• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Starcraft 2 (Info on first post!)

NeverKnowsBest

Monochrome Like A Panda
Lol mass Void Rays make me smile =D I love em! At first I didn't like the units, but they slowly grew on me!

How long does it take for you to mass em?

Z'zgashi

Smash Legend
NNID
ZzgashiZzShy
3DS FC
1521-3678-2980
Lol, just mass probes and build like mad, i usually start attacking when i have around 6 and then add on. Sometimes i make an exception

TheBuzzSaw

Young Link Extraordinaire
BRoomer
Everyone is saying that Void Rays are too powerful, but it is simply not true. I love Void Rays. I try to build a good stack of them whenever possible, but they always get shredded by some low tier army. They have to be supported or used for surprise assaults. They don't just win against everything like the Battle.net whiners claim.

Z'zgashi

Smash Legend
NNID
ZzgashiZzShy
3DS FC
1521-3678-2980
I hate how they made the spine and spore crawlers root slower >.>

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
ajdfh;laj this game is so much more fast paced than sc1

i needa figure out how to beat marauders

i was reading a thread about it on teamliquid

i have never really used banelings or infestors yet but it seems they are really useful

Brightside6382

Smash Lord
ajdfh;laj this game is so much more fast paced than sc1

i needa figure out how to beat marauders

i was reading a thread about it on teamliquid

i have never really used banelings or infestors yet but it seems they are really useful
Are you using Z?

If you are referring to a early game push that some T's do with rines/rauders then speedlings can mop this up pretty easily as long as you pay attention to your positioning.

If you are talking about more dedicated MMM balls in the mid/late-game than his unit composition has to be taken into account because the inclusion of banelings is dependent on the ratio of Marines/rauders. In this part of the game hydra/infestors like someone stated earlier are effective or if you teched to muta that also works with the plus of being able to tech to BL's more smoothly.

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
hm thanks brightside

i got really confused against a terran and without thinking i went for roaches. it was dumb but i didnt realize how much range that marauders had. im still very inexperienced in zvt ahhhh haha, hydras sound like a good idea... ahhh do they take a lot of damage from marauders though? their hp seems low ><

hm hydras could take out the medivacs though... hm im still not used to using them, thanks for the tip though ill try it out next time i face a terran.

hey so

as zerg.... how do i fight tanks? D:

Brightside6382

Smash Lord
hm thanks brightside

i got really confused against a terran and without thinking i went for roaches. it was dumb but i didnt realize how much range that marauders had. im still very inexperienced in zvt ahhhh haha, hydras sound like a good idea... ahhh do they take a lot of damage from marauders though? their hp seems low ><

hm hydras could take out the medivacs though... hm im still not used to using them, thanks for the tip though ill try it out next time i face a terran.

hey so

as zerg.... how do i fight tanks? D:
Rauders do bonus to armored units and hydra aren't armored so they don't gotta deal with that bs. When using hydra's though creep tumors become 10x more important since they are so **** slow.

As far as the tanks are concerned if the T players is going bio mech like that then he will be starving for gas to support his rauder/tank numbers. This means that he's probably going to be relying on rines to act as a filler in his army to add some more meat. If thats the case banelings/muta/ling can take this on in the midgame so you can take your 3rd and possibly 4th expo's and start teching to BL's.

The key to fighting tanks though is proper scouting. Catch him on the move, pick off stray units when you can, generally don't attack while the tanks are sieged. If you let him set up shop right outside your nat the games most likely over.

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
hm i didnt know hydras' speed was affected by creep. thanks for the tips

yeah tanks **** everything so i understand what you mean by scouting... i just gotta be alert of what's going on in the map so that he cant get any good positions

TheBuzzSaw

BRoomer
Indeed. The next patch will take Charge away from Zealots and give it to the Ultralisks. ^_^

Z'zgashi

Smash Legend
NNID
ZzgashiZzShy
3DS FC
1521-3678-2980
Why take it away from zealots? Cant they just give it to both?

Z'zgashi

Smash Legend
NNID
ZzgashiZzShy
3DS FC
1521-3678-2980
They could call it something else, and change it just a little also...

TheBuzzSaw

BRoomer
I was joking... You honestly think Charge is good for Ultralisks? You see how big those things are???

Z'zgashi

Smash Legend
NNID
ZzgashiZzShy
3DS FC
1521-3678-2980
Pfft, it would be amazing! They could close in and attack faster before death! being able to get 2 or so more attacks off = about 140 extra damage mind you

Matador

Maybe Even...Utopian?
Indeed. The next patch will take Charge away from Zealots and give it to the Ultralisks. ^_^
Why take it away from zealots? Cant they just give it to both?
Diversity is extremely important in Starcraft. I doubt they will ever give two units the exact same special ability.
They could call it something else, and change it just a little also...
I lol'd, good show.

Edit: Unfortunately I cannot play as much as I'd like to. I keep getting this fog of war thing once my units move too far from my base....they just vanish and I can't control them anymore.

I think it may be my video card or something.

Brightside6382

Smash Lord
The only real problem with the Ultralisk are the fact that

A) Marauders exist (they need a nerf badly)

B) Force Field.

If they could somehow fix both of those issues Ultra would actually see some use in late game play but as it is now BL's are almost ALWAYS the better choice.

Z'zgashi

Smash Legend
NNID
ZzgashiZzShy
3DS FC
1521-3678-2980
I used vultures for spider mines... firebats at the beginning a little too...

Top Bottom