• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Super Smash Bros 4 (Wii U/3DS) Topic

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheFirstPoppyBro

ᕦ_(⌐■+|+■)_ᕤ
NNID
breloomer236
3DS FC
2449-4708-5381
Switch FC
SW-7045-4156-8715
Why? They should just actually buff Zelda, and not make her depandant on Sheik.

Cool that you think it makes a lot of sence though. Most people here are in hard denial don't agree with us on this. :smirk:

I'm fine with Impa as a stand-alone, and I'm sure a lot more people are too. It's just that you keep cutting Sheik for Impa that gets me. Why not just make Impa stand-alone, buff Zelda, keep Sheik, and make everyone happy, finally able to use which one they want?

Moon Monkey

Smash Hero
NNID
Mr.MoonMonkey
Switch FC
SW-0550-3588-6412
Seeing as Link kept his Brawl look, I suspect the same will happen to the other Zelda characters, meaning they keep their Brawl looks, but have the color scheme changed to fit the new art style.
Hopefully she has blonde hair again, wasn't a fan of her brunette look.

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
Impa makes much more sense as a standalone rather than as a Sheik substitute for the sake of relevancy or recency that means nothing, as proven countless times already.

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
Hopefully she has blonde hair again, wasn't a fan of her brunette look.
Well, she did have a color scheme based on Ocarina of Time (pink dress + blonde hair) in Brawl.

The triforce of wisdom says she may have a spot on the roster :p
Are you making an allusion to those infamous CD-i games? Methinks you do. :smirk::p

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630
Was that image of Chrom appearing on the Arena Ferox stage fake or something? Or was it even said to come from Smash.

Metal Overlord

Smash Hero
Tripping is fine if it's a result of walking too dangerously on slippery surfaces or walking on a banana, it's just random tripping that needs to hit that door for us

Gargaglione

Smash Lord
Link didn't keep his Brawl look; he's now modeled more after his Skyward Sword design, which is very similar to the Twilight Princess design, which is why it seems that way. It's hard to tell without the filters of SS, but it's most notable in that Link's clothes is brighter and more colorful,

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
Tripping is fine if it's a result of walking too dangerously on slippery surfaces or walking on a banana, it's just random tripping that needs to hit that door for us
Well, Sakurai stated that tripping is gone, but I'm sure he was referring to random tripping.

LaniusShrike

Smash Champion
Was that image of Chrom appearing on the Arena Ferox stage fake or something? Or was it even said to come from Smash.

That comparison picture that someone posted? That was showing a fight in FE: Awakening, it wasn't intended to be proof that Chrom was getting in, just to show that they're clearly the same stage.

Moon Monkey

Smash Hero
NNID
Mr.MoonMonkey
Switch FC
SW-0550-3588-6412
Well, she did have a color scheme based on Ocarina of Time (pink dress + blonde hair) in Brawl.
That's true, I also wonder if they will still stick with her Twilight Princess hairstyle or the Skyward Sword look.
I'm just overall excited to see these new character designs. Loving Fox & DK's fur and Link's hair; can't wait to see how Peach, Zelda and Falco's hair/feathers look.

FlareHabanero

Banned via Warnings
Oh, the comparison picuture. I thought it was like some sort of Photoshop type thing where someone poorly cropped Chrom onto the stage and try (emphasis on try) to persuade people that it's real.

Also while Oasis is here, is this outfit Strong enough?

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
Link didn't keep his Brawl look; he's now modeled more after his Skyward Sword design, which is very similar to the Twilight Princess design, which is why it seems that way. It's hard to tell without the filters of SS, but it's most notable in that Link's clothes is brighter and more colorful,
He did. Same model shape, just different colors. There are some details that give it away that it's TP Link with SS Link colors.

Evidence is right here:

Special attention goes to the gauntlets and the shield.

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
I'm fine with Impa as a stand-alone, and I'm sure a lot more people are too. It's just that you keep cutting Sheik for Impa that gets me. Why not just make Impa stand-alone, buff Zelda, keep Sheik, and make everyone happy, finally able to use which one they want?
Because we don't always get our cake and eat it. :troll:

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630
It's most likely fake.

But out of curiosity, what image?
NEVERMIND, I'm an idiot. I guess in the heat of EXCITEMENT, I must have put two images into one, and thought someone's comparison photo of Chrom appearing in Arena Ferox in Awakening, shown next to an image of Arena Ferox in Smash, was a picture of Chrom appearing in the background of the stage.

