• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Stage Discussion

Sgtxam

Smash Rookie
NNID
Sgtxam
3DS FC
2964-8815-6265
GameXplain videos have shown Duck Hunt stage is not a walk off and the shaking grass hides your characters. Also music has shown that Magicant is de confirmed because it's music plays on Onett:(:(

Last edited:

Naoshi

wow this is a custom title
Not sure if it's been brought up but so far every franchises except a few has at least one new stage for Wii U. Mario is the only franchise with multiple new stages.

F-Zero, Mother, ROB and G&W are the only playable franchises so far without a known new stage. G&W will likely have one, seeing as how there isn't any Wii U stage yet for him (and not to mention Flat Zone 2 is in 3DS). ROB might not get a new stage since Gyromite's theme is used in Wrecking Crew. F-Zero and Mother is debatable but at the moment they might just only get their returning stages.

Last edited:

G-Guy

Smash Ace
NNID
G-Guy1990
So, Gamexplain posted a video showing off all the default songs in the game...

sigh, stonecarving city is part of gamer, while "Smiles & Tears" and "Magicant" are songs featured in Onett, basically deconfirming 3DS Magicant. :-(

BearUNLV

Esports Manager, Tournament Director
Is there a list of Tournament Legal Stages for the WiiU? I'm host a tournament later this month and would like a good amount of legal stages to be able to stage strike properly.

Piford

Smash Lord
NNID
SuperZelda
Is there a list of Tournament Legal Stages for the WiiU? I'm host a tournament later this month and would like a good amount of legal stages to be able to stage strike properly.
There's not even an official tournament Legal Stage list for the 3DS out yet, as far as I can tell.
If you want a list for an extremely early tournament, some good stages will probably be

Battlefield
Big Battlefield
Congo Jungle
Final Destination
Skyloft
Smashville
Town and City
Duck Hunt
Orbital Gate Assault
Lylat Cruise
Mario Circuit (Wii U)
Delphino Plaza
Halberd
Wuhu Island
Pilot Wings
Wooly World
Castle Siege
Windy Hill Zone

And some other good stages that might need some looking at would be

Pokemon Stadium 2
Norfair
Kalos Pokemon League
Jungle Hijinx
Luigi's Mansion
Wii Fit Studio
Coliseum
Mushroom Kingdom U
Gamer
Wrecking Crew
Yoshi's Island

Naoshi

It was heard in the WiiU direct so the track being in the game is confirmed.

But it wasn't in the starter songs list...

So, it's not a starter.

Meaning unlockable.
Next time just tell us it was from a Direct instead. You can't say it's confirmed until you have actual proof it's in the Wii U game. Confirmation means you actually heard it from the game, not you think it's in the game. It really confused people. For what we all know, it could be just in the 3DS version, but I'm not doubting it being in the Wii U version, but I'm just saying you know?

Last edited:

NeonBurrito

Smash Ace
The Paper Mario medley is confirmed as unlockable...

Stage?
I would assume so, as Paper Mario is primarily a console-based series. Now just to speculate on which area it could based off of. Flipside? Glitz Pit? Rogueport? Toad Town? Who knows.

Last edited:

Naoshi

It would be so awesome if we do get a TTYD stage or something. Paper Mario in general has great locations (except for Stinker Star) with a lot of unique stuff going on about them.

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
After listening to Dedede's second theme, it's safe to assume why did it take a Japanese direction. King Dedede had taken over Japan and banished the fell samurai to Mexico (Hence the Hispanic influence in TMMC medley). :troll:

To stay on topic, they might have the theme as an unlockable for 75M since Donkey Kong was released during the same decade.

Last edited:

Strofirko

Smash Master
All the retro stages (wrecking crew,duck hunt) are shaping perfectly this time around,even 75 M is reddeming itself with 8 player matchs.
:flatzone2: Is basicaly confirmed,no G&W starting music in Wiiu.
Source?

After listening to Dedede's second theme, it's safe to assume why did it take a Japanese direction. King Dedede had taken over Japan and banished the fell samurai to Mexico (Hence the Hispanic influence in TMMC medley). :troll:

To stay on topic, they might have the theme as an unlockable for 75M since Donkey Kong was released during the same decade.
Duck hunt stole the track,and it fits perfectly:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lq3UCTJSXgk&list=UU33NVqzqhQGJQbZVmXS0Xeg&index=7

Last edited:

Naoshi

:flatzone2: Is basicaly confirmed,no G&W starting music in Wiiu.
Um, that's because G&W is an unlockable, so by default that would make his hypothetical stage an unlockable.

Did you see the stage or just outright say it's confirmed with an assumption?

Last edited:

Piford

Smash Lord
NNID
SuperZelda
oh so it is confirmed

does this mean G&W won't have a new stage? I hope I'm wrong :/
It actually was confirmed a minute after you posted
Um, that's because G&W is an unlockable, so by default that would make his hypothetical stage an unlockable.

Did you see the stage or just outright say it's confirmed with an assumption?
I assume then he does not have a new stage, and R.O.B. doesn't seem to have one either.

Naoshi

It actually was confirmed a minute after you posted

I assume then he does not have a new stage, and R.O.B. doesn't seem to have one either.
Yeah, it was just that his post originally came off like it was an assumption, so it wasn't clear at the time.

