• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Sunrise, Sunset - Isaac for Smash Ultimate #GoldenSunday

jweb23

Smash Journeyman
Your lying DogManStar, as you can see Isaac is a lock, here, I have proff.

View attachment 168388
Can't wait for LaxChris video: Huge Super Credible Smash Leak! Isaac is a lock!?!
Haha! Geez, LaxChris is something else. Every day on my YT feed, he has a new video pop up about some leak. (I don't watch them, however). It makes me wonder if he makes them up on forums like 4chan for example and then uses it to make 10+ minute long videos for that ad revenue. I won't lie though, that's kind of smart.
Lmao! LaxChris has been appearing on my recommendations ever since I started watching BillyBo10K and PapaGenos videos. Personally I’m fine with listening to any leak whether it’s legit or fake, especially since I have nothing better to do than listen to podcasts and YouTube vids while working a factory job lol. What makes him ridiculous to me is how he appears to believe every leak he reads but will also make up the silliest reasons for not believing certain parts of those “leaks.” I remember one a few days back where he claimed a leak lost credibility because it included Felix as an echo and he said, “it’s a waste of an echo slot” which I had to comment on because there is no such thing as wasting an echo slot. Smh.

On the topic of this Foxwell guy...who cares. The more hate Isaac gets means he is becoming more and more popular with each passing day! Let them hate. Their salty tears will be glorious upon Isaac’s reveal lol. But in all seriousness let’s not give him any attention, even if he tries to show up here for whatever reason. Misery loves company so let him be miserable by himself in a corner.

Jupiter Ivan

Smash Ace
Lmao! LaxChris has been appearing on my recommendations ever since I started watching BillyBo10K and PapaGenos videos. Personally I’m fine with listening to any leak whether it’s legit or fake, especially since I have nothing better to do than listen to podcasts and YouTube vids while working a factory job lol. What makes him ridiculous to me is how he appears to believe every leak he reads but will also make up the silliest reasons for not believing certain parts of those “leaks.” I remember one a few days back where he claimed a leak lost credibility because it included Felix as an echo and he said, “it’s a waste of an echo slot” which I had to comment on because there is no such thing as wasting an echo slot. Smh.

On the topic of this Foxwell guy...who cares. The more hate Isaac gets means he is becoming more and more popular with each passing day! Let them hate. Their salty tears will be glorious upon Isaac’s reveal lol. But in all seriousness let’s not give him any attention, even if he tries to show up here for whatever reason. Misery loves company so let him be miserable by himself in a corner.
Oh dear lord. First clones (echoes) were frowned upon because they “wasted a character slot”. Now it’s certain clones are frowned upon because “it’s a waste of an echo slot”? I... I... what?

This ****ing community sometimes man.

jweb23

Smash Journeyman
Oh dear lord. First clones (echoes) were frowned upon because they “wasted a character slot”. Now it’s certain clones are frowned upon because “it’s a waste of an echo slot”? I... I... what?

Yep. His comment caught me so off guard I had to stop working for a minute just to comment smh. Here is a screenshot of my comment and his reply...
F858B2AD-B3AD-4A09-B7D9-E08A1DCE6535.png

osby

Smash Obsessed
Yep. His comment caught me so off guard I had to stop working for a minute just to comment smh. Here is a screenshot of my comment and his reply...
View attachment 168403
I mean, there is a reason we didn't get 10+ echoes, they DO need some time put into them, but it's not like we have tons of characters waiting in the line, what harm Felix would done?

?!?!?!

Smash Ace
View attachment 168403
That's literally like saying "omg guyz Richter is a waste of an echo omg" when seeing the simon reveal trailer for the first time... a lot of people are actually excited for Richter now, it's just an ignorant comment from someone who doesn't know the character

Last edited:

KMDP

Smash Legend

People believe way too hard in the notion that there is such a thing as a "roster slot".

Seriously, what part of "all the characters were picked years in advance" is hard to understand?

PushDustIn

Salt Lord
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
PushDustIn
3DS FC
3695-0954-3750
He works for SG? Man, I love their translation work, but with PushDustIn and their main account's whole "Hype Responsibly" crap (I mean really, what do you care? Let people be excited!) and this guy, I might reconsider my support of them.
He doesn't work for SG anymore.

Sabrewulf238

Smash Hero
Looking at the blog I find it kind of interesting that there's been so much Pokemon content lately.

Not sure if that makes an Incineroar announcement next week more or less likely though.

