• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Stage Discussion

AIM0001

Smash Lord
The yarn stage for Yoshi looks awesome. Does make me wonder why they did a Yoshi yarn stage and not a Kirby epic yarn stage seeing how Kirby's "yarn" game is out and Yoshi's isn't...Either way should be fun!

LunarDistortion

Lord of the Nigelchu's
NNID
Lunar_Distortion
3DS FC
4639-9294-0127
Switch FC
SW-4041-3028-0448
The biggest thing for me about Congo Jungle is that it proves that stages from Melee and 64 can still appear if they weren't in Brawl.

So basically everything from the DLC Stages section of my signature could appear in the full game, that's exciting.

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
Does anyone have a picture of the other stage select screen shown in the Direct? I could've sworn I saw one that had more stages than the "My Music" one; one with Skyworld in the bottom left corner or something.

zony514

Smash Apprentice
NNID
zoniken514
3DS FC
1633-5281-0428
I just checked at the Smash Wiki, and it looks like they revealed the stage from Yoshi's yarn game, and Pokemon Stadium 2 will be a returning stage.

Anyhow, I just thought of a theory about the stages. Does anybody still remember the arrow buttons leaks, which may be to turn pages for the character/stage roster? Here's this theory I've thought...since we know DLC's coming, which may possibly be more new stages, maybe the stage roster will do something if something is downloaded. We know that the roster we have is mixed with the new and returnings, so if you download a new stage, the 2nd page button will appear, moving all the returning stages to the new returning stage page. Just like how they divided the new and Melee stages into two different pages back in Brawl. You think this might happen?

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
Has there been any gameplay of Windy Hill Zone yet? Also Mario Circuit (MK8) is awesome, maybe even better than Rainbow Road.

zony514

Smash Apprentice
NNID
zoniken514
3DS FC
1633-5281-0428
Has there been any gameplay of Windy Hill Zone yet? Also Mario Circuit (MK8) is awesome, maybe even better than Rainbow Road.
There were some gameplays shown for the Windy Hill in this week's direct as that stage can be playable for the 8-player Smash, but I don't think anybody have played it yet back in E3.

Roy-Kun

Smash Ace
3DS FC
2337-4154-9016
I don't understand how people can dislike 75m. I think it's a great stage, plus I dunno, I love the retro feeling I get when playing on that stage.

--Now that I think about it, it may be the stage design. But still, I think it's one of the best stages IMO.

Azew

Smash Lord
I just saw Gamexplain's video for Wuhu Island. While the stage scrolled past the red bridge and the lighthouse I realized that I knew each and every path through the Island. I remember all the good times I had with my family on that Island. I know were every road on there leads to and I remember through it with the Wii remote in my pocket. I didn't know I felt nostalgia for that game, but here I am, crying and wishing I could go back to being young and running past that silly dog with all of my loved ones. I can't stop crying right now. :crying:

Last edited:

Erotic&Heretic

Smash Master
I don't understand how people can dislike 75m. I think it's a great stage, plus I dunno, I love the retro feeling I get when playing on that stage.

--Now that I think about it, it may be the stage design. But still, I think it's one of the best stages IMO.
Yeah, it's a question of stage design. Those tiny plateforms with an erratic disposition isn't really popular.
It's not a practical stage, but I have a soft spot for it.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
zony514 said:
There were some gameplays shown for the Windy Hill in this week's direct as that stage can be playable for the 8-player Smash, but I don't think anybody have played it yet back in E3.
Just found one on gamexplain, and if this stage is better than Green Hill, then it should be great for 8 players.

zony514

Smash Apprentice
NNID
zoniken514
3DS FC
1633-5281-0428
Just found one on gamexplain, and if this stage is better than Green Hill, then it should be great for 8 players.
I just saw it too. It looks like there's not much of a gimmick to that stage except for the wheel on the right and the bumpers on the bottom edge, but I would like to expect the music for that stage. Heavy metal vocals like Live and Learn or Sonic Heroes may be fine, but I would like more arranges if possible. Sad that Jun Senoue's not in this Smash...

Naoshi

wow this is a custom title

I love the concept of the stage, but I really dislike the stage design. It was a pain to fight on, especially online with lag. Easily one of my least favorite stages :(

(Also I don't get why the red textures of the platforms are so faded)

Untouch

Smash Master
this was during the events thing

i'm ASSUMING this is pac land, but is this the omega version? the normal version is an autoscroller

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
this was during the events thing

i'm ASSUMING this is pac land, but is this the omega version? the normal version is an autoscroller
Yeah I'd say that's the FD version of PAC-LAND.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
[quote/14, post: 17846986, member: 272455"]I just saw it too. It looks like there's not much of a gimmick to that stage except for the wheel on the right and the bumpers on the bottom edge, but I would like to expect the music for that stage. Heavy metal vocals like Live and Learn or Sonic Heroes may be fine, but I would like more arranges if possible. Sad that Jun Senoue's not in this Smash...[/quote]
Sonic arrangements would be the best.

Last edited:

zony514

Smash Apprentice
NNID
zoniken514
3DS FC
1633-5281-0428
Sonic arrangements would be the best.
And speaking of Sonic arrangements...the only music arrange they had for Sonic back in Brawl was Angel Island Zone, which was made by Jun Senoue, and no one other than him made any arrange songs for Sonic. Since we know Jun Senoue's not in that musician list which means he not gonna participate this time, then there's no other musician who wanna try out the Sonic music arranges. I just don't know why...maybe Sonic's minor than Mario in Japan.

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
And speaking of Sonic arrangements...the only music arrange they had for Sonic back in Brawl was Angel Island Zone, which was made by Jun Senoue, and no one other than him made any arrange songs for Sonic. Since we know Jun Senoue's not in that musician list which means he not gonna participate this time, then there's no other musician who wanna try out the Sonic music arranges. I just don't know why...maybe Sonic's minor than Mario in Japan.
well remeber that was most likely due to how late sonic was added to brawl, theres no reason why there wont be a few remixies this time around

zony514

Smash Apprentice
NNID
zoniken514
3DS FC
1633-5281-0428
well remeber that was most likely due to how late sonic was added to brawl, theres no reason why there wont be a few remixies this time around
Yeah, just like how Sonic hardly had any actions in SSE.
But oh well, even if there's no arranges for Sonic, his vocal songs are still awesome, so I can accept that.

Erotic&Heretic

Smash Master
I realised that there was the Omega version of the Great Cave Offensive stage in the Direct.

Also, I need some experts eyes. I realized that the tickets in the Master Order modes shows the stage where you will fight, but I can identify one of them.

We can see Battlefield and Wily's Castle, but I don't know what it is for Palutena... I don't think it's Wrecking Crew.

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
I realised that there was the Omega version of the Great Cave Offensive stage in the Direct.

Also, I need some experts eyes. I realized that the tickets in the Master Order modes shows the stage where you will fight, but I can identify one of them.

We can see Battlefield and Wily's Castle, but I don't know what it is for Palutena... I don't think it's Wrecking Crew.
Looks like Colisuem on Palutena's ticket.

Yusa

Smash Cadet
I found something regarding the return of Pirate Ship - or rather a small hint that it might not.

From 3:55 onwards they are playing 8-Player-Smash on Hyrule Temple. If you listen real closely you'll notice Gerudo Valley running as background music for the stage; and that song was formerly included on the Pirate Ship in Brawl. They could have possibly switched it up but i dunno, this seems rather conclusive to me since they have not ever done that unless a stage was removed.

How about Forest Haven instead? WW should get some kind of representation after its Wii U remake afterall.

G-Guy

Smash Ace
NNID
G-Guy1990
I found something regarding the return of Pirate Ship - or rather a small hint that it might not.

From 3:55 onwards they are playing 8-Player-Smash on Hyrule Temple. If you listen real closely you'll notice Gerudo Valley running as background music for the stage; and that song was formerly included on the Pirate Ship in Brawl. They could have possibly switched it up but i dunno, this seems rather conclusive to me since they have not ever done that unless a stage was removed.

How about Forest Haven instead? WW should get some kind of representation after its Wii U remake afterall.
Now that you mention it, I clearly saw the great ocean theme in Skyloft's "my music" section in the direct!

Dammit, i was hoping for the ship to return! :(

zony514

Smash Apprentice
NNID
zoniken514
3DS FC
1633-5281-0428

Now that you mention it, I clearly saw the great ocean theme in Skyloft's "my music" section in the direct!

Dammit, i was hoping for the ship to return! :(
But couldn't that Gerudo Valley music be from the 3DS's Gerudo Valley Stage? They said they're gonna bring the music from the 3DS in the Wii U, and notice it says "Arrange" on it, so it could be different.

Pieman0920

Smash Master
In regards to past stages, outside of Mario, I would think that its likely that most series won't go past two, so I wouldn't think Gerudo Valley would show up again. So if that assumption is right, I would think the Yoshi, Star Fox, Metroid, or Pokemon series (and maybe Mother, F-Zero, and Mario) would be the most likely for unrevealed past stages. With Kongo Jungle in, I do hope its an indication that we could get Brinstar Depths and Saffron City though. I would also be sort of surprised if Big Blue doesn't come back, since they ported over the Falcon Flyer trophy.

Anyways, for 75m, I don't think its quite as bad as most people say it is, but since we're getting Congo Jungle as well, and the 3DS version already has Jungle Japes, the past DK stages to pick from are really kind of low. Kongo Jungle's dull as dirt, and as hectic as 75m is, I would take that over Rumble Falls.

Last edited:

PlayfulMushroom

Smash Apprentice
Will there be any hidden stages? They mentioned in the direct that the Wii U version will have more stages than 3DS, but the number of stages in the selection screen doesn't look too impressive... :sadsheep:

allison

She who makes bad posts
NNID
crazyal02
3DS FC
0216-1055-4584
Will there be any hidden stages? They mentioned in the direct that the Wii U version will have more stages than 3DS, but the number of stages in the selection screen doesn't look too impressive... :sadsheep:
We know there will be secret stages, neither Pac-Land nor Pokemon Stadium 2 (both of which are confirmed to be in the game) are present here.

Vintage Creep

Smash Master
NNID
VintageCreep
I'm pretty sure Wind Waker will get a new, possibly better than Pirate Ship stage.
The game got an HD remaster last year.

domokl

Smash Lord
I also feel there is probably gonna be a hoenn stage if wooly world got a stage. I used to think it released too late but apparently not.

Naoshi

wow this is a custom title
Hoenn stage would be awesome.

So that leaves only Johto without a stage..

Top Bottom