That's pretty disappointing. F-Zero, Mother, G&W all had new stages in past Smash Brothers (except 64), so this is kind of off putting. I hope we'll at least get more returning stages for the 3 to make up for it. ROB missing out again kind of sucks, but I guess he's suppose to be representing NES games than himself.

zony514

Smash Apprentice
NNID
zoniken514
3DS FC
1633-5281-0428
Oh crud...F-ZERO, MOTHER and G&W not having any new stages this time...including R.O.B. having none!
I was hoping they'd had Flat Zone 3 in a multi-screened version, and Magicant in Earthbound version...
Now I kinda feel their #1 excuse is "we didn't have much time"...

Last edited:

JLU51306

Smash Apprentice
So there's been no confirmation of Big Blue or Rainbow Cruise? (Two of my favorite stages)

Piford

Smash Lord
NNID
SuperZelda
Yeah, it was just that his post originally came off like it was an assumption, so it wasn't clear at the time.

That's pretty disappointing. F-Zero, Mother, G&W all had new stages in past Smash Brothers (except 64), so this is kind of off putting. I hope we'll at least get more returning stages for the 3 to make up for it. ROB missing out again kind of sucks, but I guess he's suppose to be representing NES games than himself.
Well F-Zero had Mute City and Mother had Magicant. So in both versions , only Game & Watch is left out. This makes sense as Flatzone 2 does represent Game & Watch pretty well. That being said, I think we have at least 1 more unlockables stage to see (we've seen 6 and the 3DS version had 7), or 6 more to match brawl's.

Strofirko

Smash Master
Oh crud...F-ZERO, MOTHER and G&W not having any new stages this time...including R.O.B. having none!
I was hoping they'd had Flat Zone 3 in a multi-screened version...
Now I kinda feel their #1 excuse is "we didn't have much time"...
Well only 4 franchises were left out on the wiiu version,on 3ds were 9.

I still can't see gyromite or Stack-up working as a stage.

Last edited:

Naoshi

So there's been no confirmation of Big Blue or Rainbow Cruise? (Two of my favorite stages)
Both their primary songs are confirmed to be in different stages... :(

Well F-Zero had Mute City and Mother had Magicant. So in both versions , only Game & Watch is left out. This makes sense as Flatzone 2 does represent Game & Watch pretty well. That being said, I think we have at least 1 more unlockables stage to see (we've seen 6 and the 3DS version had 7), or 6 more to match brawl's.
But I'd like to have Mute City and Magicant to be in this version at least. It feels weird that the definite version of Smash is not giving them their new stages. Also, not a fan of Flat Zone 2, thought it was an annoying level, I liked the Melee variant more, I wish they went with at least that.

Last edited:

JLU51306

Smash Apprentice
Both their primary songs are confirmed to be in different stages... :(

But I'd like to have Mute City and Magicant to be in this version at least. It feels weird that the definite version of Smash is doing this. Not a fan of Flat Zone 2, thought it was an annoying level, I liked the Melee variant more.
Oh, how that sucks :(

ToonAdri

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Toonadri
abyone knows how to unlock pacland,smashville & pokemon stadium 2?
PD: IDK why but i predict fountaih of dreams...

Piford

Smash Lord
NNID
SuperZelda
abyone knows how to unlock pacland,smashville & pokemon stadium 2?
PD: IDK why but i predict fountaih of dreams...
The only unlcok method we know is Congo Jungle is unlocked after beating Event 1. I can tell you that beating events the events in Pokemon Stadium 2, Pac-Land, and Smashville do not unlock them.

CatRaccoonBL

You can do it!
NNID
RaccoonBL
3DS FC
2294-4606-0767
Argh, Flatzone 2 instead of 1. :/

This day has been hype but of course something had to ruin it. *Sigh*

...Maybe 1 can be unlocked as well? *Sigh* Not holding my breath though.

ToonAdri

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Toonadri
The only unlcok method we know is Congo Jungle is unlocked after beating Event 1. I can tell you that beating events the events in Pokemon Stadium 2, Pac-Land, and Smashville do not unlock them.
hmm maybe pac-land & smashville using 3 times the pacman & villager smash final?

Piford

Smash Lord
NNID
SuperZelda
hmm maybe pac-land & smashville using 3 times the pacman & villager smash final?
Apparently unlocking Mr. Game & Watch is not the unlock condition for Flatzone 2 again, maybe you'll need challenges 1-50 or something.

Strofirko

Smash Master
guys do yoy expect more unlockable stages or only this 4 stages?
We have 6 at the moment.
Flat zone 2
Congo jungle 64
Pokemon stadium 2
Duck hunt
Pac land
Smashville
Sincerely,I expect more,we had 12 in brawl.

Last edited:

Meelow

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Meelow
Seeing how I don't have Melee, I would of loved if Flat Zone 1 was the stage for Mr. Game and Watch and not Brawl since I have Brawl, however It's possible that more DLC stages will come after the Miiverse stage, I'm hoping for...

Flat Zone 3
Magicant
Mute City

And maybe a R.O.B stage? But I have a feeling they'll treat Wrecking Crew stage as the R.O.B Stage like the Mario Bros. Stage from Brawl.

And It would be really weird if Congo Jungle 64 is the only 64 returning stage, if they only had to limit it to the 64 Melee stages, then I expect Yoshi's Island 64 and Dream Land 64 to come back.

Last edited:

ToonAdri

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Toonadri
im personally want Fountain of Dreams,Pirate Ship and the pokemon stage from 64

Last edited:
Top Bottom