• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Super Smash Bros 4 (Wii U/3DS) Topic

Status
Not open for further replies.

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
Let's bring some attention to this for a moment. I've always had issues with secretly feeling like forumgoers hate me too.
I know you may be joking, but it's uncomfortable, I know.

But this is the internet. The only people who hate other people who they met on the internet are idiots.
Already heard that a hundred times. I often am not a joker, but I have plenty of concerns of my surroundings.

That doesn't mean he is overrated.

I don't mean this to sound condescending, but how does that differentiate her from sword-users=??? Does her staff/rod thing work differently=???

I don't know much about Palutena outside of the original Kid Icarus. I haven't seen much of her in Uprising, so I would like to know more about her staff/rod thing and how it would/could potentially work in smash bros.

Okay, that sounds nice, but what other things would she provide=??? Feed me more info.

I think we just need more tournament diversity. You know, more high/mid/low/bottom tier tournaments, more unique stage playable lists (sadly, Brawl had too many "bad" stages, as did Melee kinda sorta), and of course crazy match ups and whatnot for teams (which is always super underrated in competitive and casual smash).

Well I think there's a chance it could happen, but in all likelihood the best character will be more closer to Melee Fox (the undisputed best, but not super broken) than Meta Knight (broken in most regardless), although it will probably be in the middle of the two. Still, patches can fix that, and Sakurai is open to patches, so yehhhh! :)

Skipping that.

Well, it can be used to whack ppl with it, and create projectiles, so it's versatile, and for those who seen the Anime short, "Power of Caging!" I'm sure that means she can summon other types of stuff with it.

It could be used for both close-ranged combat, and delivering projectiles when it came to the game. And I'm somewhat sure she used it to grant Pit the Power of Flight (is how Pit flies). After all, she is the one guiding him around during flight, and the staff is how she does it. There's also that shield she has on her left arm which iirc, creates that big slow-moving projectile that shoots faster-moving projectiles in the boss battle in Uprising.

The first official non-blonde female (Zelda was blonde in melee, and Nana isn't technically the main one of the ICs, so yea) if she was playable. You need to see more of Uprising to have a feel on her personality, besides being kind-hearted, loves playing around and teasing Pit sometimes. She could be one of those talkative characters too, though it seems annoying, not many Nintendo franchises (besides Starfox) talked a lot. That's optional.

I know. Character diversity would have been nicer as I would hate to see more than 50% of a tourney roster be MK.

We will see if it will be true. Good thing Sakurai now has help from other developers this time.

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
Accepting someone's opinion isn't the same as agreeing with it.
The difference is it's nearly always rude to not accept someone's opinions whereas it's perfectly fine to disagree as long as you're not intentionally trying to shove your opinions down their throat or be a jerk about it. :wario:

lobotheduck21

Smash Master
NNID
@AntwonGodefroy
3DS FC
4914-4683-5067
If toaster is batman, I'm Mister Fantastic

if I'm a mash character I'm Father Mulcahy (I know this is wrong)

Jaedrik

Man-at-Arms-at-Keyboard
AESTHETICS MEAN NOTHING AND I SAY THIS IN COMPLETE CONTRADICTION TO MY CUBE THINGY WITH MANLY A WHILE BACK.
All that matters is how they play. DIS MUH STANDARD BRUH. Admiral Pit, Imma call you out, sucka, hair color doesn't mean jack. I couldn't care less if all the males in Brawl were blonde. (I myself am blonde :awesome:)

I switched to the classic controller recently. That thing has a huge deadzone and mad acceleration, and a very high maximum deflection, I can't dash dance any more. :(

Johnknight1

Upward and Forward, Positive and Persistent
NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
If we're choosing heroes, then I choose to be Johnknight1. :shades:
If toaster is batman, I'm Mister Fantastic
Mister Fantastic is underrated.
Her staff isn't really a physical weapon. Think of a wizard's staff. If you're looking for staff users like Kilik for Smash, think Bandana Dee and Krystal. Palutena and Medusa are more magical, less physical.
Does Palutena use just standard magic=??? What about any kind of elemental attacks or magic=???

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630
Since I made the Ridley thread that means I'm the leader of all Ridley supporters and I deem Shorts pardoned of all Ridley Slander, and that all Ridley supporters must give him a big hug and to say at least one nice thing about him.

LaniusShrike

Smash Champion
If we're choosing heroes, then I choose to be Johnknight1. :shades:

Mister Fantastic is underrated.

Does Palutena use just standard magic=??? What about any kind of elemental attacks or magic=???

Palutena uses Light/Sun elemental magic. Giant solar lasers, blinding flashes of light, that whole thing. I'm fairly confident that her moveset could be easily differentiated from the existing characters.
http://kidicarus.wikia.com/wiki/Palutena#Battle

Moon Monkey

Smash Hero
NNID
Mr.MoonMonkey
Switch FC
SW-0550-3588-6412
Since I made the Ridley thread that means I'm the leader of all Ridley supporters and I deem Shorts pardoned of all Ridley Slander, and that all Ridley supporters must give him a big hug and to say at least one nice thing about him.
But milord! You must reconsider! Our way of life has been disrespected!

Johnknight1

NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
Well, it can be used to whack ppl with it, and create projectiles, so it's versatile, and for those who seen the Anime short, "Power of Caging!" I'm sure that means she can summon other types of stuff with it.
So you're saying she could summon allies, and create projectiles=??? What kind of allies and projectiles=??? Her troops, for sure, but I don't know what else.
The first official non-blonde female (Zelda was blonde in melee, and Nana isn't technically the main one of the ICs, so yea) if she was playable. You need to see more of Uprising to have a feel on her personality, besides being kind-hearted, loves playing around and teasing Pit sometimes. She could be one of those talkative characters too, though it seems annoying, not many Nintendo franchises (besides Starfox) talked a lot. That's optional.
I don't mind more talkers, so long as Pit's English Brawl voice actor never returns again.
I know. Character diversity would have been nicer as I would hate to see more than 50% of a tourney roster be MK.
Not only that, but Meta Knight was boring to watch. He spammed the same 3 moves over and over, and combined with Brawl's gameplay, it was just bad. At least with Smash 64 Pikachu or Melee Fox they were fun to watch (IMO), and weren't that good at camping.
We will see if it will be true. Good thing Sakurai now has help from other developers this time.
I wouldn't mind being proven wrong by Sakurai that she could be as unique or more unique than most of the newcomers.

IsmaR

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
BRoomer
Ooromine IV, the second planet from the sun FS-176
NNID
Super_Sand_Lezbo
3DS FC
3179-6068-0031
Switch FC
SW-7639-0141-7804
He's always seemed lame to me.
Oh look a purple dragon antagonist whoop-de-doo. He interests me about as much as Waluigi.

And I'm fully expecting to get lashed out at by a bunch of Ridley fans. But I don't judge people for liking Ridley. To each their own.
If I get yelled at for this it just means I'm the better man. kekekeke
That's a silly assumption. I may as well welcome each Ridley-detractor by offering them an armchair and some tea.
The stereotype of Ridley supporters lashing out at everything that moves isn't exactly unjustifiable, I admit, but there's no reason to feel superior for any reason for being 'above' them.~

I hate the feeling you really do hate me Ismar... :(
That Pistol-Packin' Hermaphrodite
Good morning, Admiral Pit.
14 hrs ago via AIM

My status on AIM.

Let's bring some attention to this for a moment. I've always had issues with secretly feeling like forumgoers hate me too.
I know you may be joking, but it's uncomfortable, I know.

But this is the internet. The only people who hate other people who they know purely on the internet are idiots. If someone is bothering you disregard it. No shame in that.
Hate isn't a strong enough word. Too bad I think negatively of everything and everyone, even people I like.

