the original gray one.

I was lucky. My second game on it was Banjo-Kazooie, and I fell in LOVE with Rare's old work. The only N64 Rare platformer I don't have is Conker's Bad Fur Day (which I really should look at getting). :grin:

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Finally got New Leaf today. I spent all the time talking to the residents and farming shells from the beach so I could pay Tom Nook.

I also tested the game to see if Mr. Resetti would appear. :p
He doesn't appear again after the first unless you build the reset center

Which I will wait on for the time being...

Moon Monkey

Smash Hero
NNID
Mr.MoonMonkey
Switch FC
SW-0550-3588-6412

I was lucky. My second game on it was Banjo-Kazooie, and I fell in LOVE with Rare's old work. The only N64 Rare platformer I don't have is Conker's Bad Fur Day (which I really should look at getting).
The only 2 games i can't seem to find is my Mario 64 and my Banjo-Tooie.

i'm upset i can't plat Banjo ive been getting an itch to play through that game again

TheFirstPoppyBro

ᕦ_(⌐■+|+■)_ᕤ
NNID
breloomer236
3DS FC
2449-4708-5381
Switch FC
SW-7045-4156-8715
The only 2 games i can't seem to find is my Mario 64 and my Banjo-Tooie.

i'm upset i can't plat Banjo ive been getting an itch to play through that game again

I love my golden Majora's Mask cartridge...

Anyway, I recently played Tooie for no reason, and I just ran around pecking things and talking to people I helped. :chuckle:

TheTuninator

Smash Champion
I'm pretty cool with not being able to turn off stage hazards. Some stages are always going to be a royal pain in the ass and should stay that way. Plenty of hazard-free competitive stages will always exist.

Not sure how I feel about balance patching, to be honest. I really hope that Sakurai doesn't cave to the inevitable knee-jerk complaints of "character X is OP plz nerf" immediately following launch. Tiers are so ephemeral and quick-changing during that time that balance patching really is pointless.

Also interesting is his remark about no longer feeling personally responsible for the balance of each individual move on each character. Pretty much solidifies what we thought in that his statements regarding an inability to handle larger roster size do not really apply anymore with the new team on board.

Gargaglione

Smash Lord

I was lucky. My second game on it was Banjo-Kazooie, and I fell in LOVE with Rare's old work. The only N64 Rare platformer I don't have is Conker's Bad Fur Day (which I really should look at getting). :grin:

I actually got a copy of Conker's Bad Fur Day for like 70 dollars (which is considerably cheap for a Conker copy), and I gotta say, it didn't disappoint.
I consider it to be one of my very favorite games now

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
I'm pretty cool with not being able to turn off stage hazards. Some stages are always going to be a royal pain in the *** and should stay that way. Plenty of hazard-free competitive stages will always exist.
I'm not. Both should be an option. There's nothing wrong with more options for everybody. It doesn't hurt anybody if it's off.

Not sure how I feel about balance patching, to be honest. I really hope that Sakurai doesn't cave to the inevitable knee-jerk complaints of "character X is OP plz nerf" immediately following launch. Tiers are so ephemeral and quick-changing during that time that balance patching really is pointless.
That's why they're done in slow updates. It's also notified to everyone which update you should have before a Tourney.

Also interesting is his remark about no longer feeling personally responsible for the balance of each individual move on each character. Pretty much solidifies what we thought in that his statements regarding an inability to handle larger roster size do not really apply anymore with the new team on board.
Is this a recent remark? He kind of said this really early in Smash For's development.

TheFirstPoppyBro

ᕦ_(⌐■+|+■)_ᕤ
NNID
breloomer236
3DS FC
2449-4708-5381
Switch FC
SW-7045-4156-8715
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=aX2KNyaoNV4#t=36s

Was watching the megaman reveal trailer again, and I linked it directly to where he firstly dodges bowsers punch with a regular dodge move but straight after he manages to dodge samus's smash attack by just ducking. From memory in brawl I don't think any character could dodge a move like this or could they?

Kirby and some of the other smaller characters could for certain moves, like Fox/Falco's Blaster shots.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Kirby and some of the other smaller characters could for certain moves, like Fox/Falco's Blaster shots.

They're too small! :troll:

But yeah, that's kind of neat. I hope he won't be able to constantly and easily dodge stuff, though. He looks like he might actually be somewhat overpowered. Although I doubt this'll be the case in the end.

IsmaR

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
BRoomer
Ooromine IV, the second planet from the sun FS-176
NNID
Super_Sand_Lezbo
3DS FC
3179-6068-0031
Switch FC
SW-7639-0141-7804
I've always admired Ninty for not caving to every single complaint, even if it was because of the limitations of technology available to even do patches. They fix legitimate bugs every now and then (MK7 Maka Wuhu exploit comes to mind), and make certain changes for the better from feedback (again citing MK7 as an example, considering the item hell that was MK Wii) for future games.

While I'm not opposed to the idea of patches themselves, I've seen some of my favorite games repeatedly destroyed from constant balance tweaking due to the loudest fan outcry, not because of actual issues. I don't fear what'll happen to Smash or anything, just would hate to see it succumb to similar fate.

TheFirstPoppyBro

ᕦ_(⌐■+|+■)_ᕤ
NNID
breloomer236
3DS FC
2449-4708-5381
Switch FC
SW-7045-4156-8715
They're too small! :troll:

But yeah, that's kind of neat. I hope he won't be able to constantly and easily dodge stuff, though. He looks like he might actually be somewhat overpowered. Although I doubt this'll be the case in the end.

Maybe so, but my Blaster-spamming bro always gets :troll:ed by my Kirby because I duck.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Maybe so, but my Blaster-spamming bro always gets :troll:ed by my Kirby because I duck.

And I thought it was Kirby who sucked. :awesome:

But seriously, I mean if it's super easy to dodge everything. Being able to dodge laser spam, but not most other moves is fine with me. Not even MK could do that.

Luco

Smash Hero
NNID
dracilus
3DS FC
2638-1462-5558
I'd love this track in Smash

I agree. Maybe they will use the Lost Tracks of Brawl for Smash 4?
Ohh! I love the lost tracks too!! <3

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wLmHn1JfZQk That's an old favourite of mine from that selection. =D

Sonic getting cut in SSB4 would cause a massive ****storm coming from what's considered by some to be one of the worst fanbases to exist...

I shudder at the thought. I fear for the day Sonic is disconfirmed... if it happens, that is.
Agreeeeeeeed!

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Whether Beware the Mushroom Forest was one of the lost tracks has no confirmation, but ANYONE that says they have THE version is wrong

TheFirstPoppyBro

ᕦ_(⌐■+|+■)_ᕤ
NNID
breloomer236
3DS FC
2449-4708-5381
Switch FC
SW-7045-4156-8715
I don't really care if it would've been a different rendition, Partners in Time Boss Battle theme would've been amazing.

Anything from Mario and Luigi (minus Gritzy Desert, because it already was in Brawl) would be great, especially Superstar Saga.

TheFirstPoppyBro

ᕦ_(⌐■+|+■)_ᕤ
NNID
breloomer236
3DS FC
2449-4708-5381
Switch FC
SW-7045-4156-8715
It seems like there's a few under-represented spin-offs.

Namely Mario & Luigi and Mystery Dungeon. Paper Mario, too.

SmashShadow

Smash Champion
3DS FC
0104-0598-9588
And I thought it was Kirby who sucked. :awesome:

But seriously, I mean if it's super easy to dodge everything. Being able to dodge laser spam, but not most other moves is fine with me. Not even MK could do that.
How is he supposed to scrunch down with that mask on his face? :troll:

Rebellious Treecko

Smash Hero
It seems like there's a few under-represented spin-offs.

Namely Mario & Luigi and Mystery Dungeon. Paper Mario, too.
I'd certainly love a stage from Superstar Saga or any Mario & Luigi game. Paper Mario and PMD are also deserving of music tracks and a stage.

I noticed that the main Wario Land series was surprisingly ignored in SSBB as well. There were hardly any Wario-themed trophies, even from Wario-Ware.

D

Deleted member

Something I posted in another thread.
A minor update on the "pra_mai" case.

It turns out that another way of looking at the "Each Player" translation (which I still think is false) is "My Player", since "mai" can be EITHER "each" or "my".
So if it really is that sort of translation, then it could have been a reference to a custom character. Which would make a crapton more sense than the other translation being a reference to the Random box, given that it's in the character effects data.

Still looking more into this.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Yeah. Either the dual Pokemon, or a custom character. Maybe it was for the Alloys? Were they in the regular Fighter data?

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
They are already in the data as "zakoboy", "zakogirl", "zakochild", and "zakoball".

My thought is that you could've possible chose any of them. Albeit, they'd be multiplayer only, probably.

Didn't all the regular Bosses have entirely different data? Like an entirely different area due to their design. HP Meter and all.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom