• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Sunrise, Sunset - Isaac for Smash Ultimate #GoldenSunday

JoyStar

Smash Journeyman
Here from the Skull Kid appreciation thread to show support! May the Children of the Moon and Sun emerge victorious in the roster!

SonicLink125

Smash Lord
NNID
SonicLink
Here from the Skull Kid appreciation thread to show support! May the Children of the Moon and Sun emerge victorious in the roster!
Likewise! Majora may not be my top most wanted, BUT if he's in, I'll be extremely excited. Majora's Mask has, and probably always will be, my #1 favorite Zelda game ever. I'm also hoping Young Link's FS is him becoming Fierce Deity. That would be epic!

You know, it's hard for me to not keep my expectations for Isaac low. Back during the Brawl, 4, and DLC days, we almost never had ANY leads to his inclusion. But Ultimate, there's just so many things that tell me he is in. Compare to our knowledge today for Ultimate about Isaac to before. It's honestly insane how much we have going for us.

And even if Isaac is last to be revealed, remember that Shulk technically was the last one to be revealed before the 3DS release. I can't even imagine what the Shulk community were thinking then.

Edit: words

Last edited:

EricTheGamerman

Smash Master
Oh dear lord. First clones (echoes) were frowned upon because they “wasted a character slot”. Now it’s certain clones are frowned upon because “it’s a waste of an echo slot”? I... I... what?

This ****ing community sometimes man.
Maybe this is a severely unpopular opinion, but slots kind of are a thing. Maybe not in the traditional sense of they choose 12 slots and then fill those with characters, but they certainly do prioritize characters over others, and that's really not that far removed from the slots argument. Making one character is always going to mean another character isn't getting that priority (Several in fact). You can't necessarily blame a specific character as the spot, but you can blame the overall priorities assigned to characters for development. For example, we know Ultimate will have fewer unique newcomers than past Smash games, so I think that particular way of thinking comes particularly in to play.

If the development team of Ultimate knew that they could only implement a handful of unique newcomers, there is a certain slot like argument to be made around that ideology. Obviously they chose to prioritize certain newcomers, but in a game where fan demand is the catalyst for a lot of newcomers? There's definitely an upper limit to that number that means, in a sense, slots are indeed a thing. Look at the discussions we're having for further proof. Many of us agree on the point that we're going to see two, maybe three, unique newcomers left and there's a fight for those spots in speculation. Now speculation is not equivalent to the actual development and never will be. But if say you look at Ultimate's plan to bring back all the veterans, and then consider that the development team probably very seriously considered how many more new fighters they could include, I'd say slots have a more legitimate basis than this community sometimes likes to admit.

The argument is almost always done poorly to voice anger and outrage at character picks, but I think a middle ground between, slots exist and fans are dumb, slots don't exist, isn't an entirely incorrect or bad notion. And to be even more fair, I think Sakurai and his team have done an excellent job of picking newcomers so far for Ultimate.

Skyblade12

Banned via Warnings
3DS FC
1547-6378-0895
Not sure, someone will have to ask him.

Personally speaking I don't have any beef with any particular character fanbase. I've been pushing back against some "theories" like chair theory, and the fake leaks but this time around character fans have been pretty good to me. So I don't know why he's actively hating them as people have generally been OK in my opinion.

In my experience, some fanbase can be a bit overwhelming to deal with sometimes. The worst is if a fanbase starts to act aggressive. Unfortunately, some die hard fans can ruin a character for a lot of people.
That much is true. I nearly had Shulk ruined for me and I DID have the Chorus Kids ruined for me. It does take that comment in a very different direction than I had usually interpreted it, though. It had always seemed to be a sort of warning of "don't get so hyped you're massively let down later" than a "don't get so confident that you start being jerks to other fanbases". I can definitely agree with the latter.

That said, it's usually a lack of hype that ruins things for me, and if I make things sad for other people, it's because I'm so frickin' depressed that it pops out everywhere in my conversations.

Also, I don't think we tagged you when we first mentioned you. Are you stalking us? :)

Last edited:

Q-Long

Smash Lord
You know how there's custom moves?

Itll be cool if those were diff psyenergy or djinn

Also a cool thing I like about isaac is he is one of your backup healers, would be cool if he had a recovery move

Shin F.

Smash Master
Maybe this is a severely unpopular opinion, but slots kind of are a thing. Maybe not in the traditional sense of they choose 12 slots and then fill those with characters, but they certainly do prioritize characters over others, and that's really not that far removed from the slots argument. Making one character is always going to mean another character isn't getting that priority (Several in fact). You can't necessarily blame a specific character as the spot, but you can blame the overall priorities assigned to characters for development. For example, we know Ultimate will have fewer unique newcomers than past Smash games, so I think that particular way of thinking comes particularly in to play.

If the development team of Ultimate knew that they could only implement a handful of unique newcomers, there is a certain slot like argument to be made around that ideology. Obviously they chose to prioritize certain newcomers, but in a game where fan demand is the catalyst for a lot of newcomers? There's definitely an upper limit to that number that means, in a sense, slots are indeed a thing. Look at the discussions we're having for further proof. Many of us agree on the point that we're going to see two, maybe three, unique newcomers left and there's a fight for those spots in speculation. Now speculation is not equivalent to the actual development and never will be. But if say you look at Ultimate's plan to bring back all the veterans, and then consider that the development team probably very seriously considered how many more new fighters they could include, I'd say slots have a more legitimate basis than this community sometimes likes to admit.

The argument is almost always done poorly to voice anger and outrage at character picks, but I think a middle ground between, slots exist and fans are dumb, slots don't exist, isn't an entirely incorrect or bad notion. And to be even more fair, I think Sakurai and his team have done an excellent job of picking newcomers so far for Ultimate.
And that, my friends, is opportunity cost in a nutshell.

Delta64

Smash Journeyman
If there is a reveal this month, I think it is quite possible that we will see a new stage in it. Remember, we have 5 unannounced stages and I don't think any of them are returning stages. The last time we saw a new stage reveal was in the august Smash direct (roughly 2 months ago).

XenoWarriorX

Smash Champion
Don't forget even if it does not appear in the base game it could be DLC. If smash 4 had returning stages DLC, so can Ultimate. (Food for thought)
Oh boy. I can't wait to have 1 returning stage for base game. /s

In all seriously, I don't think saying it like that is going to make the lack of any passion for any F-Zero content so far, (besides of Big Blue returning from Brawl. Lawl.)

The fact that every other series is able to get either all their stages back, get some of their returning fighters back, or at least get new fighters, yet F-Zero gets only 1 returning stage back is nothing short of disappointing and aggravating. (And a middle finger to the fans of the franchise who continuously get left in the dark.)

Oh I'm so happy to have gotten DLC related to F-Zero, I'm so happy we we're given that much of a priority. *eye roll*.

They can screw off for all I care. They don't care for this franchise, so why should I care about buying this game?

Last edited:

Delta64

Smash Journeyman
Oh boy. I can't wait to have 1 returning stage for base game. /s

In all seriously, I don't think saying it like that is going to make the lack of any passion for any F-Zero content so far, (besides of Big Blue returning from Brawl. Lawl.)

The fact that every other series is able to get either all their stages back, get some of their returning fighters back, or at least get new fighters, yet F-Zero gets only 1 returning stage back is nothing short of disappointing and aggravating. (And a middle finger to the fans of the franchise who continuously get left in the dark.)

Oh I'm so happy to have gotten DLC related to F-Zero, I'm so happy we we're given that much of a priority. *eye roll*.

They can screw off for all I care. They don't care for this franchise, so why should I?
Um, F-Zero has three returning stages: Mute City SNES, Big Blue, Port Town Aero Dive. Sorry if I hit a nerve but, we already know that not every stage is returning and considering we have 99 returning stages, I am just fine with some being left behind. If the remaining five are new, that only gives us only 9 new stages. Sure it would be cool to see every stage back as well but, I think they selected some really nice stages (for the most part) and I would like to see some new locations. This isn't about F-Zero representation, it is about bringing the best parts of each Smash game together for the ultimate smash experience. (BTW, three stages is still better than the two stages Pikmin has).