Johnknight1

NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
Palutena uses Light/Sun elemental magic. Giant solar lasers, blinding flashes of light, that whole thing. I'm fairly confident that her moveset could be easily differentiated from the existing characters.
http://kidicarus.wikia.com/wiki/Palutena#Battle
Now this sounds unique, and this is what I was asking for. Thanks a million; the visuals especially help. That's a lot better than the "meh" PSA's I've seen for Palutena in the Brawl Vault that just have generic wanna-be Zelda magic attacks. This, on the other hand, looks and sounds like it could be very unique.

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
That's a silly assumption. I may as well welcome each Ridley-detractor by offering them an armchair and some tea.
The stereotype of Ridley supporters lashing out at everything that moves isn't exactly unjustifiable, I admit, but there's no reason to feel superior for any reason for being 'above' them
It was a joke, damn it.

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
Let's just put it this way: Miss Fit tossed out all speculation conventions out of the window. Anything can happen at this point. Heck, the Villager might as well count since Sakurai "went against his word".
This actually gives me some hope for Duck Hunt Dog... people used to say that Duck Hunt Dog cannot be in Smash because he never fought before and his moveset cannot be made up... I've always pointed that Duck Hunt Dog could "fight" by hunting ducks... where the unseen hunter is the person playing Duck Hunt and he is shooting from the fourth wall... and the dog points fingers (parodying hunting dogs who point at prey) and the hunter shoots at the spot the dog is pointing at. But of course, some people said this makes no sense... but hello, Smash never made sense in the first place anyway. Oh, and people used to say that Duck Hunt Dog cannot get in because he has no name... but really, how is "Duck Hunt Dog" any different from "Wii Fit Trainer"?

If Sakurai can change his mind on Villager, perhaps he might change his mind on Balloon Fighter and Sukapon? I am not so sure about Nintendogs... but hey, maybe Duck Hunt Dog's palette swaps might have him change breeds based on other Nintendogs. Imagine Duck Hunt Dog as a Golden Retriever, a Dalmatian, a German Shepherd, or even a RoboPup. :awesome:

Johnknight1

NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
You'd pick that guy? But he's not a hero, he's a zero. :troll:
Oh rhyming,
it's all about the timing
not about your chiming
now stop doing the miming.
1. I wouldn't mind giving you a hug. ;)
2. I'm a hug man brah. Bro hugs are always epic.
3. Ridley is THE CUNNING GOD OF DEATH!!!

SirGalvan

Smash Journeyman
Was just watching Storage Wars and they found this limited time board game that only Japan had and the guy never heard of Mario

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
So you're saying she could summon allies, and create projectiles=??? What kind of allies and projectiles=??? Her troops, for sure, but I don't know what else.

I don't mind more talkers, so long as Pit's English Brawl voice actor never returns again.

Not only that, but Meta Knight was boring to watch. He spammed the same 3 moves over and over, and combined with Brawl's gameplay, it was just bad. At least with Smash 64 Pikachu or Melee Fox they were fun to watch (IMO), and weren't that good at camping.

I wouldn't mind being proven wrong by Sakurai that she could be as unique or more unique than most of the newcomers.

Well, she can summon her centurions which was one of her boss battle moves. It creates projectiles yes, but the main 2 were standard light projectiles that came in sets of 3 (either in a 1-2-3 fashion, or all at once, and she can do this 2-3 times consecutively), and a slightly slower-but better-homing projectile that has a chance to inflict weakening, which was an effect that halves your health.
There's also a move in which she creates a huge pillar of light that surrounds her which does damage if you touch it. It's like her charging move if you will.

Pit has a new brilliant voice actor that is Anthony Del-Rio, so don't worry.

MK was definitely boring, and annoying. I just don't like 64 or melee, it's just me.

Looking forward to that challenge.

That Pistol-Packin' Hermaphrodite
Good morning, Admiral Pit.
14 hrs ago via AIM

My status on AIM.

AIM was broken or I was sleeping. D: Why you no send me message?

Jaedrik

Man-at-Arms-at-Keyboard
why not dog it would be nintendog and duck hunt dog and real life dog it would be the best
Was just watching Storage Wars and they found this limited time board game that only Japan had and the guy never heard of Mario
lololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom