• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Sunrise, Sunset - Isaac for Smash Ultimate #GoldenSunday

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
*Golden Sun has trademark renewed*

GS fans: Yeah!

*Isaac gets added to Smash*

GS fans: YEAH!

*Golden Sun Golf and Golden Sun Tennis get released by Camelot*

GS fans: wait a second....
It's all good until Camelot releases DLC of Jenna, Mia and Sheba trying on their new swimsuits at the beach.

FlawedAI

Smash Ace
From what i've heard, he spread misinformation about Falgor in order to paint him as the bad guy. (look at that thread.)

If this guy is able to work for SG while doing such scummy acts like this, i'm very disappointed in them.
He works for SG? Man, I love their translation work, but with PushDustIn and their main account's whole "Hype Responsibly" crap (I mean really, what do you care? Let people be excited!) and this guy, I might reconsider my support of them.

ThoughtfulWanderer

Smash Lord
Even those humans got dropped afterwards, so there's not necessarily much guarantee of having the Golden Sun cast make regular appearances in Mario sports titles even then, seeing how safe those are nowadays. Imagine Isaac being replaced by Spike in the 3D titles...
Mainstay status wouldn't be as important as much as having them appear in a massive franchise like Mario to begin with. That's the kind of unexpected surprise that had people buzzing about Zelda, Splatoon, and Animal Crossing in Mario Kart. We don't know if those characters will stick around for Kart 9, but they were popular in that environment because of the novelty.

It's just good publicity and exposure for Golden Sun too. Imagine mystified kids being introduced to these characters with flashy GS summons as their special swings in Golf or Tennis. Imagine being able to use the GBA Link Cable to port Isaac and Jenna into Mario Golf Toadstool Tour and having them in glorious 3D.

It's all good until Camelot releases DLC of Jenna, Mia and Sheba trying on their new swimsuits at the beach.
"I didn't know this game was co-developed by Intelligent Systems."

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
The Isaac and Bandana Dee fanbases are literally some of the most chill there are. Especially considering how much nonsense they put up with against their characters. I oughta know, on more than one occasion I've called Bandana Dee Hat Goomba just for the lols. :laugh:

On what basis does he find us worthy of being comparable to the Daisy clan? Sorry sensible Daisy fans (all four of you) but you got some wackos in your midst.

SonicLink125

Smash Lord
NNID
SonicLink
From what i've heard, he spread misinformation about Falgor in order to paint him as the bad guy. (look at that thread.)

If this guy is able to work for SG while doing such scummy acts like this, i'm very disappointed in them.
So wait, he works for SG and has been doing this for quite some time? Wow! That's pretty bad.
Unless SOMEHOW he knows that Isaac is in and is just being a troll about it, we'll probably never know.

LegendOfDragoon

Smash Journeyman
Found the Advil guy who was ranting on Isaac before.

Oh boy. We would be so blessed to not have to suffer highly rated characters getting into smash.

Oh the horror....Oh the horror.

Did this guy seriously just compare us to the daisy fanbase?
What a scumbag. His whole feed is nothing but vitriol. I should ask Dustin if this is the kind of guy he wants Source Gaming associated with, because I don't think I can support them with someone like this on board.

It's like he's trying to be Grant Kirkhope but he doesn't have the charisma to pull it off without sounding like an ass.

XenoWarriorX

Smash Champion
That man can have the anti-isaac attitude all he wants.

But the moment he tries to spread misinformation about one of or members and paint our fanbase to be as comparable to Daisy's fanbase (mostly memoryman), for the sole reason of looking to look like the good guy to his impressionable fanbase and to further his own agenda, is when we have an issue.

I mean, i think i'm the worst isaac fan on this board, and even i'm not comparable to memoryman.

LegendOfDragoon

Smash Journeyman

But the moment he tries to spread misinformation about one of or members and paint our fanbase to be as comparable to Daisy's fanbase (mostly memoryman), for the sole reason of looking to look like the good guy to his impressionable fanbase and to further his own agenda, is when we have an issue.

I mean, i think i'm the worst isaac fan on this board, and even i'm not comparable to memoryman.
I almost got voted the Memoryman of Isaac over on gamefaqs, lol.

SonicLink125

Smash Lord
NNID
SonicLink

Nah, you're not the worst. Just the most pessimistic and cautious of the Isaac fandom. At least, the one I know of. We need a balance of both optimism and pessimism one way or another. But never give up hope for our Golden Boy, regardless.

Delta64

Smash Journeyman
Sigh...

Every character that is supported in any substantial form will get its share of detractors/haters. The more popular the character the more haters they will attract (The brighter we shine the more moths we will attract). That said besmirching a group of smash fans for publicity is just low.

Last edited:

Oracle_Summon

Smash Hero
Sigh...

Every character that is supported in any substantial form will get its share of detractors/haters. The more popular the character the more haters they will attract. That said besmirching a group of smash fans for publicity is just low.
As Ultimate's release date draws closer so does the blade of Smash contenders towards each other. Everyone wants their characters in and those in the lead are the biggest targets: Skull Kid, Banjo, Geno and Isaac.

Last edited:

Clumsyzephyr

Smash Journeyman
I mean, I decided to finally start being active on here because of how chill you all are. I normally don't contribute on forums.

Undella2

Smash Journeyman
There should be a JRPG where the NPC that sets up your party for the obligatory hot spring/beach stuff says something along the lines of-

"Don't you know? It's almost a requirement at this point for every adventuring party to do this at least once!"

"Uh-huh, and who requires that?"

"Well....."

DogManStar

Smash Ace
I mean I don't think Isaac is particularly likely, but he should at least be recognized as a possibility. All of the currently popular characters are at least fairly possible imo.

DogManStar

Smash Ace
I would suggest not drawing too much attention to him. It gives him ammunition to use against us.
Yeah this, if we keep posting about him like this it'll just give him ammo to call us worse than Daisy supporters again. If you insult our detractors, they will just use it to make all of us look bad.

Pwnapplez

Smash Ace

“You shouldn't throw stones if you live in a glass house and if you got a glass jaw, you should watch yo mouth: cause I'll break yo face.”
― 50 Cent

Let him talk his ****. I checked his timeline, he sounds like a very "lovely" person.

Don't let these people get to you. You know why he is saying this? Attention, which you are giving him. If you flat out ignore it, it will go away.

Don't feed the trolls.

Last edited:

Delta64

Smash Journeyman
In my opinion, Isaac currently sits at 50/50 shot of being playable.
I would suggest not drawing too much attention to him. It gives him ammunition to use against us.
I agree. He is just wants to mooch off all the attention Isaac has been getting.

XenoWarriorX

Smash Champion
Sigh...

Every character that is supported in any substantial form will get its share of detractors/haters. The more popular the character the more haters they will attract (The brighter we shine the more moths we will attract). That said besmirching a group of smash fans for publicity is just low.
This guy is incredibly dishonest with his fanbase. Of course, i think he got his fanbase from the SG community. Because from what i've heard from someone who recently went to the SG discord or website, that they have a "anti-isaac" mindset.
I mean, I decided to finally start being active on here because of how chill you all are. I normally don't contribute on forums.
Thanks, i hope my posts aren't detracting from the experience on this board. ^ - ^
This guy....

"I only say this about Isaac fans who think he's a lock."

Bull****, He says this to fans who also defending their character. This guy is a liar.
I almost got voted the Memoryman of Isaac over on gamefaqs, lol.
Ouch.

Nah, you're not the worst. Just the most pessimistic and cautious of the Isaac fandom. At least, the one I know of. We need a balance of both optimism and pessimism one way or another. But never give up hope for our Golden Boy, regardless.

After this, i kinda want to be positive about Isaac, mostly from people like this being prevalent if i'm not. The sooner Isaac gets revealed, the more likely people such as him are able to stop attacking a fanbase as fragile as Isaac's in the eyes of the smash community.

Last edited:

DogManStar

Smash Ace
I don't think anyone here is seriously acting like Isaac is a lock. Just overconfident optimism in these trying times. Hope is the only thing we have left in this uphill battle.

Isaac: Venus Adept

Smash Lord
Someone even had to tag poor Billybae10K Billybae10K in the comments there. I hate when detractors always feel the need to have to tag the IsaacforSmash account and Billy for posts like this.
I just realized that Camelot had production information (though not much) for their games on their website, and they included larger-scale versions of their sprites.