XenoWarriorX

Smash Champion
Um, F-Zero has three returning stages: Mute City SNES, Big Blue, Port Town Aero Dive. Sorry if I hit a nerve but, we already know that not every stage is returning and considering we have 99 returning stages, I am just fine with some being left behind. If the remaining five are new, that only gives us only 9 new stages. Sure it would be cool to see every stage back as well but, I think they selected some really nice stages (for the most part) and I would like to see some new locations. This isn't about F-Zero representation, it is about bringing the best parts of each Smash game together for the ultimate smash experience. (BTW, three stages is still better than the two stages Pikmin has).
Pikmin only had 2 stages in its entire smash bros lifespan. : ))))

And I would like to see some new F-Zero locations, but clearly that won't happen.

Neither will any new echos or characters.

Smash bros is only the *best* of the relevant franchises so far. So bull****.

Also 2 of those stages were in 4. (And also, for reference, Yoshi has gotten 2 returning stages for Ultimate. So it has 4 stages in total. F-Zero gets the ****ing **** end of the stick.)

So whatever, let F-Zero die in obscurity. I don't care anymore. If all you guys want is *new stages* for *relavent* franchises, then go ahead. But I'm not gonna like how every franchise got a sizeable upgrade from last time, bur F-Zero got jack****.

(Also, **** you Nintendo for making me wait 12 ****ing years for a new game.)

3 out of 4 stages for F-Zero (with nothing new added) is complete BULL**** for F-Zero.

Last edited:

XenoWarriorX

Smash Champion
Xeno, bud chill
I'm not gonna chill. I'm tired of this franchise being waved off from the eyes of many.

I'm tired of being seen as petty when I expect this franchise to get something MUCH more for a franchise that's been here since the beginning.

I'm tired of the lacking of releases.

I'm tired of the lack of any other reps.

I'm tired of this series being treated like **** under the sight of this company, I'm done with it.

Last edited:

Frosty Pops

Smash Journeyman
Not sure, someone will have to ask him.

Personally speaking I don't have any beef with any particular character fanbase. I've been pushing back against some "theories" like chair theory, and the fake leaks but this time around character fans have been pretty good to me. So I don't know why he's actively hating them as people have generally been OK in my opinion.

In my experience, some fanbase can be a bit overwhelming to deal with sometimes. The worst is if a fanbase starts to act aggressive. Unfortunately, some die hard fans can ruin a character for a lot of people.
The only person I openly do not support at this time is Steve. But I am not going out on medias that everyone can see and openly attacking his supporters either. And the worst I have done on here is take some humor based jabs at him, nothing downright mean.
Like my comment on how he would just be a semi-clone of Link and Villager fused with a rubix cube.

TempestSurge

Smash Ace
Well the best character to do that is Isaac himself. I'm a bit nervous of getting too many characters outside of Vergeben that aren't Isaac because it's not like there are that many spots left on the base game roster, even if you're optimistic. We're getting to a point where every reveal is really going to matter. If Isaac doesn't show up in October then he's only got at worst one more opportunity to show up for the base game and at best two more opportunities. (November and then maybe early December)

Getting a reveal of Incineroar and Ken now wouldn't be the worst thing in the world, of course it would further validate Vergeben which would make people even more insufferable but it would also mean those characters would be out of the way with over a month still to go. It would be even better if we also got a Geno (square enix rep) reveal because then we'd be going into November and December knowing nothing. (unless Vergeben has more to share)
Unless he comes with a stage, I'm not too worried about Skull Kid being a detriment to Isaac. With Incineroar and Square rep, that leaves three stages, a bit more leeway to expect another new first party Nintendo franchise to rep their stage. The Steve rumors is where things get messy cause yet another new franchise that will take up a stage slot and it's likely not all five unrevealed stages connect to a newcomer.

