• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Super Smash Bros 4 (Wii U/3DS) Topic

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member

The part in that lava cave where you roll around on a boulder. I can tell I probably screwed it up somewhere, since I've tried everything I can think of. Right after you get the Bomb Bag, iirc.

I also haven't played the game in a while, but I should start it back up soon.
You mean in the Earth temple? I can't remember, but I recall that part stalling me a bit. I remember you had to bump the little things on the side with the ball, once you progress after getting the bomb bag. I remember being stuck because I didn't notice you could crawl under the fence. After that, just throw a bomb at the rock on the platform leading to the Lizard dude. After that it's pretty straight-forward.

Also, check your map, you can bomb break a wall in the lava.

Vintage Creep

Smash Master
NNID
VintageCreep
I have to admit one problem with Skyward Sword was that the dungeons were a little bit too easy. Especially the one in which you fight Ghirahim for the second time, that one I made it in like... 20-30 minutes? The last one was great though.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
You mean in the Earth temple? I can't remember, but I recall that part stalling me a bit. I remember you had to bump the little things on the side with the ball, once you progress after getting the bomb bag. I remember being stuck because I didn't notice you could crawl under the fence. After that, just throw a bomb at the rock on the platform leading to the Lizard dude. After that it's pretty straight-forward.

Also, check your map, you can bomb break a wall in the lava.
Okay, thanks for that! I may be able to get my Wii back next week (long story short: I left it at my vacation home the last time we went there...), so I'll try to remember that.

Off-topic, but did you ever get to finish the cube readings, by any chance? Just wondering.

D

Deleted member

Okay, thanks for that! I may be able to get my Wii back next week (long story short: I left it at my vacation home the last time we went there...), so I'll try to remember that.

Off-topic, but did you ever get to finish the cube readings, by any chance? Just wondering.
Cube Readings?

You mean the Goddess Cubes?

Vintage Creep

Smash Master
NNID
VintageCreep
Lol well I have no pictures of them, I'm not that much into them. I am in love with the one in Gangnam Style though, a lot of people are I guess.

Croph

Hold Baroque Inside
NNID
IceCreamStar
3DS FC
3196-4596-5388
I feel like a total Zelda-dunce for saying this, but I'm actually stuck on one part of SS, probably due to my own stupidity...there needs to be something I'm not noticing.
Don't feel bad. I had to check walkthroughs on several occasions because I was stuck on some parts. I kept trying to figure out was I was supposed to do, and sometimes, I was stuck on the same part for more than a day. You know, when that happens, I just give up haha.

I usually don't like using walkthroughs. But an exception would be when I usually play whatever game (Pokemon, Zelda, etc.) for awhile, stop playing (for a couple of days), then go back and forget what the hell am I supposed to do (now I write stuff down). Like sometimes, especially in maze-like levels or if I have a certain objective to do, I forget and I need to look up a walkthrough to get a reminder what my objective is or whatever.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Cube Readings?

You mean the Goddess Cubes?
No no, I meant the cube/ladder/animal thing that you started the other day. Sorry, I should have made that more clear. :p

Don't feel bad. I had to check walkthroughs on several occasions because I was stuck on some parts. I kept trying to figure out was I was supposed to do, and sometimes, I was stuck on the same part for more than a day. You know, when that happens, I just give up haha.

I usually don't like using walkthroughs. But an exception would be when I usually play whatever game (Pokemon, Zelda, etc.) for awhile, stop playing (for a couple of days), then go back and forget what the hell am I supposed to do (now I write stuff down). Like sometimes, especially in maze-like levels or if I have a certain objective to do, I forget and I need to look up a walkthrough to get a reminder what my objective is or whatever.
Oh, this definitely isn't the first time I needed a guide for SS, sadly. The problems all started when I couldn't find the last Kikwi guy. :laugh:

Vintage Creep

Smash Master
NNID
VintageCreep
Water Temple is still best Zelda Dungeon. :link2:
It was nice. Also I remember that I beat it pretty easily, even though is one of the most feared ones.
My favorite is probably the one in Dragon Roost Island... But I'm biased, it was my first 3D Zelda game. Can't wait to play it again.

D

Deleted member

No no, I meant the cube/ladder/animal thing that you started the other day. Sorry, I should have made that more clear. :p
Ahh, I'll do some more later.

I'm finishing up that Roy drawing atm.[/quote]

Bowserlick

Smash Hero
I do not know why developers cannot match Ocarina of Time in terms of quality. (Majora's Mask was a nice follow-up; played like Groundhog's Day, a great movie).

Skyward was good. Improvement on Twilight, but only three explorable regions. Still had good things going for it like upgradable equipment and a run meter, but could of went further.

ChronoBound

Smash Hero
My all-time favorite Zelda games are Ocarina of Time, Majora's Mask, Wind Waker, and A Link To The Past. I also really liked Minish Cap, Four Swords Adventures, and Link's Awakening. Twilight Princess did dungeons really well (perhaps the best in the entire series), but I felt the rest of the game fell flat. Skyward Sword felt like a chore to play though. Zelda is really in danger of going the way of Final Fantasy if the next home console Zelda does not blow people away.

Moon Monkey

Smash Hero
NNID
Mr.MoonMonkey
Switch FC
SW-0550-3588-6412
I never beat Ocarina of Time for the N64 I got side tracked between school and other games. So I never got to the Water Temple.
It wasn't until the 3DS version where i bought the game again and beat it. The 3DS version seemed fine to me how bad was the n64 version???

Fastblade5035

Smash Master
NNID
gnic2322
3DS FC
0645-6032-2207
I do not know why developers cannot match Ocarina of Time in terms of quality. (Majora's Mask was a nice follow-up; played like Groundhog's Day, a great movie).

Skyward was good. Improvement on Twilight, but only three explorable regions. Still had good things going for it like upgradable equipment and a run meter, but could of went further.
A Life meter? Hunger meter? Losable clothing? Mandatory sleeping at night?

I never beat Ocarina of Time for the N64 I got side tracked between school and other games. So I never got to the Water Temple.
It wasn't until the 3DS version where i bought the game again and beat it. The 3DS version seemed fine to me how bad was the n64 version???
It just looked more cube-y and less refined. And for some reason the grass is nigh impossible to cut easily in the N64...

Croph

Hold Baroque Inside
NNID
IceCreamStar
3DS FC
3196-4596-5388
Water Temple is still best Zelda Dungeon. :link2:
Oh man. I remember I was stuck in the Water Temple in TP. I got my friend to help me out actually. Turns out that I just needed to find a ladder that was actually in a somewhat obvious location.

I really liked the Snowpeak Temple (is that what it's called?), especially the block puzzles, which was fun to do. Oh, and making that soup!

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104

OoT is so overrated at this point. Don't get me wrong, it's a wonderful and "historical" game, but you have to compare the games in the context of their time period. OoT was a revolutionary game back in 1998. The future Zelda games would naturally have a tough act to follow.

Fastblade5035

Smash Master
NNID
gnic2322
3DS FC
0645-6032-2207
OoT is so overrated at this point. Don't get me wrong, it's a wonderful and "historical" game, but you have to compare the games in the context of their time period. OoT was a revolutionary game back in 1998. The future Zelda games would naturally have a tough act to follow.
This. So much This.
Wind Waker for best 3D Zelda. A Link to the Past for best 2D Zelda.

Robert of Normandy

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
NNID
shinpichu
3DS FC
2251-3915-5139
Switch FC
SW-4957-7233-2307
My favourite Zelda is Wind Waker, followed by Link's Awakening DX. However, those were the first Zeldas I ever played, so I may not be evaluating them fairly. OoT and ALttP would probably be in my top 5 as well.

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
This. So much This.
Wind Waker for best 3D Zelda. A Link to the Past for best 2D Zelda.
Save for the Triforce Quest portion, Wind Waker is probably my favorite 3D Zelda. As for LttP, when I played it when I was around 12-ish, it was a hard game for me. If I went back, it'd be a lot easier for me.

FlareHabanero

Banned via Warnings
Zelda is really in danger of going the way of Final Fantasy if the next home console Zelda does not blow people away.
At this point, I think a better option would be The Mysterious Murasame Castle developed by Platinum Games. Obviously not Zelda, but having a more action based Zelda game somewhat like Okami sounds appealing.

D

Deleted member

They're failing PRECISELY because they're trying to follow in the footsteps of OoT. Twilight Princess was essentially OoT 2.0, and an improvement in just about every way. However, people dislike it in comparison because of nostalgia. Not to mention most of TP's shortcomings are because it lacks its own identity in trying to follow OoT, best example, Ganondorf stealing the spotlight from Zant.

Imo, OoT, while a good game, is THE MOST overrated Zelda by far. People need to stop asking for "a game that matches OoT in terms of quality" and start asking for Nintendo to work with what they have to make Zelda good again.

Zelda is a series that still has tons of potential, but just needs to be re-invented at this point. It is a prime example of why Devs shouldn't listen to fans.

ChronoBound

Smash Hero
I remember how much a big and rabid fanbase Final Fantasy used to have. That was as recently as 2007. A lot really has changed with this generation. There is certainly far more Nintendo hate than I have ever seen before.

Vintage Creep

Smash Master
NNID
VintageCreep
Well they said something is going to change in the next installment (I guess they were referring to the Wii U one).
Skyward Sword was pretty original anyway, in some parts.
I just hope the only change won't be concerning a new way to transport Link (Epona, then Draker, then trains, then a flying bird...).

D

Deleted member

Oh man. I remember I was stuck in the Water Temple in TP. I got my friend to help me out actually. Turns out that I just needed to find a ladder that was actually in a somewhat obvious location.

I really liked the Snowpeak Temple (is that what it's called?), especially the block puzzles, which was fun to do. Oh, and making that soup!
TP's Water Temple pissed me off.

I was stumped for the longest time in what to do. I kept checking and double checking EVERY room, looking for all sorts of options. Then it turns out I just had to look up and use the Clawshot on some lever on the roof.

Moon Monkey

Smash Hero
NNID
Mr.MoonMonkey
Switch FC
SW-0550-3588-6412
A Life meter? Hunger meter? Losable clothing? Mandatory sleeping at night?

It just looked more cube-y and less refined. And for some reason the grass is nigh impossible to cut easily in the N64...
I meant in terms of Water Temple difficulty?

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
Wind Waker was my first, with OoT being the second. (I bought a pre-owned Wind Waker copy that came with Ocarina of Time and Master Quest.)

Four Swords Adventures was very enjoyable when playing with friends and is still one of my favorites. TP was good, but not as memorable as OoT or Wind Waker. I liked Phantom Hourglass and Spirit Tracks, but both games weren't very memorable to me.

Skyward Sword was good and one of the best games I've played.

I have played the original Zelda too and it was memorable because of the challenge it posed. It was a great experience. I played Link's Awakening on the VC and made me feel nostalgic of the old GBC days, even though I never originally bought the game. Looking forward for the Oracle games.

Zelda II... I didn't like it, though I'm going to give it a second chance.
I really need to replay Majora's Mask as well...

I never played the following Zeldas: A Link to the Past (will download to my Wii), Minish Cap and both Oracles.

D

Deleted member

Heeeeey Manly,

Have you ever played Darksiders?
No, but I REALLY want to.

I'm gonna start playing all the Zelda cloness real soon though. Starting with Okami, then moving on to SF Adventures. Once I get a PS3 I'm checking out Darksiders, Bayonetta, Dark Souls, and such.

I'm just waiting for Blazblue Chrono Phantasma to come out in the West to pick up a new PS3.

Moon Monkey

Smash Hero
NNID
Mr.MoonMonkey
Switch FC
SW-0550-3588-6412
Majora's Mask was the first game I played. Twilight was the first I've beaten. I've beaten OoT 3DS after that, and then Skyward Sword.
Skyward sword was a good game, It's just that the hand-holding, and tadtones kept it from being a great game.

@Manly if anything Bayonetta is a DMC clone.

Robert of Normandy

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
NNID
shinpichu
3DS FC
2251-3915-5139
Switch FC
SW-4957-7233-2307
Imho, that game sucks. I understand the similarities with Zelda but it's so shallow and boring-looking. Haven't played the second which was even worse from what I've heard.
I actually own the second one and it's pretty good so far. Haven't played it much though. It's a bit more action focused than Zelda, with multiple primary and secondary weapons and a pretty interesting combat/combo system.

D

Deleted member

Well they said something is going to change in the next installment (I guess they were referring to the Wii U one).
Skyward Sword was pretty original anyway, in some parts.
I just hope the only change won't be concerning a new way to transport Link (Epona, then Draker, then trains, then a flying bird...).
If Nintendoland is any indication I think Zelda WiiU will have Co-op play, with someone using WiiMote Nunchuck to control Link or someone who uses a sword. Then another player on the pad to use more ranged attacks like Arrows or maybe even Magic.

Link + Zelda co-op could be cool.

If anything, I have high hopes, the Nintendoland demo was more action focused than most recent Zelda, and from what I hear, the motion controls ACTUALLY work. Though I wish they'd stop with that **** once and for all...

Zelda II... I didn't like it, though I'm going to give it a second chance.
I really need to replay Majora's Mask as well...

I never played the following Zeldas: A Link to the Past (will download to my Wii), Minish Cap and both Oracles.
Minish Cap is my favorite 2D Zelda.

Zelda II is great, you gotta give it time though. It's also more fun if you grind for Exp in the first Temple.

Zelda II is the only game I followed a Let's Play with because it's so damn hard. brisulph's LP is good:

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
Majority of the people at Platinum Games are former Capcom employees, so it's not surprising that Bayonetta is similar to Devil May Cry, considering both games are of the same genre.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom