• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Starcraft 2 (Info on first post!)

Brightside6382

Smash Lord
No one ever used them. They were in the "underused" group of units in SC1. Like firebats and vultures.
??? Underused? I admit firebats were very situational at best. But Ultra's saw very common use in late game ZvP. Vultures were key units in TvP so I dunno what your getting at.

Cynan Machae

Smash Journeyman
NNID
CynanMachae
Ultras are very important in ZvP and seens quite often in ZvT.

Vultures are a staple unit in both TvP and TvT, and are seen quite often in TvZ, wether it be when palying mech or vs ultras late game.

And firebat, yea. They are pretty much only used in the early game or vs swarm.

F8AL

Banned via Warnings
Well, I did play a lot of Starcraft on Battle.Net a few years ago and I barely saw anyone use ultralisks, firebats or vultures.

Firebats are only good against light armored units anyways. They blow when they have to fight heavily armored ones. I don't have that much experience with ultralisks tbh so I never used them. And vultures are good for hit and runs/mine fields I suppose.

Frown

poekmon
An SCV deals 5 damage with "Normal" attack speed.

A non-upgraded Firebat without Stim Pack deals 16 damage with "Normal" attack speed, but it has concussive damage meaning it only deals 25% damage to all units in the Large class. The result is 4 damage at "Normal" attack speed.

Matador

Maybe Even...Utopian?
Corruptors are good anti-air...aside from that though...lol

Scourges were one of a kind awesome.

I absolutely love Infestors.

gunterrsmash01

Smash Champion
Corruptors are supposed to be the new devourers though
All the new units seem to be completely new or replace an old unit, but the scourge is no where in sight

shanus

Smash Hero
To be honest, Corruptors aren't really too good. I think hydras cover the anti-air role quite well.
corruptors are zerg's best answer to collosus, phoenix (better with hydras though), and void rays.

ThePrime

Smash Lord
beta is mad fun. My only complaint is how the division/league system works, and that getting in to plat seems a little too easy.

Lovage

Smash Hero
loool i do not understand how the ladders work. i just won a match and i went from rank4 bronze to rank9 silver O.o

Mic_128

Wake up...
Administrator
BRoomer
loool i do not understand how the ladders work. i just won a match and i went from rank4 bronze to rank9 silver O.o
Think of it like a tier list. You went from the middle of bottom tier and are now at the bottom of middle tier.

SC2's getting censored in Korea so that it'll be rated 12+ which means it'll still be safe to have it on TV over there. They're making the blood black, removing cussing and smoking refferences.

Frown

poekmon
New patch!

Balance Changes

• PROTOSS
    • Sentry
      • Force Fields can now be destroyed by Massive ground units walking over them.
    • Void Ray
      • Range decreased from 7 to 6.
    • Warp Gate
      • Subgroup selection priority changed from 2 to 3 so that it takes priority over Gateways when selected.
  • TERRAN
    • Marine
      • Stimpack research cost decreased from 150/150 to 100/100.
      • Combat Shield research cost decreased from 150/150 to 100/100.
  • ZERG
    • Infestor
      • Infested Terran spell removed.
      • Frenzy spell added:
        • Costs 25 energy.
        • Targets a single biological unit which deals 25% more damage and is immune to snare, stuns, and mind control for 30 seconds.
    • Overseer
      • Contaminate spell added:
        • Costs 75 energy.
        • Targets a single enemy structure which cannot train units or research upgrades for 30 seconds.
      • Infested Terran spell added:
        • Costs 125 energy.
        • Infested Terrans have the same stats as those previously created by the Infestor and are placed directly under the Overseer when spawned.
    • Ultralisk
      • Life decreased from 600 to 450.
      • Damage changed from 25 to 15 (+25 Armored).

T-block

B2B TST
ultras weren't nerfed lol. they got buffed like crazy

damage increase on armored, the ability to walk over forcefields, and the frenzy spell that seems designed to be used on ultras

also, frown forgot to mention this change for ultras: - Damage versus structures increased from 60 to 75.

TheBuzzSaw

Young Link Extraordinaire
BRoomer
The new patch is super glitchy. I lost my mini-map. Seriously, it's all black, and I cannot even click on it to jump to any locations. I am handicapped to panning manually.

Top Bottom