Unless all the new franchises are repped solely by third parties in base and thus leaving Splatoon as the only new Nintendo rep, can't see Golden Sun not being the next obvious new first party franchise rep addition.

That's how I can see Isaac not being in base is if the limited amount of newcomers had Sakurai only choose one new franchise in Splatoon.

Delta64

Smash Journeyman
I'm not gonna chill. I'm tired of this franchise being waved off from the eyes of many.

I'm tired of being seen as petty when I expect this franchise to get something MUCH more for a franchise that's been here since the beginning.

I'm tired of this series being treated like **** under the sight of this company, I'm done with it.
Just want to clarify, I have nothing against F-Zero. Also just thought of something, if an F-Zero game comes to the Switch it could have cross compatibility with Nintendo Labo (similar to Mario Kart). Not saying that you would use it, but it would be a nice way for Nintendo to attract new people to the series.

XenoWarriorX

Smash Champion
Just want to clarify, I have nothing against F-Zero. Also just thought of something, if an F-Zero game comes to the Switch it could have cross compatibility with Nintendo Labo (similar to Mario Kart). Not saying that you would use it, but it would be a nice way for Nintendo to attract new people to the series.
As if that would happen. F-Zero would've been announced by now.

And Miyamoto being the main producer that produced all the games only going to produce Pikmin from now on makes any game even less likely.

I don't even care, I just want to see the goofy characters and have tight controls and turns.
Inb4 I wait 20 years and have a heart attack before an F-Zero is made.

SonicLink125

Smash Lord
NNID
SonicLink
Unless he comes with a stage, I'm not too worried about Skull Kid being a detriment to Isaac. With Incineroar and Square rep, that leaves three stages, a bit more leeway to expect another new first party Nintendo franchise to rep their stage. The Steve rumors is where things get messy cause yet another new franchise that will take up a stage slot and it's likely not all five unrevealed stages connect to a newcomer.

Unless all the new franchises are repped solely by third parties in base and thus leaving Splatoon as the only new Nintendo rep, can't see Golden Sun not being the next obvious new first party franchise rep addition.

That's how I can see Isaac not being in base is if the limited amount of newcomers had Sakurai only choose one new franchise in Splatoon.
What's interesting to me about the 5 remaining stages is that they could have shown them anyway in the August Direct. But they didn't. Meaning they have to at least connect to 4-5 unique newcomers. Isaac, Geno, and Pokemon come to mind right there. And that still leaves 2 more. 1 could theoretically be a Minecraft stage without Steve as playable. So, who knows. As I keep looking at the newcomers we've got (including echoes), this really looks like long time and/or most requested characters are finally getting in. Geno, Isaac, Banjo and Lloyd make a lot of sense to also follow the trend. But that's my optimism playing around, of course.

Edit: words. Typing on a phone is difficult on this site. Lol

Last edited:

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
What's interesting to me about the 5 remaining stages is that they could have shown them anyway in the August Direct. But they didn't. Meaning they have to at least connect to 4-5 unique newcomers. Isaac, Geno, and Pokemon come to mind right there. And that still leaves 2 more. 1 could theoretically be a Minecraft stage without Steve as playable. So, who knows. As I keep looking at the newcomers we've got (including echoes), this really looks like long time and/or most requested characters are finally getting in. Geno, Isaac, Banjo and Lloyd make a lot of sense to also follow the trend. But that's my optimism playing around, of course.

Edit: words. Typing on a phone is difficult on this site. Lol
I don't think they need to connect to any newcomers. DK and Kirby's stages last time were held back for the final Direct and neither got a new fighter. There doesn't have to be any reason to hold back some new stages.

Undella2

Smash Journeyman
It's still kinda stupid how Yoshi, a de-facto Mario spin-off series, has more stages than F-Zero, a unique series with plenty of fan support.

XenoWarriorX

Smash Champion
It's still kinda stupid how Yoshi, a de-facto Mario spin-off series, has more stages than F-Zero, a unique series with plenty of fan support.
Whatever, clearly Nintendo cares about a golden goose like Yoshi than a dingy little franchise that Nintendo doesn't care enough to promote except in games like Mario Kart.

I've accepted it. I'm just a vocal minority. A vocal minority that doesn't even make up a good amount of people who feel indifferent about that franchise.

F-Zero? Replace it with Star Fox. The characters of F-Zero are all so horrible. This Star Fox racing game will make for a good replacement for those fans.

It's comments like these that make me feel like my own interests are nothing more than a lie. A lie that I'm telling myself to give myself any hope.

Frosty Pops

Smash Journeyman

If Nintendo really wanted to give F-Zero a gimmick to get it more exposure and increase sales all they would need to do is:
1. Change the racer James McCloud into Fox since he is already a shoutout to the Star Fox franchise anyway, and change the racer to look more like a souped up Arwing.
2. Add Samus and her ship as a racer.
3. Do a graphics overhaul (obviously) and add new tracks and bring back fan favorite tracks from the older games.

I think Samus and Fox would fit nicely into F-Zero's style without looking out of place. As well as bring 2 more fanbases in as potential buyers. You're welcome Nintendo!

Xenigma

Smash Lord
NNID
Xenigma
I don't think they need to connect to any newcomers. DK and Kirby's stages last time were held back for the final Direct and neither got a new fighter. There doesn't have to be any reason to hold back some new stages.
Bingo. This is especially true if any of the new stages are otherwise notable enough to be showcased individually, like stages for Tetris or Minecraft. Keep in mind that, of the four new stages we've seen, two are tied to newcomers (Moray Towers, Dracula's Castle) and two are not (Great Plateau Tower, New Donk City Hall). Further, three of the five unique newcomers do not currently have new stages at all (Ridley, K. Rool, Isabelle). Personally, I'm excited for the idea of five more stages coming, but I don't think any assumptions can be made on the number of remaining newcomers based on that information.

Also, as an F-Zero fanboy, I'd also like to say that I think the stage representation for the series in Ultimate is perfect. Three very different stages, each representing one of the three major F-Zero games: the original (Mute City SNES), X on N64 (Big Blue), and GX on Gamecube (Port Town Aero Dive). Honestly, considering the series has been dormant for over a decade, I'd say it has fared rather well for itself in Smash, and I'd be perfectly happy if it didn't get anything extra this time around. (That said, I'm obviously unhappy that F-Zero hasn't had a game in forever, but that's hardly Smash's fault.)

XenoWarriorX

Smash Champion
Bingo. This is especially true if any of the new stages are otherwise notable enough to be showcased individually, like stages for Tetris or Minecraft. Keep in mind that, of the four new stages we've seen, two are tied to newcomers (Moray Towers, Dracula's Castle) and two are not (Great Plateau Tower, New Donk City Hall). Further, three of the five unique newcomers do not currently have new stages at all (Ridley, K. Rool, Isabelle). Personally, I'm excited for the idea of five more stages coming, but I don't think any assumptions can be made on the number of remaining newcomers based on that information.

Also, as an F-Zero fanboy, I'd also like to say that I think the stage representation for the series in Ultimate is perfect. Three very different stages, each representing one of the three major F-Zero games: the original (Mute City SNES), X on N64 (Big Blue), and GX on Gamecube (Port Town Aero Dive). Honestly, considering the series has been dormant for over a decade, I'd say it has fared rather well for itself in Smash, and I'd be perfectly happy if it didn't get anything extra this time around. (That said, I'm obviously unhappy that F-Zero hasn't had a game in forever, but that's hardly Smash's fault.)
As an Fanboy of F-Zero, I'm just very disappointed.

Only 1 returning stage, dedicated to a franchise that has been with the franchise since 64. While Mother gets 2 reps and 4 stages in Ultimate, Metroid has 4 characters and 4 stages in Ultimate, and Yoshi gets at least 1 more than the punching bounty hunter.

But clearly, my interests are nothing compared to everyone else. Captain Falcon is the most important F-Zero rep. Who cares?