Gingerbread Man

Smash Lord
I think Link is our big hint for whats hes going to look like in the Zelda Wii U game. Sakurai most likely was shown some sort of concept for the new game.

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
He did. Same model shape, just different colors. There are some details that give it away that it's TP Link with SS Link colors.

Special attention goes to the gauntlets and the shield.
So, basically SS Link borrowed TP Link's gauntlets and shield. :smirk:

FlareHabanero

Banned via Warnings
I think Link is our big hint for whats hes going to look like in the Zelda Wii U game. Sakurai most likely was shown some sort of concept for the new game.
I wouldn't exactly say that, though at the same time Link looking like that shouldn't be surprising. Link has always had a pretty consistent design, both his realistic and cartoon looks.

Moon Monkey

Smash Hero
NNID
Mr.MoonMonkey
Switch FC
SW-0550-3588-6412
Speaking of Link, has his side special been revealed yet? I haven't found anything regarding that.

FlareHabanero

Banned via Warnings
Speaking of Link, has his side special been revealed yet? I haven't found anything regarding that.
His neutral and up special have been revealed, while his side and down have not. Though it's safe to assume all of the specials are going to be the familiar bow, bomb, and boomerang from the other games, with the exceptions of possibly modifications like with the Gale Boomerang.

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
So, basically SS Link borrowed TP Link's gauntlets and shield. :smirk:
Not exactly. Check the details on the clothing, such as the stitches on the tunic.

Also, his bow and bombs? Match their Twilight Princess appearances too.

[collapse="Here be evidence"]
[/collapse]

Moon Monkey

Smash Hero
NNID
Mr.MoonMonkey
Switch FC
SW-0550-3588-6412
His neutral and up special have been revealed, while his side and down have not. Though it's safe to assume all of the specials are going to be the familiar bow, bomb, and boomerang from the other games, with the exceptions of possibly modifications like with the Gale Boomerang.
Yeah, I'm curious to see if the Gale Boomerang will return or not. Or will see some moveset tweaks down the line, like Pit and Bowser has.

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
Bombs and bow are the same as Twilight Princess and Brawl. Check my response to Arcadenik.

FlareHabanero

Banned via Warnings
Also, it seems like his bombs were shown.

God damn, I'm losing my touch.

By the way Habanero, you'll never look Stronger than me:
Oh, I'm not trying to be Stronger then you. Just wondering if it was generally Strong, because I don't want to be weak.

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630
The screenshot with the bomb is a very unflattering picture of Link.

Anyway they dang Master Sword there is the one from TP. Pretty sure that was kind of important to SS.

Then yes, Habanero. You are very Strong. *pat head*

Gargaglione

Smash Lord
Do you think it could become the Skyward Strike? Or do you reckon its going to stay the Gale or Normal rang he's had in the past.
The Skyward Strike requires Link to hold up his sword in the air for a good moment, so it wouldn't make sense to replace the boomerang like that.

TaichiYaegashi

Smash Ace
Personally I more then welcome this Link into SSB4, I found SS Link to look odd in comparison, especially his over exaggerated lips which looks ugly.
At least make his weapons he use look like their SS counterparts though (Bomb, Bow, Shield as well, etc)

In terms of most recent I realize SS would have fit better but besides that...

Moon Monkey

Smash Hero
NNID
Mr.MoonMonkey
Switch FC
SW-0550-3588-6412
Do you think it could become the Skyward Strike? Or do you reckon its going to stay the Gale or Normal rang he's had in the past.
The boomerang has been one of the iconic items for Link in Smash as well as his games, I would assume we just get a Gale-less boomerang.
But hey! I'm open to anything that will make Link better, because his recovery isn't doing the guy any justice! :laugh:

Gargaglione

Smash Lord
Personally I more then this Link into SSB4, I found SS Link to look odd in comparison, especially his over exaggerated lips which looks ugly.
At least make his weapons he use look like their SS counterparts though (Bomb, Bow, Shield as well, etc)

In terms of most recent I realize SS would have fit better but besides that...
I personally dislike the Twilight Princess design. It has a lot of angst and tries really hard to make Link look cool. The SS design is less serious, more vibrant, and isn't "way past cool"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom