• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Star Fox Assault

Metroid Killer

Smash Hero
I'm pretty sure I heard that Peppy would be a playable pilot.

4 player co-op is gonna be the best thing ever since sliced bread!

The life hud looks slick

I dig the smoke!

I want you to suck my [censored] ;)

Ok the game looks sweet!

Seems like they are battling on Dinosaur Planet.

Metroid Killer

Smash Hero
Actually it seems like IGN is the only one not being pleased with the game

"Alrighty. I’m happy to say that Star Fox feels very much like Star Fox 64. The voices aren’t as good this time around in my opinion, but besides that little discrepancy, I really was pleased with this game. It opens up the same as SF64 did, as in having the characters run in Great Fox, hop into the Arwings, and then blast off. I played and beat the first level, which was the demo. I used the Arwing, and flew around in outer space with hundreds of fleets of ships below me, (really good graphics too). It truly feels like SF64, I can’t stress that enough, and if you like that game, then you’re bound to like this one as well. One part of the demo had you encountering a prototype enemy robot who moved around very swiftly and was very well animated. The control scheme is like N64’s, with the exception that the Y button is your boost now. The boost’s effects look good too, as does every other special effect in this game. Blowing up these big ships with a Power Bomb is really neat." -- Paul Gale

"Starfox 2 area is packed. I cant even get a crack at it. Everyone is playing 4 player battles,ITS MADNESS. SOOOO much stuff going on. Amazing particle effects and explosions everywhere on screen."

"Ok back guys. Ijust got back from playing 3 and 4 player Starfox. ITS FRICKING AWESOME. I got owned at first and I couldnt figure out why. I had it on dual-analog!!! So although its good when you're on foot it sucks for tanks and the airships. I switched it to single stick mode, and from then I owned everyone.

Okokokok. Gotta think what I liked. THE TANK. I was down in the trenches and you cant really move the turrent up, so I just hovered in the sky, panned around and then just let my friggin charge nuke shots go and took down all the r-wings? (i forget what they are called). Also when you're ship is going down you can bail out so you dont die, your guy. I played as falco and he was bad @$$. HE has similiar moves to Link when youre on foot, backflip, side rolls, side flips. No one could land a shot on me! I was dodging everything. I took some pics on my camera phone so hopefully I can get those up. THE SKY IS PHOTOREALISTIC. Its insane. In space, the stars, supernovas and nebulas in the background are gorgeous!!!

let me post this so you know im alive, and then I will continue!!"

"Back to star fox impressions. Single player! You know in the intro, that huge fleet! You battle within it, side by side with the big ships. Like in Star Wars enemies come in on raids and start making attack runs on the fleet, you go out within the fleet, 100s of ships, and just dog fight in and out. Oh god it was sweet. This game has leaped from me not caring to my top 5 must haves games.

Back to multiplayer. On one level, there is just a black floor and random square objects like that one cours in Mario kart. Pretty basic, so its just all out fighting. I destroyed the two other ships then took off in the air and annihilated the people on the ground muawhawh." - Some guy at E3

The game sounds awesome to me!

Fox 2k3

Smash Ace
Yeah I know, and actually that's true, but I like the game, I just don't see the graphics good, but Is a bought game for me (since I'm SF fan) also there is plenty of time to work on the game yet, and thats why they didn't showed big thing on the E3 (Specially the story mode) also I've heard that more characters that will be on the story (like Wolf I guess) will be playable at the multiplayer as well, I guess we will have to wair for more media and news from the next months to see the real potential that this game has. :)

Ace(Fox)

Smash Ace
This game looks awsome! I thin kthe reason why it looks bad in the screen shots is because the screen shots were poorly taken or something. The R-Wings look cooler than ever! I am looking forward to this game..... now i just have to get a gamecube....

Metroid Killer

Smash Hero
Yes Omg I just saw a looooong mvoie with both single and multiplayer.

The game is one of the most beautiful gamecube games at E3 looking almost as good as MP2:E. (the screens are misleading!)

Cool stuff:

You are fox, wingmen are Falco(yay it's good to have him back), Slippy and Krystal

ROB and Peppy are operating from The Great Fox (I'd much rather have Peppy out on the field though:()

Andross is back!!

Fortuna is back(so we're in the Lylat system)

In onfoot missions the Landmaster tank can blow up but you'll be able to fight on foot.

Limey

Smash Fan
BRoomer
Originally posted by Metroid Killer

ROB and Peppy are operating from The Great Fox (I'd much rather have Peppy out on the field though:()
Leave the poor bugger alone. What is he? 100 years old now?

Well, seriously, i'm looking forward to this, especially the enlarged Starfox team. Waha, i want to see more!

I hope Wolf returns, too, that would be great.

Got a link to the video, MK?

Metroid Killer

Smash Hero
Well remember who you fought against on Fortuna in SF64? ;) Now Fortuna is back!

Here It's the top one I talked about.

One thing that bugs me: On foot missions aren't on-rail, not even Landmaster Tank missions, however it still looks fun just not so Star Fox like.

Fox 2k3

Smash Ace
Yes Omg I just saw a looooong mvoie with both single and multiplayer.

The game is one of the most beautiful gamecube games at E3 looking almost as good as MP2:E. (the screens are misleading!)

Cool stuff:

You are fox, wingmen are Falco(yay it's good to have him back), Slippy and Krystal

Andross is back!!

Fortuna is back(so we're in the Lylat system)

In onfoot missions the Landmaster tank can blow up but you'll be able to fight on foot.
Andross is back?!?! *Loads blaster* :D

Anyway where did you saw that video? will you post the link?

Bowser87

Smash Lord
I watched the video, and I must say I'm impressed. I might buy the game after all, but it's not my top priority rigth now. I'm actually glad to see Andross back, along with all of the Lylat System. The background was pretty cool in the flying sequence, with the planets and everything. I'm looking forward to seeing more of that.
Now what I really don't like is the voice acting. It was perfect in SF64... Now it sucks. All the characters haev different voice, and only SLippy has a similar one from what I could get. This is just too bad.

Venom Dream

Smash Champion
Hey, MK, who are you on the EGM message boards? I noticed you have been re-posting what GlubGlub has been putting up.

The video you just posted won't work.

And maybe some one should update the first post? It still has information from last E3.

I'm kinda excited about this game, but compaired to all he others I want? No way, I can't afford this! I already have too large a list of games I want.

Metroid Killer

Smash Hero
Ign has a whole lot of Single Player movies for display...

OMG!! Don't fear anything Namco is going back to the SF64 roots... even the intro when they are running to their arwings is in Star Fox 2... the music is great... the gameplay looks exactly like SF64 except WAY better, very beautiful.

The only things that isn't perfect are the voices, however it has been confirmed that these voices are just temporary(sp) voices just for the E3 build. I'm sure the final voices will be decent... I don'r dare to dream of them being as great as SF64 voices (too bad)

Now if they could just make the multiplayer look just as great ;)

Stopsign

Smash Ace
Yeah Star Fox is shaping out to be a good game. Good graphics , solid gameplay, nice sound, good multi player. My only problem with the game is what's the story line. I didn't read all the posts so don't yell at me if you annouced it somewhere. I mean none of the sites I go to have anything on the storyline. Lets just hope it turns out to be good like Star Fox 64.

Metroid Killer

Smash Hero
Well it's true that not much has been revealed about the stroy.

Though the new movies confirms we are against Andross's army (or what's left of it). The upsrings of Andross's army is lead by Andrew Oikonny (Andross's nephew), which is a member of the Star Wolf team (woohoo 1 member active, 3 members left ;) ), which tryed to stop team Star Fox in Star Fox 64.

So far Corneria and Fortuna have been revealed from E3 demo.

Fortuna is an icy world and was once thought a perfect place to hide military information from invading forces. In SF64 Andross took over the base and installed a bomb inside the base. But before the Star Fox team could disarm the bomb they were attacked by team Star Wolf (this is the first time they showed up in SF64).

Everythings points towards that Star Wolf will be back in SF2... great great news!!

Fox 2k3

Smash Ace
Well it's true that not much has been revealed about the stroy.

Though the new movies confirms we are against Andross's army (or what's left of it). The upsrings of Andross's army is lead by Andrew Oikonny (Andross's nephew), which is a member of the Star Wolf team (woohoo 1 member active, 3 members left ;) ), which tryed to stop team Star Fox in Star Fox 64.

So far Corneria and Fortuna have been revealed from E3 demo.

Fortuna is an icy world and was once thought a perfect place to hide military information from invading forces. In SF64 Andross took over the base and installed a bomb inside the base. But before the Star Fox team could disarm the bomb they were attacked by team Star Wolf (this is the first time they showed up in SF64).

Everythings points towards that Star Wolf will be back in SF2... great great news!!
So it;s andrew this time, I hope to see wolf on there as everybody.

Ryuker

Smash Lord
One thing that I wonder about. Will you be able to save your progress in this version. Its not needed though it was fun playing for a full 1,5 hour and finishing it :D.

Limey

Smash Fan
BRoomer
Oh yes, plot development! Andross has died three times, i like the idea of Andrew leading his forces now. The story was pretty much the same for Starwing and Lylat Wars, so this i great to see a change!

