• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Super Smash Bros 4 (Wii U/3DS) Topic

Status
Not open for further replies.

Johnknight1

Upward and Forward, Positive and Persistent
NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
It was a joke, damn it.
Jokes have a setup or a certain "feel" to them, as well as a rhyme and a reason (together).

That line you wrote did not have that, which is why I made my statement on your post, which is why you made your misconstrued response.
but really, how is "Duck Hunt Dog" any different from "Wii Fit Trainer"?
The Duck Hunt Dog isn't super unique, isn't from a super popular series, and doesn't add anything that someone else can't already add or pull of better.

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
Jokes have a setup or a certain "feel" to them, as well as a rhyme and a reason (together).

That line you wrote did not have that, which is why I made my statement on your post, which is why you made your misconstrued response.
I was joking. It was a joke. Stop being so serious about it. Me being above other people was. I made sure to make it obvious by what I put immediately after it.

Though, I did get mad because people are misinterpreting my lack of appeal for Ridley to be a silly misdirected attack against Ridley supporters.

Seriously. I've had enough internet for a day.

Moon Monkey

Smash Hero
NNID
Mr.MoonMonkey
Switch FC
SW-0550-3588-6412
Oh rhyming,it's all about the timing
not about your chiming
now stop doing the miming.
Making up rhymes is like flying a kite.
Once you find a rythm, then your doing it right.
Magical words that take off with flight.
Haters will hate, but rhymes will keep them quite
Let all fear the MoonKnights and their lyrical might.

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104

The Duck Hunt Dog isn't super unique, isn't from a super popular series, and doesn't add anything that someone else can't already add or pull of better.
And who seriously thought this with Miss Fit?

Johnknight1

NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
Well, she can summon her centurions which was one of her boss battle moves. It creates projectiles yes, but the main 2 were standard light projectiles that came in sets of 3 (either in a 1-2-3 fashion, or all at once, and she can do this 2-3 times consecutively), and a slightly slower-but better-homing projectile that has a chance to inflict weakening, which was an effect that halves your health.
There's also a move in which she creates a huge pillar of light that surrounds her which does damage if you touch it. It's like her charging move if you will.
I wanna see a huge pillar of light move happen now.
Pit has a new brilliant voice actor that is Anthony Del-Rio, so don't worry.
I think we heard him in the Smash WiiU/3DS trailer/gameplay, so yeah! However, I'm still kinda worried Pit's old English Brawl voice actor returns to voice another character. My goodness, could you imagine that fool being the voice of say K. Rool=???
Looking forward to that challenge.
Even if it doesn't happen this time around, there's always Smash 6, in which Palutena would be a huge favorite.

lobotheduck21

Smash Master
NNID
@AntwonGodefroy
3DS FC
4914-4683-5067
It gonna be real great tonight
When you hear my lyrical might
It'll make loose muscles very uptight
And give Phobos the feeling of fright.

Johnknight1

NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
I was joking. It was a joke. Stop being so serious about it. Me being above other people was. I made sure to make it obvious by what I put immediately after it.

Though, I did get mad because people are misinterpreting my lack of appeal for Ridley to be a silly misdirected attack against Ridley supporters.
Well then clear up your statements on the follow up and say "you misread it, but I wrote it a confusing way, my bad." That fixes everything, instead of giving these mixed messages and weird responses that you've been giving since then, and it saves us a lot of time.
And who seriously thought this with Miss Fit?
She can do fitness moves and do all kinds of crazy movements that "fit her" in a way that doesn't really fit any other Nintendo character.

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
I wanna see a huge pillar of light move happen now.

I think we heard him in the Smash WiiU/3DS trailer/gameplay, so yeah! However, I'm still kinda worried Pit's old English Brawl voice actor returns to voice another character. My goodness, could you imagine that fool being the voice of say K. Rool=???

Even if it doesn't happen this time around, there's always Smash 6, in which Palutena would be a huge favorite.

You'd love it if you see it in the boss battle. Beautiful colors of blue and white, swirling around.

We haven't yet. Too early of development. No comment about the croc.

Then what happened to Smash5?

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
And Meowth is still not playable in Smash. :(
Low priority. Jigglypuff was the biggest fan favorite first. Everybody else had a movie, or in Pikachu's case, was the mascot. Likewise, Pokemon Trainer is somewhat of a key player to the basic games, so he got priority with some fairly popular Pokemon.(Ivysaur excluded)

Johnknight1

NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
It gonna be real great tonight
When you hear my lyrical might
It'll make loose muscles very uptight
And give Phobos the feeling of fright.
If you're looking for a fight
you best not test your might
on the great one, Johnknight.

On my teeth I will bite
as I hit you with all my might
falling down will be your last sight
and I will kiss you "good night"
like what happened to Anderson Silva tonight.

IsmaR

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
BRoomer
Ooromine IV, the second planet from the sun FS-176
NNID
Super_Sand_Lezbo
3DS FC
3179-6068-0031
Switch FC
SW-7639-0141-7804
Bring it on

He's mad cute.

It was a joke, damn it.

AIM was broken or I was sleeping. D: Why you no send me message?
I was busy on Skype with Miss Ay, and replying to this, of course.

Seriously. I've had enough internet for a day.
You brought this on yourself.

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
She can do fitness moves and do all kinds of crazy movements that "fit her" in a way that doesn't really fit any other Nintendo character.
Where does that come into play when it comes to the actual playstyle?

Johnknight1

NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
Duck Hunt was pretty popular during the NES era. Whenever the Duck Hunt game is discussed, the dog is often mentioned. The dog is synonymous with Duck Hunt... and Duck Hunt is synonymous with the NES.It's gotten plenty of references in popular culture and Internet culture.

You cannot tell me that Duck Hunt Dog isn't unique nor doesn't add anything new. Would you say the same about Wii Fit Trainer if someone suggested her BEFORE she was confirmed? They would be mocked and flamed for suggesting someone who is utterly mundane (LOL yoga instructor).

Johnknight1

NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
Well, who else has that as part of their repertoire as their character=???

I mean, it's natural to see the Wii Fit Trainer doing that, because that's her thing. But if say Ganondorf were to do that as a moveset, it would make no sense.

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
Well then clear up your statements on the follow up and say "you misread it, but I wrote it a confusing way, my bad." That fixes everything, instead of giving these mixed messages and weird responses that you've been giving since then, and it saves us a lot of time.
I haven't been serious in this thread most of the time.
I'm not going to stop now. You can keep following my sleep-deprived antics like you're actually legitimately upset I'm not wording my responses the way you want, or we can be best friends forever~

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908

I was busy on Skype with Miss Ay, and replying to this, of course.

You brought this on yourself.

I'm sorry :colorful:
I get more and more ... senile with the less sleep I get.

Edit: Case in point, this is the first time I've ever double posted. ._.

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
That's the thing... we don't even know what is her playstyle... all we know is that she attacks by exercising.

Well, who else has that as part of their repertoire as their character=???

I mean, it's natural to see the Wii Fit Trainer doing that, because that's her thing. But if say Ganondorf were to do that as a moveset, it would make no sense.
Who else? The male Wii Fit Trainer and Miis. :troll:

And umm, Ganondorf is a Captain Falcon clone in Melee and Brawl. That makes no sense either.

lobotheduck21

Smash Master
NNID
@AntwonGodefroy
3DS FC
4914-4683-5067
If you're looking for a fight
you best not test your might
on the great one, Johnknight.

On my teeth I will bite
as I hit you with all my might
falling down will be your last sight
and I will kiss you "good night"
like what happened to Anderson Silva tonight.
What happened to being on the same team
We were gonna fulfill the smasher's dream
Turning our enemies into hilarious memes
While listening to their incredible screams

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Are they getting really upset over people not liking suggestions to put Goku in the game? :awesome:
Someone said "Join my clan, the marquis, which I joked as "The maquis" and said "Didn't they all get killed off by the Dominion"

Johnknight1

NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
And umm, Ganondorf is a Captain Falcon clone in Melee and Brawl. That makes no sense either.
That makes a bit of sense, since they have similar bodies and seeing as how Ganondorf has more power and less speed. But still, it does lack quite a bit of logic, especially since Ganondorf primarily relies upon his sword(s) and dark magic rather than his physical hand-to-hand combat power.
Wikipedia says she also voiced Lucas and Lyn in the game. Dunno it it's legit.
The "NOOOHH!!!" Lucas screams is arguably the greatest thing ever. But yeah, that dude can voice those 2 characters still I guess.

D

Deleted member

Wikipedia says she also voiced Lucas and Lyn in the game. Dunno it it's legit.
It's legit.
His voice actress in Brawl is Rouge the Bat's pre-4Kids voice actress, Lani Minella.
She also voices Ivy Valentine of Soul Calibur.

So it's once again Johnknight making snide comments without proper research. Oops.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom