• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Stage Discussion

Dark Dude

Smash Journeyman
NNID
DudeSean
Does anyone else reeaaally hope that Fourside returns?
Even if it doesn't, we could easily remake it in Stage Builder. Except for the UFO... I guess we could just put a moving platform up top? Can you make moving platforms go outside of the knockout zone?

But it would be cool to have Fourside return.

Piford

Smash Lord
NNID
SuperZelda
Even if it doesn't, we could easily remake it in Stage Builder. Except for the UFO... I guess we could just put a moving platform up top? Can you make moving platforms go outside of the knockout zone?

But it would be cool to have Fourside return.
I don't think anyone really likes Fourside for the layout, more for the fact that its foreside. Just having a bunch of rocks doesn't remind me of Earthbound.

BowserK.Rool

Smash Champion
I hope there's a Gangplank Galleon Stage for DK if King K. Rool makes it as a dlc character, as well as maybe a Bowser's Castle Stage.

SuperWiiUBros

Smash Rookie
I don't think anyone really likes Fourside for the layout, more for the fact that its foreside. Just having a bunch of rocks doesn't remind me of Earthbound.
I liked Fourside before I even played Earthbound. I just thought it was a fun, cool looking stage.

Dark Dude

Smash Journeyman
NNID
DudeSean
I like Fourside for the layout. The fact that it's Fourside means nothing to me. :ohwell:

I hope there's a Gangplank Galleon Stage for DK if King K. Rool makes it as a dlc character, as well as maybe a Bowser's Castle Stage.
I would like a Gangplank Galleon stage and playable King K. Rool.
A Bowser's Castle stage would be cool, too.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
I'm hoping for an ROB stage. It's the only playable series to not get a stage for two games in a row.

zony514

Smash Apprentice
NNID
zoniken514
3DS FC
1633-5281-0428
Im hoping a nes zapper stage for duck hunt dog when revealed.
I'm hoping for an ROB stage. It's the only playable series to not get a stage for two games in a row.
I do hope the old NES characters should have their own stage too, including their musics.
I'm also hoping for Game & Watch's new stage, based on double-screened G&W games like Greenhouse and Donkey Kong, probably good for an expanded 8-player Smash stage.

zony514

Smash Apprentice
NNID
zoniken514
3DS FC
1633-5281-0428
I want a "Hardware Floats" stage. Like Poke Floats, but with consoles and peripherals.
Hey, that's cool! It'll be interesting like every consoles from both Japan and US can do crazy stuffs, like the Famicon can launch cartridges upwards and KO's people whoever on it, or Gamecube slowly spinning around like that block from 3D Land.

ryuu seika

Smash Master
Hey, that's cool! It'll be interesting like every consoles from both Japan and US can do crazy stuffs, like the Famicon can launch cartridges upwards and KO's people whoever on it, or Gamecube slowly spinning around like that block from 3D Land.
Why does everything need to be super chaotic and kill everyone?
Also, if the gamecube does rotate, I would like to see it do so across both the horizontal and vertical axis in a way that pays homage to its inclusion in Tales of Symphonia.

Last edited:

ryuu seika

Smash Master
I don't know? Because it's crazy? :p
Don't get me wrong, I appreciate stage ingenuity as much as the next guy, I just also have a thing for playability.
Randomly dying because the stage decided to spawn a boss or an opponent threw me at a hazard a 20% or a smashball decided not to break for me feels like losing because the game wants me to and not because I was outplayed or did anything wrong myself.

I just feel like we've had massive power creep in terms of stages and hazards and that it's hard to have a fair fight between two players now. I get annoyed when people suggest adding on random nonsense to otherwise good stage ideas because that's how it looks like Smash 3DS was designed.

BADGRAPHICS

Smash Ace
3DS FC
2406-5113-4228
Don't get me wrong, I appreciate stage ingenuity as much as the next guy, I just also have a thing for playability.
Randomly dying because the stage decided to spawn a boss or an opponent threw me at a hazard a 20% or a smashball decided not to break for me feels like losing because the game wants me to and not because I was outplayed or did anything wrong myself.

I just feel like we've had massive power creep in terms of stages and hazards and that it's hard to have a fair fight between two players now. I get annoyed when people suggest adding on random nonsense to otherwise good stage ideas because that's how it looks like Smash 3DS was designed.
I totally agree. Having a few hazards is fine, but too many stages significantly detract from the gameplay.

In the 3DS version, stages like Unova Pokemon League, Pictochat 2 and Spirit Tracks have a lot of hazardous elements, but they don't detract from the core gameplay.

On the other hand, Wily's Castle is just a nightmare, easily the worst stage in the game. The Yellow Devil gimmick got really old, really fast. I suspect Pyrosphere is going to be more of the same.

Xzsmmc

Smash Champion
On the other hand, Wily's Castle is just a nightmare, easily the worst stage in the game. The Yellow Devil gimmick got really old, really fast. I suspect Pyrosphere is going to be more of the same.
Don't remind me. That would have been my favorite stage, but noooo. They had to add the worst idea ever. If the stupid Yellow Devil stayed dead, it would at least be tolerable.

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend
Im a :079: of when i figured this out

On the direct it showed the starter stages on the stages section (unless pac-land was shown.)

Sooo all of the known stages not shown are unlockables

zony514

Smash Apprentice
NNID
zoniken514
3DS FC
1633-5281-0428
Im a :079: of when i figured this out

On the direct it showed the starter stages on the stages section (unless pac-land was shown.)

Sooo all of the known stages not shown are unlockables
I do think Pac-Land is an unlockable stage. As Pac Maze from 3DS version was an unlockable, I think that'll be a same routine for the Wii U version as well too. But yes, there should be more stages as unlockables, possibly results up to more than 50 stages...

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend
I do think Pac-Land is an unlockable stage. As Pac Maze from 3DS version was an unlockable, I think that'll be a same routine for the Wii U version as well too. But yes, there should be more stages as unlockables, possibly results up to more than 50 stages...
I do believe you have to unlock pac-man gamexplain including a few users here on smashboards said pac-land is missing in the stage select

the key is the direct showed none of the unlockable stages on the 3ds version

CardiganBoy

Smash Lord
All i want is something from Metroid Prime Trilogy, like Elysia:

SkytownSmall.jpg

Considering there are 3 Metroid Stages in Brawl, and we've only seen 2. Norfair is returning, so i doubt they would just add another old stage, but i'm don't get my hopes to up neither.

domokl

Smash Lord
So on the topic of stage bosses the find mii stage has the dark emperor. He isn't half as bad as I thought he would be. he gives some buffs and debuffs and when he does come out of the background you can defeat him pretty easily.

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend
So on the topic of stage bosses the find mii stage has the dark emperor. He isn't half as bad as I thought he would be. he gives some buffs and debuffs and when he does come out of the background you can defeat him pretty easily.
And i also want to find out if any of the secret stages has boss hazards (slim but still possible)

And a hair off topic of stages but i wonder how many bosses there are in smash bros wii u version.

Ps back on topic

Uh remember on the event part of the 50-facts thing with one of the stages looking like the pokemon stadium 2 stage?

TADA its 110% offical now.

Last edited:

zony514

Smash Apprentice
NNID
zoniken514
3DS FC
1633-5281-0428
And i also want to find out if any of the secret stages has boss hazards (slim but still possible)

And a hair off topic of stages but i wonder how many bosses there are in smash bros wii u version.

Ps back on topic

Uh remember on the event part of the 50-facts thing with one of the stages looking like the pokemon stadium 2 stage?

TADA its 110% offical now.
Whoah! Where'd you get that pic!? And they have Pokemon Smash for music.

ryuu seika

Smash Master
He still takes up a good deal of space and kills those who touch him, outprioritizing many short range physical moves with his body. Combine that with the speed at which the main platform can spontaneously sink and I'm not sure the stage is fair.
If, however, he just sat in the back giving stat alterations then I would be totally fine with him.

4cast

Smash Ace
NNID
luma77
3DS FC
4511-0457-7629
With Miiverse Now joining the Ranks of the Crisp, Gorgeous Looking stages in the Wii U version I was wondering what songs Miiverse would have on it! so I made this list on what I think the song selection of Miiverse will look like :p

Miiverse (A medley if you will of the different Sounds and noises made in Miiverse similar to Pictochat)
Panel De Pon (Eh Its a Fan Favourite and Miiverse sounds like the best stage to put it)
Wii Shop Channel (Another favourite that makes sense to go here)
Theme Shop (This is an interesting one because the Theme Shop hasn't been out for too long now but it basically already has its own tune already)
Nintendo eShop (Not sure which theme to pick but it think it would fit fine I mean we Have Dillon's Rolling Western Music on the Pilot Wings Stage!)
Mii Plaza (It was used in the direct to show Miiverse so I think its a safe bet to assume it will be on here as well)
WaraWara Plaza (This one sounds like a lot of fun if its actually on this Stage I'd love hearing a Faster version of this Remixed to Include Mii Noises Too!)

New_Dumal

Smash Lord
NNID
NewTouchdown
-->Gangplank Galleon is my most wanted stage.
I want the stage so much, that I would fight with no reasons at all for his competitive viability.

As returning stages :
-->Fountain of Dreams and Dreamland stages from Kirby , are probably my most wanted.
-->Frigate Orpheon is a nice stage and nice counterpick in my eyes.
--> I always though Spear Pillar was the best stage in the entire franchise to play a "for fun" match.

I was very surprised with the returning Brawl stages at SSB4, it's like they put almost every counterpick or stages that I liked.
Halberd, Delfino Plaza, Lylat Cruise and Castle Siege making into SSB4... pure joy.

Nebulax

Smash Cadet
That Flying Man on Smash Tour.
Magicant confirmed 4real guys and gals

In all seriousness, I reckon that is Pirate Ship on the Game & Watch image. That just leaves Fountain of Dreams and I'm happy.

Sgtxam

Smash Rookie
NNID
Sgtxam
3DS FC
2964-8815-6265
I really hope we get a F-Zero GX stage (not counting Port Town). My most wanted are Green Planet, Phantom Road, or Aeropolis. Although, they're probably just going to use that retro mute city stage again :mad:.

I am sick of retro stages. Although the nostalgia is real, they still are lackluster when compared to HD stages. 75m, Mute City, Mario Bros., Balloon Fight, and more. I love wrecking crew for this reason.

Erotic&Heretic

Smash Master
Clocktower was not made by Nintendo, so it won't happen (and that's a shame)

The best choice for a creepy stage would be Eternal Darkness, but it was already completely ignored in Brawl, except in the chronicles. And that's a shame too.

Top Bottom