If Nintendo really wanted to give F-Zero a gimmick to get it more exposure and increase sales all they would need to do is:
1. Change the racer James McCloud into Fox since he is already a shoutout to the Star Fox franchise anyway, and change the racer to look more like a souped up Arwing.
3. Do a graphics overhaul (obviously) and add new tracks and bring back fan favorite tracks from the older games.

I think Samus and Fox would fit nicely into F-Zero's style without looking out of place. As well as bring 2 more fanbases in as potential buyers. You're welcome Nintendo!
James McCloud actually.

But I don't think Nintendo would ever even try that idea. If it means getting that series to succeed, they would try their best to get it to fail.

Last edited:

THE 6r

Smash Ace
NNID
6r$¢€£¥™©®
3DS FC
2981-7049-0538
Switch FC
SW-1195-6602-2525
Nintendo filed a trademark for F- Zero this year.

They clearly have want to still have the franchise available to them in the future. I do think an F-Zero for the Switch is in the cards because of this and the fact that the fanbase is very passionate and not just a "vocal minority".

XenoWarriorX

Smash Champion

They clearly have want to still have the franchise available to them in the future. I do think an F-Zero for the Switch is in the cards because of this and the fact that the fanbase is very passionate and not just a "vocal minority".
I remember this scenario back in 2007.

It's 2018. 11 years later.

Golden Sun has more chance to come back since at least Camelot still has an interest in the series.

Trademarks for F-Zero was also about to expire anyway. So...

Frosty Pops

Smash Journeyman
As someone who usually hates racing games. I love F-Zero, the only other games that I would play on a semi-regular basis is the races in GTA (sad that they do it better than most games that are devoted to racing) and Motorstorm cause of the multiple vehicle types used. F-Zero is challenging and fast paced, like all racing games should be *cough*notMarioCart*cough* oh excuse me.

NoOtherPersona

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-4922-9697-9289
Honestly with the switch era I think it has a chance to come back but I wouldn't put it past ya Xeno if you didn't have faith in ninty to give the goods

XenoWarriorX

Smash Champion
Honestly with the switch era I think it has a chance to come back but I wouldn't put it past ya Xeno if you didn't have faith in ninty to give the goods
14 years.

14 ****ing years.

That's twice as long as the hiatus of F-Zero to X.

If it goes past 15, it's dead. At this point, the fans would either have moved on or just not matter much to bring it back.

That's reality and business for you.

Last edited:

Delta64

Smash Journeyman
Don't mind me, I will just be waiting for a sequel to Kirby's Air Ride.

On the topic of a Golden Sun stage, do you think that it will be a stage that does not require explanation (like Great Plateau Tower and New Donk City Hall) or will it have elements that require explanation (like the Dracula's Castle stage)?

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman

I fully expect a new F-Zero on Switch. However, that trademark doesn't necessarily mean anything. Renewing trademarks isn't that notable. Filing new trademarks is, or filing a trademark when its not up for renewal. (That's why the Golden Sun one may be interesting, because allegedly it just happened last year as well.)

Yeah honestly they should just do this. Also, if they do it, it should just straight up be Fox McCloud, not a humanized version like James was. F-Zero has a diverse cast already. They can simply describe Samus, Star Fox, and F-Zero as all being from different solar systems.

I don't think they're biasing against F-Zero or anything. I think they were just trying to focus on the more unique stages first. When they did work on less unique stages, they focused on bigger franchises and/or easier stages to develop.

Mute City is a -very- big stage to redesign assets for. And with it being similar to Port Town Aero Dive, I can understand why it didn't get priority. I still fully expect it by DLC.

On the topic of a Golden Sun stage, do you think that it will be a stage that does not require explanation (like Great Plateau Tower and New Donk City Hall) or will it have elements that require explanation (like the Dracula's Castle stage)?
I'm going to say "does not require explanation". What else would it need?

Even if it encompasses the interior as well, I doubt its going to change much and probably wouldn't need a huge explanation. Dracula's Castle having all those monsters is the reason why it needed a big explanation for it.

XenoWarriorX

Smash Champion
Kirby Air Ride 2 has more chance of happening. (I mean, with how flexible it is as a franchise, and how successful it is, I don't see them not doing it.)