Where did you get that info from, MK?

Bowser87

Smash Lord
Woohoo, we got Andrew, the worst pilot of the Star Wolf team! If he could become the leader of Adross' army, then Andross might still be alive, and Wolf, Leon and Pigma are almost certain of coming back too. That's great news. I just hope they have the same voice actors. But the guy I really want to see back, besides Bill, is Mecbeth, the boss of the planet Macbeth, who controlled a train. There are little chances he survived that crash in the bunker, but still, you never know.

Fox 2k3

Smash Ace
Originally posted by Bowser87
Woohoo, we got Andrew, the worst pilot of the Star Wolf team! If he could become the leader of Adross' army, then Andross might still be alive, and Wolf, Leon and Pigma are almost certain of coming back too. That's great news. I just hope they have the same voice actors. But the guy I really want to see back, besides Bill, is Mecbeth, the boss of the planet Macbeth, who controlled a train. There are little chances he survived that crash in the bunker, but still, you never know.
Yeah, I heard that we might be seeing Bill again, as well Katt :) I can't w8 anymore.

Limey

Smash Fan
BRoomer
A sidenote, Fox needs to put his heafset thing on... he looks so naked without it.

NESSBOUNDER

Smash Master
Hmm...I personally think Fox doesn't need his headset. He looks fine without it.

Krystal is now in a body suit. That's a definate improvement.

And the game looks great! They'd BETTER include a save in this one, and fix up those dodgy controls while they're at it.

This game isn't getting enough hype. I'll definately be bying it.

Stopsign

Smash Ace
Yeah they better make better controls this time the last one made me very fustrated. I don't mind if Fox doesn't have his headset. I don't think they ever played inportant role in the game. Krystal does look better with a body suit on

Dapenda

Smash Champion
Well, i hope this game has many more branching lvls where u can choose diff paths each time u play a lvl

it's nice to finally see another big LAN supported GC game comming out, that makes 4 now w/ PSO, Kirby's Air Ride and Mario Kart?

Linkzrath

Smash Journeyman
Ah good old fashioned space fighter game. Fox is back where he belongs...in his Arwing and blasting the baddies. I'm gonna keep my eye on this game...and I second the save feature...

James macloud

Smash Journeyman
amazing

the viacul change looks imence and the fact you can have one guy pioleting a Arwing and another pn top of it shoting. whith this and the new Zelda game coming out all is good.

Krystal's not near-nude anymore. Yay.

Well it makes sense, in a line of work where weapons fire comes flying at you :rolleyes:

And if Gen. Pepper has hired her, he's gonna give her a uniform, just like everyone else.

Ya, the voices are disturbing. Slippy sounds like Tails, and Fox sounds like Will Truman (Will & Grace).

MarioBoy09

Smash Rookie
I had the N64 version of Star Fox. I beat it about 50 times (i'm not lying.) i'm especially gonna rent this game before I decide i'm going to buy it or not. Its definately a waiting game for me.

XDaDePsak

BRoomer
BRoomer
starfox and starfox 64 were only cool because of the 3-D element which was new at the time.

Now that we are so used to 3D, will it still be worth playing even?

BRoomer
BRoomer
NNID
LessThanPi
Originally posted by XDaDePsak
starfox and starfox 64 were only cool because of the 3-D element which was new at the time.

Now that we are so used to 3D, will it still be worth playing even?
We may be used to 3-D games but lately there haven't been to many good shooters out. kinda sad really... I think this game is well worth waiting for.

Okay about SFA I've nevr really played through it was the story realy that bad?
and foxes voice actor would it be the same for the one in SSBM ( because that one sounds fairly good to me)

about the graphics in the screens I'm sure they look much worse than the actually graphics probablly due to the image being strected a bit or some thing.
And there will be more than one 'new member' of the starfox team, so that leaves hope (although chances are they will be completely new) for charactors like Kat (I found her very annoying in SF64 poping out of no where trying to take my kills and such) and Bill.

And just something to ponder after the SF serises last flop do you really think that nintendo will let there be another one.

McFox

Spread the Love
BRoomer
Originally posted by <3
about the graphics in the screens I'm sure they look much worse than the actually graphics probablly due to the image being strected a bit or some thing.
Still images from movies never end up looking very good anyway. You have to see it in motion to appreciate it.

Zeeky H Bomb

Smash Ace
This game looks good. I don't care for the new Fox model though. I liked the Fox model in SSBM and Starfox 64 the best. I didn't like the model in SFA Before, but now that i see that it's just sharper, it's more appealing. But the fox model in THIS game looks like a diseased chia pet. Oh well, I will look into this game, I hope it's good though, because i thought SFA was the ****.

Top Bottom