Basically, what they look like without the GBA compression aspect.
This looks awesome. Here's the Isaac one as well if any of you are interested

I wouldn't even mind if they rerelease the first two games upscaled in this way without the GBA compression on the Switch. Golden Sun's art-style will always be incredibly charming

Last edited:

Oracle_Summon

Smash Hero

I wouldn't even mind if they rerelease the first two games upscaled in this way without the GBA compression on the Switch. Golden Sun's art-style will always be incredibly charming

Where is the link to these? I have been looking online and have not found them.

XenoWarriorX

Smash Champion
I don't think anyone here is seriously acting like Isaac is a lock. Just overconfident optimism in these trying times. Hope is the only thing we have left in this uphill battle.
None of us here think he's a lock. But having hope is all we can do.

It's not like Smash 4 didn't condition us to not expect our golden sun.

Add one point to the dishonest list.

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
The difference between someone who has no affinity for a character and one who will, unprovoked, attack that character and their fanbase repeatedly is there's little point in further giving voice to nor engaging with the latter about it, they've no desire to keep an open mind. Negativity is their priority.

Falgor Falgor , valiant effort in attempting discourse, but some will never be open to that kind of thing. I'd say your energy is better spent elsewhere.

Last edited:

pholtos

Smash Journeyman
Golden Sun's art style blown up to proportionally fit the Switch would be incredible. Honestly, they wouldn't have to change up the graphics at all, just improve it to not be so compressioned.

XenoWarriorX

Smash Champion

Yeah. I like Camelot's old art style.

Too bad they changed it for Dark Dawn.

Edit: I know this is odd of me to say this, but if he comes onto here (since he has a smashboards account) i want you to do your best to ignore him.

I know. I spent many long minutes ranting on how much i don't like his practices. I only felt the need to bring this to light since i haven't seen anyone mention the behavior.

But I've done my job in presenting the evidence. Now i go on to ignoring him, until the day karma bites him.

Last edited:

Oracle_Summon

Smash Hero
Yeah. I like Camelot's old art style.

Too bad they changed it for Dark Dawn.
I think the original Sprites used for the first Golden Suns would be best for the world maps. If Golden Sun gets remade on Switch then having an art direction that fits the art for the game:

in cel-shaded graphics would do marvelously.

QcSlayer

Smash Journeyman
Your lying DogManStar, as you can see Isaac is a lock, here, I have proff.

Isaac_lock.png

Can't wait for LaxChris video: Huge Super Credible Smash Leak! Isaac is a lock!?!

Q-Long

Smash Lord
Why does that one dude mean

How are we like the daisy fanbase? I havent really spent alot of time with them so I have no clue

Like what does he mean? Do they complain even though their character got in?

Undella2

Smash Journeyman
What was so wrong with DD's artstyle?

This coming from a fan of the Xeno series, which seemingly changes artstyles every game?

XenoWarriorX

Smash Champion
What was so wrong with DD's artstyle?

This coming from a fan of the Xeno series, which seemingly changes artstyles every game?
Mostly due to GS, the mario sports portable games, and the Shining series establishing an art style that was a trademark of Camelot.

The art style for in-game models changing felt like an end of an era to me, which made me sad, but i get that things don't last forever.

I just miss it is all.
Why does that one dude mean

How are we like the daisy fanbase? I havent really spent alot of time with them so I have no clue

Like what does he mean? Do they complain even though their character got in?
idk. He's just an indivdual that has gotten influence from the SG community, and it seems he's misusing it. Not much we can do since me ranting about him will help solve nothing.

The best we can hope for is that Karma hits him sooner or later.

SonicLink125

Smash Lord
NNID
SonicLink
Your lying DogManStar, as you can see Isaac is a lock, here, I have proff.

View attachment 168388
Can't wait for LaxChris video: Huge Super Credible Smash Leak! Isaac is a lock!?!
Haha! Geez, LaxChris is something else. Every day on my YT feed, he has a new video pop up about some leak. (I don't watch them, however). It makes me wonder if he makes them up on forums like 4chan for example and then uses it to make 10+ minute long videos for that ad revenue. I won't lie though, that's kind of smart.

QcSlayer

Smash Journeyman
Gotta say this, at least LaxChris give us a link for is sources, so I don't have to watch the video.

Last edited:
Top Bottom