Machete

Smash Ace
I totally bet on a Pokémon being revealed next, since I believe we’ll just get a stand alone trailer. A Pokémon fits right in the Isabelle train of “obvious characters that aren’t particularly big within the Smash fanbase”, so they’re not announced in Smash-centric Directs. That way they can save the remaining, fan favorite newcomers for the final Direct, which I’m betting will be Isaac and Geno.

Echoes could go either way. Never sure what to expect on them.

Also I am fully aware Incineroar is the Pokémon, but I prefer to think he’ll get Gematsu’d and Buzzwole will show up. Not gonna happen, but a girl can dream

Sabrewulf238

Smash Hero
The music theory makes me think that Incineroar isn't going to be announced alone. (because I'm not sure if Incineroar is going to get a Pokemon song posted to the blog when we only got a new Pokemon song two weeks ago) Which is making me think that a single trailer drop isn't as likely as we might think.

Also this is purely my own gut instinct but I'm not sure if Sakurai would want to reveal Incineroar on his own as a single trailer drop. I'm sure he's aware that Incineroar isn't nearly as popular in the west as he is in Japan.

So I'm kinda leaning most towards either a full blown Smash direct, or a mini Smash direct that's something like 15 minutes long.

Gurein

Smash Apprentice
I'm thinking if we get a single character trailer then it might be a Newcomer+his echo, juste like Robin and Lucina

Last edited:

Mehdow

Smash Journeyman
From the Skull Kid thread:

https://twitter.com/NintendoNYC/status/1047839669587771392

They're saying that it fits with what Bill Trinen said ("72 hours remaining") so it could be Skull Kid...anyway we could have a private event (like how Pac-Man was shown) and then on Monday a new character entry in the blog...killing some hype btw, not the best way to show a new character.

Last edited:

PushDustIn

Salt Lord
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
PushDustIn
3DS FC
3695-0954-3750
If you don't mind my asking, do you have any idea what Matthew Foxwell's beef is with the Isaac and BWD fanbases?
Not sure, someone will have to ask him.

Personally speaking I don't have any beef with any particular character fanbase. I've been pushing back against some "theories" like chair theory, and the fake leaks but this time around character fans have been pretty good to me. So I don't know why he's actively hating them as people have generally been OK in my opinion.

In my experience, some fanbase can be a bit overwhelming to deal with sometimes. The worst is if a fanbase starts to act aggressive. Unfortunately, some die hard fans can ruin a character for a lot of people.

KMDP

Smash Legend

Personally speaking I don't have any beef with any particular character fanbase. I've been pushing back against some "theories" like chair theory, and the fake leaks but this time around character fans have been pretty good to me. So I don't know why he's actively hating them as people have generally been OK in my opinion.
Thanks for the response. His targeting of those fanbases specifically paints a picture, if a blurry one without the full story.
In my experience, some fanbase can be a bit overwhelming to deal with sometimes. The worst is if a fanbase starts to act aggressive. Unfortunately, some die hard fans can ruin a character for a lot of people.
Sounds like he's tarring all Isaac/BWD fans with the brush of a small group who likely harassed him.

Brings to mind a quote which I find pertinent: "He who fights with monsters should look to it that he himself does not become a monster. And if you gaze long into an abyss, the abyss also gazes into you."

jweb23

Smash Journeyman
Is this an assumption based on having a Direct on 8/8 or just coincidental?
No, the thought comes from a user who we all assume has been paying attention to an update pattern to the Smash character spotlight trailers. According to that person the playlist was updated 10 days before the August Smash direct and again 10 days before the original date of the Nintendo direct that revealed Isabelle. Recently the playlist was updated again on what appears to have been September 30th or October 1st so it is assumed we will be getting a new character reveal or full Smash direct sometime around the 10th of this month. Of course nothing is confirmed yet.

From the Skull Kid thread:

https://twitter.com/NintendoNYC/status/1047839669587771392

They're saying that it fits with what Bill Trinen said ("72 hours remaining") so it could be Skull Kid...anyway we could have a private event (like how Pac-Man was shown) and then on Monday a new character entry in the blog...killing some hype btw, not the best way to show a new character.
Personally I hope it is Skull Kid! His reveal would end Music Theory and Vergeben at the same time!

Last edited:

Sabrewulf238

Smash Hero
Personally I hope it is Skull Kid! His reveal would end Music Theory and Vergeben at the same time!
It wouldn't end Vergeben since he never claimed that the characters he mentioned were the only ones we're getting. (that's just what the smash community is assuming themselves)

I guess it would end him in the sense that all the people who thought his word was gospel will fly straight to the other end of thinking and then begin claiming he never knew anything. So many people only seem capable of thinking in extremes so that's probably what would happen.

However why would Skull Kid get the Pac-Man treatment and get revealed at a private event? Doesn't make sense to me, I think people are barking up the wrong tree with this one.

Last edited:

jweb23

Smash Journeyman
It wouldn't end Vergeben since he never claimed that the characters he mentioned were the only ones we're getting. (that's just what the smash community is assuming themselves)

I guess it would end him in the sense that all the people who thought his word was gospel will fly straight to the other end of thinking and then begin claiming he never knew anything. So many people only seem capable of thinking in extremes so that's probably what would happen.

However why would Skull Kid get the Pac-Man treatment and get revealed at a private event? Doesn't make sense to me, I think people are barking up the wrong tree with this one.
I highly doubt they would show a character the same way they did Pac-Man during Smash 4. I just hope whoever they reveal is someone Vergeben hasn’t claimed because it’s almost impossible to openly speculate outside of a character’s thread without a multitude of people dismissing you because Vergeben hasn’t said anything about that character. Smh

Mehdow

Smash Journeyman
Incineroar will be in the next episode of Pokemon Anime (next week), skull kid with the reference to 72 hours later, ....

Maybe it's not a "unique character announcement" but instead a multiple character announcement? (Just theorizing here)

I highly doubt they would show a character the same way they did Pac-Man during Smash 4. I just hope whoever they reveal is someone Vergeben hasn’t claimed because it’s almost impossible to openly speculate outside of a character’s thread without a multitude of people dismissing you because Vergeben hasn’t said anything about that character. Smh
Even if they show Geno, he will claim "yeah I knew it, it was the one I was sure about in my 10000 Square Enix character list, I was right the entire time".....
And people will keep that stuff as law.

Last edited:

Sabrewulf238

Smash Hero
Well the best character to do that is Isaac himself. I'm a bit nervous of getting too many characters outside of Vergeben that aren't Isaac because it's not like there are that many spots left on the base game roster, even if you're optimistic. We're getting to a point where every reveal is really going to matter. If Isaac doesn't show up in October then he's only got at worst one more opportunity to show up for the base game and at best two more opportunities. (November and then maybe early December)

Getting a reveal of Incineroar and Ken now wouldn't be the worst thing in the world, of course it would further validate Vergeben which would make people even more insufferable but it would also mean those characters would be out of the way with over a month still to go. It would be even better if we also got a Geno (square enix rep) reveal because then we'd be going into November and December knowing nothing. (unless Vergeben has more to share)

Billybae10K

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-4311-5852-0528
Someone even had to tag poor Billybae10K Billybae10K in the comments there. I hate when detractors always feel the need to have to tag the IsaacforSmash account and Billy for posts like this.

This looks awesome. Here's the Isaac one as well if any of you are interested

I wouldn't even mind if they rerelease the first two games upscaled in this way without the GBA compression on the Switch. Golden Sun's art-style will always be incredibly charming
I didn't even notice I'd been tagged in that comment chain. Probably tells people how well I am at keeping up with that kinda stuff, but I'm glad I didn't see the initial tweet when it first came out because I'd probably have written a strongly worded reply that would certainly have incited some form of war.

Still, as everyone's been saying, as long as we ignore the detractors who try to belittle our fanbase, we'll be fine regardless of whether Isaac makes it or not.

Luigifan18

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5577-0969-0868
Where is he even getting his info from? Every single Isaac fan I've met is super courteous about him online.
Probably mew2ds on GameFAQs, a.k.a. "Isabelle got in reeeee Sakurai is stupid!!!!"

Q-Long

Smash Lord
Thanks for the response. His targeting of those fanbases specifically paints a picture, if a blurry one without the full story.

Sounds like he's tarring all Isaac/BWD fans with the brush of a small group who likely harassed him.

Brings to mind a quote which I find pertinent: "He who fights with monsters should look to it that he himself does not become a monster. And if you gaze long into an abyss, the abyss also gazes into you."
Dude people do that tarring thing so much in Smash speculation lol

It's pretty sad. As a kid I even did it. Like 2 sonic fans were being douchebags to me and it made me dislike both the fanbase and sonic before I realized how stupid I was being lol

*3 guys complaining and throwing a fit about no daisy in smash 4*

UGH I HATE THE DAISY FANBASE

Confirmation

Smash Ace
Not gonna lie, I actually do want Incineroar in Smash. 'mon gets a lot of hate, but I really enjoyed using it in Ultra Sun.

This guy who was tweeting is hilarious. In a 1-minute search he dumped on Bandana Dee, Isaac, and every third party not Banjo. If the guy wants to ham it up on Twitter, I really don't care.

Let's not do what he did with whatever negative experience he had with Isaac and make sure not to lump him in with the Banjo community as a whole, which is pretty chill.

maf91186

Smash Journeyman
Not gonna lie, I actually do want Incineroar in Smash. 'mon gets a lot of hate, but I really enjoyed using it in Ultra Sun.

This guy who was tweeting is hilarious. In a 1-minute search he dumped on Bandana Dee, Isaac, and every third party not Banjo. If the guy wants to ham it up on Twitter, I really don't care.

Let's not do what he did with whatever negative experience he had with Isaac and make sure not to lump him in with the Banjo community as a whole, which is pretty chill.
Appreciated :)

XenoWarriorX

Smash Champion
Well. I do apologize to Push for assuming he still works him. Due to his work in the past, I was under the impression that TA was still connected with them. If this was the case and he was let go, then SG has no respsibility with the behavior of an individual who is not apart of their web anymore.

Still doesn't change my opinion on the guy's behavior. Nor should we lump him in with the community of Banjo. He's an "extremist".

Last edited:

Frosty Pops

Smash Journeyman
You're putting faith that Nintendo has improved their online infrastructure.

Problem is, it's the same as before. Nothing has changed, except they just charge for it.

Disgraceful.

Also, on the topic of Pokémon.

Staraptor or Braverary for Smash! Lol.
They haven't made any improvements!?!? When they start charging for a previously free service the very first thing that gets done is improvements with the money they can now invest in it! That is true for all business practices not just online services. Anyone who fails to do this one basic thing usually ends up losing customers.

Also concerning Pokemon. I think we need new type reps.
Potential poison types: Toxicroak, Golbat, Muk, Drapion, Nidoqueen, Nidoking.
Bug types: Scyther, Scizor, Pinser, Heracross, Bedrill.
Ice types: Sneasle, Jinx, Beartic, Abomnasnow, Mammoswine.
Ground/Rock types: Lycanroc, Sandslash, Garchomp, Tyranitaur, Graveler/Golem.
You got some good choices for a flying type.

XenoWarriorX

Smash Champion
They haven't made any improvements!?!? When they start charging for a previously free service the very first thing that gets done is improvements with the money they can now invest in it! That is true for all business practices not just online services. Anyone who fails to do this one basic thing usually ends up losing customers.

Also concerning Pokemon. I think we need new type reps.
Potential poison types: Toxicroak, Golbat, Muk, Drapion, Nidoqueen, Nidoking.
Bug types: Scyther, Scizor, Pinser, Heracross, Bedrill.
Ice types: Sneasle, Jinx, Beartic, Abomnasnow, Mammoswine.
Ground/Rock types: Lycanroc, Sandslash, Garchomp, Tyranitaur, Graveler/Golem.
You got some good choices for a flying type.
Someone did a network test, and they say it's the exact same as before. lol. Nintendo is a joke.

Close Combat is the reason i chose the birds.

Tiymako

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Tiymako
3DS FC
3969-4335-6560
Switch FC
4983-0183-9411

It's always good to have a little bit of doubt and skepticism. I think the massive fanboyism in some people needs control, when people get so defensive and aggressive they seem to let their ego or pride get the better of them. I think they need to learn some control and have some mutual respect for others and their opinions. Also, be a little more openminded when it comes to others perspectives.

Honestly, I think Source Gaming is a good at what they do. There are times I disagree on some opinons, but most of the time I don't. I just like to debate and speculate. That given, question on what the meanings on some statements.

Instead of saying stuff like "Hype Responsibly" it may be better to say something like "Fanboy Responsibly" or "Speculate Cautiously" even "Don't get your hopes too high". Either way, it's unlikely anyone can hype responsibly when the chances are seemingly high and there are many coincidences pointing to certian characters in Smash. That's just my opinion though.

PS: I love how your title is Salt Lord.

Last edited:

Frosty Pops

Smash Journeyman

The best thing we could get to bury Verge would be any Pokemon that is not gen 7.

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
>me, when I've never been that big on online multiplayer in the first place and just concentrate on buying stuff
5bd.jpg

Anyway, about the whole "that echo slot got wasted" issue, I'm going to lay this out here: the only characters that slots are wasted on, are those who don't even remotely fit what the game is about in the first place.

Compare this situation to TMNT Smash-Up, for instance. That game is about some of the biggest names in the TMNT series fighting each other. At least three fighter slots are for the Rabbids, who don't blend in the game's setting, tone or level of action that well, when that could have been saved for missing characters like Bebop and Rocksteady.

So, compared to that, I say that all of the character slots are deserved, and none got wasted here.

Last edited:
Top Bottom