?!?!?!

Smash Ace

A stage like Venus lighthouse wouldn't need an explanation, but I definitely think isaac's moveset will need one. I just have a gut feeling that he'd have a complex moveset that will require some insight from sakurai

Last edited:

TempestSurge

Smash Ace

Those two new stages you brought out are also represented by new smash franchises in general. Pokemon will likely be the exception of an existing franchise rep coming with a stage (but if Mario and Zelda got new stages based on their latest game iteration, Pokemon would be a no brainer to follow suit). I'm going to go out on a limb and say new stages being made for the heck of it took a back seat to focusing on bringing back returning stages and enchancing them, just like the focus to bring back all vets has made this iteration of smash have a lower amount of newcomers than normal.

So not to say that all five stages were held back cause of newcomers, but obviously any newcomers being third party/new nintendo franchise would come with a stage even if that amounts to 3 out of 5 with the other two being stages with no new reps (or extra bonus for existing franchise). Based on Verge's leak of newcomers, I'll assume Incineroar will come with a stage (despite other existing franchise reps like Ridley and K. Rool not coming with a stage) because it's Pokemon and it's hard to imagine the series not receiving a stage when the other Nintendo jaggernauts like Mario and Zelda received one. Square rep/Geno is coming with a stage third party guest and this would extend to Steve coming with a stage (but since that rumor is all over the place I won't really count him). So Incineroar, Geno, and Isaac being connected to 3 of the 5 hidden stages sounds plausible, leaving the final two to be something else lol.

Last edited:

THE 6r

Smash Ace
NNID
6r$¢€£¥™©®
3DS FC
2981-7049-0538
Switch FC
SW-1195-6602-2525
With a Nintendo direct around the corner, do you guys think it will be a general direct, or will it specifically focus on Smash?

Delta64

Smash Journeyman
I'm going to say "does not require explanation". What else would it need?

Even if it encompasses the interior as well, I doubt its going to change much and probably wouldn't need a huge explanation. Dracula's Castle having all those monsters is the reason why it needed a big explanation for it.
I don't think it would require much (if any) explanation either. Just a moment of footage that shows the stage as well its main gimmick could be enough. I am curious how it would be presented though. Golden Sun is not as well known as Super Mario Odyssey, Breath of the Wild, or Splatoon so they may want to provide clarification to those unfamiliar with Golden Sun.

Last edited:

THE 6r

Smash Ace
NNID
6r$¢€£¥™©®
3DS FC
2981-7049-0538
Switch FC
SW-1195-6602-2525
I don't think it would require much (if any) explanation either. Just a moment of footage that shows the stage as well its main gimmick could be enough. I am curious how it would be presented though. Golden Sun is not as well known as Super Mario Odyssey, Breath of the Wild, or Splatoon so they may want to provide clarification to those unfamiliar with Golden Sun.
Perhaps that clarification could come in the form of a New GS and Switch ports for the original, LA, and DD in the Direct. That's something I could definitely see happening given that they revealed Animal Crossing Switch after Isabelle.

jweb23

Smash Journeyman
I agree that the 5 new stages don’t have to connect to potential newcomers but I find it hard to believe they wouldn’t. We currently have four new stages, two of them: Moray Towers and Dracula’s Castle didn’t appear until their newcomer was revealed however in the case of New Donk City and Great Plateau Tower, those two were never hidden from us. The “everyone is here” trailer showed Great Plateau Tower before it was spotlighted in the direct and Mario’s 20 second trailer showed New Donk City before being spotlighted in the August direct. Clearly Sakurai felt no need to hide these new stages at all but these final 5 are being hidden...for what?

The only logical reason is for a newcomer or Sakurai wants to highlight a major game series in a similar fashion to Monster Hunter with the Rathalos boss reveal. I want to assume that the boss stages have their own regular stage versions but then I have to question why wasn’t it shown with the Monster Hunter boss stage?

I wish we had a straight up answer but for the sake of optimism for Isaac’s reveal I’ll believe they’re attached to newcomers for the time being.

Top Bottom